Posts by melodic

I use that skill on every pull of mobs on rofl and its so usefull, but is not enougth if the figth last more than 10 seconds, and as r/w even less

My guild is more than ready to run Rofl or atleast It was but I just feel that with the incomings nerfs It will be imposible again to complete (Not talking about they are buffing dungeons like Tikal, and Rofl first boss and things like that, this is not like it was before). And I said noobs to ourselves in a kindly way, we are always calling us "mancos" = that means noob, on a friendy way, I apologize if I´v offended someone.

You disagree with yourself here.

If your raid needs more than 10 seconds to burn a pull of mobs, you either are NOT ready to run rofl or you pull too many mobs at once. Maybe even a combination of both. Both are issues that you have to adress yourself as a guild and not ask for changes to the game because of that.

I wasnt reffering to your use of "noob" as any offense at that point, I just used it to explain what kind of players are supposed to run endcontent and who not. Unexperienced players should not be allowed to run endcontent defined by its difficulty. And as you call yourself a transition guild and not an endcontent guild, expecting to run the highest instance in the game is just ridiculous, what do you think should come after being a "transition guild" then?!

Another major issue is that rofl was even more of a joke itself in the beginning than it is now. There have been some gradual changes to make the instance harder little by little, to be at least remotely harder than gorge still is and to be able to be called somewhat "endcontent".

This sadly has the result, that some players/guilds were able to run rofl in the beginning and now are struggeling or taking more time running it, also considering the natural increase of gear over the time.

Making things easier and nerfing content has less of a negative impact on the majority of players than making things harder, so ideally endcontent should be harder from the start instead of being too easy, just because of what I just mentioned.

When ppl started running this dungeon the average time of this dungeon was like 2-4 hours and now if two golden dps come the time becomes: 40mins, so it was not a joke.

This is so not true. I just checked some screenshots.

One week after release when we figured out completely how to play rofl we killed the endboss after 79 minutes. A few days later we had a discussion in guildchat on scheduling when to usually start running in the evening, there we estimated 90min per run, including possible breaks and fails at b1 and b3. And this was even before we figured out how to craft weapons or even had found out about Hekhig. So again, all we had was average gorge gear.

Nowadays, while running with 2-3 dps we rarely are much faster than 60 minutes while not being in a hurry. The difference is, that classes originally and overall got heavily boosted in class-balancing (check early patchnotes for that!) and we do not have 6-7 dps in a raid anymore, but ultimate gear instead AND rofl getting slightly harder.

Even after planned changes, raids still are able to deal way more dmg than after rofl release and before the class balancing started, due to the massive boosts that originally came with it.

Cheers!:thumbup:

so if rogue/warrior feels too strong to you, that means people in your guild are trying to destroy damage of each other rather than trying to make run faster, like how it is happening in my guild, like everyone buffing up at same place in mobs so 75% of your buff durations are being wasted etc. it is like going inferno b4 and bursting from 90% to 64% with all dpses instead of using just one in 2017.

This is so true, but sadly nowadays most dps mostly seem to care about getting the longest bar displayed in the scrutinizer and not actually focusing about what would speed up the run the most. I guess this is a point of view you only get by not really playing dps at all, watching them from the "outside".

A dialogue like: "I burn this pull" - "Ok, do it! Then I burn the next one." is hardly heard nowadays, instead what I hear is: "...why do I even use buffs....X/" after 3 dps burned one group of trashmobs and one of them doing >80% of the dmg because he/she was the fastest.

What we need is a unite environment to test stuff. On other games I saw dummy parses where you burst on a dummy to reach a specific amount of damage and check the time after that. Same could be done for AoE with multiple dummys. But ROFL is imho the worst example to compare classes/raids or to balance classes at all.

Actually we too have those dummies since a few patches, however they seem to not work correctly, receiving different amounts of dmg that not fit their debuffs....has btw anyone already reported these bugs?? :/

Maybe devs not being aware of that and getting wrong results from them is a reason for certain changes that the playerbase disagrees with.

