Posts by melodic

I tested priest/druid some more today and we encountered several issues we already observed earlier with Chain of Life.

The transferred dmg seems to be not always 15%, but more, seen in this scene where all dmg the tank got were whitehits form Nayat, last one with 525k, resulting in 139k transferred dmg, which clearly is more than 15%, but about 26%.

https://gyazo.com/125e2c7a793bfa65cc30da787d4499c3

Also the chain does not immediately break once the caster falls below 30%, if you are below that threshold for only a brief moment, nothing happens.

I guess the worst issue is what happens when the target/tank recieves dmg from multiple sources in a short time, then not every received hit is not only stacked together into one big one for the caster, but also seems to add up by wrong calculation, seen here during Jerath event:

https://gyazo.com/60a31ef0f874728b8917b469515f3074

The tanks hp did not even flinch that much, however I got a huge dmg spike of ~1,38kk dmg, if this were 15% of the tanks recieved dmg...well, do the math urself. :D

I guess the first issue also has its effect here.

e3347c4894bc45b4271b134290655d6f.png

https://gyazo.com/e3347c4894bc45b4271b134290655d6f

So clearly something is still severely wrong with Chain of Life.

Cheers!

Knight/druid:

If Light Chains ID1490817 are used immediately after cooldown, the root effect ID 500195 is only applied for 3sec, not 6sec as it should. This occurs only for every second cast, so -> use -> 6sec root -> 15sec cd -> use -> 3sec root -> 15sec cd -> use -> 6sec root -> ...

Cheers!

the priests Regeneration buff (500469) applied by using druid/priest lv35 Master of Regeneration does not heal the 2% part on targets , although skill and buff say so.

if Regeneration is cast normally its works just fine, buff having the same buffID.

guns are listed as crossbows in AH, not as guns.

priest/druid lv70 Chain of Life: dmg taken by caster interrupts playing instruments.

warden pets stop using toggled skills without reason after some time, obversed for a while with natures christal and now with holy crystals' Curing Will, whci is more than just annoying

Holy Crystals Curing Will cast time does not scale with players cast time and does not increase with stacked buffs, stays at .9 sec although tooltip says .5 . Buffs like guitar and fire training seem to increase its casting speed.

Same goes for warden/priests Divine Oak Walker.

german clients warden/priest Divine Oak Walker skill tooltip still is the same.

german clients priest/druid Chain of Life skill tooltip still is the same.

priest/druid Chain of life does not reduce/transfer dmg taken from parried hits.

druid/knights Holy Strike description still mentions "Light Strike Punishment" to be applied to target, which it does not.

druid/knight Punishment does not heal anymore partymembers or raidmembers at all. not in range of caster nor target.

You did not mention changes to druid/priest lv20 Rain of Light tooltip and its effect in patchnotes.

Cheers!

Hey there.

As we are already allowed using the transport book inside our homes for a while now, I think it would be a great quality of life feature to also allow its use in the guild castle, as well as the use of the home sweet home and guild castle transportation runes in each guild castle and home zones.

Additionally enableing the use of the "Black Codex Transportation Spell" skill in those zones would be great. Like that we do not have to leave respective zones to be able to travel to the others, saving some loading screens and time (and some crashes) while for example preparing for ini runs.

I dont know of any negative impact changes these would have, but if you can think of any then please share. :)

Cheers!

It is giving buff to members within same raid, as I thought you meant it isn't giving "extra" physical defense, I only tested given buff.

No it is not. The buff with ID 1501004 from priest/warden with lv20 elite skill is NOT, I repeat, NOT applied to raid members, but only to party members. So they naturally do not get any mdef OR pdef boost. For partymembers this both works just fine.

In other words, a tester who never tested Druid/Mage ( so don't have leveled up mentioned skill ) can't notice this issue.

I understand what happened here. I wouldnt have thought of such a possibility as well, however, as you see, while testing for live server its helpful to meet the conditions players have.

