Posts by Zyrex

Elo there...

first of all, i like orkham rlly much, its shorter than dc, has a lot of funny events, trash diversity is very high and you can't solve everything with "just burst". The instance felt like a mixture of Tikal, IDK and ROFL but you only have the fun parts of those instances :thumbup:

BUT could you please put the real endboss at the actual end of the instance? Right now that Muddrass and his Buddies feels much stronger and more complex than the Ascended Xemen, which isn't feeling well. I mean, you have 3 phases and the boss(es) in each phase have different attack patterns, casts, you need entirely different gameplay to pass them, take care of positioning, run away from stuff, dodge stuff, use cleanses, be aware of aggro resets, there are actually multiple oneshot events. Even the Zhargos Worldboss on HM has less mechanics than this. This is by far one of the most complex bosses in the entire game and it's a FIRST boss 🤯

Imagine you're running IDK but have to kill Thynos instead of Mole King at the very beginning. Or run Lv 72 ini (dont remember the name rn) and Da'Dalodin is your first encounter. You can do it, but after that intense fight, the entire instance still awaits to be run (and the manticore dude are nothing compared to orkham crocs and his friends at all)!

On our firstclear the boss felt really good. you were able to skip the annoying stuff and burst it down if you had enough DPS. But then you changed 1000 things and now it feels like we were attempting on an entirely new instance that held us down from starting to farm it properly.

So please either disarm the boss so it's not as deadly anymore, or make players able to skip certain difficult events in phase 2 and 3 by DPS. In orkham it generally feels like you're punished for dealing more damage, which leads me to the question why I even should progress any further with my gear?! Doesn't make sense to me rn... :/

Hi,

I just did some Tikal runs and the last one was about 5:30 min, so I made a video out of it. Video speed is set to 200%, so it fits with the music 👉👈 Enjoy!

Pet classes are better if player attack is lower compared to your target's def, so I'd wait for Orkham release... if boss defences increase, pet classes will shine again ^^

Yes i know that pet classes are usually good in high instances. But in my opinion we should play m/s in every instance. For now this class is very bad in RoFL because pet has very low dmg. Maybe they should reduce pet's magical attack and increase magical damage instead. My pet has 1.8m magical attack and 70k magical damage when i summon it. Magical damage seems really very low for me. I hope they change all pet classes to be playable classes in every instance

Then go for it, M/S deals decent dmg even w/o the pet being op in high def content... compared to the physical wardens its dmg is really good =O

Regarding Mage/Scout

This class still needs some changes. It has been a long time since last time i saw this class in an instance. In my opinion m/s pet is still weak. In last changes you gave its pet extra magical attack. But this magical attacks seems kind of useless with so low magical damage. Can you increase its pet's magical damage more ? I mean this class is weak in AoE. It should be powerful in single target damage. But our pet deals like 2x6m dmg with burst. It is not enough for any instance.

Actually in my opinion pet classes are weak in overall. They need some changes to return meta

Pet classes are better if player attack is lower compared to your target's def, so I'd wait for Orkham release... if boss defences increase, pet classes will shine again ^^

I even added the new Necro STR set (before I even made the INT one), which ended up at a 60.5k mdmg buff now :pinch: But I also see other M/W running around with 45-50k buffs, which should be the average case.

So your gear is 35% above those you run with. That explains why our points of view are so different :)

Not at all, my point is that other mages can compete with my M/W even if my M/W is 35% above average...

Lutine, easy answer : you don't need 1 gear but 2 ( buff gear and good Mage gear) so it is much more expensive than k/wl or did you ever seen someone play Mage with buff mage gear?

you didnt got my point: with m/w gear(s) you can play all other mdps classes too. with k/wl gear you are just limited to k/wl

Yes, I fully agree, in my buff gear I can even play W/Wd, since I got decent patt with it...
    4f273f8fb361cac10fd28e170e6a8e8c.png

I really don't see the point in having 1 broken mage class (m/w in this case). Yes, it is more expensive but everyone playing 1 single class literally destroys balance meaning. So if i want to play any other mage, wl or druid (no cps) I just have to live being the worst dps in party? It feels like the balance failed so hard these days. Same goes for others pdps classes like w/wd etc.

