Posts by Gargoyle

Is there a guide or any suggestions on farming for rune pets eg how to increase the probability of getting a rune pet egg above any other type, the best place to farm, whether the level of the monster being killed has a bearing on the level of the egg, and so on? I tried luck and potions etc but only got 2 from a few hours farming over the last couple of days :D

Thanks both for the help. Using those filters does not provide the intended result. I tried a combination. Although using the filter "You don't" produces results, it also gives cards owned. The filter "$notowned" does not work. Using both filters together does not show only cards not owned. I may have to do it manually. For a minute there I thought it worked.

Hi there, sorry. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I sometimes go to the auction house and type in $notowned in the filter and search for monster cards I don't own. I only have about 55% so I expect cards to show up but none do. Today there's almost 2,000 cards and I can't get the filter to work. I downloaded the new yaclt and ah addons after the patch. If someone has time to explain what I can do it'd be appreciated thanks :)

Tha's fantastic thanks very much Grox. You're 100% right about the pbinfo thing. I installed all these addons when I first started playing, never really understood what they do. Removing pbinfo removed that laggy problem so yes thanks! Will re-look at the pet issue as I can't replicate it.

Hi, I'm having two issues with the game. Not sure if it's a general issue or a client issue etc as I've not played much for a long time. Hopefully someone knows how to fix them:

1. The bigger issue is when in game, anything I do is very slow when interacting with any NPC. For example, doing the Research Expert quest, when I double click the NPC there's a lag then accepting the quest a lag and turning in the quest is a lag. In cenedril areas there are more lags just moving around and looting. The only things that have changed is updating the Arcadia client and updating the graphics.

I thought it may have been a graphics card problem (Nvidia GTX770). I reinstalled with "clean install" and it still occurs. I've experimented with effects and turned them all off, down to 800x600 screen, near in view distance.

Windows 10, the graphics driver, and the Arcadia client are all up to date.

2. I also have problems with the pet interface. If you go to the pet > show pet information > the bar numbers seem too low. For example, "Training" is only up to 10 and I thought it was like, 15000 or something like that. I can't feed pets or use potions. Other bars may also have problems I'm not sure.

Right then, have fun all.

Hi all!!
    I've not played here for about 6 months and thought I'd fire up the ol' game. Unfortunately, the launcher takes a few minutes until the screen comes up so I can press the play button.

Is there a quicker way to launch the game and get to the username and password screen? If not, is there a way to bypass the updating scenario when an update isn't required so I can rule that out? The computer's fine and it's just the launcher time to get to username and password.

The game was originally on SSD and I moved it to HDD to see if there's any difference and it's about the same. It's a fairly new SSD.
    Have fuunnnnnn.

I'm a lone wolf on server and mostly learn by my mistakes, so I'm hoping to start a conversation here others will improve on for you. I ask they keep in mind I have nobody to bounce this off and am doing what I can ... be nice.

So, my memory of it is the last given gear was somewhere in Redhills (Dwarf King, maybe) through Morrok questline and after that you have to kill stuff. What I tend to do for cheap gear is use the siege packages. You get a free piece of gear in it (open it when you're level 104 otherwise the gear won't be any good to you). They're level 98/99 and have 2 yellow stats on them. Don't be picky at first and try get two great stats on a piece of equipment. Get them close enough though. Get three of them and with three puri stones, you can stat one item. The red lvl 102 are usually very cheap for many classes in the auction. eg, looking right now, the lvl 102 Ek Chuaj are 99 diamonds each, and the 104 Loki is 99 to 300.

By using three puri stones plus one item, you could stat the set and get the item bonuses.If you don't get siege packages, join a guild. Make some alts and get them in the guild. Make your own. Alternatively, they're usually cheap in the auction house for 5-15 diamonds. It may take a little patience, but it works.