Its always we nerf the op class that all the golden endgame chars are using on rolf making rolf a joke ini, while the ppl with an average gear of rolf red armor / gorge armor are getting worst and worst with every class

First of all, the instance you are propably talking about is called Realm of forgotten Legends. So it is "rofl" and not "rolf"...

Implementing the ultimate gear was a big mistake, there is no talking around it, but rofl has been a joke already form the start, when all we had was average gorge gear.

This is just an opinon of a guy that has just played rogue and League of legends(Got bored of this game cause always same if your high elo you just have to play the op things, you try to master the op thing and on next patch is nerfed and you have to play the next op thing and always like that)

How is being forced to play different stuff patch after patch due to meta balancing "always the same to get bored of"?

I played games with an ever changing pvp-meta for years and having to face different teams and conditions is one of the upsides, instead of having just one meta where everyone plays the same all the time, which indeed would be boring.

In a way you can also translate this to the class balancing that is taking place right here right now (mainly for PvE), so if stuff like that bores you, maybe a game like this and MMO- and PvP-games in general are not suited for you.

My conclusion for this class is that Rogue is probably the worst class on the entire game a melee class that doesnt hit as the rest as dps on pulls, that does not have enougth resistance to hold on pulls

Have you ever taken a look at the lv99 ISS? Especially after the latest change, it is propably one of the best defensive skills melee classes have. There must be a certain requirement to be able to run endcontent, having at least some ISS for your class is one of them.

Imo they should close the thread for a while and keep doing their own balancing, which worked just well in the past

No, it didnt. But there definetly is a lack of feedback from players that regurlarly run inferno/gorge and have equivalent gears, so I urge those players to also speak up, who are not making any comparisons to rofl, but to the "midgame".

It is probably cause we are noobs or I dont know but If our mages on our guild got literally all his classes nerfed and our rogues also get nerfeds we will never be able of doing rolf unless we fully buy an real endgame gear.

Again, requirements. You cannot expect to run endcontent from the start. Transition guilds like yours are very important for this game and MMOs in general, but for being what you are, you should stick to what suits you, in this case running inferno and maybe gorge.

You said yourself that your members joined to run those instances, then you should not have the ambitions to run rofl with them. The term "noobs" (which sadly often is used as an insult) originally means newbies, new players, who do not have that much experience in a game and its gameplay. Everyone was a noob at some point. Me included.

So in case you chose not the pay2win route and if you aim to get stronger as a guild you should first run instances right below endcontent to gain equipment and gameplay experience from there for your members and once they are equipped with at least decent gorge gear you can start trying rofl. Everything else is just asking too much.

"Working our way up" is exactly what we current endcontent players (who also did not chose the pay2win route) had to do, with the exception that we have been playing here for a way longer time and inferno+gorge already were endcontent at their respective times and we grinded lower instances before that too.

- Changed pull motion to teleport target to caster after a while depending on distance. ( Pull motion may not be visible until next patch. )

Finally. Thank you so, so , so, SO much!! Seems not to be the way it originally was, so we need to see how this affects practical gameplay, though.

- Changed Vital Escape to teleport player to exact location of mechanism.
    - Changed Augmentation Calls to teleport player to exact location of mechanism.

Same here. Thanks alot!!

Cheers! :thumbup:

Healers aren't too strong, endgame ini is just too easy (especially with AU that makes tactics on 4 and 5 boss).

Yes and no. Compared to the amount of maxHP players currently have, all healers still heal too much with compareable gear, especially when they are statted full wisdom. That rofl is too easy just makes it worse.

As P/S you can fully restore raid members' HP by Curing Shot.

....and exactly stuff like that shouldnt be even remotely possible. ;)

This perfectly shows that healers are too strong.

Also the skill itself is too strong imo. Too much range, too much heal, too low CD and too long HoT duration.

Remember that this class has Holy Candle AND Blood Arrow to increase its healoutput even further.

Maybe it is time to disable the Arcadian Patience buff to finally see where healers will be in the end, I guess by now everyone should have had enough time to adjust their gear.

Cheers!