Since many players play multiple classes and have their elite skills, which also very often are maxed out, creating these conditions for testing other combinations as well might prevent unforeseeable issues like this.

Nevertheless, thanks a lot for clarifying, I found this fact quite interesting. &)

Cheers!

priest/druid

lv30: what HP usage is that skill talking about?

Divine Knowledge:

https://gyazo.com/ceab6479505b8b2d2ed9a0f89d3b6d59

Soul Bond

https://gyazo.com/6abd29b167a690b3c3821f863d3d8ebd

Holy Candle

https://gyazo.com/5d31fea0809af6b0ab395ca4411c27d7

German client is different. Also in your description you can see the (wrong) 900 seconds of bufftime for Soul Bond.

I thought you meant it is giving only magical defense to raid members, will be fixed.

If you had tested properly for not giving magical defense on raid members, you should also have noticed that this specific buff does not apply at all to raidmembers.

Thank you for sharing your idea. I am well aware of creation phase of skills since it is prepared by myself, and last 2 weeks were spent on testing skills by DEV team. We are trying to test it as much as possible and I can assure you much more than current reported bugs were fixed during these tests.

So how come that skills which give players 30kk+ hp, pets that cast but do not heal with them, units that are not supposed to be affected by certain skills still are and ranges do not fit their description make it into the live patch?

I do not doubt that you may have done any testing at some point and already fixed multiple issues, but you cannot tell me you did not notice a buff has +104 effects while it should have +0 effects when you tested it.

Such huge and obvious bugs must not go unnoticed.

I still appreciate all the work you do very much, improving this game I had not expected.

However like this the game and everything connected to classes/skills and running instances is just pure chaos for players, who also do not know when this is supposed to end, which is very discouraging.

Id rather bear with delays and see content released later, giving more time to test thoroughly and solve issues, than having to deal with a situation with so many ongoing changes, bugs and frustration.

Cheers!:thumbup:

I hope this order of your replies is correct, wasnt the best way to structure your answer:

druid/champ

lv40: caster also charges the ward, not mentioned in tooltip

- Caster is also a raid member

I am talking about the lv40 elite, not the lv35 (which indeed allows all raid members to use teleport skill).

the lv40 elite does only mention specificly enemies and no raid members and not the player. check your skills.

lv70: i believe you already know about the issue, the reason is it should not be skilled to +104

- It should have been fixed with recent server restart ( 31.10 09:30 CET ), please let me know if you tested it after this

I wasnt even online at that time. All testing I have done was after than that. Skill is just not useable and in the skillframe it is shown as a non-skillable skill wich reasonable values, while being shown as a +104 skill in chat and action bar tooltips, obviously having the +104 effect before it was disabled.

Other skills seem to have similar issues with the +104, for example lv30 Knight/champ elite. This one however has the effect of a +0 skill.

druid/priest

lv20: heals each second, but tooltip says every other second.

- It has same meaning.

each second = once every second, healing 10 times in 10 seconds

every other second = once every two seconds, healing 5 times in 10 seconds

Common english, use any translator.

priest/warden

lv25: magical barrier does not affect raid members, as the tooltip says

- I just tested it and it was working properly for caster and raid members, could you provide more information?

Test it again properly as priest/warden and you will see that "normal" version from other classes is raidbuff, but this version not. :rolleyes:

priest/druid

- Holy Candle is consuming 6% HP per second, which is 3% with this passive.

This skill is talking about Soul Bond not Holy Candle, which usually has 30min cd and bufftime, here this is actually reduced to 15min cd and 15min bufftime, however I just noticed that Soul Bonds tooltips still say 30min.

However the lv30 elite does indeed reduce Holy Candles hp-consumption by half properly, there is no mention of this skill in its tooltip. Thats why I asked what HP usage this is about.