M/W is strong, yes, I agree. But other mages can compete with it. M/S, M/Ch, M/P are top tier mages as well and some are even better than M/W in a lot of common situations... even M/D is really strong but the use case of having full stacks on both buffs is quite rare and not that easy to sustain :/ But I agree, M/W needs some further love of the devs :love: And this directly leads me to my next point:

The gear has become rlly expensive with robot and stats on the artefact. Literally every upcoming content update requires me to upgrade my buff gear and I'm not a patient dwarf, I want it all and I want it now! :D

I even added the new Necro STR set (before I even made the INT one), which ended up at a 60.5k mdmg buff now :pinch: But I also see other M/W running around with 45-50k buffs, which should be the average case. So instead of changing the wisdom and bravery buff I'd suggest to change more %values, such as AoE decrements, like the devs already did on Meteor, as I suggested earlier (and btw, the change already showed up very well, since M/W isn't that good in big pulls anymore)...

One thing everyone seems to miss: Necro is the perfect instance for a M/W. You have packs of 3-4 mobs that give max damage on static field and you got a lot of running around in boss fights, which doesn't matter for M/W either. The short burst phases are also perfect for this class, so seeing M/W overperform in Necro is quite obvious. But if you compare the output in IDK for example, M/Ch is much better... the bigger the pulls, the worse M/W becomes imo... but don't start another discussion about that, I know I'm living on my lonely island, playing a different game :D

Short addition to Cosmo 's explanation: You can basically have any class combination with full elite skills, even druid/priest or priest/warlock... you can even play druid/champ, which is a really powerful healer as well from what I've seen :thumbup:

I reached the 62.5k mdmg mark on M/W pre-patch, now it dropped down to 49.9k like a menu bar on smartphones (u know, bcz "drop down" xd) ;( ;( ;( Imo the "op" part of M/W was the AoE damage, especially on big pulls through Thunderstorm + Meteor Shower combo. Adding a little support, such as Wl/B oder S/M in combination with a Wl/M made the class overperform very much and dealt like 50-70% more damage than a decent R/Wl in Necro in our runs (and our average group/raid setups are focused on dark damage, not even fire) 🤯

You already use both skills, depending on the amount of mobs I guess :/ Might be different but on 2-5 targets Static is better and on 5+ mobs, I'd use Meteor. And if you stack up the wind damage buff before, Static hits decently, too... but not sure about the values actually :/ ...and if 5+ mobs constantly move out of the meteor, I'd flame the tank xD

Exactly this is what i am talking about, When we use meteor on mobs, sometimes mobs are moving to a different direction.

In a situation like this we should use static field. But static field is not so powerful as meteor shower. If they make static field a little bit more powerful, we wont have such problem in big pulls. At least we can use static field while moving

If they buff static, you wouldn't use meteor at all anymore, this would kill the complexity of the class pretty much. On most classes, meteor only is better on huge amount of mobs during big pulls, normally you use static already. I don't remember the exact values for M/Wl, but you wouldn't use it on 2-4 mobs I think...

and if 5+ mobs constantly move out of the meteor, I'd flame the tank xD

As druids dps playstyle? :)

In my opinion, druid mdps is only viable under really specific conditions and group setups, but I rarely had such issues as a druid, bcz d/r has another aoe option and d/wl is only worth it for healers or in limited content imo due to the lack in mobility 🤷‍♂️ So just use your meteor or sandstorm if you're sure the mobs don't move and use other aoe while running :P Having the one perfect solution for every situation seems boring to me :pinch:

Btw, the same applies to M/W too I guess... it can't fully rely on static field, so you wanna use meteor into thunderstorm as well, but can't interrupt the channel either due to the proc of fireball, but what's the problem in using another spell for changing raid pacing? :/ Knowing when to use which spell is elementary for me for complexity of gameplay

Mage/Warlock's Meteor Shower skill has both fire damage+ wind damage and it has higher damage than static field.

But this skill hits only a certain place and while mobs are moving around we need to cancel this skill and use it again to hit mobs. I suggest you to make mage/warlock's static field have both wind damage and fire damage like meteor shower.

So when mobs move, we can spam static field and when all mobs stay together we can use meteor shower.

You already use both skills, depending on the amount of mobs I guess :/ Might be different but on 2-5 targets Static is better and on 5+ mobs, I'd use Meteor. And if you stack up the wind damage buff before, Static hits decently, too... but not sure about the values actually :/ ...and if 5+ mobs constantly move out of the meteor, I'd flame the tank xD

Elo,

may I present you (again) my amazing maze! For those who don't already know, I built a real labyrinth, based on the movies Maze Runner, which is pretty accurate lore-wise, containing the glaze in the center (where you spawn), features the desert around it and of course a complex maze that took me about 20 hours to build (from planning to the final build) and is still being upgraded with new furniture that is released :pinch:

And because it's the birthday of CoA, I wanna celebrate it with another own contest, just like I did on the release of my maze! (more info below)

When I released my amazing maze, almost a year ago, I celebrated it with an own riddle, where players had to search dwarf children hiding inside the maze. Since the labyrinth is really huge, an unknown amount of dwarven children was lost again inside. Please help me finding them and bringing them back to their families!

