Posts by melodic

So after a while I ran today as d/p in a larger raid again and I must say on this class I still experience significant performance issues.

Most likely responsible for this are the two HoTs cast by "Blossoming Life" for the entire raid (buffID 500469 and buffID 503795). Whenever I use it, my fps drop immedeatly and while they are active, I have a lag every 2 seconds, corresponding to each heal trigger they have.

https://gyazo.com/bbf5273e61dc9fe8dc76865292c47e9d

In this screenshot you can see a raid with 10 characters and a more or less constant fps while nothing is happening. As soon as I used "Blossoming Life", my fps drop in the pattern described. While using "Rain of Light" (buffID 1501066) however, I dont experience these issues, so propable they are connected to the %-heal of those HoTs.

In this case I was testing without most addons (especially without smartBB and Ikarus).

https://gyazo.com/b7e03888e1e1ba39f942df2ae5dd921c

This is the same situation with only 7 characters - the drops are not as bad as with more players, but still you can clearly see the issue. In this run I has all my addons installed and active, including Ikarus and smartBB and they definitely do not cause the lags.

https://gyazo.com/eba25c7742c84625d34bf92ad4030fba

Here you see the fps drops during a bossfight and the significant lag the moment when I rebuff "Blossoming Life" for 10 chars. Here also playing without addons.

During b3 there is not too much going on, but when the whole raid is active, buffing and dealing dmg, the overall fps are lower and these lags caused by HoTs are worse and even more annoying.

I hope this helps a little to finally solve these performance issues.

Cheers!:thumbup:

Changed Knee Ulcer to Curse of Widow; [...]

I think dark moon should be a 15 min buff, druids have really low mattack and no ISS so it requires this as a perma skill (dwl have mattack part covered tho). Remove heal part aswell. Probably remove also the party crit buff, make it self buff. [...]

-Speed Catalysis: Temporarily raises the attack speed and casting speed of party members within a range of 150 by 20% for 20 seconds. 5 min cd. Change this into self buff, 30% cast speed, 90s cd.

I cannot say that much about the strength of mdps, but this class will definitely need some better matk buffs than it currently has.

Considering ISS: Changing the dmg type of lv98 "Seed of Resonance" for this class to dark dmg should work fine, I guess? Changing the lv80 ISS to deal (dark) dmg also is an option, as it is now it is very unattractive, even for healers.

Also in case d/r becomes a proper mdps, which I like very much, it should not be able to support the raid in this extend.

Poisonous Widow Embrace. Although I apreciate the change on previous patches, atm is kinda useless. This skill have global cd and require tons of energy, which if we include new dots, it will be non viable. Change into mana and non gcd or turn it into the 3s spam skill because this druid doesn't have any and as we all know, mages and druids require 3s spam skill for burst :P

Wouldnt changing Earth Arrows to a 3sec cast work better? This will give you more Natures Power by spamming it for the "Poisonous Widow Embrace" to consume. Having a 3sec spam skill consuming all Natures Power with every cast sound not that useful to me.

These are just me humble thoughts for turning this class into a valid mdps, no idea if they actually help.:D

Edit: What I forgot to mention: For priests I would rather see the p/s instead of the p/r turned into a proper mdps, as having the p/r as a healer with extra-good casting speed can come in handy in certain situations.

Furthermore then there would be no more healing class utilizing a magical hammer, which would be kinda sad. Implementing a magical 1h hammer is something I am looking forward too. I think this would complete the set of all useful weapons and help k/m as well.

Changed Guitar instrument to provide 20% attack speed additionally.
    Changed Lute instrument to provide 20% cast speed additionally.

Thank you ! This in addition to the Storm Assault changes will make the lives of mixed raids much easier.

I totally agree, however please note that with this the overall dmg output of raids will increase even more in situations where up to now only one of the support skills/intruments was used (mainly in trashmobs).

Please take that into consideration for future raid <-> instance balancing, so that the problem of mobs dying too fast does not persist.

Cheers! :thumbup:

Well I wasnt able to test thoroughly yet, but I played tambourine once while my target got hit by Balton and the cast didnt go through...I will check again once the server is up :)

Thanks anyway for making this possible! :thumbup:

Edit: Works flawless - thanks again!

Fixed Chain of Life damage transfer was triggering combat and damage transfer was avoidable via immune effects.

Would you please allow the use of instruments while taking dmg by the Chain? Changing the taken dmg to the type of Blood Arrow and Holy Candle should solve this issue. As it is now, not being able to play instruments during fights is an unnecessary drawback to this skill.