As you did not reply to all the other skills, I believe you do acknowlegde all their issues and I am looking forward to their fixes with next patch. :thumbup:

Please do not take this as any offense, but rather as extended feedback on your actions:

Obviously you do not know that much about those new skills (yet) and you should try to take players feedback more serious, because WE are your beta testers for this after all. There is no way you have done any testing to these new combos before releasing them, otherwise there would be many, many less issues.

Even your "preparation" for your reply was rather sloppy.

Cheers!:)

I made a "small" list while testing out the new heal combos. I didnt really take balancing into account and just focused on bugs, however I feel lots of those combos are way too strong in overall healing output/dmg reduce/raid support.

As there is no suited feedback thread for this patch and I am too lazy to create individual bug reports for this many, i will just dump my list here. its just copy+paste, so if anything is unclear please tell me so.

general

varius fear removing effects such as VN rings and p/k elite do not work vs various fear effects that are marked as fears after a few patches ago.

druid/champ

lv20: teleport ability also is given within 150 range, tooltip says 100 range. here again the new charge functionality makes this practicly useless, not only due to low range.

lv25: a skill that permanently provides more rage in and out of combat than the class can effectively use, makes this ressource kind of irrelevant.

lv30: why is this skill an actual teleport and not a charge like the others. teleport placement seems to be kind of random around the ward.

lv35: stun/silence range is more than 80 but 150, different form what the tooltip says.

lv40: caster also charges the ward, not mentioned in tooltip

lv45: has no effect at all.

lv70: i believe you already know about the issue, the reason is it should not be skilled to +104

druid/priest

lv20: heals each second, but tooltip says every other second.

lv25: stone animation stays the entire bufftime, completely hiding your char, which is funny for a bit, later on just annoying

lv30: useless, since heals are even after healing rework way higher and more effective than needed, so noone needs to use 2h staff, not to mention using this buff.

lv40: tooltips do not name the 5sec runtime for raidmembers buff.

lv70: effects only show as sysID_name in combat log.

priest/warden

lv25: magical barrier does not affect raid members, as the tooltip says

lv35: buff has no real tooltip, only shown given positive values in green

movementspeed+mp buff does not disappear after lv85 ISS it summoned

the pets healing does not trigger at all

the passive skill should not show up in the pets action bar

possibility to return the pet would be useful, same as for the lv85 ISS pet

lv15: briar buff shows given positive values in green, same as lv35 elite

priest/druid

lv70: tooltip does not mention the CD for the healing procc

(great mechanics, not too strong class)

not exactly connected to recent changes, but this has been bothering me for a while now:

priest/warlock

lv20 elite healing effect is reduced by about half with each target hit, resulting in very inconsitent heals and the most distant target (mostly tanks) being healed by almost nothing.

Cheers!;(

Edit:

druid/knight

lv50: holy strike and lv50 passive tooltips say the buff required for punishment is applied to target, not yourself. also says nothing about 15sec runtime.

lv60: punishment heals in 100 range around the caster, not the target as said in tooltip.

...and I was surprised at first that no skills were buggy here.... :whistling:

Once you have 200 mementos, you can get the Kodex Transport Book from a Black Kodex trader in Kampel, Land of Malevolence. There all instances are listed and you can transport to each one of them.

Have fun!

Thanks a lot so far Shino! :thumbup:

Adding IDs to the db for custom items like cards, runes and bufffood would be useful, same as buttons to select the individual bag pages I - XII...this would be a lot of buttons in the end, so maybe an option to (de-)select buttons to show can help, I guess this might be too much to ask for, though... :saint:8o

Cheers!

Router reset -> new IP and IP restrictions can, if they are not done wisely and correctly, harm players, which did not anything

If you reset your router after you cleared DN, you still have your debuff, so thats not an issue here.

So you only need to restrict how many chars may enter the same instance of DN and having 100 ppl from the same IP adress enter the same instance should not really be a problem, especially with whitelisting. ;)

Cheers!

I guess not, because this would still allow players to solo it with alts, which is what OP is talking about I believe.

