Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• Official Post

Greetings,

Your feedback for Patch 10.2.1.1000 - Masked Festival, Class Balance may be posted within this thread.

Please provide us with your thoughts and opinions while keeping all respective rules in mind when you click the reply button. "+1", "-1", "yes", "no", bump posts, and anything similar are not acceptable posts. Do not leave posts that state your agreement/disagreement without providing an explanation, or critique.

It is suggested that you do not make any irrational decisions pertaining to your own equipment items as a result of this balance, as we don't offer an option to replace your equipment.

Keep in mind that this is the beta stage of class balancing and testing on the live server.

You can expect changes based on our observations and feedback provided from the community over the next month.

Feedback should be constructive and provide detailed information, thoughts, and ideas.

Would you like to participate and give your opinion but it's not your thing to do so in the forum thread? Click to use the Survey and send us your feedback!

• a lot of changes. I only hope that you will help updating addons. for example zBag with additional bags will probably do not work (we will check it later).

healers are worse; dps, tank are better. in worse case scenario healer will be not necessary at all for instances. we will see.

• a lot of changes. I only hope that you will help updating addons. for example zBag with additional bags will probably do not work (we will check it later).

healers are worse; dps, tank are better. in worse case scenario healer will be not necessary at all for instances. we will see.

I personally disagree with healers being worse, heals were always so ridiculously overpowered to the point that it got boring for me...

At least now healing might be fun and challenging, so while heals are lower, I feel like the healer classes are better and will be more fun to play.

I do have some other suggestions on some changes (not necessarily healer related) and will post those after testing them in-game first

Life is an enigma, and all we can do is our best to figure out what it means.

• healers are worse; dps, tank are better. in worse case scenario healer will be not necessary at all for instances. we will see.

I partly agree.

Tanking will be very boring form now on as knight. They already were able to generate enough aggro, even against champ-dps. Now that the aggro-competition with champs is gone AND hs being buffed into eternity, I believe all you need to do is spam hs, nothing else.

I believe healing skills were all reduced to comply with the changed healing formula, so lets see how the output is in the end. However with all those (party)healing capabilities various other classes now have, I also seriously doubt that main-heals like druids and priests are as necessary as before in current content.

But after all we need to see what happens under real conditions ingame when the servers are up, from what I see on paper, required raid-size and running-time of instances and thus game difficulty seems to be cut in half with all those buffs...X/

Cheers!:thumbup:

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• Official Post

We are aware of following issues which will be fixed as soon as possible.

- Champion/Warlock 70 elite has 10% MP Cost.

- Mage/Rogue skill Shadow Protection is increasing received area damage.

- Mage/Scout passive Strength of Ashes isn't working as intended.

- Warlock/Mage skill effect Soul Seal is disappearing when you take damage.

We are expecting from our community to report us issues and give us feedback for balance of classes about being too powerful or too weak objectively.

Greetings

• Great patch so far, definatly a game changer in terms of damage for DPS.

- Addon that need to be fixed ASAP is the Arcadia Utilities since currently the 6 new pages are not taken in consideration by Fusion XD

• Warden/Druid changes seem interesting, really interesting. Didnt try much but those skills doing magical dmg like charged chop hit literally nothing compared to white hit dmg, its like 1kk dmg vs 9kk. Will need to try more but it seems like those skills dont do enough dmg.

Also a note, that class had a taunt and now is gone, any possibility to add it somewhere? it was a nice magical tank and with increased aggro to charged chop with tank pet, even more.

