Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• My previous proposition to reduce cd of skill which give 10 NP to 10s. I take it back ^^ . With 30s it allows you to do some burst aoes and that should be enough, they have good dmg.

The only thing I would suggest is that you reduce the focus costs to 30 or something like that. Because you can run out of focus pretty fast atm if you don't have dwarven ale up.

But overall I agree. Aoe damage is pretty good but "burst" (if thats what you wanna call it ;) ) is non-existend.

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• Hi,

regarding latest changes:

"Changed Attack Launch to reduce cleave amount of Moon Cleave to 1, reduces its cooldown to 15 seconds and increases it’s damage 4 times."

Moon Cleave does not do damage anymore. it will reduce rage by 50 and does nothing.

Kind regards

• Hey ,

I would like to suggest a change/adjustment to the Lvl 90 Scout SetSkill "Hurricane Downpour" (494970).
    My idea would be to change it like the Imprisonment Pulse from the Champion , you place it and it does dmg on its own , no need to cast or stand still.

Overall i am using this skill rarely in rofl , maybe 2-3 times in the whole ini run (other inis even less) and this change would make it more viable , even for smaller trash groups (2-5 mobs).Currently its only viable to use when there are big mob pulls (10/15+ mobs)

Greetings and a Happy New year

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

• Regarding

Warrior/Rogue:

The latest patch change of Frenzied Attack was kind of strong nerf for this class. Right now, it is impossible to have the buff up most of the time. With 30 seconds duration, it was still possible to have near 100% uptime if you could permanently hit a target.

I would suggest 2 options with Frenzied Attack:

1. Change the skill back to 300% dps and 30 sec duration or

2. Change the skill to a buff like blood arrow or other toggle elite skills like most champions have. But in this case, lower the damage to 200-220%.

Also the nerf of Moon Cleave for AOE damage was not a strong nerf. It is still very strong.

I would suggest that Moon Cleave only does 750% dps (1 time). With "Option 2" of Frenzied Attack (200-220%) it should be fine in AOE and not to strong.

Kind regards

Edit: This class is far behind classes which can use non-gcd skills

• Regarding Warrior/Warden:

Please consider to add to Savage Strike (lvl 15 elite): "Removes the minimum distance needed to perform Surprise Attack."

Atm it's very stressful to jump/walk away from the enemy & charge again in order to gain the patk buff.

• Warrior / Rogue

I agree that the last change has weakened this class a lot.On mobs "Furious Attack" it was not always possible to get it again.

I suggest making it look like the Bloodshot Scout / Champion or the Infinite Impulse Champion / Warlock.

suit skill warrior "Salvation Zone" against fear, it does not work.

• Scout / Champ
    Skill Autoshot useless in this class, because you need to approach the boss, which is impossible due to setskill 85.

Skill The "Forged Shot" on bosses is useless too. Need to do stacks not from a shot, but from a combo shot or a fatal shot or reduce the number of stacks from 10 to 3 but with the same damage

• Hi

Warlock / Rogue

Very interesting class in fact magic rogue, which I wanted but one problem they are not very comfortable to play. To deal damage, you need to use 3 skills "Extraction of sensations" "Poisonous click of the spirit" "Heartache". On trash, practical is not possible to use, and on the boss it slows down the main damage very much. I think you need to make these skills in the form of a passive skill or as a buff for 15 min. These changes will not give him unbalanced damage, just make the game more comfortable.

• Corrected Strength of Ashes had no information about it’s modifying Elemental Catalysis, reduced Elemental Catalysis magical damage gain to 48%, reduced cooldown to 3 minutes.

Since it's not mentioned in the patch notes: Please let it change the cooldown of Voice of the Sea also to 3min.

Greetings.

• I found bug on new lvl 45 Damage over time skill for Champion.

there is no change, if you lvl up Shadowforge´s Rage or not.

https://gyazo.com/e9be6aaaef81ba46ff3c47e95b3f2306

Warrior set skill Crescent moon cleave, dont reset Moon Cleave and give 50 rage if you dont hit a target.

Skill discription say you just have to use the skill to get the effect. But if you dont hit target you dont get any effect.

gogo Power Rangers!

