Posts by melodic

But thats my point. As it is such a strong burst class, in my opinion it shouldnt matter that it lacks in AOE dmg...

And if trashmobs/bosses were to live longer in our current "endcontent" m/wl would perform much better overall.

So as I see it, m/wl is not necessarily inferior the any other mage combinations, it is just not suited for instances like rofl, where everything dies too fast. There are multiple classes that suffer from this fact.

I think when trying to balance them with each other we should take into consideration, that for different content certain classes will have a quite different performance and not only focus on rofl as a reference.

Originally I had the impression, that Madoxx wanted to say that m/wl is too weak and only viable for its debuff support (which again noone needs in rofl, if its even possible to apply).

If I was mistaken there and we agree that m/wl is not too weak in itself as a dps, just not suited for rofl, I guess we were simply talking past each other. :D

Cheers!:thumbup:

Edit: Is it possible that 1,2k posts are the currently allowed maximum for a thread? Because I cannot answer anymore... ^^

deszcz2

Were you running in plate gear or in (tanky statted) cloth gear?

I dont think Holy Light Domain needs any aggro multiplier. As a tank in plate gear you have enough other AoE skills to generate aggro and dont have to rely on this skill, there you mainly use it for its defensive effects.

And if you are playing k/m as mdps, having a aggro multiplier on this skill, even if bound to other buffs, would be of no use at all.

Third possibilty would be tanking in tanky statted cloth gear, where you should have enough m-dmg/atk/crit overall to also generate enough aggro with your skills.

So having any aggro multiplier on this skill would just result in tanks keeping this buff up all the time and doing nothing else, generating aoe aggro without any effort and having a massive defensive boost. Sounds too lazy for my taste. ;)

Increased Realm of the Forgotten Legends first boss offensive attributes.

-- Highly overdue. Thanks a lot for this one! Please consider doing this for the other bosses as well.

Changed Unity with Mother Earth to Focus of Mother Nature, increases physical and magical damage by 30% but reduces area damage by 100% 30%, also makes your spells do not consume Nature’s Power while active.

-- I like this change very much, seems like an ideal all-in-one solution for all druid combinations.

Just one question: Will this AOE decrease also affect AOE healing? If so, you might consider limiting it to AOE-dmg only, as druids rely a lot on AOE healing, thus ending up still not using this skill very much.

Changed Elemental Extraction to Forgotten Black Magic, Decreases targets physical and magical defense by equal to 70% of your magical attack. This value can’t exceed 30% of targets magical defense.

-- Basicly I like this skilldesign, but I dont really know if is change is for the better or worse.

I disagree with Madoxx that this class is doing low dmg compared to other mages. It just deals SLOW dmg, thats why it is underperforming in current "endcontent". I have quite outdated mage gear and always did my best dmg in Jerath event with this combination, even compareable dmg with other mage combinations with stronger gear.

But I agree that m/wl always was a class with which newcomers had an easy way to endcontent and (again, current content makes it worse) you aleady nerfed this skill/debuff since it takes longer to apply it on targets.

Furthermore would this debuff be the strongest during bursts, when you (and supposedly your raid) have most matk/patk anyway and the weakest during offburst, where everyone has lowest atk values. So practicly its effectiveness would be lower when the debuff is stronger and vice versa. Somehow paradox.

Also I like the direction you took with these "planned patchnotes", it certainly will help both you and us, but still this does not include us more in your reasoning and still all we can do is say "Oh no, please don't" when we cant understand why you made certain changes. Just now we can do it earlier. ;)

Cheers! :thumbup:

priest/wardens Briar Shield passively heals with EVERY hit taken, not only every 8 seconds as the druid/wardens does. This might be a little too strong, so maybe add here 8 seconds as well. Also this renders the pets lv40 sacrifce elite almost useless.

Additionally the druid/wardens Briar Shield recovers MP with EVERY hit taken, where the tooltips implies that both recovery effects should only be triggered every 8 seconds.

Edit: sorry I forgot this:

Increased Unity with Mother Earth duration to 30 seconds.

While this change might help dps-druid a little, it still is not a really viable burst skill. Mostly because you are not allowed to move anymore, so in trashmobs it still is almost impossible to use, especially for 30 seconds. also during bossfights were movement is required dps will always have to manually remove the buff, if they even use it. I at least would for example never use this skill during the Khat bossfight.

For heals this change is even more irrelevant. This skill once was really strong where players were lv55 and had lv55 gear with lv55 crit values, but now where heals crit with almost 90%, it is not worth to waste a gcd and become stationary for such little benefit. So it was rarely used by healers and this change wont change anything.

I too dont understand the changes to wardens Briar Shield. First of all, the change is quite inconsequent, because d/wd and p/wd stil provide the 63% def and having this defense boost is one of the main reasons to play these classes. Reducing it would make them way less attractive to play.

I believe for other secondary wardens this change also is a heavy nerf, I believe m/wd, r/wd and s/wd suffer even more from this change than primary wardens.

