Posts by Zyrex

Well Wl/M is ... state of mind.
    The rest about mage is burst or not so much burst while single damage is basically the same (similar*)

Still.. its too similar. Even with diffrent playstyle you presented.

Before continuing this, I would suggest you play the classes at least once, afterwards you can complain. :) Or at least give a suggestion how to change things, all I see is crying for no reason ^^

✨✨✨Giveaways of a total of 10.000 Diamonds* ✨✨✨

👀 Find the hiding Dwarfs! 👀

I did some adjustments inside the maze and since dwarfs are too rich, I wanna start a small "event" inside my house. Just answer the question correctly and become rich, too! :pinch:

The big question is:

How many dwarven children are hiding inside my maze? :/ The required answer is the amount of all dwarven children inside the maze and the central glade which is located inside my ingame house. I also need a short description where the dwarfs are hiding, just to get sure you don't guess blindly. Something like "in the whirlpool", "on top of the tower" or such is enough. If you want, you can even attach screenshots to your submissions.

The prices:

The first 4 players who write the correct answer in this thread (or write me in a conversation here in the forum (top right corner in the forum header bar) ) will win 2500 diamonds.*

*Terms of Participation:

But this is discussion feedback so what in your opinion is special in the combos you mentioned?

Or what make them special in comparsion.

I will just talk about the basic mechanics of the classes, excluding all utility, support, CC, aoe, debuffs, ISS, etc. Just so that nobody cries bcz I missed 90% of stuff.

1. Wl/S casts shot with every hit of Severed Consciousness and Dark Rain. Your SC deals the most dps of all your spells, so you wanna channel this like 100% of time. To reach this, you need to manage your psi recovery properly through several sources, such as your Saces Impatience. But this only works while your willpower buff is running, so out of it you wanna use Dark Rain in combination with a tic of Knowledge Acquisition and a single shot (if other sources are on cd) to get 6 psi as fast as possible. Not to lose too much damage, you need high focus for your Dark Rain as well. I've seen many Wl/S who dealt good damage but only a few that took the entire potential of the class, which requires more than a simple spam of SC.

2. Wl/Ch casts Severed Consciousness too, but only in the offburst for sustain dps and uses Ruthless Judgement in burst with a high cast speed. You have several fillers that cost rage but at the same time you need as much rage as possible anytime to cast Rage Sublimation if you need it. You also wanna keep Saces Impulse running, which gives you a decent selfheal and additional offensive attributes. Other than Wl/S your base magical damage is pretty high, so your aoe spells deal more damage normally.

3. Wl/R has one of the most complex rotations, because you need several conditions for your best spells. You need as many elemental weakness debuffs on your target in order to deal the most damage with your strong abilities. Basically you buff yourself with Shadow Step, Punishment (that requires Crime) and End of Thoughts (that gives you the psi recovery you need). You also debuff enemies with Soul Fang (which is overwritten by Wl/M support, which you need to have in mind). So different to the other warlocks, you don't spam or channel the same spell over and over again, but rotate through a lot of different spells that buff or debuff for short durations but are essentially for your dps.

4. Wl/W uses Consistant Heart Strike as main damage source, which is your main spamable. Since Wl/W is one of the easier warlocks, you deal like 80-90% of your damage just with that. However, you need to keep up your debuffs so your rage does not run off, but since last patches this shouldn't be an issue anymore I guess.

5. I could even talk about Wl/M, which has a really funny mechanic as well: You cast your strongest spell Flaming Heart Strike which goes on cd for 20 seconds. So you cast Soul Brand String to reset the cd, but it only works in your willpower blade. The basic rota is using both skills over and over again, while keeping up the raid support and debuffs etc. You can actually deal good damage with this, but not as much as other warlocks ofc, since Wl/M is a main support class.

Conclusion:

So basically you're right: warlocks deal damage inside the willpower blade and wanna enter this state as soon as possible, in order to keep up the damage of their best spells in the first place. BUT depending on your sec class you have different ways and options to manage psi and maintain your willpower blade or you got an entirely different rotation of skills or even an entirely different set of skills.

This being said, in terms of balancing they are more or less equal as well (except Wl/M which is a meme class as dps), depending on raid setup (Wl/R requires a M/Wl imo for example for it's full potential), but not in every situation or instance. If you play warlock, you should play them all, in order to have the best options for different use cases.

