Champion Class [Feedback]

• Official Post

This is a feedback thread dedicated to the Champion class.

We want to hear your opinions and suggestions regarding this particular class, including any changes you would like to see.

Please keep all corresponding rules in mind when clicking the reply button. "+1", "-1", "yes", "no", bump posts, and anything similar are not acceptable posts. Do not leave posts that state your agreement/disagreement without providing an explanation or critique.

It is important to note that this is a beta stage of class balancing and testing on the live server. You can expect changes based on our observations and feedback provided from the community over the next few months.

Approved the thread.
  • Hello,

regarding Champ/Bard

the last patch took away 30% of the stamina to intelligence conversion on shieldform.

I really cannot understand this change. The class is now unable to tank endgame content. Before the patch it was possible to tank in hoto, kalin, rofl or even idk.

The only good thing i see here is, that a fullbuffed champ/bard in shieldform is able to ditch out even more burst aoe dmg then before, thanks to higher mattk and rune overload. The generated aggro problem gained by this dmg output is another problem.

I dont think this was the thought while patching like that.

The dmg output as tank was way to high before, yes. But taking away the possibility to use the class as tank is imo not the best way of fixing.

The shield form should convert 100% int or at least 90% to stam and maybe reduce mattk, also increase aggro if dmg gets reduced.

Greetings

• Knightclasses with the new Threaten considerably reduce damage done by mobs. This dmgreduction is so good, that only Knighttanks are state of the art in rofl-Party. If you tank as Warden, you have lots of stuns to prevent your group from taking damage. If you tank as Champ, you need a Warrior/Priest otherwise your dps is dead within 2 aoes.

Since Shieldform got nerfed to 50% conversion, I suggest adjusting one of the passives (498563 or 498533) to further apply a debuff for every attack similiar to Knights Threaten. This way Champs can still tank with weak Shieldform and dps are not dead within 2 aoes.

• Regarding ch/priest

Divine Vengeance: Should be changed into selfbuff click and with uptime 20 seconds / cd 15 seconds. Right now it's very uncomfortable to click it every 5 seconds as a hit on mobs (and you need Chain Drive to be triggered before)

• Regarding ch/priest

Divine Vengeance: Should be changed into selfbuff click and with uptime 20 seconds / cd 15 seconds. Right now it's very uncomfortable to click it every 5 seconds as a hit on mobs (and you need Chain Drive to be triggered before)

Personally, from a dps perspective, I like the new Divine Vengeance since it helps with the terrible single target damage of the class. However, I realize that using it for the buff is rather annoying right now.

I suggest moving the ability to wear plate to Way of Frenzy (lvl 35 elite). A elite skill that only allows you to wear plate and does nothing else is kinda weird to begin with if you compare it to similar skills of other classes.

Runecraft-Devotion (lvl 15 elite) can be changed into the selfbuff you suggested (the buff needs to be removed from Divine Vengeance accordingly).

That being said, only the devs can tell if the buff is intended to have an uptime next to 100% or should rather be seen as a temporary bonus like Wd/W's Pulse Mastery (lvl 35 elite) buff.

Changed the title of the thread from “Feedbacks on the Champion Class” to “Champion Class [Feedback]”.
  • Hi,

I think a little change on ch/p is maybe needed (biggest "problem" is stamina multiplier on Light Impulse).

The stamina bonus should only be applied to the damage, if you wear any weapon.

Why?

bcs here (watch the 12th second):

• Regarding Champ/Knight:

The skill "Holy Roar" (ID 1490552) should have an aggro multiplier, bcs it is only usable in shield form and as a tank kinda useless atm.

Greetings

• Champion/Mage

Probably the worst or one of the worst chainclasses right now. Today I just want to focus on Elemental Rampage though. These suggestions would not make Champ/Mage viable, just less shitty.

Elemental Rampage is a 30 sec buff with 90 sec cooldown that boosts 1h Damage by 30%. Without this buff, 2h Hammer is much better for this class (still bad overall). With this buff 1h Hammer becomes slightly better (still bad overall).

The issue is swapping weapons makes you lose all rage so I have a few options devs can consider which path to take with this class. Please pick only one of the options:

a) Make all or most skills do elemental damage with the skill Elemental Defense. This way the boost from Talisman 10% elemental damage makes 1h Hammer useful enough outside of Elemental Rampage.

b) Make Elemental Rampage passive. This way 1h Hammer is always better. Also transforms horrible sustain damage even in AoE to below average sustain damage. Would also make it easier to buff up because this class has 1-2 more buffs than the average chainclass.

c) Modify Elemental Rampage to boost damage in general. This way 2h Hammer becomes the weapon of choice.

d) Do not punish swapping weapons by losing rage/energy/focus. Scouts and Manabased classes also utilize swapmacros and do not get punished for this.

My personal preference would be b).

d) would be a nice QoL update for all classes. Even other weapswapper-classes like Rogue/Mage would benefit from this.

