Posts by melodic

Ravinous

I see your point and also understand very well, how hard it can be to do runs with very few players available, especially while still being in the process of gearing up.

I was not able to do proper testing of the latest change, but if at any point HoTs have become as low so that to cast them not worth your time anymore, the 50% reduce was indeed too much.

I dont think changing the heal output depending on the kind of content players are in is a good idea. It should be the same everywhere.

However to adress the problems you have, a change in how healing scales with wisdom generally might help.

As far as I know healing increases linear to increased wisdom, changing this to non-linear growth (maybe even only from a certain wisdom-value upwards) would work.

So that players with low wisdom profit more for each point of wisdom than players with very high wisdom.

On the other hand, you have to consider if your healers gear already is strong enough to solo-heal tikal in the first place.

I do not recall what wisdom values players were able to reach with sub-tikal gear back in the day, but whatever values are possible with such gear, should be enough to heal tikal.

If this is not the case anymore after recent changes, certainly there has to be done something about it.

Also remember that HoTs back in the day were even weaker than they are right now and that HoTs are only supposed to be a supporting factor of healing and not the main source of it.

Regarding endcontent and players fully geared up:

I myself am a healer that uses compareable low wisdom on his gear, so as long as my heals and HoTs are (more than) enough to heal my party to full health, healers that have more wisdom than me also should not have any problems at all.

Cheers!:thumbup:

After being able to test the different new healing combinations a little more in the past weeks, here are my thoughts on the current situation:

(Edit: I just realized this quite the chunk of text, I didnt notice that in my notes, I am very sorry for that...)

heal general:

If raid-affecting skills, especially HoTs were not to affect non-warden/cenedril pets, this would be great and maybe also increase performance.

If you did not disable player-pets and dmg numbers, the spam of green numbers from heals/hots is just too much. Sometimes even too much to see whats going on on the ground (b1 chests, b2 circles).

Having all (visual) effects of the game enabled should not have a negative impact on gameplay (...not considering performance issues, which is a completely different story).

priest general:

lv100 ISS Divine Shield: 5sec of 80% dmgreduce with only 80 range and a cd of 4minutes was once quite the big deal, but after lots of changes you made this has become pretty weak. warlocks, knights, druids and some priests all have way more effective dmgreduces.

warlocks lv85 ISS with 8sec of 90% dmgreduce with 100range and just 90sec CD is just BUSTED AF compared to this skill.

Group Heal: honestly we are at a point where you should reconsider changing this skill to heal the entire raid. Now we have so many skills healing entire raid, not just mother earths fountain anymore.

I am aware that this will significantly increase raid healing capabilities overall, but compared to other skills this one is just too weak.

all in all having this many skills affecting the entire raid was imho a bad decision. Once again I remember the good old times, where you had to have a heal in each party, not just 2 anywhere in the entire raid, beccause so many healing skills+buffs affect up to 36 players instead of just 6.

whats the downside of needing one heal in each single party, except one dps less having the benefits from party-only buffs, which again have become quite rare nowadays...?!

druid general:

lv90 ISS Return of Light: 60 Range is pretty low compared to other skills and usual positioning of players during fights, to be able to use this skill effectively. Increasing range to 100-150 would help alot.

lv100 ISS Lava Effect (lv65 Soul Soothe): Most fears last not long enough to react to them, stop casting/wait for gcd and then remove the fear with this skill and still being worth your time. Changing these skills to remove fears and give target an immunity buff vs fears just as the p/k lv35 Calm Heart does, would certainly help.

priest/druid:

lv40 Healing Void: visual effect lags quite badly, pls consider changing it to something more subtle.

lv60 Mana Retention: manareg is way too high, noone has this much mana - include runtime in tooltip

lv70 Chain of Life: dmg taken by chain of life still interrupts playing instruments, which makes it almost impossible for this class to play them during combat. changing the skills dmgtype to the same as bloodarrow or holy candle would help.

priest/warden:

nothing significant to mention here, I like this class very much and it also seems to be fairly balanced.

druid/priest:

lv30 Holy Teachings: idea to make staffs more viable is nice, but as long as heal-amount is this high compared to hp-values of players, its still not worth losing the benefits a shield/talisman provides. (same for p/d lv20 Elven Teachings)

lv35 Master of Regenerate: maybe create a new buff for this skill that adds the effects of those two hots together into on, having 4x ticks from this elite alone really spams the screen and combatlog with green numbers, especially for the caster.

lv45 Curing Wave: I like the skilldesign, but sadly its somehow useless on this class with mother earths fountain and all its HoTs.

lv70 Saviour of Light: in my eyes 52% dmg reduce is too much, combined with the CD-reducing function. In a full raid with 36 players you would need only 7 druids to have a permanent dmg reduce of 52%+HoT.

