Posts by Gargoyle

I just tried it and it does make a difference and makes all the icons and things really small, but it's not what I want unfortunately. At full zoom out, the pet is still taking up about 33% of the screen. But I'll mess around with this tomorrow and see if I can get something working, thanks guys!

Hi,

I don't know how to word this one, but I think it'd really help me figure out what to do for better graphics.

I play in "window" mode as it's really easy to switch between applications and watch TV, and I don't really like full screen mode. What I find is the graphics, like the pets, are really really big and take up lots of screen estate.

My current window mode setting in Settings -> Video and Audio Settings

is 800x600

I'd like it better but when I increase it it actually shrinks the window, eg, if I change it to 1280 x 800 it makes the game window smaller. If I choose 1600x1024 it's a full size window but the graphics are massive and doesn't fit on screen. If I change it bak to 800x600 the window is a quarter the size of my screen and I have to press maximise button (for windowed game).

Does this make sense to anyone? What I'd like is a windowed game but the graphics smaller.

Sorry for asking.

Just putting it out there as a thought ... wonder if the warden pets could be reduced too. Maybe I'll start another thread as well on resizing windows, maybe that'd also help. But tiny pets would be good regardless! Hope it's not just me.

Holy smokes what a great answer, thanks Nadana. The title system does annoy me though. Would be good to have a search function on it I can never find what I want. Including that one!! Thanks again!

Title says it all really. I've seen weird sorts of runes like runes to improve mana regen, and was wondering (a) where do you get these types of runes and (b) is there something like a "fire damage" rune that increases your overall fire damage, eg, for a mage?

Still learning the game after over a year ... crikey.

The main one I like is the Executioner Puppet. I think the whole thing's my fault as I like window mode and can't get it past 800x600 and even so, a smaller one would be better. I click it more than a um, clicker ...

Anyhow, item details:

208504 - "Executioner Puppet Transformation Potion"
    Ingame link |Hitem:32e78|h|cffa160a1[Executioner Puppet Transformation Potion]|r|h
    (http://www.rom-welten.de/database/?r=17ud)

The others I use are small enough without a shrinking potion or whatever it could be.

Thanks again Int!!!

A shot in the dark. I like this pet transformation (Executioner Puppet) because it has speed buffs, but it's a bit pet and well, cumbersome to click with because my screen shows large characters. I can't seem to get small graphics on my screen. a pet takes up about a quarter of the screen estate.
    Wondering if the server would consider a new pet transformation potion to either:

- shrink "Pet Transformation Shrink Potion"; or
    - enlarge "Pet Transformation Bulk Potion".

No change in stats etc, just size. Just a suggestion. I like this pet transformation but crikey it's cumbersome to work with.

Nice guide, thanks!

A couple of follow-up questions if anybody notices this thread:

1. A talisman is an "offhand" and a Raid rune can be embedded. There is no attack speed on a talisman. I used a Raid XII and notice no speed difference. Why do talismans allow a Raid rune and have no speed - is this right? What runes would a warrior mage use in the talisman?

2. What is the damage comparison like with a 1h wand + talisman, versus a 2h sword or is it similar to champ/rogue where switching between the two is better?

3. Some people have a "thought squeeze" in the amulet slot for other mage classes. Is this useful, and where is it as I'm not good at finding out if it's any use.

Hope it makes sense! Sorry if these are silly questions.

No scaling, just level. As Megawarden (noob) suggests, you can always pick more classes and races to level. Alternatively, pick up the instant level 80 and go from there. I used to like levelling and questing, but now - nope. And ... welcome. Hope you enjoy the game.

Hi all,

I do the daily with a few alts by asking the pet vendor to trade eggs for catching a cavy. What I find is, it seems, the eggs do not go over level 69.

I've got 2 current pets I want to increase by use of merging pet eggs over lvl 69. Is that level the highest, or is there a way to obtain pet eggs over level 69 as I had to use item shop items last time, and I have hundreds of these eggs level 69 and below.

So are there particular places that one can catch pet eggs over level 70, including rune eggs, and how does one increase the probability of catching one?

Thanks!!

Been a while since I posted and I've a few questions. This one's about a class I've recently come to like - the knight mage. It's mostly because I've connected with the mage/warden and mage/scout and knight/mage.