In case your intention was to make warden tanks rely more on their pet for defense instead of Briar Shield, you did nerf them too, by allowing them less pdef now, and I dont think this was necessary. I never even considered tank capabilities of dps wardens overall to be too tanky (as the champion was in the past) so that this change brings any positives in terms of balance.

My bet would be that you again did not think of the consequences this change would have to other combinations, just as the latest change to Savage Power buffed secondary wardens (which did not need this boost) more than primary wardens after all.

But again this bet may be based upon a lack of insight of the balancing-teams thoughts and intentions, where some more communication from your side would help....:rolleyes:

If you dont start giving at least some basic explanations why you make certain changes, your betatesters will become more and more disappointed and thus discouraged giving you feedback for what you do.

Having a two-sided communication basis with the publisher once was one of the main benefits of this server...this has started to fade quite a while ago.

Cheers!:S

- Fixed Briar Shield was conflicting with similar buffs of other classes.

Still. Does. Not. Work. X/

Also please change Holy Candle (all variants) to a toggle skill similar to scouts Blood Arrow. I dont care if you also add 10sec CD or not.

Cheers!:saint:

Rogue/Knight Punishment (490074) has a wrong ID-link in its tooltip by now. It should say "Holy Seal", as before and after in the description, not "Holy Smite".

Furthermore adding the fact that all Holy Seals will be consumed to all Punishment tooltips might be helpful.

I believe 490073 490074 490075 490151 499909 are all variants IDs.

Changed Cursed Arrow to Cold Flame Shot, Inflicts 225% ranged weapon DPS fire damage to targets within 60 radius of caster, at level 55 with a cooldown time changes depending on ranged weapon with 6% damage reduction for each extra target.

Just a noob-non-scout question: Wouldnt it help changing the skill to deal dmg withing 60 range of TARGET instead of CASTER, additional to giving the shot itself a reasonable range? :/

Recover: Is the crit rate based on physical or magical crit value? If it is based on magic, please change it to physical. Had the feeling to criten with the healing very little, but maybe my feeling is wrong :D

I also oppose this idea. As this combo is now, it is a jack of all trades, it has tank potential, (some) dps potential, heal potential and support potential. How strong each part of that is, is dependent on what gear you are wearing, focusing this class on chain only, would be too strong in my opinion.

There are multiple druid, priest, knight and scout combos that are designed to be played with different gear than other combos, but still can be played with their "original" gear, with less effectivity. Having a champion combo that works the same way, is totally fine in my eyes.:)

druid/knight:

Punishment does only heal if the caster also is within 100 range of the target, as long as the caster is at more than 100 range to the target, the healing effect is not triggered at all.

Also the skills tooltip says that the healing is triggered after a "succesful" hit, but the skill can also heal if used on immune targets.

decrease the cd to 30 sec, while keeping the duration to 30 sec,

I wouldnt go that route, because this will buff all wd secondary classes by alot, the recent cd decrease already did that, which wasnt really necessary.

Apart from that I also think that wardens still need further overall increasement of patk.

Yes, at least I cant think of any other issues (as long as the addon itself works properly) other than this one and the one discussed in >here<.

Just a very few addons were intentionally disabled by the client because they became obsolete with some client improvements.

Nevertheless, if you encounter any further problems, feel free to ask about them here in the forum.

As they said, casts classes are in disvantage on a lot of parts of rofl and destroyed in most of lower inis when we can't even cast

I see this problem as well and hope that this will change with content where trashmobs dont die in 1-2 seconds, because once a mage finishes casting, their hits are compareable to what a pdps does with 2 instant skills...at least from what I observed as a noob dps. :D

So in my opinion this is an issue the current content brings and not necessarily only dependend on class-balancing.

Am I wrong?:saint:

Cheers!

I have no words. This is just brilliant.

I have never seen such a well thought-of and prepared suggestion. ^^

I am shocked that this ended up in declined suggestions for a while... 8o

Just a very minor addition: Adding the FAQ to the ingame help (F11 or something) and hinting at that in default chat or as system msg for new players might work as well.

Although recent patches decreased my performance issues and fps drops, also in connection with HoTs, I still have huge lags from the buff lv50 m/r "Gift of the Baron" applies on the raid.

I wasnt able to check properly, but I feel like buffs from d/ch mechanisms still do so, too.

Would be great if you could look into that. :saint:

Cheers!

Thanks Kalypso for opening this discussion, I feel like this was overdue yet noone thought about doing to until you did. :thumbup:

To share my point of view on this topic:

I totally agree with your point of view, all these quality of life changes, performance improvements, balancing efforts and overall great community support and management make this server really worthwhile.

The current "endcontent" however just makes me worry.

I myself like the instance in its basics very much, considering design, length and up to certain point also bossencounters and trashmobs.

It had the potential to be great content, fun AND rewarding to play.

However as Lutine said, for proper endcontent there had to be another, higher difficulty. The current normalmode could have been an easy one, current hardmode should have been normal and a hardmode should have been implemented months ago, by now it is too late for that I guess.

It was a ton of fun to clear and further discover this instance, farming it is just a pain.

Compared to gorge way too many guilds are/were farming it (relative to the entire playerbase!), having a huge (imo negative) impact on the games economy.

