Posts by melodic

Most basic example to explain reason would be; healer balance is not something like "healing is still possible/easy even if we reduce heal amount by X%" because it is not for 90% of healers in our player base.

We can't "balance" certain class groups easily if it is causing us to lose majority of affected players in the end. Class balance for any class can't be objective for every player for this reason as it is considering majority of player pool in end game content instead of a certain group.

But 90% of healers do not all run instance X, X being just for example dark core, dont they?

You did already gate endcontent by introducing gear score requirements, so you can expect mininum values for players that enter there - reducing healing by X in that specific instance shouldnt be an issue for the rest of healers then.;)

I did not mean reducing general heal amount by X, if that is what you understood

VERY basic example, not properly scaled:

Dark core: reduce healing by 20%

rofl: reduce healing by 15%

inferno: reduce healing by 10%

..etc

assuming you make balancing decisions based on what works for 90% of affected players: chose decrements for each zone based on gear/values that 90% of players have who regularly run these instances. tracking wisdom values of players entering a zone isnt too hard, or is it?

And which majority of players would you lose by implementing diminishing returns for heal scaling, when too much healing done in endcontent is the issue?

If this isnt the issue, this discussion is obsolete and I have my answer: healing does not get progressively harder because healer players are not skilled enough. end of story. &)

Cheers! :thumbup:

EDIT: although I personally never entered dark core, form what I heard healing in rofl should be reduced even more than in dark core... :saint:

Nerfing heal formula more will result in unable to heal for example inferno with only tikal gear (like it is supposed to). That were my and melodics test results long time ago

This problem is pretty easily avoided by chosing a non-linear design in wisdom/healing bonus scaling, if this isnt the case already... (idk, I have not been uptodate for a while)

If devs are not able to come up with a curve including diminishing returns fitting different geared players according to the instances they run, ...well....healing balancing is doomed until someone skilled in maths comes along.8o

Another (additional) option would be to introduce certain decrements for healing in each instanced zone.

Like this devs also have the option to either design higher instances even harder to heal by giving them higher decrements or equalize them all by giving lower instances a higher decrement.

(again, disregard this if it already is the case, lol)

Concering buffs and mindsettings: maybe players should generally reevaluate if they could also run instances without all those buffs, not having the need of priest AND druid buffs in all partys/raids:thumbup:

However as long as those buffs are not primary skills again, d/p and p/d will always be the by far most played classes. Especially when their elite skills stay as viable as they are.

Healing, unlike damage, doesn't get progressively harder to deal within content.

Well, yeah...why not? is it because healer players are not as skilled as dps players hence wouldnt be able to heal endcontent anymore if it were progressively harder? :rolleyes:

Or is it because people responsible for balancing damage taken/healing done have no idea how to do it?

Cheers! ;)

some more thoughts on generally balancing pvp arenas:

- remove pets, titles, title system and card system boni in arenas, all those are p2w advantages to a certain degree

- remove all buffs given by players (including selfbuffs) on arena entry, so that every player can benefit only from buffs of classes they bring with them into the arenas by rebuffing inside with pvp gear

- remove use of non-cd(!) bufffood in arenas, spamming new bufffood after dying also is a p2w aspect

keeping as many buffs / stat changes that influence dealt/taken dmg and healing out of pvp (arenas) obviously will make balancing way more simple, as long as you dont have to change identities of classes for that.

for balancing siege wars / open world pvp this might not all apply, as these are more complex situations with potentially more players involved and a somewhat viable use of alts.

Please allow pvp weapons to have their skins changed just as any other weapon. :saint:

edit:

why are npcs selling +6 and +12 plussing stones, if the gear already is +16?

not all pvp gear is +16, I am however wondering if the "old" pvp gear for honor points is still supposed to be useable in arenas, if so, then some way to get stats on them would be great, as tiering them clean seems possible.

Shield of Solid Mind: Shields a Party member (scales with healing bonus, only really effective in heal gear)
    [...]

Saces Embrace: Basicly a Shield of Solid mind but as an AOE

try to protect your DPS players with it. (scales with healing bonus, only really effective in heal gear)

Not true.

Still only scales with mdmg and not with bonus healing from healers gear. This is an inaccurate skill description, reported ages ago, but you know how it is... :rolleyes:

Also you did not mention the lv95 and lv98 ISS, which are too useful to ignore.

Cheers from the void.:thumbup:

I believe you forgot to mention the str/wis equivalents to Featured Cuisine Delicacy, depending on which gear players use. Same with the house maids potions.

Also this class has the ability to be a decent single-target healer. 8o

Cheers from the void. :thumbup:

P.S.: Thanks for the roll!! :D

grox

It has now been more than 53 hours since you replied to me with "I guess no, but will ask." on a question about an issue that might not be working as intended. This is a pretty long time for a simple yes-or-no question, that technicly would only take 5 minutes to get an answer to from Rake.

Of course, this is a valid way to meet the expectation for Zhargos not being killed within "2 or 3 days", but it also leads to players losing interest in killing him at all... :rolleyes:

Cheers!:thumbup:

Hey everyone!

This quick guide might come a little late for this event, but I guess it might also help more players in the coming years:

During the Masked Festival event you can obtion three different quite useful potions, which all stack with other itemshop transfo potions:

+50% quest xp/tp

+50% droprate

+50% tp from monsters

+50% crafting speed

+50% crafting xp

+50% collecting speed

+75% aggro

+3% dmg vs monsters (mdmg AND pdmg afaik)

-10% dmg from monsters

each potion lasts for 12 hours and there are different variants for male/female characters, which however have the same effects, so dont be confused by their names.