I'm not a healer, but I think I got an idea for this. Maybe it could scale on the caster's attributes or heal bonus and grant up to a maximum of like 20% of the target's HP. Just like the new M/Wl debuff works atm.

Yeah sound great, however the scaling of those warlock skills is shit and would need a general improvement :D

Why not increasing mana regeneration by %, that could support as well, and maybe additional to that focus- and/or energy regeneration :/

Do you mean increasing the base mana-regeneration? that one is almost non existant during fights and would need increases of several 100%, so regenerating mana by a "fixed" amount that is based on healing or as a portion based on maxMP are the only viable options.

Overall I dont like ressource regeneating skills that much, as these often tend to have the effect that ressource management becomes irrelevent when players regenerate more reesources than they can spent. We already have several classes that never can exhaust their ressources.

I love seeing actual feedback on healers from another person here and I like most of the ideas, however some seem to be a little too much.

Soul source - Revive all raid members in 150 radius from the caster. Cooldown 30min.

or Soul source - The HP of all raid members in radius 200 from the caster is fully restored. Doesn't consume any MP. Cooldown 30s or 1min.

Please do not allow mass-ressing, thats gamebreaking regardless of any CD. Increasing the range is a good idea, but if you do, please do not reduce the CD below 3min.

Wave armor - Change 2k damage shield to 35% of target's max hp shield.

I wouldnt go as high as 35%, but giving a shield as a % of targets HP would be great.

Increase radius of Magic Barrier, Blessed Springwater, Grace of Life and Amplified Attack to 250 or 300.

(just make oldschool skills to be useful)

YES PLEASE! 180 would be fine, though. Changing these skills to raid-buffs was about making life easier for lazy ppl, but its no good if you have to buff multipe times and move around because someone is too far away. At least make them all the same range.

Priest/Scout

I would like to see this combination more oriented towards being a mpds.

Mana Retention - Recovers 10-15% MP every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. Increase radius to 150.

There are multiple proposals to change MP recovery to %ual, I dont know what is better or worse.

What I do know is making MP recovery too strong and too common would effectively remove mana being a manageable ressource from the game along with the need for mana potions. So please be careful.

Holy Swipe - Unleashes a holy power, knocking down the target for 5 seconds.

I would say 2-3 seconds would do fine, just 1 however is a little low indeed.

Freeze - Frost stun enemies in the circle of 60 radius for 5-10 seconds. (Effect isn't removed when target receives damage). Cooldown 30s.

Dont make this an AoE. Allowing targets to receive dmg without losing the effect would be buffed enough, maybe add a CD of 5-8 sec to not be able to spam it too much.

Remove Curse -> Perfection of Group Heal - Group Heal recovers 450.0 HP for all raid members in a radius of 200. Reduce cast time by 0,5s. Add 5-6s cooldown. (Halved healing).

I like the skill as it is without changing it. Also allowing Group Heal to affect the entire raid should be for all priests, not only one and would require a drastic decrease in healed amount or a drastic increase in dmg taken by the raid.

Lightning Rod -> Circle of Holy Fire - Create circle of holy fire that heals all raid members in the circle every second for 10s. Cooldown 10s and it heals similar amount of healing as Rain of Light. Cast time 1s. Circle radius 80 and range 200.

I like the mechanic as it is now, being a dmg-support, however it should be 5-10% more dmg taken by said types, not just those few points as it currently is.

Element Defense -> Force Field - Create circle (which looks like barrier) that reduce raid members damage received by 30-40% for 15s. Cooldown 1,5min. Cast time 2s. Circle radius 80.

waaaaay too much dmg reduce for current gameplay. having 9% permanently on your party is good enough imo.

Last Prayer - Protects one friendly target from one fatal blow for 15min. After fatal blow restores all HP. Cooldown 15min.

This skill needs a rework with all the base casting speed we nowadays have and I like the suggestion very much, but I would restore max. 50% HP or set the CD to 30min.

Divine Incarnation - Increases effectiveness of heals by 15% instead of 10%. (Rest is the same).