We all agree that gorge was too slow paced and there for too long, however there were good reasons for it being like that, so I guess its fine, but rofl is just way too fast paced to be healthy for the server.

Many bosstactics are fun to play in my opinion, just not entirely thought through to the end, to keep them fun and challenging for regular runs.

Some examples:

RNG at b1 just sucks, especially in small raids with only 2 or 3 dps it takes several minutes of just waiting for correct buffs+chests, where tanks and heals literally can go afk, especially after latest class-changes (Chain of Life OP). There should be some logic for spawning chests according to remaining buffs on bosses.

This starts to annoy players right at the beginning of the instance.

b2 is just a joke compared to b2 in gorge. Failing movement and coordination at Iglis was punishing the whole raid, Khat does not even kill the players who fail to move. This is not what you call a "hard mode".

b3 has similar issues as b1. Apart from one dps at a time and the tank, everyone can go afk, all one healer needs to do is start a makro healing the tank and go afk too. There should have been more about the adds (which only were added post-release), forcing the raid to continously kill them, keeping everyone busy during the bossfight.

b4..well...burstbosses shouldnt be a childrens firecracker.

b5 strongly suffers from the automization its tactics allow and also from him and his adds taking too much and dealing too low dmg.

Overall everything in this instance still dies way too fast and we observed and shared that as feedback right after release, way before we started building new gear.

I know some players in Sâcrêd have way above average gear, making certain things easier and faster for us, but being aware of that, we almost never run with a full raid, but with max. 4 dps, so technically our dmg-output is halved compared to what it could be. Strong gear does not compensate for that. And still everything does die way too fast.

And all this does not change how we play bosstactics in the end, them being for me the main reason why rofl is boring AF.

Also building gear is too easy, at this time of year almost noone had finished gorge gear the year it was released, now most players running rofl are done with their ultimate gear, which was supposed to be something extra rewarding only for the most active ones. Not to mention how many players have already finished red gear.

According to this fact, the next instance would have to be just around the corner, otherwise the whole ultimate gear and its concept simply fail their purpose. A worldboss alone will not help here at all, unless you can kill it multiple times a day (what I doubt) or killing it to be really, really hard and time-consuming (which I sadly also doubt), it will not be able to substitute rofl for the daily player.

Furthermore I am worried about how to properly balance future content for all players, those with ultimate gear and those without. Content suited for ultimate gear might be too hard for red gear, vice versa.

I agree that players already are tired of rofl (myself included), you can see that in them being less active as soon after they finished their gear, less runs done compared to a few months ago, which itself can be seen in prices for rofl stuff slightly rising again.

So I hope that our gamedesign and dev teams have learned from the mistakes they made with rofl and its many flaws, otherwise future PvE and the server itself are doomed.

Nevertheless I am looking forward to read other players opinions and experiences, maybe even from some who did not run rofl from the beginning, but started here later and have their own perspective on current "endcontent".

Cheers! :)

Two more issues for heals:

priest/druid:

lv70 Chain of Life: The healing this skill provides on hits the target recieves is way too strong. As mobs+bosses usually hit only once every 2 seconds, no tank will ever need heal during a fight with just one enemy, which does not hit with more than ~600k and has no other sources of dmg. And since just very few mobs deal up too 600k dmg, many more sources usually are entirely passively healed by this skill.

I would suggest to increase the healing cd, however then this combo would get way inferior considering raid healing capabilities compared to other healing combos. Same as reducing the heal amount of this skill.

Nevertheless it shouldnt stay as is.

priest/warlock:

We encountered a rather odd bug with lv70 Life Surge. For me every raidmember does get its buff, I see the bufficon in target frames and partyframe (standard buffframes), gets healed and their hp increased by 10% of their stamina. Also my alt does get all benefits, same as my main if i cast Life Surge with my alt. On both I see my attributes being raised and patk/matk as well.

Other players however told me they do not see the buff in their interface (standard buffframes), their attributes do not change, despite their hp being increased, but their patk/matk also do not get increased. They do not see the healing recieved by Life Surge, but they do get healed if their hp are not at 100%.

We triple-checked this with screenshots and videos...:/

We have no idea what causes this issue, so please take a look into this and fix if possible.

You can spawn the honor gaurd at any of the six towers, regardless of if it is your own or not, so this is "normal" behaviour and not necessaryly bugusing. If this is intended after all, I cannot say.

I myself think thats its okay as it is, because like this you can also use the honor guard as an offensive action and not only for defense.

Cheers!

I suggest moving this discussion on AU and addons in general to another location.

The last posts have lost the purpose of this thread and I think many players would be helped, if we find a solution for the main problem AU users might have: If one part does not work, everything does not work and every user has to rely on one person to be able to play the game again.

I agree with Grox that being able to use all modules/plugins independent from another would be the best solution, outsourcing them from AU.

The addons' author can upload the included Kitty, seperated Actionbars, cenedrils, OSV, etc. as standalones to curse and even I might reconsider using some of them. What would be the downside of this?

AU as it is is an absolute no-go for players like me for various reasons, closed source and (previous) security issues being just two of them.

Cheers!:)