[Buff] Phoenix's Redemption (501389) removes other buffs on trigger

• When the revival effect of Phoenix's Redemption (501389) gets triggered and Phoenix's Inhibition (501617) appeares as debuff, some other buffs get remove from the player's buffs.

Forge (622184) gets removed on trigger of Phoenix's Redemption (501389).

Shield Form (621218) also gets removed for a very short moment and is renewed afterwards (because of some invisible buff I guess) but the problem is that in this short period of time the effect of Shield Form (621218) disappears and Champions get their old attributes back. If during that time they received another damage, they die again...

All other buffs I knew to be affected by this issue have already been fixed.

Please change it like no buff gets removed by the trigger of Phoenix's Redemption (501389).

• When phoenix pops, it is like you died and you lose all pots and potions and personal buffs, always has been like that.

No, all other buffs remain. Go ahead and try it...
    It has always been like all buffs remain (expect the buggy skills) ;)

• Good topic. I agrre with it of course and want add that if u lost your phoenix on warden your pet dead and u lost your main deff because pet give u a lot of. When u tank boss and lost phoenix u must very fast up him again sometimes it is harder if boss give u fear for example Loki. (You need remember too that u need 15% mana on each summon)

• Read carefully what is in the description of Phoenix redemption, it is working exactly as it is supposed to be working. I do not see any issue here, been like this for 8 years, should have been used to it by now. If you need a warden pet to tank why? and there is phirius pots for mana, alchemy pots for mana and even vendor mana pots.

• You really ask why warden needs his pet to tank? :)

Summons a [Spirit of the Oak] to assist you. While in effect, it will increase your Physical Defense by 65.0% and Parry Rate by 65.0%.

maybe thats why :rolleyes:

Just because someting is in this game for X years it doesnt mean it cant be fixed right now..
    What is the point of Phoenix Redemption which saves your life, when You lost some of your buffs and die anyway cuz You dont have those buffs?

• Official Post

Within the next 2 hours you will be resurrected immediately after dying and your HP restored to full. After triggering the effect there will be a 10 minute inhibition time. During this time it will not be possible to use Phoenix's Redemption again.

This means that you don't die technically, but it's like your HP going from 0 to maximum.

Going this way - most buffs are cleaned on exact death, that's why they stay here. And few are cleaned when HP reach 0 (no matter if you die, but in normal situation it's also die). Then buffs like Forge are intended cleaned. Shield Form must be reinitiated too, as you reach HP 0 and this is requirement of this certain buff to clean in this situation.

• When your Phoenix pops, you have died!!! and it ressurrects you, it is not hard to understand to me at least. It does not SAVE your life, just ressurrects you like a druid or priest would do, but it does it in combat, so you have died. just like if you had Soul bound on from a priest :thumbup:

• No it's not the same because when Phoenix gets triggered you keep almost every buff like hero potion, damage food etc. Only a few buffs like forge or warmage buffs are cleaned.

Grox gave the explenation why this happens, now it's time to decide if this is intended and usefull or worth changing. I personally don't mind rebuffing forge but I understand the problems with the warden pet.

• When my phoenix pops on a hardmode boss, no matte what instance, i lose my hero's, sandwitch, unicorn so i have no clue what you are talking about. I think i got the short hand of the stick then, fix my toon!!!! and gice me a GOD potion so i never die please!!!! :)

• Some things are just unfixable... like dying wabbit... :P

From what I remember, you did loose some buffs when you die while you have phoenix, but not all of them.

Not sure if that was intentional from RW, but that is how it was working.

Any fix to make it work better is of course, well welcomed.

• Recently I noticed another bug with the Phoenix's Redemption.

When it is triggered the Ligthning Burn Weapon does not dissapear like it used to. But it doesn't work anymore like it is supposed to. To continue making damage a warmage has to remove the buff and click it again.

• Is it possible that Sacred Phoenix (Id: 202540) and Phoenix's Redemption (Id: 201141) work different way?

They should be the same, but it is possible that they are not.

I did not have time to test it yet, but will this weekend. (At least easy for me that dyeing part :D)

• The buff Blood Arrow (500871) from the skill Blood Arrow (490434) triggers Phoenix's Redemption when HP reach 0. Without Phoenix's Redemption, the buff does not kill players which leads to the conclusion that trigger of Phoenix's Redemption is not intended and should be changed.

The same lasts for the buff Self-Distortion (624390) from the skill Self-Distortion (850873) for Warlocks which also triggers Phoenix's Redemption. There is a corresponding hint in the shortnote additionally:

EN - Increases [SC_SKILLTIPS_MOVE] by (Buff0-0)% upon activation. (This skill consumes (Buff0-Dot)% HP every second. Effect stops if there are insufficient HP.)

That means that the effect stops if there are insufficient HP and should not trigger Phoenix Redemption.

• yea thats an issue but now its also killing you if you don't have phoenix, since they added something that dealing 10% hp@sec now which isn't checking player hp i guess (or checking if its lower than or equal to 3% but dealing 10% dmg)

the world chico, and everything in it.

• yea thats an issue but now its also killing you if you don't have phoenix, since they added something that dealing 10% hp@sec now which isn't checking player hp i guess (or checking if its lower than or equal to 3% but dealing 10% dmg)

I tested that 2 minutes before my post in Atlantis. There Phoenix triggered but I did not die without Phoenix. Where did you die without Phoenix by using Blood Arrow?

• in inferno/gorge
    edit: its working normal on other zones but gorge/inferno as they made

I tried it again in Gorge and Inferno. There one does not die either.
    It only triggers Phoenix if active.

Edit: Yes, the modified version of Blood Arrow works only like this in Gorge, Inferno and Atlantis. But dying is still like described by me.

• Just like in topic.

After losing a Phoenix Redemption, for 1 sec Shield Form is disabled and coming back in next second. Sometimes it just killing tank, bcs Champ without Shield Form = Dead. Even for 1sec.

Same for W/M buff Lightning Burn Weapon (I think I wroted it right, Im playing on Polish version so I don't remember English names)
    If you lose your Phoenix, W/M buff will come back, but you have to deactivate it and activate again, because it wont affect damage from normal attacks.

• ***Link***

Smart people in this topic already explained how phoenix redemption "works" so dont get Your hopes up that it will be fixed since this thread was created almost a year ago and nothing was done about it.

You are dpsing on w/m and Your phoenix pops -> Your dps lowers until You notice that sth is wrong
    You tank on champion and Your phoenix pops -> most likely You will die
    You tank on warden and Your phoenix pops -> most likely You will die

Funny that knight doesn't have to worry that his shield will magically break in half when his pheonix pops ^^

Sandstorm - Polska Gildia :love:

Edited 2 times, last by Visenya ().

• I didn't know that there is a topic about it :O I thought it was a new bug, never had that situation with Shield Form (I think so). With W/M this buff just disapear, now it just comming back but didnt work until u activate it again. :D

It's kinda strange. I could understand when I will lose Shield Form normally, or W/M buff, but not for 1sec and magically it comes back.

With W/M its a really anoying. You have your buff but technically... you deal almost 0 dmg like you dont have it. :/

Now it looks Phoenix isnt needed for Champion tank, if you lost him... meh, time to die. :D Same like without him.

• Class: Warrior/Mage
    Buff: Lightning Burn Weapon (500162)

When the fenix redemption is activated, we lose this buff, in case of war/mage is your only source of damage. Could you please fix this?

Thank you.

I searched the forum, but I did not see another post about this.