I guess I dont have to explain why those potions are very useful for crafting/questing/farming/grinding or running instances.

As some untrustworthy players have already shared this multiple times with others, I figured I'd share my macro for easily completing the quest here for everyone's benefit:

How to use:

Go to the NPC Rain Nahills at Varanas square, make a transport point directly in front of them and accept their quest "Invitation Courier". Travel to all 5 NPC (2 in howling mountains, 2 in silverspring, 1 in varanas west) and make directly north (this is important for camera orientation) of each one of them another transport point.

You might just complete the quest while doing so, then return to the quest giver.

Add your transport points from the transport book to your action bar, where the quest giver must be in slot 1 and the 5 NPCs in slot 2-6 in no specific order.

In Actionbar slot 7 you can add the reset scroll for the event and in slot 8 you might add the package you recieve as a quest reward.

If you dont want to automaticly use reset scrolls/open the package make sure to leave slots 7 and 8 empty.

The macro will complete/reset the quest two times until you have to restart it.

The wait-timings are chosen rather conservative atm, you can adjust them depending on your performance and duration of loading screens to speed up the process.

For VIP members using the transport book is for free, for other players you will spend 6 transport runes for each quest in addition to the cost of event reset scrolls, but I believe the potions are worth it anyway.

I doubt that using this would be too much automation, as the addon DailyNotes does almost the same and widely used combat engines provide way more.

If you have troubles using the macro, make sure your transport points are correct and the wait timings work for you. I cant guarantee to help you troubleshooting as I dont spend much time ingame/in the forums anymore.

Have fun porting :P

Win10 provides compatibility down to Win95, so I would dare to say that Win11 will support "old" software in a similar way, otherwise they should have some problems selling their new OS. ;)

Several guilds had to figure that out years ago and if players nowadays are able to find all penguins/wabbits in the correct order during christmas/easter events, finding those runestones should be a piece of cake. There is a total of six if I am not totally mistaken and once you have found all of them in Atlantis, it should be pretty obvious which order they are in.

I doubt that you will be able to actually kill Aldo if you cannot even summon him. ;)

No idea if this serves your purpose, but I feel like sharing:

The index given by GetSuitSkill_List resembles the total order in which you have learned the skill on your charcter, thus being different for almost everyone.

DragSuitSkill_job(index) uses this to place a certain skill on your cursor to for example then place it on the skill plate by SkillPlateReceiveDrag(0,i) with indices from (currently) 0-7, which naturally only works while out of combat.

SkillPlateUpdate(i) returns the equipped setskills name, icon path, total cooldown, current cooldown with indices as above.

As for using setskills I wouldnt know why you should need any additional functions to CastSpellByName or (if you want to) UseAction as they already provide enough options.

...a short note out of the background, as I cannot resist:

If you would have had this insight to make these changes about 12 months ago, I believe some currently inactive players would still be playing...

Also:

"Changed Warp Charge to increase magical damage by 20.6% additionally."

This means buffing heals overall even further - not a good decision in this case. :saint:

Cheers!;)

Implemented magical and healer 1-H Hammer combination to Sealed Magic Weapon item in Realm of Forgotten Legends.

...and with that you made 1h healer wands obsolete literally overnight, except for maybe wl/d.

If you implement new stuff, you should also check and test how it is balanced compared to existing items, because the new 1h healer hammer is effectively stronger in all regards than a 1h wand...

I doubt that this was actually intended, so please fix - and while you do that, please be careful not to nerv the 1h hammer too much so that it becomes weaker than other options. :rolleyes:

Cheers!:wacko:

But you expressed your thoughts intending to make changes until other changes are made, not in case they are not made. Thats the difference and that is what I think is the wrong approach, which again is why I expressed these thoughts.

Just yesterday I tanked two runs as wd/k, which works almost flawless. wd/k has lots of potential for (solo-)survivability which just is not needed in rofl, as heals are mainly unchallenged. This is not the place to discuss in detail why which tank combo is played where and when, but overall tank combos already have their different strenghts and weaknesses and it is only natural, that certain combos perform best in certain instances/situations. If this where not the case, that would mean that tank combos are too similar to each other. That would be a shame.

At the moment no tank combo I have tested or seen being tested is not able to tank all content, however there surely still has some balancing to be done. Here for me it is the same as with healers: first things first. Endcontent in its current state isnt too well suited to properly evaluate tank performances anyway.

The main reason though why the majority of players plays the same classes in the end is quite simple: lazyness. Most (not all!!) players are too lazy to test everything for themselves and/or invent their own playstyle so they just look at what other players do and what seems to be working for them, assume its the best and copy it. We have observed this behaviour a couple of times during the last months.

I know quite a few players who would love to play a Wd tank if given the option - and especially with the change of Wd/Ch to be allowed to wear plate armour, the aggro transfer issue wouldn't even come up later down the line.

How can you say this if you also say you would want to see the aggro-transfer being a thing later on? Once again you seem to contradict yourself. I already adressed this exact point earlier: seeing it come to this, would be another example of what is a shame.

If further changes were made to this class now, the need to take another look at its original concept would disappear, which I would not want to happen. :/

As this discussion starts to seem being pointless for me, I am done with this topic. I believe I have made my concerns clear enough, so lets see what our devs will make of it.:)