Pet egg levelling v growth potion

• This is a noob question on pet egg levelling.
    I've gone and collected hundreds of eggs and want to level a second pet. I think I get the basics of this eg, same element, three per day etc.
    What I notice is when merging, it doesn't increase base stats other than when it levels, eg, if merging a rune pet, sometimes you can get a small stat eg, 0.5 str.
    I'm trying to find guides that explain how to get these small stats with other eggs like the natural eggs. There are lots of sites, and they are on official site. Instead of giving me the guide it gives me a notice that it's moving to Steam, and I can't access the guide.
    Does anybody have a guide on how to do it, or is do no other eggs give those small stats, and just three a day - maybe that's everything!!
    To be honest, right now it seems irrelevant as using the growth potion when on special seems a better idea haha. Is that right? Hope not. Took months to collect these eggs!!

Also, any idea on this thread about eggs over level 70 ?

• Hi, don't use eggs to increase your pet-lvl. Not worth it.

Regarding the stat increase, when fusing: You get extra stats for the pet, when the other pet has a stat value that is higher than your main pet.

If you want to boost your pet to the maximum, you can get holy eggs of different types, raise them with miller or shop potion (be sure to max your aptitude or whatever it is called in english first), maybe make the egg a neutral one and then fuse it with your main pet.

Closed the thread.