Adjusting game to fit in window screen?

• Hi,

I don't know how to word this one, but I think it'd really help me figure out what to do for better graphics.

I play in "window" mode as it's really easy to switch between applications and watch TV, and I don't really like full screen mode. What I find is the graphics, like the pets, are really really big and take up lots of screen estate.

My current window mode setting in Settings -> Video and Audio Settings

is 800x600

I'd like it better but when I increase it it actually shrinks the window, eg, if I change it to 1280 x 800 it makes the game window smaller. If I choose 1600x1024 it's a full size window but the graphics are massive and doesn't fit on screen. If I change it bak to 800x600 the window is a quarter the size of my screen and I have to press maximise button (for windowed game).

Does this make sense to anyone? What I'd like is a windowed game but the graphics smaller.

Sorry for asking.

• did you tried to adjust the UI scaling?

Never underestimate what you do for others.

Things that seem small, even meaningless or pointless to you,

might mean everything to the person you interact with.

• I just tried it and it does make a difference and makes all the icons and things really small, but it's not what I want unfortunately. At full zoom out, the pet is still taking up about 33% of the screen. But I'll mess around with this tomorrow and see if I can get something working, thanks guys!

• could you attach a screen from your interface and graphic settings? maybe we find a solution for you

• Windowed mode doesn't caring about your resolution settings. If you maximize your window, it will get maximum resolution.

the world chico, and everything in it.

• I got a picture on the computer but I don't know how to put it in the post. I get asked for a URL image.

look at this, there you can attach pics, its on the bottom side and no url needed just search for the path where you saved the pic

Edited once, last by Nadaná ().

• Windowed mode doesn't caring about your resolution settings. If you maximize your window, it will get maximum resolution.

Oops sorry didn't see that!

Aw it didn't work I'll do it tomorrow. Error is "The data you have entered are invalid. Please check the information you have given in the marked fields." and it's also too big.

Thanks for the help, will certainly figure it out tomorrow cheers Nadana I really appreciate the help.

• OK I think this will work. It took me ages to get it right!!

I've enclosed two screen shots. The first is warden me with nature crystal and pet. I've cut the top of the screenshot off. I use xbar and it has my currencies on it. The second shot is the auction house which might show how big things are. Half the time I can't see auction histories and move the auction house window around. The Windows system is updated and the video driver is as well.

I don't want to put anyone at any trouble I'm sure you've all got better things to do, and thanks for helping.

• Official Post

I would repeat what was previously mentioned:
    - desktop screen resolution to FullHD (1920x), so you have more workspace
    - bigger monitor so you can see small elements good
    - UI scaling in user interface so you can see more inside of ROM window

Then you should have enough space.
    Here i intended did window with same size like you:

o9fgJGd.png

and here is how i set UI scaling

KeDFwmz.png

• I don't know if this will help but I do have a possible suggestion.

Full-screen mode at max resolution is good because you get more space on screen, but it's a pain because it makes the game minimize when you try to tab into another application. My solution to this was BoarderlessGaming. It's a 3rd party program that hooks your active window, in this case the game, and after pressing the hotkey you set, it forces the game into a fullscreen windowed mode with no boarders. This gives you the luxury of having the "full-screen" experience but still be able to freely tab between windows without the game minimizing.

Maybe give it a shot?

• I have an older screen so that's probably not helping. I think I got it configured best I can now with all these tips and reducing the size of the pet will certainly help next patch. Thanks for helping a computer noob with these things. I'm not as smart as your average bear.

Closed the thread.