Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• Warlock ISS Soul Crusher (497805). Could you please change that selfbuffs, pots, etc. count as "offensive spells" and therefore trigger Soul Crusher? It's really annoying if you want to buff while the tank still doesnt have all the aggro (last boss dc e.g.) and then die cause you have aggro.

Greetings

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• The double attack from the white attack alone does not give as much as it might seem. The weapon is slow in relation to the dagger, despite the higher damage it still cannot handle it. In r / wl there is literally a gap between these weapons.

• I think the katana is stronger on specific classes, bcs right now, the DC version has a little more dps than the dagger.

For r/WL it cannot be better, because you have no offhand:)

On r/s and r/wrd it should be way more powerfull, if you are able to use the extra skill correctly.

Thats my math now. Nevertheless I can only give practice results, if I have a DC katana :)

• Hey, I hope this is the right place for it:

Is it possible to change the buff value of the priest/druid buffs back to fixed values. The whole "who's buff is better ahh XXX one's better so we take him with us" or you're not allowed to buff 'cause XXX has a higher buff is more than exhausting.

- Concentration Prayer (ID:493530)
    - Grace of Life (ID: 490290)

- Amplified Attack (ID: 490491)

I don't know if it was discussed before... but it is becoming a big problem for many not "high-end" geared people.

Furthermore it's bad in my opinion that all neccesary buffs of priest and druide are general skills...

The focus of the class balancing should be to make all classes kind of equal and not give up on their favorite class. Regarding the heal rework:

Currently you get forced to play druid/priest in almost every raid. That isn't balanced in my opinion.

I would wish for more diversity in the class selection and i think that can be fixed by making the priest buffs or at least Amplified Attack (ID: 490491) and Concentration Prayer (ID:493530) Primary only

Thank you <3

• Hey,

About the buffs.

It was most likely made so that Healer have a reason to make new gear/ improve Their gear. Because just improving it for more healing alone is Kind of pointless as it is allready super high . Eg i have super old heal gear , from the Time where stam stam was Used 50/50. And i have no Problem to heal most endcontent solo, i just Dont buff so high :D

Greetings

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

• Thank you Cruvor.

I think in this case they need to rework the heal formula... so that improving your gear is neccesary to do enough healing. But some fellow players and me experience this

• Seems like every dps problem or tank problem? If ppl don't want specific players like healer or dps bcs they are to bad, then it is a problem of the behavior of such ppl in my mind.

Nerfing heal formula more will result in unable to heal for example inferno with only tikal gear (like it is supposed to). That were my and melodics test results long time ago

• Furthermore it's bad in my opinion that all neccesary buffs of priest and druide are general skills...

That change was made, at least I believe it was, so that players aren't forced to play p/d or d/p (especially in 6 person instances). E.g. if the Tank plays Knihgt/Druid (which can btw buff a pretty high prayer buff xD), the priest can play whatever sec class he or she wants. If other players don't want to do that cause "No! I only can play Knight/Mage and I won't buff cause I'm the tank!" or say "I'M DPS it's not my job" then I think its a problem of their mindsetting.

Greetings

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• Furthermore it's bad in my opinion that all neccesary buffs of priest and druide are general skills...

That change was made, at least I believe it was, so that players aren't forced to play p/d or d/p (especially in 6 person instances). E.g. if the Tank plays Knihgt/Druid (which can btw buff a pretty high prayer buff xD), the priest can play whatever sec class he or she wants. If other players don't want to do that cause "No! I only can play Knight/Mage and I won't buff cause I'm the tank!" or say "I'M DPS it's not my job" then I think its a problem of their mindsetting.

Greetings

If i want to play priest/champ my mates said "who give concentration prayer ? Go Dr/P". If i want to play P/D my mates said "who give clean ? Go Dr/P". If i want to play Dr/S or mb try Dr/Ch my mates said "who give attack? Go Dr/P". If i the one healer in party it doesnt matter, you go Dr/P, because you have all buffs, but not strong heal. This happens many times again and again. I think if devs do zero heal on Dr/P my mates take it as support. Nerf regens Dr/P again pls.