I dont think any healer needs any more healing increased at the moment, might change in the future though, so this could be a viable idea then.

Calm Heart - all raid members in radius of 120 from the caster are invulnerable to fear for 10s. Cooldown 1min.

I dont know. On the one hand, everyone now can have a 20sec antifear for their own, on the other hand giving fear immunity 1/6 of the time to everyone seems a bit too strong as well...maybe keep the skill single targeted but make the fear backfire to its source.

Sacrifical Cure - Sacrifice your own life energy to restore all raid members HP by 100.0%.

I like the skill as it is being single target, but maybe decrease its CD to 1,5-2min.

Holy Power - Heals all raid members in radius of 180. Cooldown 6s. (Amount of healing is similar to Mother Earth's Fountain).

Just. Please. No. p/k always was a single-target healing machine, one of the best heals to take care of a tank in any situation, please keep it that way.

One further note to p/k "Grace if Life": As Grace of Life generally is a raidbuff now and we have multiple source of MP-regen and tons of mana overall unless someone has %ual manacosts, a simple 10% increase seems outdated. Changing the additional function to a 5-10% decrease in mana costs would work, maybe maybe even for all ressources, in this case 5% tops.

Spirit Embodiment - Halved cooldown.

CD is fine as it is, we dont need a raid-godmode 33% of the time. This is a good example of knowing which skill to use when.

Holy Salvation Candle - makes friendly target invulnerable to all damage for 5 seconds. Range 180. Cooldown 2min.

3 seconds is all you need here imo.

Infused Light Chain - Every hit restore an extra 15 points of rage and 10% MP.

10 Rage should be enough. 10% mana however will be too much considering how strong Healing Diamond Light is. There also are enough different ways to regen mana.

Healing Diamond Light - Converts 7% MP to Diamond Light every second while in effect. Also recovers 471.8 + 0.8 x WIS HP for all party members around you in a range of 200.

I think 120 range are fine, 150 range tops, as you can freely move around.

Light Connection - Creates a shield on all raid members in radius of 180 from the caster that reduces damage taken by 37% and increases the caster's Movement Speed by 20.6%.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy to much dmg reduce for the raid for 40% uptime. make it max. 15% IF you want to change it to a raidbuff.

Priest/Rogue as mdd

I would like to see this class as a proper mdps as well, although I have no real suggestions here. I let the mpds players comment on that :D

Water Element of Rebirth - Summons a Holy Water Elemental to assist you for 900 seconds.

Would be nice, I think 600 seconds would already do fine.

Divine Shield - Damage taken by party members within a range of 150 is reduced by 80%. Players who leave this area do not benefit.

This would be a start, this skill desperately needs a buff, as I already mentioned. Main WL and Knight have way stronger skills. Changing this skill with 150 range to a raid buff might also work.

Focus of Mother Nature - Increase heals by 15% also.

Absolutly no need for that atm.

Spirit of Life - Summons a Spirit of Life brimming with the energy of the earth. It heals 1660 (<- it should be scaled with caster's attributes and healing power) + 10.4% HP to all friendly targets within a range of 150 every 4 seconds.
    The Spirit of Life lasts for 30 seconds. Cooldown 1,5min.

20 seconds and 2min would be fine imo. a change from 40sec would be great, as a raid rarely stays at the same location for 40sec while needing to be healed.

Group Exorcism - Requires 1 point of Nature's Power. Removes harmful effects from multiple friendly targets within a range of 80.

Range is fine as it is atm imo.

Mother Earth's Blessing - Increases your Healing by 15.4% for 30 seconds. Cooldown 1,5min.

No need for that imo. 30sec with 2min cd at most.

Shield of Light - Baths all friendly targets within a range of 60 in a shield of light that can absorb 30,8% HP damage for 60 seconds. (Effect cannot be used in conjunction with Wave Armor).

If the limitation of 3 targets is removed, it shouldnt be more than 15,4%.

Inspiration - Buff that reduce the casting time of your spells to less than 1 second. Last's 30s. Cooldown 2min.

