Posts by Gargoyle

Hi all, I now I'm not endgame or in a guild or anything like that, but I've seen a lot of negative comments in world chat about the new patch, so I want to just chime in and say well done to the Arcadia Paradise team for pushing the boundaries and looking at ways to improve our Runes of Magic experience. My video card doesn't like it but I do. I really notice the graphics a lot more and it seems smoother (I have a really old GTX 570 from around 2010 lol) but hey, I can still run this thing!

So, to all Arcadia developers, I just wanna say thanks for looking at how to improve our game. There's probably quite a lot you learned from the experience, too and that's just such an awesome thing.

I've said my piece. Well done, and players tear me down if you want (scout! scout!) but let's all take a breather first and think that maybe progress isn't a bad thing.

Ok, back to the thrilling world of levelling weapons and doing cenedrils all day.

Hi :)

Just wondering if anything's changed over the last 10 days or so, as I'm having issues connecting to the game. I can get in but my ping starts at around 2,000 and goes up and up. I've not really been able to play for about 10+days without a VPN, and the VPN's I've now bought aren't very secure. My ISP says it's not at their end, and I've gone through a number of troubleshooting steps. This has happened before and resolved itself within a few days, but it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Any suggestions will be good. Thanks for reading.

Edit: or if people use a good, solid VPN then which one(s) do you use?

Just a suggestion that when doing cenedrils daily, the same type is used rather than having all three different types in one day, eg, currently there are steadfast, mystical, dynamic. That's a lot of backpack space. Instead, can it be 3 x of one type? Also, I'm just not if some characters aren't getting the drops like others do. Unsure if this second part is a bug or something (Cendril hearts - rare drops)

As usual, thanks for listening regardless of outcome.

I've levelled up a few alts and getting them to do cenedrils but I'm noticing cenedril hearts are very rare (1 or 2 per instance). My main is fine. I get one heart per mob. My main also gets lots of mats, daggers, shards, etc - the alts don't. I've done the questlines etc.

So I'm not sure why the alts aren't getting similar drops. Any ideas? I don't think it's a bug as my main is ok. I tried two alts again today but it's still the same.

Just thought I'd resurrect this again, see if there's any guilds out there accepting people who are still trying to learn dungeons etc. Equipment's getting good now, still no DN ring, but I'm getting better xD Mailbox me in game (I'm afk levelling stuff so whispers probably fall on deaf ears).

Pressing the "V" button in game provides particular attributes for skills and weapon levelling, much of which is done at the training grounds.

There seem to be three OK ways to level up the defense skill. Discussion below.

1. Savage Lands - those weird ugly things swarm and can level up the defense slowly even if there's 20 on you. At some point if afk, I die. If there's a macro to save me when I sleep that'd be awesome, but dead people don't level weapons. Unless you're a zombie. Not that zombie use weapons. Anyways, moving on.

2. Defense encyclopdia, um, encyloprediu, er, encylopaedago, er, defense book. This is slow, lucky to level up even a little bit, have to stay in house and stare at stuff. Not the best strategy but the only one that's sustainabubble.

3. Mirrorworld. Again, based on a swarm, but not sustainable due to time mostly.

Are there other ways to level up defense skill when away from keyboard and without dying?

Sorry if I have put this issue in the wrong place.

I've had the "Connection lost, please check connection or firewall settings" a great many times in the past and I suspect we all have. This time, however, I can't seem to get past it since patching. Here's what I've done:

- patched, the issue first occurred after a reboot
    - cleaned registry and computer including tmp files,
    - ensured Smartscreen off, also Windows Defender, then Firewall, antivirus and other tools
    - switched off router and computer for 10 mins
    - reset firewall
    - no tmp files in fdb
    - same issue through 2 VPN's
    - turned firewall and antivirus off
    - restored a Windows backup (Arcadia ROM is on a different drive)

Before patching, I've always closed all clients and rebooted (probably the only time I do it lol). I don't have another computer to try access the game on.

I've been very ill recently and my brain hasn't been very good either. I'd appreciate some advice on what I've missed. Very late here need bed, and will try when I get on tomorrow. Thanks for any advice.

Please don't say download it again. I'm in Australia and our MTM internet sucks because of our overpaid sucky politicians!

You're 100% right, that's a super fast quest, but unfortunately unlocked through Morrok. I'll keep an eye as I go through them and if I find super fast ones I'll post them here.

Thanks Khira, you're always on the ball :))

Misskatana, I started knowing absolutely nothing about this game and people around here are super awesome, so if you get stuck either post in world chat or in this forum. I'm sure there will be people to help. I've asked the most stupid of questions and people understand the difficulties in learning, and are so very willing to give help. Hope you find a good home here, and welcome :))

In your opinion, what (and where, how) are the fastest daily quests to get phirius coins from - I don't care about TP and gold, just ease of use to get coins.

Drinks was ok although there were lots of people who could do it really fast and I still don't know how. Quests that do NOT rely on the Morrok quest line will be appreciated. Put Out Flames is a good one, but are there any other super quick super awesome, super coin dailies?!?