Edited once, last by Blaxx ().

• I too dont understand the changes to wardens Briar Shield. First of all, the change is quite inconsequent, because d/wd and p/wd stil provide the 63% def and having this defense boost is one of the main reasons to play these classes. Reducing it would make them way less attractive to play.

I believe for other secondary wardens this change also is a heavy nerf, I believe m/wd, r/wd and s/wd suffer even more from this change than primary wardens.

In case your intention was to make warden tanks rely more on their pet for defense instead of Briar Shield, you did nerf them too, by allowing them less pdef now, and I dont think this was necessary. I never even considered tank capabilities of dps wardens overall to be too tanky (as the champion was in the past) so that this change brings any positives in terms of balance.

My bet would be that you again did not think of the consequences this change would have to other combinations, just as the latest change to Savage Power buffed secondary wardens (which did not need this boost) more than primary wardens after all.

But again this bet may be based upon a lack of insight of the balancing-teams thoughts and intentions, where some more communication from your side would help....:rolleyes:

If you dont start giving at least some basic explanations why you make certain changes, your betatesters will become more and more disappointed and thus discouraged giving you feedback for what you do.

Having a two-sided communication basis with the publisher once was one of the main benefits of this server...this has started to fade quite a while ago.

Cheers!:S

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• priest/wardens Briar Shield passively heals with EVERY hit taken, not only every 8 seconds as the druid/wardens does. This might be a little too strong, so maybe add here 8 seconds as well. Also this renders the pets lv40 sacrifce elite almost useless.

Additionally the druid/wardens Briar Shield recovers MP with EVERY hit taken, where the tooltips implies that both recovery effects should only be triggered every 8 seconds.

Edit: sorry I forgot this:

Increased Unity with Mother Earth duration to 30 seconds.

While this change might help dps-druid a little, it still is not a really viable burst skill. Mostly because you are not allowed to move anymore, so in trashmobs it still is almost impossible to use, especially for 30 seconds. also during bossfights were movement is required dps will always have to manually remove the buff, if they even use it. I at least would for example never use this skill during the Khat bossfight.

For heals this change is even more irrelevant. This skill once was really strong where players were lv55 and had lv55 gear with lv55 crit values, but now where heals crit with almost 90%, it is not worth to waste a gcd and become stationary for such little benefit. So it was rarely used by healers and this change wont change anything.

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

Edited once, last by melodic ().

• Before anything, thx for the changes on our lovely forgotten w/m, thought I would never see it again :D

Few comments before testing in rofl and some propositions.

-Dwl, although I love earth arrow as sustained skill dmg in mobs with fast cast will help us a lot, the combo of the class is so sad. Now we don't need to bother about it, only if we have burst in boss. Rest of ini earth arrow + sandstorm and GG. class difficulty just went to the floor tho :P I suggest toxic arrow dmg should be improved aswell.

About Unity with Mother Earth new duration, lets see if its enough to improve single dmg burst on bosses. For burst aoes I still think this skill should add some small extra dmg to our skills like m/wd have but smaller.

-D/R, class require that new mattack as passive, not only 25% of the time. Druids don't get mattack from anywhere. Class still missing burst buffs and aoe fix (nature points and increased dmg). Also propose to reduce poisonous widow embrace energy cost to 10 and remove its gcd. Lose all nature points on this skill isn't realistic and not worth at all.

-W/M, before testing its dmg which it can be improved or nerfed just changing the numbers if its necessary, for the class design, I think it is a good idea to have Electrical Rage without global cd so stack up x3 dmg isn't a tragedy specially on mobs.

-M/S, add myself to Laisha's proposition, ISS to restart 5min skill should have same cd as the other skill or reducing cd from 4min to 3min is an illusion just to make people think reducing 60% dmg to 48% dmg on it isn't a nerf. Thx for starting to fix this pet. Still 2 bugs, distance of the skill is 80 and not 200 as it says. Gear, guitar, potions, nothing affect this pet casts (except its own) when warden pets do, make it equal.