Ofc you can just spam Psychic Arrows with all of them, but this will result in really sad damage. Warlocks are the most complex classes for magicals (imho), they got the very most conditions for their spells but got a lot of support and utility for the entire raid on the other hand. If you say warlocks are all the same, have a look at mage class before, since warlocks are way more diverse in gameplay than mages (and many other classes as well). ;)

There is also a question about how parry rate is calculated because its I dont know.. it seems quite buggy?

How does it apply to normal non critical hits from higher level enemies and lower ones.

Some regular mobs and elites deal normal noncritical damage ignoring parry rate?

Parry has nothing to do with Crit. Parry is just an additional 40% damage reduction by %chance. The more absolute parry points you get, the less %chance is increased (exponential approximation to 95% or so, don't ask me about the correct mathematical expression ^^), just like crit rate. Only exception is the warden class that gets more damage reduction by parry passively iirc, but the approximation is always the same, no matter which class

how many Heal players behind you, you could have given more detailed information.

Normally we had 2 heals, one on a major heal class, the other one on a more supportive one like wl/p, wd/p or wl/d, d/b, ... Do you run with only 1 d/p or what? =O

So you want K/S additionally have better support? In what way? Keep in mind that all knights got old K/M debuff in threaten, so a little more utility on a strong aggro one could make the K/S the next overused knight =O

Or do you want more knight be silimar to K/D utility? From my perspective there is no reason to break the current knights design, which works just fine to me :/ Don't get me wrong, I just want to know in which way you want to change something :*

As I said, there are players who like it personally, but here I want to share my opinion for the better. I also don't believe that B/K, WRD/K, K/B can still do a proper job.

I've seen Wd/K in IDK and it did quite well, if I'm not wrong, our tanks already played his in DC which was working too. But no idea about what the class does in detail, haven't looked into this as much :whistling:

Now, from what I've seen in the runs, usually the tank selections are K/D

Yes, but unfortunately most K/D I see in random runs (outside DC) either can't hold aggro properly because K/D's overall aggro is worse than most other knights, or they can't keep Holy Flank running properly. And if a player can't do both, why playing K/D at all? However, if a player can play K/D properly, it should be one of the best choices for DC for sure.

As far as I can see, there are players who claim to be good, but at the moment I haven't seen a player in this class and I haven't seen one before. Why ?

Our tanks in my former guild and my current one play(ed) K/S very often, especially in DC and the blood arrow never was an issue, iirc you don't even need it to run permanently, you can toggle it on and off. But yes I agree, in random runs you see almost nobody tank with it, everyone only K/D without aggro or without up-time on holy flank :pinch:

But K/S is a perfect beginner class for knights imo (decent aggro, huge range, even some basic utility and CC) and after mastering tanking with it, ppl could move on to K/D which deals less aggro but has better support if played properly. You see this behavior at many other tank classes: The more aggro / easier gameplay, the less support you will have on board. Example: Even K/M is viable, but has almost no useful support for the raid - but it's aggro is really good and it's easy to play through tons of aoe hits --> fast Threaten stacking and misses are not fatal for melees

right now the game is in boring state where every single class combo perform the same with the difference of skill names and animations+effects

So you think the Wl/Wd is played on the same way as the Wl/Ch for example? Or the Wl/R the same way as Wl/S?

I got my Level 80 Gear from the NPC in Varanas. On this gear i found:
    Dex/End, Int/end and 2x dex/Pat and Int/mat. Is that correct or does it depend on the secondary class how you gear the bard? :/

Da mein Englisch nicht so dolle ist.
    Ich hab in Varanas von dem NPC meine Ausrüstung bekommen, das folgendermaßen gestattet war:
    Geschick/AUsdauer, Intelligenz/Ausdauer und dann je 2x Geschick/Phys Angriff und 2x Intelligenz/Magische Angriffskraft. Ist das jetzt richtig so, dass der Barde so gepimpt wird oder hängt das am Ende doch noch von der Sekundärklasse ab? :/