(btw: imagine the healoutput on the entire raid just from HoTs with 7 Druid/priests (which on top can be "played" by alts with makros) for 36 players...thats just crazy!!)

On the other hand, in small raids (<12) the CD-reduce is not really worth to mention.

druid/champ:

I like the concept behind this class very much, there are just two downsides:

I have not figured out any situation where the teleport-to-mechanism skill for the raid is actually helping and not only a fun extra. being teleported to a random location right next to the mechanism and not directly into it, like p/wl does, also makes this less useful.

at current movementspeeds players are more mobile and have more accurate positioning within a >150 radius while just running, compared to this teleportation. so maybe increase the range to more than just 150.

second downside is general mobility of the class and its mechanism. a raid moves way more than just 300 range in 30sec and even during many bossfights its hard to have as many players as possible benefit from the mechanisms.

one suggestion to solve it would be to change lv30 elite Vital Escape to teleport your mechanism to you instead you to them. this will increase the mobility of this class and make it more attractive to play. plus the aggro-reset is practicly useless on this skill.

lv40 Mechanism Implosion: having this pulling/charging thing instead of teleporting is pretty bad, casting and stunned and rooted mobs will not move, I still dont get it why you implemented this charge instead of teleport anyway...

lv70 Enlightened Formation: the hp/def increase seems to be pointless, since this class is not designed to particularly tank anything. despite the 100% more aggro, heals do not generate more aggro than any tank does with one hit. Even in the unlikely case that you did tank anything with this class/skill, you would not want to lose that buff after just 30sec.

warden/priest:

I would say the least attractive healing combo out there atm, similar pet to priest/warden, but only 2 skills for active healing and no usable ISS.

Its just boring AF and inferior in healing output AND offensive+defensive supporting to other healing classes.

Having a main priest and a main druid for buffs is almost mandatory in raids, there simply is no more room for this class as it is, to make any difference.

Lacking important buffs and a res without CD, this class will also never be played as a solo heal.

lv25 Focused Aide: should at least give same +healing% as healing salve/healing seed and/or stack with them.

lv30 Summon Divine Oak Walker: I believe the pet is still not working as the tooltip says, considering the additional instant heal procced by urgent heal if target is below 60%.

lv40 Grand Auro: with just 3sec on raid its far inferior to for example knight/mages and knight/druid holy shield, despite having 1 min less CD.

lv45 Natures Aide: 1% MP reg is not that great. players will practicly not get OOM on this class without additional manadrain and if your mana gets somehow drained, these 30% every 2min will not help more than using a manapot. same is for the pet and IF it somehow would get OOM, you can just resummon it.

lv70 Angels Prayer: as this is the only res for this class, its CD should not be 5min. I would reduce it to 2-3min and add a healing decrement like for priests and druids ISS res.

I hope this is not too much of a wall of text, but I wanted to be able to compare all combos to each other, thus giving feedback on all at once.

And again, I am very thankful for all the effort the team puts into this.:saint:

>here< are the patchnotes for the ISS rework, only a few changes have been done to them after that.

For all other skills, especially elite skills that were changed during the class balancing, i also would recommend using charplan or itempreview2 (both available on coa.curseforge.com) to check the clients database for skills.

there have been tons of changes over the time and digging through all those patchnotes might be more confusing than helping.

Cheers!

I just tried fullscreen mode, after always playing in windowed fullscreen.

i can confirm the alt+tab issue.

I did not have more fps, but way less, 9-15 by just standing around doing nothing, during bossfight fps dropped to max. 5.

after changing back to windowed fullscreen and restarting the client the fps kept to be the same, rebooting helped to solve that performance issue.

All this changes nothing about the performance issues i previously mentioned.

During all that I had a CPU and GPU usage of aroud 20%, same as always.

Cheers!

guys i just give you are ideas, write also what is in your mind but please dont want reduce skills just make strong mobs or bosses. thanks

The reason why ppl suggest some skills to be reduced/weakened in this thread is mainly not because the instance is too easy, but because those skills are too strong compared to other skills/classes.