With a mage class, eg, the knight mage, what other buffs are there available as I've looked and looked and although there are some buffs, I just don't know what they are and where they come from. These are the ones I have right now, what I use:

- Unbridled Enthusiasm;
    - Clear Thought;
    - Lucky Target;
    - Scarlet Love;
    - Touch of the unicorn;
    - Moti Blended Sausage;
    - Hero Potion;
    - Aged Realgar Wine;
    - Egg Rice Dumplings;
    - Strong Stimulant;
    - Soulmate Mixed Desert;
    - Featured Cuisine Delicacy;
    - Grassland mix;
    - Arcane Mystery;
    - Demonic Ruin potion;
    - Ham sandwich (or better, mdps food);
    - Everlasting Love Spiced Juice;
    - Extinguish potion;

Then there's:
    - Class buffs;
    - Pet.

I'm trying to be exhaustive so please tell me what needs replacing, what I've stuffed up on, what I'm doing wrong and what should be added. I got no idea how to do the relationship buffs things.

So any tips on the knight mage (or mage/warden or mage/scout, especially about buffs) will be good, as well as any other mage classes I should try! Big questions right!!

Also, is there any other way to manage all these buffs as it's so difficult to keep track of them all, when they run out, etc.

I leveled up all classes and never played the champion. What are your thoughts on a very good champion secondary for high damage and damage mitigation, and if there are links to guides and how to stat, what weapon to use then it will be great. Seems champion rogue may be a good pick, or would the champion be better as the secondary?

Yeah you've been so good on these forums Nadana. I think the problem is when people generalise eg "items you need for main class" and there's a big discrepancy, eg, the main class you run with, the main class in your head, the main class you want to be. It covers all classes on the game. Maybe I should stick up for myself more, I've lost a lot of stats with different rules. And a lot of friends. I'm quite sad actually. And yet to get a stat without people always needing on them or telling me I'm wrong. Just one stat would be awesome even if it's awful! I just want to be fair, but really I think what you say is broad so yes, talk before you run but as I've learned, that doesn't work. I struggle so much with this and being fair to everyone. This really tears me up. Really does.

I've got this addon and in /say chat I type /cp and it comes up with armor and weapon placements and can be pimped, eg, tier 10 plus 20 but without buying it. I'm interested pimping up higher level gear for the newer 104 stuff but all gear isn't there. I don't know if there's an addon for it or an update. How can I use the /cp and get all equipment on it. I checked Twitch and it doesn't update. I don't like Twitch but Curse keeps upgrading to it.

Can someone please tell me the correct way to need greed on server? This is my understanding so please correct me. I'm getting so confused and have a bad name trying to conform. Help will be appreciated as it's been difficult to understand. This is what I believed was correct.

1. Before boss type the class you roll, eg "I roll mage", "I roll scout", and not "I roll anything" ,"I roll dps"

2. When boss dies:
    a. If stat is not mage, pass. If unsure ask party
    b. If stat is mage, greed, which leads to a roll probability with others who rolled mage,
    c. If item is awesome and you want it, need. Give stat to whomever rolls highest on greed.

A few weeks ago I ran with someone who needed on everything and got stats and items even though they didn't state a class. When I next ran I needed but was told that's wrong I'm ninja, I had to unbind. Then today the same character needed on purple stats and got both of them without saying what class they were rolling for and later stated, "well my main is rogue".

This isn't a whinge-fest, I really am confused with these rules. I've not stated names as you can see and i want to do the right thing, but I want to do it right by everybody.

I've been given a bad name for sticking to the principles of the above and become angry with people who need instead of greed on stats they didn't even roll for.

If someone can let me know the rules, whether I'm wrong and we should need on all stats without rolling a class, that'd really settle things down. I surely can't be wrong on both counts because they can't both be right. I tried world chat and I think I made it worse. I left the guild that supported the person who needed on all these stats and stones. Glad to admit I'm wrong. I just want to learn. Both situations can't co-exist. Has to be one or the other.

Genuine enquiry, this has really torn me up and made me sad, confused, and guildless as I can't support the guild for supporting the behaviour.

As my gear improves, I'm starting to wonder what the highest tier stone/equipment are for both weapons and armor (dirty/clean) or if they're different. I've seen tier 14, but do weapons and armour tiering go beyond that - what's the highest tier possible?