-M/R, if we can't spam purge anymore what should we use? Rest of sustained dmg skill in this class aren't even enough. Give a non gcd spammable shadow stab.

-M/P, same proposition as m/r. Aoes are fine but, single dmg (sustain) is non existant. Add spammable non gcd rising tide with decent dmg for those cases.

-M/Ch, please remove extra cast on plasma arrow, is depressing to play this class lately. Hard to finish its cast and huge rage issues, specially in squishy mobs. Increase static field rage recovery like you did with focus on s/wl.

Is really good to see class balance isn't over and devs are back to work even harder. Keep the good work!

• Warrior / Rogue.
    I propose to remove the global cooldown from the skills "Trial Lunge" and"Open Flank". Global cooldown slows down the use of other skills. Sometimes you don't have time to use all the skills for a combination, and the Boss has already died or the second stage has begun. Or reduce the damage of the "Frenzied Attack" skill and add additional damage from the auto-attack. These changes will allow you to fully use the features of this class.

• Ch/s focus issues

I did few more tests with 200% focus regen on the vampire shot, and without using focus cost aoe it allows to maintain focus; however, this is only enough for 20 s and with 30 s cd you run into focus problem again, which makes sustain with focus skills impossible - please note this is true with just standing on boss except the push-out skill/run back, so focus issue still a major drawback of the combo.

I would like to propose the following: for the pulsing shot, change rage gain of 50 to focus gain of 50 - with skill cd of 10 s, i think that change would help navigate focus issue to a significant extent while same time wont make it care-free, since some focus management would still be required. Please consider it! Alternatively (although I would prefer you change pulsing shot), remove effect cd of 30 s on the Vampire Shot, so every 20 s one can recast to maintain the focus regen.

Another consideration, now with new shadowforge's rage skill that costs 3% hp, coupled with the BA that takes 5 % HP, ch/s life is hard... I wonder if something can be done about that? Maybe decrease the BA dot down to 3% from 5% for ch/s combo? That way 3% + 3% = 6% dot bit more manageable for heals than 8% hp, I think would help alot.

Regards,

Rakot

• I suggest to change "Defensive Formation" that it won't reduce attack values (p-attack and m-attack) anymore and make it usable "Berserk", that all classes with warrior main or secondary class can benefit of an additional defense buff without loosing attack and make they not one-shot in RoFL if Berserk is active.

Or: Remove the defense reduction of "Berserk" (would be easier ^^)

• -M/R, if we can't spam purge anymore what should we use? Rest of sustained dmg skill in this class aren't even enough. Give a non gcd spammable shadow stab.

Totally agree. This class can atm, and I know this is an extreme example, go into an instance, activate "Gift of the Baron", press follow to any memeber and after some time loot bosses (or let your pet loot). The only thing this combo had was it's aoe damage and now it has nothing. We asked for better burst damage and you gave us less aoe damage, which, honestly, I can't understand why.

-W/M, before testing its dmg which it can be improved or nerfed just changing the numbers if its necessary, for the class design, I think it is a good idea to have Electrical Rage without global cd so stack up x3 dmg isn't a tragedy specially on mobs.

First and foremost. Thank you!! Thank you for making Warrior/mage viable again!

I completly agree with the Electrical rage suggestion. Also while aoe damage got buffed, it is still pretty low in comparison to other classes (physical and magical). Single target/burst is quite good.

Other mdps I couldn't test yet but will in the future but from previous times I played them I have to agree with Madoxx.

Greetings.

• Another thing I wanted to sugest, again, is that music instruments won't share a cooldown and that Storm Assault (495132) and Regal Cry (495130) don't overwrite each other. As often mentioned from different people before most raids are either magical or physical orrientated.

In my case, e.g., our raid support is mostly pdps orientated, which frustrates me as mdps quite a lot, because in order to deal the most damage I could, I would need gitarre and storm assault but since we have only pdps we use lute and regal cry (which is better for the overall raid damage!).

There are only a few classes that benefit from both physical and magical support so there won't be a new "OP" combo if this would be changed.

I just wanted to ask if this would be possible/will be considered in the future, since we didn't get an answer the last time we asked.

Greetings.