Cheers!

Another thing, if you have enough support with you, you don't even need to stun the mobs in the big pulls, because the dmg input is minimized, I think you know what I mean, if you even can tank as scout or rogue. So in my eyes it's just a utility, not op or necessary at all.

Sooo..you are saying it wouldnt hurt if the CD would be higher? :/;)

also the 3s are required for some specific parts in rofl

and what was this about then?

You have 5 (five!) interrupts on this class, four of them are stuns and two of them are AoEs...and up to 11 players behind you who also can use CC....so no, I dont think you need to have such a low cooldown.

I guess we both made our points clear enough, so lets see what the team will decide.;)

Every Knight tank supports its raid, not only K/Ch.

Where is stunning 1/3 of the time (Electrocution Chain not even included) required in rofl?! Does the rest of your raid have zero CC?

Increasing its CD does not fail any purpose, it is a mere nerf, no redsign or such.

Hitting one HS every 20sec isnt that big of a deal, it even works on immune mobs and bosses....:/

Other Knights have more sustainability, but way less CC. And not being able to AoE stun all the time does not make this class less viable.

Especially with Electrocution Chain you dont need that much movemnt, you take one step back -> hit all mobs.

Reasonable tank balancing indeed is not possible in current content, but when you say that holding aggro never is an issue and yet the aggro multi of Shock Strike musnt be reduced, you just talk nonsense in favor of your favourite class.

Reducing the aggro-multi of skills that generate too much aggro and too often, would be one of the first reasonable steps to take when we aim to find balance.

K/Ch definetly is one of the top tiered tanks, because denying the enemy all options do deal dmg to the raid (by stunning them) is the best you can do. You cant be killed by mobs that cant deal dmg.

1) The cooldown for K/Ch of Shok Strike will remain on 3s, since its cd is generally reduced to 3s, correct?

2) Will the aggro multiplier of Shok Strike for K/Ch also be reduced? In that case please don't, this skill deals the perfect amount of aggro to use it on range in our runs, reducing it would make it kinda useless in my eyes.

Honestly I think this skill was too strong anyway. Having a 100 range mana-based AoE with 10x multi and a stun every 3 seconds is way more than any other Knight has. Combining it with Electrocution Chain makes it even stronger. The skill being "only" a cone isnt that much of a drawback on Knights, as you usually face the direction mobs are coming from anyway..... :saint:

Also I dont understand why you generally plan to change the CD to 3sec - as a dps you rarely use it and with less CD you allow all champs (main and sec) even more CC...which they do not particularly lack :/

Originally I was considering to suggest an increase of Shock Strikes CD on Knight/Champ as well to 6sec, as it normally is/was.

Another suggestion for latest cenedril changes:

Up to now only cenedrils of the same generation will give you their buffs when combined.

I think removing that generation restriction would give players more variability in chosing which cenedrils to use. So that for exmaple Tatuin is combinable with not only Ardes or Garsit, but also with all the other older steadfast and mystical cenedrils.

- Reduced Power of the Wood Spirit damage to 860 from 922.

- Reduced Whirlwind initial damage from 543% to 380%.

I would appreciate if you would stay consistent with your formulations of "to/from" and "from/to" for all notes, switching their order randomly makes the patchnotes harder to read and sometimes leads to misinterpretation and confusion.

A well done guide, this should help a lot of players to improve their tanking skills.

My respect for the time and work you put into this.

I also do not agree on all points, but this is supposed to be a guide and no discussion, just remember that there are multiple ways to success and as mentioned in VIII.: Experience brings the most improvement.

One correction though: Shackles of Light do not stun for general Knights, they only root. This makes a major difference.

What I think is the most important point is:

IX. My Kitty / Macro

DO - NOT - USE - KITTY or any other combat engine, [...]

I see several tanks ingame that are talking/asking about a tank makro, using them is the worst thing you can do as a Knight, for given reasons, I just have to emphasize that once more.

P.S.: You might want to add a section for ISS, as they also are an important factor to all Knights.

The localization of the skill "Offensive Sacrifice" [1501182] is wrong in english and german language, the buff says 210% and 105% per stack, which obviously have wrong decimal digits, I guess.

The stackable buff [1501146] however has the correct decimal digits, but provides only 20% def with 10 stacks, which should be 21% if the 210% in the skills description only have the decimal digits wrong.

Please check this and adjust the tooltips.

Revised Knight Beginner equipment to have more physical attack.