Entrance would have to be IP restricted (unless whitelisted), not the debuff.

I guess not.

This works not anymore because the target(s) will peform the dash but will be stunned instantly which cancels the dash.

So yet again I ask why this teleport/dash change was made, just seems brainless to me.

- If you have any ideas on how to improve our server and your gaming experience or encounter any bugs, feel free to visit our board to submit any suggestions or reports there. Our team appreciates all input and feedback.

- Make sure to regularly check the patchnotes on our homepage for the most recent changes to the game client.

"Replaced pull by teleport mechanic to force dash."

I really dislike the change you made here. This makes the p/wl lv35 elite quite useless, since it does not work anymore in two situations:

1. If the target is casting, hence not being able to make the dash.

(I bet this also is the case for control impairing effects, didnt test yet though)

2. If the target is already too close to you, not performing the dash at all.

Before this skill was quite useful for (minimal) position adjustments, especially when the target was not able to move itself, now you could just delete this skill, because I cannot think of any situation where the skill will be actually helpful in its current state. Especially with this new time delay while dashing and the fact, that the target has to actually cross the distance/terrain to get to you.

What I dont understand is why make this change at all, since the skill was working perfectly fine, for years - and the lv60 elite still works the same as before...so what was the issue?!

Please revert this asap or the p/wl will become even more unattractive than it already got recently.

Edit: Just tested with cc effects: Does not work - hence its a totally useless skill now.

I agree that the skill in its current state has a nice mechanic, however is practicly just laborious and unpleasant to use.

I dont think that any reduce in healing from 100% is necessary, but having the seed drop directly into your targets inventory would be an improving change to make this skill more attractive and used more often.

It should stay unbound and unique, to still be able to send it via mail to someone who is not in casting range while not making it too strong.

I appreciate this suggestion!

Cheers:thumbup:

My idea would also give diversity since a lot of people play multiple roles, hence could use different stats - for example i play dps or tank, so i would likely farm to gain str and sta stats; someone else plays say healer and mage dps, so they would farm wis and int and maybe even sta, and so on - that would really make stats combo diverse and tailored to how different people play in terms of roles or different combos - thus increased diversity.

As you only gave examples for players who play these different classes already anyway, there would be no increase in diversity, all those players would just get stronger chars while switching between all those combionations...so...yeah...X/

Exactly, everyone uses the same optimal stats and runes (except those who use dex/patk runes on chain gear, lol), so what makes you think players would behave differently concerning this new feature?

This is what I was pointing out, just because you add something which can create more diversity, does not mean it will do so, if players do not use already existing features to create diversity.

everyone would just distribute those points according to how they stat their gear.

You should let this sink in a little more.

Comment that more active players will become stronger is silly, of course, since this is always the case and does make sense if you are more active you become stronger by having better gear etc, my idea wont change that.

I was not comparing more active players with less active players, which of course would be silly, but with the games content. I clearly wrote that.

So running instances will get even more easy, simple and boring than it already is for players with strong gear, so whats the point in introducing a feature which allows characters to grow even stronger?

1kk TP are easily farmed in less than 5min, I wouldnt do this even once, since theres no point as heal/tank for any additionaly stats, but depending on the cost for each amulet insane values would be possible quite quickly.

And in case more players, who did not do so before, would actually be motivated to grind like this, they would generate even more clean and dirty stones, reducing prices for them even more allowing even stronger gears to exist on the server on top of those amulets bonus, allowing content to become even easier...resulting in even more active players to leave, who actually value challenging content.

If the amulets' cost were the limiting factor and not time for grinding, I doubt anyone would really use this feature at all if its more expensive than gearing up or would just use this feature, if it is cheaper than gearing up...not to mention the p2w factor...so again, whats the point of it all?

...And still all those useless tp would just be stacking up to eternity...so again, whats the point of it all?

If it is about getting even stronger chars, I am strongly against it.