Thats why this is called a "class balancing".

Balancing endcontent definitely should be done on the instance side of the game, not the classes/skills side, since for instances there is way less balancing to do than for players' classes.

But again, this is not the purpose of this thread and not the motivation of those making suggestions in here.

Making rofl harder was a thing ppl suggested quite a while ago, shortly after its release, however those suggestens were partly denied and partly ignored.

So I guess the ship for real endcontend has sailed for now and all we can do is hope for what is to come... &)

If you decide on what gear you want to build, you know what you are getting into and should have taken the pros and cons into consideration, knowing that you will not be able to play certain classes/roles is one of them.

This also applies to newcomers.

Once they tried all the melee classes, got to know them and invested/finished their gear, I would not consider them newcomers anymore.

When they have finished their gear, it is quite easy to trade gear for gear on this server, if they actually do not like the classes/roles they played and now prefer another one. There is no real additional investment necessary if they decide to do that.

I dont believe this game needs some diversity-option for players who blindly invest their money/time in gear for a class they know nothing about, so they would not know if that classes playstyle suits them or not. The starter gear everyone gets for free here is strong enough to test a class without investing anything into the game.

So looking at it from that point of view, every newcomer gets an extra chance to try out classes/roles for free.

It is only a thought, I did not say that it should be implemented.

more of a rhetorical question: if that is so, why did you support that suggestion with positive points then? :/

I am against such cross-dressing classes as well. If you decide on what gear you want to build, you know what you are getting into and should have taken the pros and cons into consideration, knowing that you will not be able to play certain classes/roles is one of them.

And everyone who build a second or third gear does that to a disadvantage to their first gear, because every diamond they spent on their second gear, they could also have spent on their first one to make that even stronger.

Thats the price you pay for more diversity and in my opinion thats fine. Getting everything for free is just getting spoiled.

.ini files are not allowed to upload:

heres also a list of my addons, i dont think any of those in particular should have worse performance than before:

e8e8d82bfa771b6be0b7fc626af93348.png

https://gyazo.com/e8e8d82bfa771b6be0b7fc626af93348

I recorded the last bit of the run, if seeing that helps to determine where the issues are, just let me know.

Thanks for looking into this

Cheers!

We just ran rofl a second time, this time with a full raid and we also had huge performance issues. some ppl always ~16fps with settings as always before the patch, my fps varied from 8-40 all the time while raid was fighting, even if i myself didnt do anything.

we could not pin this down to any addons since we all are using different ones, so i guess this is a client issue.

worst lags/fps drops were observed while applying (multiple) buffs like HoTs on the raid.

only 3/12 ppl had no issues or even performance improvements, for everyone else it got worse.=O

you lose your psi in certain rhythms while out of combat, same as rage, so if you got the right timing, it would work out of combat and if you dont, it wont. In combat it should work 100%.

I dont believe there are any bugs with this.

Effortlessly, boredom was sarcasm, but obviously you are too serious and don't get the joke.

Of course am I serious about this, so why should i expect sarcasm here?

The whole point of this thread is giving valid feedback to the devs for the balancing process that is going on, supporting your opinion with observations and test results.

If you are not going to do that, but rather joke about other peoples suggestions, you should not participate here at all, since that behaviour is less than constructive.

...and btw: i am using 2x sta/sta, 2x sta/wis and 2x wis/wis, AFTER adjusting to the previous balacing and i still have more than enough wisdom with those stats, so again, do not worry about having to redo your gear if the wisdom scaling is adjusted properly ;)

Cheers!

I play dps from time to time as well, but its not what I want to play all the time.

If the scaling of wisdom would be reduced, compared to now, you would need more wisdom for the same amout of healing, so if you already have a full wisdom gear, you would not have to change anything...in fact, you should change your gear now if you have full wisdom, since that grants you way too much wisdom and healing than anywhere necessary, sacrificing too much sustainability ;)

Do you even have any valid arguements for healing amount not to be reduced, except "i dont want it to"?!

Can you name us any situations where you do not heal way too much right now?

Being lazy isnt a valid point as well, go play solitaire or candy crush if you dont want to make any effort.

In a decent party with enough dps is almost impossible to do on mobs such a long cast just to get the plasma arrow debuff on, specially in some parts of rofl where there are lot of squishy mobs.