I like to remove of the fireball requirement and allowing more than 1 skill, but 25% uptime for that is way to much, as this drasticly increases a druids healing output.

Quick Help - Recover heals 20% more to the targets below 40% HP.

I would like to keep the skill as it was, maybe allow raid members within 60-100 range to also restore mp+lp.

Sounds of Season - Continously heals all raid members every second in radius of 200 for 5 seconds. Cooldown 15s. Cost 5% MP for every second of healing. Can be interrupted by moving.

Just keep it as it currently is. its great skill.

Inspiration Display - Enhances your Earth Arrow to scorch your enemies. Enemies receive 10% more damage from fire for 20s.

I love this idea, would suggest only 10s though. anyway this aligns perfectly with the rest of this class.

Return of Life - Increases received healing of all friendly targets within a radius of 150 by 10% for 30 seconds.

(This effect cannot be in effect at the same time as Lunar Halo.)

Yes. please!

Lava Effect - Makes your target no longer be afraid, removing any fear effects on it and makes him ressist to fear for 10 seconds.

I have suggested this multiple times now, a change like this is looooooong overdue.

Thanks a lot mrugal82 for your detailed suggestions, I hope at least some of them find their way into the game.

I see the point you are making and partially agree.

I didnt think of your example of a full champion raid running rofl before, but it certainly is possible, I would also dare to say 2 ch/d are enough for that instance, for gorge you propably would need one or two more though... (:rolleyes:) .... ^^

I love your example, it describes the issue pretty well.

I have three things I want to point out to add my perspective.

Firstly:

I do not think having players with lower gear that cant "get the best out of their chars" in a raid is an issue and that there need to be more classes that can be played to their full potential without proper gear. There should be a certain threshhold players have to reach to be able to run endcontent and for players to be an exception for that "rule" we have the right amount of combos that can be viable without strong gear (for example wl/m, ch/d - as you mentioned).

Secondly:

Balancing is an ongoing process.

Although I hope that the current balancing process with its massive changes and reorientation or even complete redesign of certain skills and classes will come to an end shortly after the new warlock eliteskills are released, I also hope that there will still be a minimal balancing kept up afterwards, to do some fine tuning of classes where values of skills are only marginally changed (like only a very few %dmg on a skill, a few seconds of runtime of buffs and cooldowns) to adress future balancing issues that will come up with new content and/or newly established meta-gameplays.

This should prevent "fashion classes" to emerge again as they did in the past (best examples for Arcadia would be ch/r during gorge times or s/wd before that) and lead players to varify the classes they play based on whats the most fun for them and not only on what is strongest.

Additionally, in my opinion, classes that are kinds of jacks of all trades (being able to do many different things with the same combination or (in this case) gear) should NOT be the strongest in each of those trades, so that when push comes to shove you would have to rely on different classes that actually specialize in their trades.

Thirdly:

It is all about the content.

If endcontent is as easy as rofl currently is, a raid is not dependent on support and coordination at all.

From my point of few having more support in our raid does more harm than help at the moment, because this leads to mobs and bosses dying even faster than they already do or heals having even less to heal than they already do, depending on what kind of support (offensive or defensive) you provide. And this leads to players having even less fun than they already do. Maybe this goes back to us having quite strong gears, maybe not, but at this point I think implementing this ultimate stuff was a huge mistake, but thats another topic on its own.

Especially after the many, many changes that now allow to buff your entire raid with certain skills, a raid consisting of different classes with different subclasses that support each other and are not all focused on dealing the most dmg themselves alone, will be able to overall deal tons of dmg more than a raid that consists of only (for example) ch/wl or r/wl as dps.

I guess I let you in on a very well kept secret just now (haha:D).

So once we have proper endcontent that requires more than just 6 players goofing around and where players actually have to work together to be able to kill mobs and bosses, by making decisions on how they approach certain things (in this case on "how to get the most dmg out of our raid") we will be forced to play different classes to have the best outcome with the ressources (players+gear+classes) we have.

And by now there are more than enough combos that support each other in different ways, so that noone would have to play just one single combo over and over again.