In your case (bard/mage) you should go for 6:0 int/matt, purple stats full int/int which is best in slot these days. For a budget gear you may use some int/stam as well, but even the red pantheon int/matt should be better than most of these. As a bard, you get a passive bonus on all base attributes, which always also includes stamina. You got an ISS that increases your hp additionally for some time, so you barely have issues with HP, means, you can even go full offensive while not going for best in slot gear yet :thumbup:

Just to clarify: There is literally no class in the game that works (well) with a mixed build out of different attributes, except some tanks or leather (that might use str as well, but since 105 main set it's even better to go for full dex I guess). Saying this, because I was recently asked about exactly this thing, since there are transformation potions in the game with mixed attributes as well :pinch:

Well I never had issues in competing with other classes with my (magical) scouts... 😅

In general this class should like in WoW - more offensive than support. Especially with Mage o.o
    For me this combination should launch tactical nukes to be honest. But if it was designed here to support then ;? maybe some necro skills?

I would suggest you try Wl/S, Wl/W, Wl/Ch or Wl/B if you look for some really good damage. Even Wl/Wd is decent in the entire early- and mid game. The only supportive warlocks are /p, /d, /m, but Wl/M can deal pretty good dmg as well. What exactly seems to be not enough offensive at this class in your opinion? From my perspective it's even more offensive than most other magical classes :/

The author tested the B/S combination for a while and unfortunately, as they previously mentioned in another thread, the combination has been killed. Currently, it doesn't deal enough damage to a single target or to multiple targets. They argue that around 20 mobs in IDK were noticeably affected by this combination before, but now, even with full power, they can't catch up with a player who has two or three tiers lower equipment, weapon, and significantly fewer cards. They also mention that the main skill's long cast time doesn't deal damage like before, and it now only deals damage three times but much weaker than before, which also blocks their 25% damage buff. Overall, it's a disaster, an unreasoned change that turned a decent combination into another useless combination for leather equipment. They urge for a quick change because such unexplained changes make the game unenjoyable to play.

I was told that B/S would be decent in pvp, but I don't play much pvp, so not sure about that. But maybe you can have a look :saint:

please what? What you need to "play it"? :D

It's the knight class with the most single aggro and even AOE aggro is very high because of second hatred rune.

The class has nothing special for the group yes, but it's one of the stronger knight classes in general :D

but no one can play xD and i sayed to much useles

The class isn't very difficult, the only difference to other knights is your ground target aoe and your insanely ranged holy strike. How can't ppl play it? Haven't seen anyone else complaining yet at all :huh:

Maybe some explanation - I played it for a while before changing to cloth tank:

• Lv 15 elite is a single pull / taunt,
    • Lv 20 makes holy strike ranged,
    • lv 25 is kinda useless unless you need some specific CC,
    • lv 30 is the mentioned ground target that is equal to a whirlwind shield iirc,
    • lv 35 even makes your wrist attack more useful to survive certain attacks,
    • lv 40 heals you by a little,
    • lv 45 is a really useful raid shield,
    • lv 50 is a self-cleanse against stuns etc,
    • lv 60 makes the chains less useless (but this mechanic is only useful in pvp I guess) and
    • lv 70 makes your blood arrow work differently, which is much better than costing hp every second.

So you got insane aggro on single target and aoe, another 10s cd ranged ground target aggro aoe (just writing this speaks for itself) and even got a decent damage mitigation for the entire raid every 2 minutes. What is useless there? Compared to other tanks it's even too strong :P

And...

Regarding Knight/Mage...

Is there any plan to make Knight/Mage viable as a magical dps class?

K/M is really strong in cloth tank gear, it even deals decent damage compared with other tanks. Not even Champ/Priest or Warden/Warrior deal such damage (as tanks). However, I doubt there is a need for another Warmage-like class, esp if you look back into the past when K/M actually was a dps on coa, which was horrible =O I still got ptsd from our full K/M hos raids back then :pinch:

Unfortunately I don't save my scrutis, so no, can't proof my points with numbers. Don't even remember what classes were played there, however in my former guild most ppl always played the same classes, so debuffs/buffs didn't change as much :/

The only mage that was better than all warlocks in DC was M/S, the others had too poor matt to compete with warlocks that just got passive int bonus through class, some got another attributes bonus through buffs, others through additional weapon/talisman. However, Wl/R was useless to me in every way, Wl/Ch was better in every scenario, so I acted like Wl/R doesn't exist for a while (and still is).