If it is about even more players grinding easy mode instances, since thats the most efficient way to farm tp and t6 items simultaneously, I am against it all the same, since it will only result in chars getting even stronger.

I thought your motivation for this suggestion was to make TP somehow useful, but it seems you only want another opportunity to grind in this game, which will result in a bigger gap between old/active players and new/less active ones and ultimately more work for beginners to catch up.

As a newbie for me this would be a discouraging factor on this server, thus not being healthy for it.

Now I was kind of comparing more active players with less active players, however in a not silly way.

Cheers!

Not a bad idea, however what would be the point of this?

All those amulets are filled passively to the tp/xp you gain, so new players will profit from this feature even while they gather tp to max out their skills and those who already maxed out their skills will still gather useless tp.

Also should there be a maximum of points that can be added to your char (per attribute)?

I think there has to be, otherwise its possible to increase your stats infinitely, making very active players even stronger compared to the games content.

So where to set this limit, for the whole feature to not be obsolete from the beginning?

Also if there were such a limit, ppl would just solo grind tomb of souls or any high-tp-gain area with buffs for a while, until they are done and then...guess what, the feature is obsolete and all we got is even higher stats.

If you want to have more stats on your char by grinding, grind something to make diamonds and stat all your gear one or two or three tiers higher, same effect in the end. You will even have to repeat or keep up that grind for your next gear and the server also has its revenue. ;)

Or grind honour partys with alts to collect soul points, they basicly already do what you suggested, just with a very low effort/reward-ratio. ^^

Diversity on chars with the same classes can be achieved by statting your gear differently or using different runes, which is one of the main features of this game, so I dont believe we need something new to create more diversity, everyone would just distribute those points according to how they stat their gear.

As I said, I like the idea itself to have something for those hundreds of thousands TP which are just stacking up there, but I feel like there has to be more to it than you just proposed and I cant think of any way to make this new feature neither obsolete nor unbalanced.

Well...in case you are not being sarcastic...thanks for the kind words :saint:

These are ideas that urgently need to be implemented for the COA. But if other ideas are requested I can offer many more suggestions. Have a nice day. Good work. Good luck.

These quite drasticly formulated lines just left the impression that this game is not worth to play for you in the state it is.

I didnt mean to actually defend CoA, but rather wanted to point out that, in my opinion, copying features that are working great in their respective games is not the correct way to improve any game and that you should not stick around a game that is not suited for you as it is. Would be a waste of your time.

Others, including the PlayerNet team, might be thinking differently about this and maybe will hold on to one of your ideas, so suggesting them never is a bad thing.

As far as I know the team appreciates every single suggestion, regardless of accepting or denying it, so feel free to submit all you have up your sleeve. &)

I am happy to hear you will still spend time here on this server and I wish you all the fun you can have here.

Cheers! :thumbup:

Honestly I dont see any reason why these unique game mechanics from other MMOs should be implemented here.

CoA has great game mechanics as it is, may they be unique or not, if you want to enjoy the features you mentioned, just play the games you mentioned.

Having everything in one/every game would be kind of boring, because then there would be no more diversity in games.

Class combinations that did not have any elite skills up to now, will actually get them. This has been confirmed a while ago and you already can find those eliteskills in the game clients data, so it shouldnt take too long anymore until you can use those.

..and I dont really understand what you mean by "stat points".

If you are talking about talent points, I dont think they should be unbound from professions, since to master a profession (-> lvling up your skills) you will need to spend time with it and should not profit from the talent points you earned on other professions.

If you are not talking about talent points but actual stat points, there every class has their specific set of base points that just scales with your lvl on that class, allowing them to be manually distributable wouldnt make much difference, since their sum it less than 9k and by gearing up you will get tens of thousand of them.

Having those points as fixed values is just another (unique) game mechanic of CoA, which differ this game from others.

If all this does not suit you and CoA is not a great game for you with the features it provides and without the features you suggested, again, you should not be playing CoA but rather those games you mentioned.