To put this concrete using your champions-raid example:

- If tanks were hit hard enough so that they have to rely on certain skills only certain tank-combinations provide, we wouldnt be able to run with a champion/any tank in dps gear.

- If bosses/trashmobs had actually threatening mechanics or were dangerous enough so that we would either have to kill them as fast as possible or chain-cc them or frequently interrupt them, six ch/wl in a raid certainly would not do the best job.

...well, this isnt be best example as champions have compareably quite strong cc, but imagine you would not be able to go all-in on melee. I hope you get my point anyway.

- If the raid would get hit by more dangerous (AoE) dmg than the occasional and very well predictable 100-range AoE around some mobs, where we would have to rely on certain dmg-reducing/-negating skills only certain class combinations provide or rely on certain heal patterns only certain healing combinations can provide instead of just spamming everyone with tons (AoE-)HoTs, 2-4 ch/d in a raid would not be the best choice to assure everyones survival.

To have a healthy pool of class variantions, there should be situations that can be approached in multiple different ways, but there shouldnt be different situations that can all be approached in the same way.

I guess Zyrex' intention was not to start a discussion on this topic but rather state his point of view as feedback for the PlayerNet-team, at least that is what I took from his post and that is all I wanted to do as well.&)

And I hope this wasnt just another of my rants about rofl, but could actually help to prevent a "full-champions-raid" in the future, so that all the effort put into class balancing was not in vain.:saint:

Personally I would like to see this game focus more on coordination and playing together in a raid, instead of just caring about the scrutinizer to see who can deal the most dmg with which class. Because for what else should all those raid-buffs have been given to us...? :/

I also think, the fire fairy is generally a bit too strong. I mean, we all agree, that the old K/M or W/M were dealing too much dps for such an easy gameplay (just right clickinig mobs and stand in range). But the current P/W just needs to click on a mob to deal about 30-40% of its dps, on both mobs and bosses.

Especially in ROFL b3 event this class is absolutely overkill that shreds the organs like nothing else and most work is done by that fairy.

Which dps is not too simple to play nowadays? Everyone just presses one button for their combat engine makros, so there is actually no effective difference. And most changes lately made with more and more non-gcd attacks benefit their usage even more, so I think it doesnt really matter anymore how much % of your dmg the fairy does.

Cheers!

Divine Urge - Passive
    Your aura increases movement speed of you and friendly raid members in 100 range by 8%.

....srsly? WHO needs that?!

Being within 100 range to another in a dynamicly moving raid does not happen that often, unless you are standing still (haha:D) and waiting/buffing for something. I wouldnt ever move into 100 range of my melee dps during fights to give them this aura.

So either you need to substantially increase its range OR the given bonus, to make this skill remotely as viable as other classes ISS are.

And as it is quite the effort to get a complete ultimate accessory set and compared to how insanely strong the druid ISS is, noone ever will get that priest ISS, unless they are hating druids from the bottom of their heart....

Considering Knights new ISS: Although having more magical dmg reduce is nice to have, I believe (again) considering the effort those ISS take to get, other mechanics would help Knights more. For example increased movement speed for him and surrounding raid members.... *wink* :D:/:D:/:D

All in all I like this idea to implement new ISS, but adding them ONLY to ultimate accessory sets isnt to correct way. Many players play multiple classes, the example of chain dps alone was already made, and over all there would have to be tons of additional accessory sets created just for those ISS, where those ultimate sets in general were only meant to be a bonus for the most active ones....

I would rather see those ISS on refined red rofl items and have their gold cost increase by a lot, this would make them way more accessible.

Cheers!

I, on the other hand, see the possibility of using the healer's clothes, and not making a new one, instead of stamina, to gain intelligence. And to be able to do my own thing that way.

Honestly this was also my first impression when I read this classes skills for the first time, so that you can switch between heal and dps in one gear. Would be similar to how champions work and I like the idea to enable healers to do that, as it usually is hard for healers with only one gear to do anything viable by themselves apart from healing in a party.

