Server instance rules

• Can someone please tell me the correct way to need greed on server? This is my understanding so please correct me. I'm getting so confused and have a bad name trying to conform. Help will be appreciated as it's been difficult to understand. This is what I believed was correct.

1. Before boss type the class you roll, eg "I roll mage", "I roll scout", and not "I roll anything" ,"I roll dps"

2. When boss dies:
    a. If stat is not mage, pass. If unsure ask party
    b. If stat is mage, greed, which leads to a roll probability with others who rolled mage,
    c. If item is awesome and you want it, need. Give stat to whomever rolls highest on greed.

A few weeks ago I ran with someone who needed on everything and got stats and items even though they didn't state a class. When I next ran I needed but was told that's wrong I'm ninja, I had to unbind. Then today the same character needed on purple stats and got both of them without saying what class they were rolling for and later stated, "well my main is rogue".

This isn't a whinge-fest, I really am confused with these rules. I've not stated names as you can see and i want to do the right thing, but I want to do it right by everybody.

I've been given a bad name for sticking to the principles of the above and become angry with people who need instead of greed on stats they didn't even roll for.

If someone can let me know the rules, whether I'm wrong and we should need on all stats without rolling a class, that'd really settle things down. I surely can't be wrong on both counts because they can't both be right. I tried world chat and I think I made it worse. I left the guild that supported the person who needed on all these stats and stones. Glad to admit I'm wrong. I just want to learn. Both situations can't co-exist. Has to be one or the other.

Genuine enquiry, this has really torn me up and made me sad, confused, and guildless as I can't support the guild for supporting the behaviour.

• There are no server-rules, it depends on the party. the best way to prevent disagreements is you ask about the rules before the run starts and if you are not sure at the end you can also ask in the global chat.

as i remeber it was like:

Roll> items you need for main class or you annouced the class you roll for
    greed> stats you need for main class or you annouced the class you roll for

Never underestimate what you do for others.

Things that seem small, even meaningless or pointless to you,

might mean everything to the person you interact with.

• Yeah you've been so good on these forums Nadana. I think the problem is when people generalise eg "items you need for main class" and there's a big discrepancy, eg, the main class you run with, the main class in your head, the main class you want to be. It covers all classes on the game. Maybe I should stick up for myself more, I've lost a lot of stats with different rules. And a lot of friends. I'm quite sad actually. And yet to get a stat without people always needing on them or telling me I'm wrong. Just one stat would be awesome even if it's awful! I just want to be fair, but really I think what you say is broad so yes, talk before you run but as I've learned, that doesn't work. I struggle so much with this and being fair to everyone. This really tears me up. Really does.

• i know what you mean, but if you fix the rules before the run starts, you should be fine at the end. Sometimes it happens someone will wsp you to send stats to someone else, but if you think you are right, you can ingnore him/her or you ask some of your friends to be sure. You can also make a screen from lootrules if you feel better with it.

Never underestimate what you do for others.

Things that seem small, even meaningless or pointless to you,

might mean everything to the person you interact with.

• Main class = Main class you are running with. Not everyone can remember every players standard main class. If someone wants to roll for a different class then there current main class, they have to announce it. If they don't do it, flame them ;-). But beware of class combos like battlemonk (priest/warrior pdd), they can be very confusing.

• Usually, people says their class roll and which item they need before the boss. Like (scout + dagger). After that, for example, if dagger drops with agility, that guy can ROLL for dagger and give stat to person who rolled MOST GREED on group or he can just GREED and if there aren't any person who ROLLing for dagger, GREEDing people can keep the both dagger and stat. BUT if you said "i need dagger" and ROLLed on it instead of GREEDing, u can't keep the stat. In other case, it depends on groups caring about it, but this way is ethic one.

the world chico, and everything in it.

• And if you run more than one run with the same party and you got a stat, you may wait till everyone else who wants to have the same stats as you got a stat before rolling for another stat for fairness reasons. But observe your party behavior and if the others roll on stat after they already got one, roll too. And if someone wants to roll for guildmember/toon without getting the consent from whole group (and don't give him your consent for custom stats or good items, they just want to sell the stat 99% anyways) just flame him and his guild members that are in party in world chat.

Closed the thread.