Raidheal FPS Problems

• Hello,

i just talked today with some other healers and discoverd that raidheal causes much laggs when there are more than 6 ppl in the group. (I have v0.9.7c - the latest version on curseforge)

For myself i think since the 64 bit update these laggs are a little bit extreme.

My pc ist not really good - its kinda old^^

But without raidheal i got in rofl with 12 ppl ~40 fps - thats good for my pc.

With raidheal i have between 5 to 15 fps and that is not really funny to play^^

I know i could play without this addon, but this addon combines so many features and makes healing a lot easier.

There are some alternative addons like gridcliqueit but there i cant save more then one classcombo - and i like to play different combos as a healer^^

So my question here, maybe someone can update raidheal so it does not causes these fps laggs.

I have no idea in developing addons but hey - it costs nothing to ask

Or someone have a good alternative to raidheal where i can save more then one combo?

Thanks everyone for helping me :)

Greetings

Tashield

• We have the same problem with fps drops/lags.

Furthermore I need to say, that I think, that some healing mechanics sometimes provide massive lags. Sometimes (yes, sometimes) our heal is for example a priest and spamming urgent heal on tank at b1 and it is lagging like hell on all group members. if she stopps healing, no lags anymore. But it isn't always this behavior that spamming for example urgent heal is providing lags, but kinda often.

The problem wasnt this big with 32 bit client

Kind regards

• ur heal is for example a priest and spamming urgent heal on tank at b1 and it is lagging like hell on all group members.

I tested this yesterday as well after I realized some decent fps drops on several bosses/events. It was all about priest/scout's urgent heal spammed on our tank (me).

I also think, some skills of scout/priest might also cause some fps issues sometimes, at least that was my personal feeling while being in the same party.

But all this isn't ontopic I guess, but I wanted to state it at this point anyways. ;)

• Not only on this class. we also had this with priest/warrior and other classes

• For me is new p/d and d/p, specially if I don't have anything in target, game autotarget the heal who healed me and fps drop from 40-50 to 10 xD. For example in b3 while waiting if I keep my cenedril in target fps don't drop.

• I did a few changes on raidheal.

2 Member of my guild tested and said, fps/lags are better (fewer ^^)

I changed following: No more requesting bufftime/debufftime left on raidmembers, because the version 0.9.7c hasn't it in UI visually with left time (don't know why, but it didn't show me).

Furthermore I decreased the intervall of requesting raidmembers buffs/debuffs from ~20 times per second to 2 times per second.

All settings are the same (for version 0.9.7c). No reconfiguring of addon needed

Kind regards

• I did some improvements with CastSpellByName usage and CASTING-Events in this addon. It should drastically reduce the lags while very fast spamming a skill of skillbook (not from actionslot)

Kind regards

• Hi, I have the same prob when I'm in P/S (video on youtube at rofl, inferno etc...). I use addon Grid, I don't have raidheal and my fps drop radically. I have 110 fps with nothing in my house and when I use urgent heal, heal arrow or chain of light, I have only 20-30 fps. My pc is good (2 years)

My last test is in Druid/warlock tank at DN, when I use recovery on me and when my priest use his macro for healing me with urgent heal, I have a brutal fps drop with big freeze. I got a lag because all my alt's account are connected on the same pc, I put the video on youtube today.

I will test your addon and compare this on rofl and I hope it's better :)

• dont know if its just me but when i klick on one ppl to heal and have myself in target i only heal myself instead of the clicked person - or did i something wrong?

• Official Post

I did some improvements with CastSpellByName usage and CASTING-Events in this addon. It should drastically reduce the lags while very fast spamming a skill of skillbook (not from actionslot)

Kind regards

dont know if its just me but when i klick on one ppl to heal and have myself in target i only heal myself instead of the clicked person - or did i something wrong?

You need to disable Self Cast in interface -> controls settings in order to cast a skill on some other unit than yourself when you don't have a target, assuming addon do not target clicked person automatically.

Greetings

• dont know if its just me but when i klick on one ppl to heal and have myself in target i only heal myself instead of the clicked person - or did i something wrong?

You need to disable Self Cast in interface -> controls settings in order to cast a skill on some other unit than yourself when you don't have a target, assuming addon do not target clicked person automatically.

Greetings

Addon is using CastSpellByName("SpellName", "target") for example target = raid2

This still works even on my client with enabled self cast in interface settings

• Official Post

Greetings

Addon is using CastSpellByName("SpellName", "target") for example target = raid2

CastSpellByName function do not have 2nd parameter in our API, unless function is hooked by the addon, which means it can be hooked by another addon and lose its 2nd parameter.

Greetings

• Addon is using CastSpellByName("SpellName", "target") for example target = raid2

CastSpellByName function do not have 2nd parameter in our API, unless function is hooked by the addon, which means it can be hooked by another addon and lose its 2nd parameter.

Greetings

It is using this function Oo

https://runesofmagic.gamepedia.com/API:CastSpellByName

there is a second parameter. Maybe it isn't changed in CoA?

EDIT: it is still there. I removed all addons ->

https://gyazo.com/b49703a291a200eb57afcb1390a414b1

https://gyazo.com/dda4b49eac445e9f7ef5e7d469e9972a

• Official Post
    Code
    CastSpellByName( string Name );

Taken from our API page, I am not entirely sure if it is correct, but as I said, reason of issue might be an addon is hooking this function wrongly which is removing 2nd parameter, so it wouldn't be related with RaidHeal addon.

Greetings

• See Edit:

EDIT: it is still there. I removed all addons ->

https://gyazo.com/b49703a291a200eb57afcb1390a414b1

https://gyazo.com/dda4b49eac445e9f7ef5e7d469e9972a

The API is maybe not complete. It still works without any addon

• Official Post

I mean, an addon that Tashield has might be hooking this function wrongly, which is breaking the function.

---

Function information will be corrected in API page soon.

Greetings

• Hi Tashield

I've spoke with Idhril of the guild Living Legends. He had the same problem like you. We found out that the problem is the Addon Arcadia Utilities, which is hooking the function CastSpellByName incorrectly.

Maybe you/someone can write the addon owner of this issue.

Kind regards

Closed the thread.

Added the Label Gameplay