But I agree, depending on raid setups and raid gameplay, all our opinions can differ. That's why I'm pretending to play a different game or being in my own bubble, cause I think my personal gameplay differs very much from most others. So warlocks were stronger than mages in dc for me, can't do anything about it :| Can't even believe how mage could be better than warlock with "lower" gear unless it was /scout :huh:

PS: Have fun including this into your next answer as well) 8o

Yes, sorry, you're right, every 2 minutes. But unfortunately it is 33% less common than others :)

If you just burst every 2 minutes with all of your raid, it shall be fine ^^

In theory (according to my parses and a little imagination) mages in general are stronger than (most) warlocks in aoe sustain dps, so in future instances that have twice the amount of mobs of dc but half their defenses, mages would be always better :P

А) I was in IDK as m/ch and s/m. And my slow fingers said me "play s/m, if u have w/s or w/d in group" :D doesnt matter both classes are strong for this

C) I always only count damage throughout the dungeon. Because the result is the end. I never look at dps separately for trash and bosses (Provided that the group needs to pick up a setup so that there is enough damage at all stages)

E) yes, perhaps I should have clarified :D I'm talking about the protection of mobs and bosses, in order to understand what food, synedrils, supports and what ranks to choose :D Our defense as a long-range dps is not important

A) Feel that, but I'm playing with a combat engine (leave the hard finger acrobatics to other games! :D) so I don't have any issues with M/Ch, but can imagine how it feels to play fully "manually" =O Maybe mages are stronger these days if you play them with a good engine (not speaking of shitty combo), that would explain why opinions differ that much in some cases :/

C) I use to look at both. You need much more full runs to compare full raid damage parses and always the same raid setup, the same amount of burst phases etc. So I assume one cannot compare two classes only through full run scrutis, esp since scrutinizer is the most inaccurate dps parse addon I've ever seen in an mmo. However, I once even managed to outdamage warriors, scouts and even warlocks in boss burst in DC as Bard/Mage when a (physical) S/M was in the raid. So I would assume that both b/m and s/m are equal. So either S/M isn't as strong as ppl tell in my hands, or B/M is stronger in my hands than ppl tell. :pinch:

E) True that, however, if you compare on dummy, you expect the perfect world, where either all debuffs are applied, or nothing, doesn't matter since all parses use the same conditions. I said "excluding the dummy circumstances" at the beginning, so I already counted in differences that only apply on dummy parses, such as matt inc, mdef dec, support, etc. However, I think it's time to get better dummys in Itnal camp, guess I suggested this a houndred times already =O

A) That's our default setup in IDK, actually me as M/Ch or M/R or M/K, a S/D and a W/Whatever. And M/Ch was best overall, even while gears of us were equal. M/R was the weakest of the 3 mages, but had best support at the same time. However, M/R is perfect for Kalin imo, that's enough of use cases for me.

C) In which way? Sustain damage of bard is better than scout, so if you don't burst constantly, bard would be equal or even better, depending on raid speed. And even in fast raids, if you have a S/M and a B/M at the same time, b/m makes up in burst through the debuff.

E) Point is, that 2 same tests under same circumstances with the same environment result in a difference of 5% if enough for me to be sure that Wl/S isn't cut as much as it looks like in the patchnotes. But sure, dummy differs a lot from instances, you can only compare max damage but never include additional support etc, since conditions are too different... But why should I care about protection if I don't die in idk or dc at all as a ranged dps? Guess I don't get your point here :/

And for u, my dear Zyrex, I'll write new post :D

Oh no, I feel very comfortable in my personal bubble, please don't make me leave it =O

aaaand

Yes, its good as support, like mexxer, but not dps. It has burst each 2.5 min (at this time others - 1.5 min).

If you reset your elemental catalysis after half of its cd is completed, you can use it every 2 mins and combine it with the 2 funny ghosts which has 2 min cd as well. You can even use water and elven potion for a third burst-like burst that only works on single targets :whistling:

PS: Have fun including this into your next answer as well) 8o

This really looks decent! The game has a huge potential for a battle pass system, which is the perfect solution to replace the more or less useless vip bonuses. I mean, the weapon training dragon is cool and the haidon buff is useful, but everything else isn't worth it (for me). Can't click the interactive mockup yet, just see a black box there, but will try later from my PC.