Did some tikal testing, is really depressing how low those skills hit, any support do more :(

• it seems that the new heal formula does not include wisdom in the correct way. According to my observations the healing of skills depends 95-99% on healing bonus of items. wisdom is more ignored than before, even for hots (healing over time)

Also it seems that magical damage does not have any effect on healing skills

• Is there a reason that Kiss of the Vampire has an exhaustion debuff? I could understand it having it before the patch because of the effect Night Refuge had as well as cooldown reducing effect of Pride of the Baron, but now it seems a bit redundant with its 60 second cooldown being longer than the exhaustion and no skills causing it to be available faster than its exhaustion. In my personal opinion, I would put the effect that was previously on Night Refuge, and apply it to Fang Ritual or Shadow Protection. It would probably be too much to have a separate buff for what was previously the effect of Pride of the Baron as you saw the need to change the skill completely with the patch anyways.

• This upgrade is really good but i'm not sure about the calculation here for HP. From what I understand I should get 26.1k + 5% of my total HP every 5 seconds but I get around 13k-14k instead? Again not complaining here just want to make sure the healing is calculated correctly because right now it seems like the tooltip and the reality are not in sync.

• Since the new patch, I can't automatically sort my backpack anymore (via the 3-dot button).

I get the red error message: "You can't use this"

And yes, I'm trying to use it in bags that I own :)

Life is an enigma, and all we can do is our best to figure out what it means.

• I think that in general terms are good changes but considering that the new weapons came out 1 month ago and the changes are so big could be good and fair for people who spend a lot in one weapon offer the possibility of change a rolf weapon for another with the same tier

• Official Post

Hello,

i think the new spell "Shock Overload" is buggy, because every hit with hammer costs 15 rage and dont increase it like the skill says.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…h/20200619_1592558726.png

[15:06:38] You cast Shock Strike on yourself, restoring 15 Rage points.

Can you explain your issue more detailed?

This upgrade is really good but i'm not sure about the calculation here for HP. From what I understand I should get 26.1k + 5% of my total HP every 5 seconds but I get around 13k-14k instead? Again not complaining here just want to make sure the healing is calculated correctly because right now it seems like the tooltip and the reality are not in sync.

This restoration using general heal formula like all other healing over time effect, so heal amount will be depending on your heal power and wisdom.

Is there a reason that Kiss of the Vampire has an exhaustion debuff? I could understand it having it before the patch because of the effect Night Refuge had as well as cooldown reducing effect of Pride of the Baron, but now it seems a bit redundant with its 60 second cooldown being longer than the exhaustion and no skills causing it to be available faster than its exhaustion. In my personal opinion, I would put the effect that was previously on Night Refuge, and apply it to Fang Ritual or Shadow Protection. It would probably be too much to have a separate buff for what was previously the effect of Pride of the Baron as you saw the need to change the skill completely with the patch anyways.

It is due to way of intelligence based bleeds working, we can't remove exhaustion at least for now.

it seems that the new heal formula does not include wisdom in the correct way. According to my observations the healing of skills depends 95-99% on healing bonus of items. wisdom is more ignored than before, even for hots (healing over time)

Also it seems that magical damage does not have any effect on healing skills

Indeed there is something wrong with wisdom calculation, we will be looking for it.

• The Blood arrow from Knight/Scout doesnt seem to work correctly

It says that it would increase the light damage by 20% aswell, but neither does the description say it, nor does the damage of Holy Strike goes up (Phyiscal Light Damage Spell)

• I guess he means, that in logs are "+ 15 rage points" but in real the rage will be drained by 15 points per auto attack instead of increasing it. (I tested it)

• Scout/Druid is too strong atm. The calculation of the skill "Focus" is wrong. Without any range weapon, you get ~226kk physical attack.

With ranged weapon and upper + lower set you get fix 1.000.001 physical attack.

It is in any way buggy with ranged weapon + upper and lower set damage stats.

Very important is to fix the wrong calculation

Edited^^

• First of all, please fix RoFl asap, I dont know who messed up here and how those 60% hits could come back into the game, but they make RoFL finally completely undesireable to run. Though if this is intended this time, please say so, so that I dont have to look forward to any fixes!