If you want to go that little extra with this sort of gear, you can easy +6 with perfects from the shop to boost your stats. To save diamonds, get it to plus two using "Moon Jewel - Orion" (6 for 69d) then up to +6 using Perfect Moon Jewel Elven (6 for 90d). You can go further if you want, although I don't tend to on this type of gear. Of course, use that free golden hammer for your +20%

The above gives you tier 6 equipment (3 stones containing 2 stats each from siege gear). Per item, assuming you buy stats on siege gear from auction house at 10 diamonds each (there's plenty for 5 but who knows right!) You can go tier 7 if you want but I wouldn't bother. Basic figures look like:

Your set of 4 chain @ 100d per piece = 400d
    Buy 12 siege gears @ 10d ea = 120d
    Use puri stones at 22d each on the siege gear (22 x 12) = 264
    Total = 784 diamonds for the set, or 196 per item
    If you plus to six add a max of 69d per item (you can do it cheaper using non-perfects for the first +2) = 276

Which makes 1,060d for the set, or 265d per item.
    If you can't afford this, skip buying the chain gear. Wear siege gear instead if you can find it. 10d per item. When I started out and had no diamonds, I did just this. I bought two other pieces and purified them, and used a blank tier 6. It works out about
    3 x siege gear @ 10dia = 30d
    2 x puri @ 22d = 44d
    1 x clean tier 6 = 22d
    = 96d per item, or 66d per item if you use your own siege gear.

I used to do the above for alts and now many of them have the level 93 epic gear you can get in the auction house cheap with old stats, usually plussed.

For accessories, try buy the Adventurer rings that are plus 20 for the crit. They put a restriction on improving the adventurer gear so not sure how you'll go.

I remember spending all my money on a good weapon (not great, just good) and the rest of my gear consisted of the above and I could do things including all cenedrils.

If you have rubies from the item shop (eg, if you plussed) then buy a pair of wings and stick three stats on that, too.
    Hope it helps.

--
    Thanks to Calo for helping me understand when I first joined.

Wherever he is.

This is a noob question on pet egg levelling.
    I've gone and collected hundreds of eggs and want to level a second pet. I think I get the basics of this eg, same element, three per day etc.
    What I notice is when merging, it doesn't increase base stats other than when it levels, eg, if merging a rune pet, sometimes you can get a small stat eg, 0.5 str.
    I'm trying to find guides that explain how to get these small stats with other eggs like the natural eggs. There are lots of sites, and they are on official site. Instead of giving me the guide it gives me a notice that it's moving to Steam, and I can't access the guide.
    Does anybody have a guide on how to do it, or is do no other eggs give those small stats, and just three a day - maybe that's everything!!
    To be honest, right now it seems irrelevant as using the growth potion when on special seems a better idea haha. Is that right? Hope not. Took months to collect these eggs!!

Also, any idea on this thread about eggs over level 70 ?

Coming off this thread Mage/Scout I'm wondering:
    1. Is the mage scout predominantly int like the k/m or is it more matk?

2. Other than a fast bow, what gear etc can be used to make the bow faster - I'm trying to figure out if it's based on casting speed or physical attack speed but I suck. eg there's gear to increase casting speed but I don't know if it applies to a bow.

3. Any other insights on the class will be good. I do like it but I'm bad at playing.
    Been a while since I hit the forum!!!

Have a look at this thread too. Some like me start as noobs lols xD Good links and info for scout/warden and warden/scout?

It may also depend on what people are hitting to get that sort of damage. I'd like to know how they get that high, too. I use the addon scrutinizer which also allows you to see what skills for other people are causing the most damage.

Post back; let us know what you find out. Always good to learn new things!

This is more of a learning curve than a problem that needs fixing. When I want to play the game at someone else's house, I now have it installed in Windows on a hard drive and I simply boot it up through VMWare Player. The graphics are fine and everything's great except for one thing, and it seems others in different games like Minecraft have the same issue.

In-game, when using the mouse to adjust camera angle, it goes at super speed, eg, hold the left or right mouse button down and move the mouse to look in different directions.

I've tried numerous "fixes" from different websites with no luck. I'm wondering if anybody using this forum knows how to adjust the mouse so it's slow in VMWARE Player per the above.