I wanted to suggest this for weeks now, but always forgot to actually do that:

You might want to change the healers beginner gear as well. Its current state is still pre-balancing and it has too much stamina and too low healing bonus and wisdom to be really viable as a healing gear. A little matk however would be helpful as well for questing/farming etc.

Cheers! :thumbup:

- Reduced Flaming Heart Strike Psi renewal amount to 1 from 3.

Why? Just Why? You make gaining Psi easier by buffing lv75 ISS in the past and introducing new lv104 ISS recently and now trying to nerf it for only wl/m?

Also with this change you make this skill almost obsolete, because casting Psychic Arrows with below 1sec castspeed is faster AND deals more dmg than using this skill. And reaching <1sec castspeed is fairly easy as wl/m. You guys should know that.

Please reconsider this change or at least give some reasoning for it...:/

Cheers!

I dont like the naming of a "hell mode" or "diamond mode". Just switch current NM to easy, current HM to normal and add new hard mode, in case you decide on adding a third difficulty.

In my opinion however two difficulty settings should be enough, as long as the NM is balanced good enough for effort/loot compared to the current HM.

On the other hand, seeing a really, really hard variant of instances, which is not that much about the loot but more about the accomplishment would be quite interesting. :)

So maybe tactics depended on % of boss? random tactics on 90, 85, 80, something like that

This would remove any "flow" from that bossfight, because 5% are like nothing at the bosses current HP amount. Every dps will hate this, because then there is almost no point in using buffs during this fight, as most of them get wasted during event phases.

Increaseing the HP to force more event phases by lengthening the fight sounds good.

I love all the changes you plan for rofl, I never thought you would still change stuff in rofl that late after release. Thank you for that!!!!

Changed Khat in Realm of Forgotten Legends Hard Mode to electrify everyone in room if someone gets catched by a small lightning.

As others already mentioned: Before you change b2 circles, please make sure they always spawn for everyone with the same delay, having them sometimes spawn only very shortly before you take dmg gives you almost no time to react, especially while having low performance, which itself drops even more when all those circles spawn.

Sometimes I see ppl moving from their circles before I even see my circles.

Every creature killed will inflict 2% damage to tactic object.

Edit: nvm, I cant read ?( - All fine here! :D

Changed cenedril buffs to be passive effects.

Love to seem them as passive. I just talked with ppl about suggesting to remove their gcd and reduce their cooldown a few days ago, seeing this change now is very convenient and apprechiated! :thumbup:

Added Earth Core Fragment to Realm of Forgotten Legends Normal Mode last boss. (3 Earth Core Fragment provides 1 Earth Core when used.)

I doubt that this change alone will lead to more ppl running normal, many guilds (for wich HM might be too ahrd) have more than 6 players, so running NM wouldnt be a real option anyway. Also this random loot chance at endboss (unless you already changed that) promises only quite a low reward, as you do not really save any time in running NM.

Furthermore some changes applied to HM would have to be applied to NM as well, for exmaple the possibility to stun and root mobs, which you never added to NM, making trashmobs there even harder than in HM.

In my opinion you would somehow have to reduce the runtime of NM to max. 2/3 of that for HM, to encourage players to run it. I dont know if they are already reduced (havent been to NM in ages) but having only 1 stack instead of 2 on each boss at b1 might be one way to do that. Partys have less dps-players there anyway.

As I cant thank you enough for planning these changes, I want to do that at this point once more, reading that really encouraged me! :love:

I will not discuss details any further, the only thing I wanted to express that you seem to disregard certain factors to support your point, solely seen by you using that scrutinizer from a random run. Suchs screenshots just say absolutely nothing about class balancing and only are misleading.

Period.

One more edit:

Also please note that this thread is not supposed to be that much about discussions on who is right and who is wrong, but to give feedback. So this back and forth about rogues might be more distracting for the devs than actually helping. Saying that you made different observations than others and what they are and under what circumstances on a certain topic should be enough....&)

R/w (Ramer) vs random party.

https://ibb.co/hK1W9w0

What you forgot to mention here is that:

a) Elprese and Johnkopytko did 0 dmg at b3

b) Snickars came to b2 and was afk before b4

c) Ramer has 2x t16 weapons and ultimate gear one or more tiers higher (t13) than anyone else in that run.

So as long as you make balancing propositions based on such scrutinizers, I would not say that they are valid.

Edit:

1,5kkk more than mage

Note that this raid had full pdps support and zero mdps support, as well as m/d being a rather weak mage combo afaik. So you can reduce the rogues overall dmg by ~15% to adjust for support differences. Does it still look that bad then?!