The issues concerning heals have already been adressed I guess, however I also am wondering how such an obvious mistake could make it into the "final" patch, don't you test your code at all nowadays?! :/

Now to what I experienced as tank:

Authoritative Deterrence - I dont see why this skill was changed, because it was strong enough as it is and the new effect makes it even stronger overall, resulting in more raid-dmg during bursts.

Holy Protection - I believe the most ineffective change made in this patch (maybe second to Wisdom and Bravery), since it still has no effect on dps-classes, who already are permanently at -90% and for tanks there also is not much effective difference between 452% and 462% aggro...

Knight/Rogue overall: I like the changes made to this class very much to revive it, however I think that alltogether there is too much dmg-reduction + passive heal. Knights already take too low dmg in RoFL, this combo makes heals during bossfights even more obsolete.

And again for Holy Strike in more detail: I see absolutely no reason why this change was made. As I said Knights already could get enough aggro, now this skill is stronger then any other skill for Knight and all you need to do is spam this one skill. You dont even need bufffood or other buffs to get enough aggro to have more than anyone else in any situation, now that champs are "gone".

Up to now Knight were a fun class to play, because of the competition with champions in aggro and that you have to take care what skill to use when, now its just braindead spamming Holy Strike. PLEASE change this back to how it was, it was more than fine.X/

Overall I like the approach you have and the way skills were changed in their functionality very much, however I hoped champs to have their dmg nerved to the level of other already popular classes and unpopular classes boostet to even those, but you overdid it by far.

Now almost every changed class is stronger than it was before.

With all those additional raidbuffs players overall got such an increase in dmg-output, that instances became even easier than before, regarding dealing dmg.

So maybe at least now you might reconsider balancing lp and def-values for bosses in endcontent, unless you nerv a lot of the buffs you just made to classes with the recent patch, not even regarding broken classes like S/D and M/R...

Considering Mage/Rogue, maybe some players who made first-hand experiences could share constructive feedback here, instead of just complaining about it in global chat.

Cheers!:pinch:

Edit: Did btw anyone think about what impact many of those new skills will have on PvP...? Some classes will be quite broken in there even with their dmg being fiexed.

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

Edited once, last by melodic ().

• Hi all,

1st just a general comment to the devs team - I was surprised how deep the changes were, some classes now really different from how they used to be, which I suppose could be good or bad, depending on your prospective.

2nd it feels like magical dps are now doing exceptionally high dps at least at instances like gorge and below; since rofl mobs were bugged today we could not test it but I feel magic dps will still be very strong and much stronger compared to physical (needs to be confirmed), in particular a couple magic classes seem to do very well, I guess will comment more after testing in few rofl runs once its fixed.

3rd some cuts I personally feel were way over the top, I suspected you will be after champs and w/m, but I think you went over the top for both, ch/r for example went from 50% pa to now 10% pa and 8% pdam with a possibility of adding pa buff from a priest or a dr/w, this is very significant nerf coupled with nerf on pd (cant use sf) coupled with nerf on aoe, all that on a class that was not top dps on bosses (if you exclude trash) in a first place, this is hard for me to take at the moment. I like the idea of forcing champ dps not to use SF and thus be less tankier, I even suggested something similar myself before, but then decrease in pa to that extent don't think was needed. Perhaps with more testing the number may increase from current 10% pa to 20-25%. Please note the 50% less healing is still on on ch/r yet other classes for example ch/w got it removed not sure if this is intentional or not.

4th champ specific and was commented above as well - Shock Overload - I really like the idea of adding this, but when triggers with white hit instead of returning 15 rage it takes it away which makes sustained very hard - please fix it

Overall, I am honestly just overwhelmed at the moment and lost with so many changes, will take a lot of testing for me and trying to see what works now and what does not (which is a good thing I suppose), I just hope champ will still be viable but just different end game and will be solid contributor to raid. There are also good number of champs combos to test + warriors too, so will be busy.

Will post more details once more testing is performed.

Kind regards,

Rakot