• That change was made, at least I believe it was, so that players aren't forced to play p/d or d/p (especially in 6 person instances). E.g. if the Tank plays Knihgt/Druid (which can btw buff a pretty high prayer buff xD), the priest can play whatever sec class he or she wants. If other players don't want to do that cause "No! I only can play Knight/Mage and I won't buff cause I'm the tank!" or say "I'M DPS it's not my job" then I think its a problem of their mindsetting.

Greetings

If i want to play priest/champ my mates said "who give concentration prayer ? Go Dr/P". If i want to play P/D my mates said "who give clean ? Go Dr/P". If i want to play Dr/S or mb try Dr/Ch my mates said "who give attack? Go Dr/P". If i the one healer in party it doesnt matter, you go Dr/P, because you have all buffs, but not strong heal. This happens many times again and again. I think if devs do zero heal on Dr/P my mates take it as support. Nerf regens Dr/P again pls.

Tell your mates "go x/d or x/p" :P and choose your class. If you want to play dr/S, do it. If your mates want an attack buff, they need to go x/p or play without

• If i want to play priest/champ my mates said "who give concentration prayer ? Go Dr/P". If i want to play P/D my mates said "who give clean ? Go Dr/P". If i want to play Dr/S or mb try Dr/Ch my mates said "who give attack? Go Dr/P". If i the one healer in party it doesnt matter, you go Dr/P, because you have all buffs, but not strong heal. This happens many times again and again. I think if devs do zero heal on Dr/P my mates take it as support. Nerf regens Dr/P again pls.

Tell your mates "go x/d or x/p" :P and choose your class. If you want to play dr/S, do it. If your mates want an attack buff, they need to go x/p or play without

Thats not exactly what i meant. This class combination have a lot of advantages (prayer, attack, clean etc). I think its too much for one combination.

• Official Post

Thank you for your feedback.

The buffs have been designed, as suspected, to give healers a good reason to stack more wisdom and grade their gears higher to feel the impact.

We're at an impass in this game where nerfing heal classes would cut off the less-skilled players from the game entirely, as damage taken is unevenly applied within different instances. Healing, unlike damage, doesn't get progressively harder to deal within content.

We're monitoring class diversity within healers pretty heavily, which is why we regularly apply small changes to the classes to push more into the realm of viability.

If you have suggestions for healer classes to push them into realm of the viable, please let us know. We love to hear them. :)

Hooroo,
    Brontes

• Nerfing heal formula more will result in unable to heal for example inferno with only tikal gear (like it is supposed to). That were my and melodics test results long time ago

This problem is pretty easily avoided by chosing a non-linear design in wisdom/healing bonus scaling, if this isnt the case already... (idk, I have not been uptodate for a while)

If devs are not able to come up with a curve including diminishing returns fitting different geared players according to the instances they run, ...well....healing balancing is doomed until someone skilled in maths comes along.8o

Another (additional) option would be to introduce certain decrements for healing in each instanced zone.

Like this devs also have the option to either design higher instances even harder to heal by giving them higher decrements or equalize them all by giving lower instances a higher decrement.

(again, disregard this if it already is the case, lol)

Concering buffs and mindsettings: maybe players should generally reevaluate if they could also run instances without all those buffs, not having the need of priest AND druid buffs in all partys/raids:thumbup:

However as long as those buffs are not primary skills again, d/p and p/d will always be the by far most played classes. Especially when their elite skills stay as viable as they are.

Healing, unlike damage, doesn't get progressively harder to deal within content.

Well, yeah...why not? is it because healer players are not as skilled as dps players hence wouldnt be able to heal endcontent anymore if it were progressively harder? :rolleyes:

Or is it because people responsible for balancing damage taken/healing done have no idea how to do it?

Cheers! ;)

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• Official Post

Well, yeah...why not? is it because healer players are not as skilled as dps players hence wouldnt be able to heal endcontent anymore if it were progressively harder? :rolleyes:

Or is it because people responsible for balancing damage taken/healing done have no idea how to do it?

Most basic example to explain reason would be; healer balance is not something like "healing is still possible/easy even if we reduce heal amount by X%" because it is not for 90% of healers in our player base.