It says range 200 well, in reality it has only 80 range making it useless in every mob phase of instance, once the pet reach that distance and start casting, mobs are gone.

Well, this certainly sounds like mobs do die too fast in that "endcontent" instance not only in our guild-runs...

Please give us proper endcontent soon! :)

some unfiltered thoughts on current healing balancing:

heals are boring, brain afk spamming raid heals and HoTs

i remember times when heals actually had to make quick decisions on who to heal when and have good time management and positioning. this is all gone now and you only spam anything not caring who gets dmg.

one exmaple for this is when i am playing tank, i usually was able to regenerate mana by regularly using holy power explosion and being directly healed, now i am mainly healed just by HoTs missing out on this manareg.

another one is that having life-draining buffs up all the time does not make any difference, blood arrow from scout main and sec classes, holy candle from priests, or m/r gift of the baron(which on top is a strong raid-hot itself) and ch/wl elites do not mean any disadvantages anymore as long as heals are around, their life-drain just vanishes under all those hots.

this is mainly due to these changes:

healing skills and especially hots are scaling too much with wisdom, having 150k wis is enough to heal anyone to max. health each second, having 200k+ wis is just ridiculous amounts of healing, pls consider reducing the scaling.

we now have many heal combinations with viable healing skills and HoTs that affect the entire raid at once, making targeted healing obsolete as well as many, many more skills reducing dmg taken for the entire raid, preventing in certain situations that the raid takes dmg more than hots heal anyway.

also the class balancing brought us some raid-buffs that increase the healing taken, buffs like priests blessed pring water and k/d potent blessing make healing even more of a joke.

on top of that we have many more aoe-cc skills from tanks and dps-classes, which reduce the incoming dmg even more.

having alts follow you with makros that keep up hots and spam raid-heals is practicly as effective as having a human healer.

this fact is demotivating AF.

nowadays tanks rarely have more than 2kk hp and almost no dps has more than 1kk hp, you can heal them with 1kk+ urgent heals twice each second atm. this is simply too much.

and using urgent heal is not even necessary while having 4 ore more hots on the entire raid, 2 of them heal 2% each tick + ~100k and 2 of them heal 250k+ each tick.

at the moment using short-term buffs like healing slave/healing seed or bufffood like garlic bread or spicy kale chips or even any casting speed increasind buffs/food is just obsolete, because there are no situations where heals do not heal more than enough already.

another way to balance this issue would of course be heavily increasing the incoming dmg for raids. before the class balancing you regularly had to pause for a moment to heal the 50% dot those mantis in rofl have, now we just do not care anymore, simply charging forward into the next mobs while keeping up our hots and maybe blindly spamming mother earths fountain.

dots from other mobs in rofl are not even worth to mention, they just vanish the same way as the buffs i meantioned above.

i would make a list of skills that could need some changes, however this would practicly be all healing skills and combinations, which seem to be quite well balanced one ot another, however this might be hard to really evaluate while all of them heal way too much.

so reducing the healing amount in general would be the easier and more useful approach i guess.

please consider this, to give us heals at least some challenge in this game.

other classes have to make some effort too to be effective, why shouldnt healers.

Cheers!

Again some feedback on priest/druids Chain of Life:

reporting this might be to our disadvantage, but despite reducing the taken dmg of non-parried hits, no dmg is transferred to the caster from them now, for parried hits this works just fine now.

Furthermore there are similar issues with spells. Both critical and non-critical hits are reduced, but only from non-critical hits is dmg actually transferred to the caster.

Also DoTs are not reduced or transferred at all.

Cheers!

he only thing is the warden lacks patk to compete perfectly with other dps classes, but I believe this is a common warden problem.

I agree here, observed it as well in rofl. One option so solve this would be to grant wardens 2 points patk for each point strength instead of just 1.5, same as champions and warriors.

To prevent wardens to become too strong by this, slightly reducing their passive inscrease of 2h weapon dmg might work, otherwise individual balancing for each combionation would be necessary.

As this situation is now however, its not much fun playing any warden as dps in instances like rofl where mobs+bosses have considerable pdef.

Priest/Druid

Reduced Chain of Life bond range to 200.

This is even less range than urgent heal has with 250, at which heals stand quite often. Also playing bossevents commonly requires players to stand apart for more than 200 range resulting in the Chain breaking quite often.

Please reconsider this change, because it makes this skill quite unreliable to use, somehow contradicting the idea behind it....:/

Cheers!