Here once again an explanation from the dev/design team would be great to let us understand their intentions for this combo...;)

Of course, this should be changed for all classes facing the same problems. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about the other classes to create an exact list of all skills here. It would also be necessary to see how far this works with which skills. With certain healer classes, priest/scout for example, I could imagine that this kind of mechanic is used to heal/reach other players in the raid outside of their own range. How far it would make sense to change the skill so that the healer has to run into the group would have to be discussed with the healers. Of course, the same applies to other classes that use this mechanic. But I think it would definitely improve the quality of life of all classes that use skills with the same mechanics enormously.

I have to disagree on this topic.

I know very well how annoying it can be to place these AoE-fields, but changing only a few for certain classes would be quite unfair. For healers and supporters it indeed makes no sense, because placing them wherever you want is what makes these skills viable. Just casting them around you would be a huge nerf. In fact, that would be the case for all ranged classes. So those classes will have to deal with the placing issue anyway.

Now allowing melee classes to use these AoEs without placing them, would make them superior in this case compared to for example Scouts lv90 ISS and to Mages Thunderstorm or Meteor Shower.

So to solve this issue for ALL classes properly, you would have to adress the problems certain terrains bring while placing the AoE-field, so that it does not stick to trees or rocks or statues or butterflies or ceilings, but only on floor textures.

Lastly, I dont play dps that often, but when I play(ed) champion I liked the fact that you can deal AoE dmg to an area where you actually are not standing. Sometimes it is dangerous or even impossible to go near a certain area or certain mobs, changing these AoEs as you proposed would render them useless in such situations.

I also think few skills that are just used to enable something should be non-gcd:

perhaps consider removing gcd from the Rune Growth/Indomitable Spirit/Kinetic Explosion

...and while you are at it, please also remove gcd from:

Rune Energy Influx, Elemental Weakness, Forgotten Black Magic, Holy Candle, Healing Salve, Curing Seed, Shield of Solid Mind, Mind Barrier, Shadow Step and Threaten.

Heck, why not remove gcd from all non-damaging skills? :/

All those rings go back to and are based on the lv62 VN rings, so I wouldnt consider it a bug that they share cooldowns. Also the wings share cooldown with DN rings intentionally I guess.

I never really had any issues with this. Its just a matter of timing when you are using what. In rofl there is one situation where you really need the antifear and it is quite easy to pay attention not to use your DN ring or wings 60 seconds before that.

So I am against seperating those cooldowns, as this would make the game require even less brain and actual attention while playing it. If too many of these "quality of life" changes are made, gameplay will become too simple to be enjoyable, when ultimately all we have to do is press only one button without paying attention.

But as currently many changes are made to simplify gameplay more and more, I wouldnt be surprised if these cooldowns are seperated in the end.

Bug (?): "Electrocution Chain" doesn't pull enemies to me, it just stuns mobs at the current positions.

Same with Ch/Wl AoE, stunned mobs can't be pulled.

I have mentioned this multiple times, that those skills designs are absolutly failed after they changed pull effects to actually being a charge performed by affected enemies. As stunned/rooted units cant charge, its just useless.

Also have I never understood why this change was made in the first place, as it only makes things more complicated.

Repeated questions what the purpose of this change might be, are still waiting for answers... :/

Cheers!

I appreciate the change you made to Chain of Life to require 2h staff to make it more viable, however apart from that one skill there is still no reason to use 2h staffs on heals, as overall there is no increase in effective healing done compared to 1h+talisman, since they already have enough healing capabilities. Healing done by 1h+talisman would have to be reduced to make 2h staffs more viable.

Changing the healing-trigger CD of Chain of Life wasnt the best way in my opinion, it makes this heal proc rather unreliable. Lowering the healing amount done and lowering the CD would be more useful, maybe find a middle of 4-5 sec cd, to not let it trigger with each whitehit of single mobs.

Furthermore I still propose to change the dmg taken by the caster to the same dmg type as Holy Candle or Blood Arrow, to allow playing music during fights. In most current situations its more attrctive to support the party with instruments than using the Chain of Life.