The first 2 players who send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE and a list with all correct coordinates of all 20 hiding dwarven children, will get

💎💎💎10.000 Diamonds each💎💎💎

as a finder's reward!!

I found a photo of one dwarf child standing on a barrel next to the center wishing well on the glaze, maybe it helps you get an idea how the children look like. If I remember correctly, they all have the same height but wear different clothes...

Ok, so you haven't actually played the game, your main char is not even max level (as it seems in your streams) and you haven't been into an instance at all yet and state that balancing is bad?

Are you sure you're playing the same game as I do? 8o You say, that on your previous server, all people were playing different classes, so do people here. If you see a dps player play only one class over and over again, I'd say it's not balancing's fault, but caused by the inadaptivity of that player to the endgame (or let's better call it laziness). I see a lot of players stick to only one class, that they were told to be "the strongest" but if you really analyze the gameplay properly, you'll see that there is not the one perfect solution for everything. For example, Mage/Warrior is a decent class with tons of magical damage and decent matt for burst. In theory, this class comes close to be the "perfect one for every content", but actually it isn't the best in slot class for everything at all. Even a Mage/Scout can easily out-damage it in instances with higher defences, since pet classes (almost) always beat non-pet classes :/

If you try to play the very "best in slot" class in every single instance, you simply have to play more than 4 classes at the minimum. If you even wanna run best in slot classes in every content (to include endgame minigames (such as AoD), nostalgia instances (such as Hoto, Kalin, IDK), event instances (such as Atlas Defence) or even grinding instances (such as IBP or souls) as well), you end up at even more. :pinch: And if you additionally wanna actively adapt to your raid setup, in order to support your friends, there are more options available again. You can simply play every single magical damage dealer and find a raid setup that is best for it. COA is not about balancing single classes against each other, it's about how to properly build raids and double your overall damage just by class interactions and synergies...

To be honest, a lot of people seem not to understand how to properly build decent raids or optimized groups. They may run with the same classes over and over again, this works for sure, but isn't optimal by far. There are so many possibilities to improve the overall dps, damage reduction, healing, burst, CC, etc, by so many different ways, it's complex enough to start studies on =O

Example: You have 4 mdps players. All of them could play Mage/Warrior and every single one would deal decent damage. But what if one goes for Mage/Rogue, one goes for Warlock/Rogue, one for Warlock/Champ and one for druid/rogue? Then you got huge debuffs for dark damage, gift of the baron = dps, damage reduction, whisper = matt, and every single class deals more than M/W would have dealt without such synergy. In this example, your leather players could go for Rogue/Warlock, in order to get a piece of that huge dark damage support. Also, the druid/rogue brings druid buffs, so the healer could play something different, like warden/priest for even more support for the group, only by picking the right choices. And all of the classes deal equal damage 😱 That's how we play 6 man content and that's how you can run abbey within 20 minutes easily... instead of like an hour or more 🥵

So... if you once was in balancing yourself, you should know that balancing is a process and never "done". In my opinion, for magical dps, healers and tanks in the endgame, all class combinations are playable and viable in the meta. Not every class is good in every instance, but overall you can play whatever you want and deal more or less the same damage/aggro/heal as others :/ I have no idea about pdps, but who plays pdps in 2023? 8o:evil:

For magical dps classes, maybe there are one or two that need a little nerf, but it's not like only a handful classes being viable at all... in the past I was talking really badly about balancing myself, too, but after a while (and by playing all magical classes myself on a higher level) I realized that it's actually not that bad at all. So lemme ask: What kind of content are you playing?

Are you buffed while running instances? My pet deals like 40-50% of my damage and it's really op now. Easily 50% more damage than other mages in DC and even in abbey it's decent and equal to M/W :/ I'd vote for a 20% nerf of this class instead, it's just too strong now...

Are you standing close enough to the organs? Stars is an AoE spell, so it misses on organs if you're too far away, just like all other aoes do :/

yes i stand close enough dont worry i know how aoe's will work

Maybe close enough isn't actually close enough. I remember the spell missed by standing like 1 pixel away from the organs, so I had to cuddle with it like no other class had to :/ Same for mage/priest pre-patch with it's Vortex spell that uses more or less the same mechanics I guess :/