• What about ch/p?

tanking without weapon is still possible and easy. If a dps would do same dmg like all other but without any weapon, it would have already been patched :/

Hi,

I think a little change on ch/p is maybe needed (biggest "problem" is stamina multiplier on Light Impulse).

The stamina bonus should only be applied to the damage, if you wear any weapon.

• I would go further any only add the bonus if you use a 1h Hammer. It is a Champion after all.

• What about ch/p?

tanking without weapon is still possible and easy. If a dps would do same dmg like all other but without any weapon, it would have already been patched :/

I would go further any only add the bonus if you use a 1h Hammer. It is a Champion after all.

and/or reduce the stamina in shield form, bcs it's kinda OP³ now

• Champion/Rogue

90c9312f4c214614d60b32d004f42cdf.png

Gyazo
    gyazo.com

This skill does not work properly. It does not end combat neither for me or my raid members near me. Also it is a bit awkward you have to go to Shield Form for a class that does not use Shield Form. Can you make it usable in dps-mode?

• Why did you do Light pulse on ch/p a 1h hammer skill now? How its supossed to work now as dps swapping between 1h for aoe and 1h for single, Why not just force to use a hammer?

Yes, it's weird. furthermore it's still too high aggro multiplier in shield form comparing with warden-tank/knight-tank "aoe" skills, which have way lower range and cd

• Regarding Champion/Priest.

Please change Light Pulse to require a hammer equipped instead of a 1h hammer.

I do understand that the skill needed to be changed so people couldn't just tank without a weapon, but by limiting it to 1h only you took away the option to play the class as a dps.

• Regarding Champion/Warlock.

The class is strictly underperforming atm, both compared to the best Champion class (Ch/Wd) and almost all Warriors.

The damage gap gets even worse in a fast group, where mobs die way to quickly to a) reliably build Forge/Rune Drive stacks and b) hit Shock Overload procs.

This is ofc a general issue with Champion (except with Ch/Wd, which doesn't use Shock Overload), but since I can't think of a solution that wouldn't fundamentally change the core mechanics of the class, I suggest the following.

Change Heart Collection Rune to a 15minute buff (and remove the cooldown). It currently has a theoretical uptime of 50% anyway (30sec duration + 60sec cd).

• Regarding Champion/Warlock.

The class is strictly underperforming atm, both compared to the best Champion class (Ch/Wd) and almost all Warriors.

The damage gap gets even worse in a fast group, where mobs die way to quickly to a) reliably build Forge/Rune Drive stacks and b) hit Shock Overload procs.

This is ofc a general issue with Champion (except with Ch/Wd, which doesn't use Shock Overload), but since I can't think of a solution that wouldn't fundamentally change the core mechanics of the class, I suggest the following.

Change Heart Collection Rune to a 15minute buff (and remove the cooldown). It currently has a theoretical uptime of 50% anyway (30sec duration + 60sec cd).

You know how Blast of Remorse (the aoe teleportskill) gives target that silence debuff for 2 seconds? How about if all damageskills from Ch/Wl gets doubled or tripled in that short timeframe. Consisdering Global CD you would have around 1.3 seconds time. This way you can stack your Forge stacks and whenever you are ready use teleport and explode for 1.3 seconds.

Could be a problem with bad Fps/ping though (rip laptop players)

• Quite the interesting idea. I'm not sure if I'd like that change over a more generic damage boost, however I'm not opposed to see that suggestion of yours implemented either. Certainly sounds fun and engaging, since you have to exploit a very short time window to its full extent.

Another idea that came to my mind, Shock Overload could be changed the way S/M's Incineration works (keeping the original range ofc). You would still need to auto attack for procs/stacks/Rage, especially on Ch/Wl, but it would improve the performance of all Champion classes in trash (except for Ch/Wd, which doesn't need a buff anyway).

Currently, with 4 dps+ in DC, I'm almost breaking my fingers in the desperate attempt to find a target that's not instantly deleted from existance, to get a Shock Overload proc off and ideally still hit something that hasn't expired yet.

• The new Quest Title 532136 as Badge Title seems to reliably reduce costs of skills, but the continuous cost of 10 Rage per second of Rune Overload does not get reduced.

Gyazo
    gyazo.com

• The new Quest Title 532136 as Badge Title seems to reliably reduce costs of skills, but the continuous cost of 10 Rage per second of Rune Overload does not get reduced.

https://gyazo.com/0d8b04f4bf46024fdebf6eb365e9663e

Damage over time effects cannot be reduced by DMG mitigation skills.

Same goes for resource drain per second buffs. (Blood Arrow HP for example)

It's a unique Game mechanic and I guess such a change would cause more side effects than you would like XD

But maybe an artefact rune in the future would be an option for this, like it exists for DoT

• Very Interesting. Then I suggest this workaround for continuous cost of skills:

Add back what would have been reduced by the increase in cost reduction. For example -10 Rage + 3 Rage