There are a number of people who have similar issues eg same symptoms as https://www.minecraftforum.net…or-going-mental-in-vmware and others

I use one monitor, have a wired keyboard and mouse, bought another mouse with a pre-configured button for speed sensitivity, adjusted the mouse speed within Windows, and tried other things like editing the registry. I've tried some software that auto-adjusts, but the parameters of the software are the same as the Windows mouse speeds, so they're only shortcuts. They don't go slower. I'm on Windows 10 x64 host using VMWare Workstation 14 Player (14.1.1 build-7528167) playing Windows 7 32 bit (I don't have a licence for Windows 10).

Anyways, I'm interested in knowing how to resolve it just for the sake of knowing how to resolve it now. And it'd be good to take with me, too!!

Sorry for the late reply, my internet's been down. Yeah. I don't think I entered the place like that and thought it unusual, but not that usual when I find my head stuck up a horse's [expletive deleted]!!

Here's my thoughts, simply because I occasionally have them.

1. That dinosaur pet is really big, and I think still too big for a pet. I'd like it to be the size of the Aurora goblin. It can still chew my head off. I can't see the point in having a massive pet and working around clicking stuff like when you're near a tower in siege xD

2. Not everybody runs Tikal and higher instances, yet still enjoys the game (eg, me). It's not always based on high end content for everybody. If we only play the game for that reason, then is it really a game. It's a diverse game.

3. If you don't want to pay 70k for a Sneaky Treason, then don't buy one.

4. End-gamers can charge what they want. There's no loaded gun forcing people to buy. If they're awesome enough to run content and charge what they want, then thumbs up to them. I've love to get my grotty hands on a Sneaky Treason. I'll never be super-end-game and heck, if I become one by some freaky occurrence, I'd do the same as what they do. Would you?

Let's focus on the good stuff and play Runes of Magic because it's still alive due to the dedicated devs and GM's on this server. I can't hardly afford my internet, and when I was looking for a game to play, even recent games, I found RoM great because of the dual class system. Let's embrace why we play and not why we shouldn't play.

Let's just be everybody's mate and have fun.

Hi there,

I see from patch notes this particular transformation potion reduces the model of the pet which is great. I just bought one and fed it to my pet, but it's the same size. Was wondering if I've done something wrong or if applying it to an already existing executioner puppet cancelled its effect, or something like that?

Here's my suggestions for this weekend:

High Quality Leather Backpack III - 206698
    High Quality Leather Backpack IV - 206699
    High Quality Leather Backpack V - 206700
    High Quality Leather Backpack VI - 206701

Dual-Function Daily Quest Potion - 242628
    Daily Quest Ticket - Daily Quest Ticket

All X Runes coz we love 'em

Weapons skins (I don't know the names or ID's sorry. I think they're all level 1. The last time they were on sale was May last year, see Weekend Promotion || Arcadia - Paradise 05.05.2017 if it helps)

Any titles - I haven't seen any in a very long time, don't know the names or ID's

8x Pet XP Charm (ID not found but it's in Special Items, bottom right)

And maybe something Valentine-y!

I have an older screen so that's probably not helping. I think I got it configured best I can now with all these tips and reducing the size of the pet will certainly help next patch. Thanks for helping a computer noob with these things. I'm not as smart as your average bear.

OK I think this will work. It took me ages to get it right!!

I've enclosed two screen shots. The first is warden me with nature crystal and pet. I've cut the top of the screenshot off. I use xbar and it has my currencies on it. The second shot is the auction house which might show how big things are. Half the time I can't see auction histories and move the auction house window around. The Windows system is updated and the video driver is as well.

I don't want to put anyone at any trouble I'm sure you've all got better things to do, and thanks for helping.

Windowed mode doesn't caring about your resolution settings. If you maximize your window, it will get maximum resolution.

Oops sorry didn't see that!

Aw it didn't work I'll do it tomorrow. Error is "The data you have entered are invalid. Please check the information you have given in the marked fields." and it's also too big.

Thanks for the help, will certainly figure it out tomorrow cheers Nadana I really appreciate the help.