New function

• Hey,

while writing some luas i encounterd a problem

You can use the function "UseSkill(a,b)" to cast a spell from the Skillbook. But you dont have ANY function to cast Setskills from the (equipped) menu. Something like

"UseSetSkill(class in id, number)

Incase its a good idea, here are some infos that could help

-- return values --

GetSuitSkill_List(class, skillID) returns name, texture path and index(no clue whats that)

-- count setskills --

Since the Skillbook counts the spells on each page via GetNumSkill(i) i made a counting func for setskills aswell

Code
    function countSetskills(number)
        local i = 0
        if GetSuitSkill_List(number, 0) ~= nil then
            repeat
                i = i + 1
            until GetSuitSkill_List(number, i) == nil
        end
        return i
    end

number is the class number (warrior 1, scout 2, rogue 3 ...; can be returned by GetClassInfoByID(number))

other spells like GetSkillCooldown(a,b) would need an addition/new cd func aswell, this this is based off the skillbook aswell (a = skilltab (general, primary ...), b = skill1, skill2 ...)

Im sure im not the only one who would like to see an function like this since there are a lot of macro-coders which could benefit from that function aswell

cheers!:*

edit:

afaik, people are currently using the function "UseAction()" and input their ActionBar ID of the setskill. There MIGHT be another way to cast Setskills but i dont know them yet. Kitty is using the function "CastSpellByName"

• No idea if this serves your purpose, but I feel like sharing:

The index given by GetSuitSkill_List resembles the total order in which you have learned the skill on your charcter, thus being different for almost everyone.

DragSuitSkill_job(index) uses this to place a certain skill on your cursor to for example then place it on the skill plate by SkillPlateReceiveDrag(0,i) with indices from (currently) 0-7, which naturally only works while out of combat.

SkillPlateUpdate(i) returns the equipped setskills name, icon path, total cooldown, current cooldown with indices as above.

As for using setskills I wouldnt know why you should need any additional functions to CastSpellByName or (if you want to) UseAction as they already provide enough options.

Cheers! :thumbup:

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.