On the other hand, maybe there is a way too much information on a screen at the same time (assuming you additionally get mouseover tooltips by hovering over the 100 buttons), but coloring looks nice (even though the color blind will cry cause the borders are just too thin) and a system like that is highly asked by... the... comm...

...wait... it's actually not. The 16th of 20 options in the poll. =O However, it looks decent :thumbup: So if the other 15 things come up first, nobody will cry I guess ^^

Cool, I'm playing a different game again than most others \o/

Assuming the devs balance around dc AND idk, some changes really make sense imo. So let's enter my different game for a second and simulate as we all would play on the same server... Here we go...

A) Warlocks were stronger than every mage before the patch, but mages were better in every 6 man content, so I assume the nerf of both was reasonable :/

B) Some specific (very much) overpowered classes, such as Ch/B and Wl/S were nerfed additionally, perfect :thumbup:

C) S/M was nerfed aa few patches ago (lost 5% matt and got little xbow magic damage instead), the class feels like an average mdps these days to me. Nothing really broken, but equal to a bard/mage with just different advantages and disadvantages, but overall same damage.

D)

2) You take 10% dps from the mage, which is impossible to play in endgame instances (except m/s PS if someone decides to mention m/ch or m/r, then come to the dungeon and prove it to me in comparison with me). I will not even talk about the latest "boost" of m/p type connections. And we still remember "-26% intelligence". At the same time, such bundles as s/m, ch/b (mentioned by Noodlez), s/wl and the most juicy for a raid instance wl/d remain untouched. I still don't understand what you are balancing.

You could actually play M/K in there, which was rlly cool too. I'm curious if it's still viable, since I focused on op m/s and warlocks for the last weeks in dc. M/Ch has a shitty matt but is the very best mdps class in IDK imo. In DC it wasn't as bad, too and gave decent support to Ch/B (the same way a S/M supports B/M)...

E) I was testing the Wl/S on dummy yesterday and compared with my past parses. And (excluding the dummy circumstances) turned out it lost like 5.5% damage output overall. Damn, that's a huge impact! Wl/Ch didn't feel any change at all, the 5% feel like the normal variance while parsing (parses differ between +-2-5% normally).

F) Mages on the other hand, feel much weaker through the same 5% nerf. My M/S lost like 20% (should be less in real instance, would assume like 12-15%), M/Ch lost 11% compared to my parses from 3 days ago. So yea I agree, mages need a boost soon to be fine again. :/

Afaik such healing potions already exist but are kinda useless, like healing 50k hp or such (don't rememeber the real amount, but recipes are sold in Atlas for AC). Maybe it's time to rework them or make them heal %hp just like Phirius potions :/

(Btw, %hp increase potions already exist, granting +25% hp which is fine imo)

Hallo, ich bin neu hier im Spiel und frage mich, wie ich für meinen Barden an ein neues Instrument kommen soll.
    Ich habe den Barden als dritte Klasse gewählt und musste mir von einem Twink ein Level 1 Instrument zuschicken, da ich keines bekam. Dann bekomme ich während der ganzen Quests an der KdG kein neues Instrument. Das Instrument in Varanas ist unbezahlbar für einen Neueinsteiger. Ich habe gerade mal 48.000 Gold :D

Es gibt diverse Barden-Klassenkombis, die kein Instrument brauchen, zb Barde/Druide nutzt einen 2h Stab. Barde/Bewa dürfte eine 2h Axt nutzen, bei anderen bin ich mir nicht ganz sicher. Diese Klassen sind in der meta nicht so stark, sollte für alles außer Endgame aber imo ausreichen. Auf der Homepage gibt's eine Übersicht aller Klassenkombis, die auch alle paar Patches aktualisiert wird, da kannst Du auch sehen, welche Kombi welche Waffenart verwendet: https://chroniclesofarcadia.com/skills/12/

Ansonsten sollte ich sicher noch das ein oder andere Fragment oder Tambu rumliegen haben, kannst mich gerne mal ingame anschreiben, dann schau ich mal, was ich hab :)