Also please increase the keep-up distance of the Chain a little further, while pulling mobs and during bossfights tanks still frequently are out of its range. Removing the 30 CD on the skill when the link is broken by range and not by too much dmg taken would also adress this issue.

Hey there!

Five out of the nine most recent threads in the "Game Guides" forum, the same you posted in, will have many answers to your questions, as a few before you had the same ones. &)

Have a good start here on this server.;)

Too many changes without notice... warlock aoe, druid focus of mother nature it has 90s cd (you added that couple of hours ago without any discusion), also never tell you can move now. Mage/scout distance of pet cast is partially fixed but never said in notes either. I really expect more profesionalism from now on because we have this new system where we tell our opinions and you actually listen and is dissapointing we have to discover things while we play instead of getting detailed notes of ALL changes ignoring things we agreed not to do or do.

Sadly this has been going on for quite a while now (since balancing started) that some implemented changes were not mentioned in patchnotes and some were mentioned in patchnotes but not implemented...So from time to time there were some pleasant and some unpleasant surprises to discover ^^

For me it became a habit to check my skills from patch to patch again and again...this is one reason why this ongoing balancing process started to be annoying, nevertheless its for the greater good in the end. :|

Other skills like the druid/champions mechanisms do the same I believe. I think this is necessary to allow players who enter the affected area to frequently recieve the buffs and those who leave the same area to lose the buffs.

Indeed this has a noticeable negative impact on performance, especially in bigger raids. I dont know though if there is any solution to this while keeping those skills functionality as it is. :/

Cheers!

concerning magical tanks: during gorge times we had a k/m who tanked in purple cloth gear with some sta/int and some sta/sta stats on it and wielding hammer+shield.

Aggro (single target+AoE) and defense were fine then and since k/m only got buffed during class balancing, I dont see why this wouldnt still be possible without further changes...

both priest and druid have kit skills that are rarely used or not used at all. Have you thought about changing them for priest / warrior or druid / warrior? Maybe many will disagree with me, but the skill set for the priest level 75 and 90 is useless

I agree for the lv90 ISS, however th ereason for this skill rarely being used is not necessarily that its bad, it sjust that there are no viable mdps combinations for priests (which I honsetly dont care about :D) but if p/s or p/r would be oriented more into mpds, I guess the lv90 ISS will find its use.

But I cannot disagree more that lv75 ISS is useless. Indeed it is used very reraly by most priests and I dont understand why until today. It is one of the strongest ISS priests have, supporting your mdps in raid and if you dont use that skill regularly as priest, its totally your own fault and loss.

deszcz2

I wont argue that Champions may have an easier time generating aggro than Knights, however Knights have way more sustainability and party support than Champions do.

We agree that tanking is not only about generating aggro, but also about sustaining dmg taken and supporting your party offensively and defensively. At the moment Knights seem to be well balanced to each other, some are better at generating aggro, some are better at sustaining dmg and some are better in supporting your party and some are inbetween all that. And compared to Knights, the Champions traits in sustaining dmg and supporting are inferior, which is fair in my eyes.

How strong Knights actually are in sustaining dmg is hard to judge atm, as most dmg taken in rofl is from mere whitehits which, once again, are fairly low and this is a point that needs to be looked at once we have challenging content again.

And honestly if anything about Knights currently would need a change, I actually would propose slightly reducing the aggro done. I hardly play tank as champion, so I cant give any first hand experience there, but since champion dps dont play in Shield Form anymore, Knights had no real contender in holding aggro for a long time. When the cross-race combinations got their elite skills, some dps classes were added that may be a challenge holding aggro against, but apart from that its fairly easy to be top in the hatelist, as long as all dps are at -90% aggro.

I wont discuss here how Knights work, but if you are having trouble generating aggro you should reconsider what buffs and skills you are using when and in what order, because as I said, I have no troubles at all.

Edit:

Increased Arcanium Chamber epic ring active Fearless effect duration to 20 seconds.

-- I dont think this is necessary, but if realized it would be nice to also apply this change to VN rings, as they are argueably even harder to get. ;)