We can't "balance" certain class groups easily if it is causing us to lose majority of affected players in the end. Class balance for any class can't be objective for every player for this reason as it is considering majority of player pool in end game content instead of a certain group.

Greetings

• Regarding Scout/rouge and warden/rouge

Warden/rouge is totally to strong or scout/rogue is too weak. In AOE and Single target no chance even with better gear as scout. Warden/rogue did overall 20% more dmg o.o

• Most basic example to explain reason would be; healer balance is not something like "healing is still possible/easy even if we reduce heal amount by X%" because it is not for 90% of healers in our player base.

We can't "balance" certain class groups easily if it is causing us to lose majority of affected players in the end. Class balance for any class can't be objective for every player for this reason as it is considering majority of player pool in end game content instead of a certain group.

But 90% of healers do not all run instance X, X being just for example dark core, dont they?

You did already gate endcontent by introducing gear score requirements, so you can expect mininum values for players that enter there - reducing healing by X in that specific instance shouldnt be an issue for the rest of healers then.;)

I did not mean reducing general heal amount by X, if that is what you understood

VERY basic example, not properly scaled:

Dark core: reduce healing by 20%

rofl: reduce healing by 15%

inferno: reduce healing by 10%

..etc

assuming you make balancing decisions based on what works for 90% of affected players: chose decrements for each zone based on gear/values that 90% of players have who regularly run these instances. tracking wisdom values of players entering a zone isnt too hard, or is it?

And which majority of players would you lose by implementing diminishing returns for heal scaling, when too much healing done in endcontent is the issue?

If this isnt the issue, this discussion is obsolete and I have my answer: healing does not get progressively harder because healer players are not skilled enough. end of story. &)

Cheers! :thumbup:

EDIT: although I personally never entered dark core, form what I heard healing in rofl should be reduced even more than in dark core... :saint:

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

Edited 2 times, last by melodic ().

• Es ist wunderschön das Ihr euch entwickelt. Klassenkombinationen und Rassenkombinationen zulasst und mit Skills aufsetzt. Allerdings sollte man auch mal darüber nachdenken das Klassenkombinationen wie Kundschafter/Champion auch spielbar sind. Diese Kombination soll eine Feuerwaffe ab LVL 15 (Meister der Feuerwaffe ID 1490439) tragen. Ausnahmslos. Was grundlegend nicht schlimm ist.

Fehlerhaft ist allerdings das es in diesem Levelsegment 15-103 keine Schusswaffen oder Kugeln gibt.

Da alle Skills die man erwirbt Feuerwaffen und Kugeln vorraussetzen ist diese Kombination nicht sinnvoll spielbar. Auch ist es nicht sinnvoll 10 Kugeln (Vergessene Munition ID 219625) bei einem NPC in Talagan für 2500 Gold anzubieten. Auch das erfarmen der Kugeln in Halle der Überlebenden (Vergessene Munition ID 219625) ist zwar toll aber nicht jeder kann sich das sinnvoll farmen.

Nachdem ihr nun in den letzten Patches Katanas eingebaut habt in bestehende Klassenkombinationen die es nicht nowendig haben, solltes es doch wohl möglich sein das ihr euch um grundlegende Funktionsweisen der Klassenkombinationen kümmert. Einen NPC bei den Zwergen zu erstellen der wie beim Barden eine Waffe an bietet und aufwertet und Grundmunition anbietet zum Beispiel: Steinkugel (LVL 15) MetallKugel (LvL 50) MagischeKugel (Lvl 70). Somit ist die Klassenkombination spielbar.

Danke

• Warden

• Changed Two-Hand Weapon Mastery to increase Katana damage equally.

Since you write that the skill of this class (attached above) is also supposed to apply to the katana, why can't I reach this weapon while playing this class ?

• Do something with 2h healer staff. Its dead weapon. I compared staff and 1-h healer stick (105 lvl weapons). Its same weapon (if not see on magical damage). Magical damage have weak influence on heal, but he not increase power buffs (1h stick + talisman(or shield) better). I think need give more heal points on staff or give % wisdom buff.