Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• Again you seem to be evading.

I was asking about Grox' statement that the reason for the bug would be a non-existing atk-speed cap, not any solution you were considering.

I marked the possibly misleading part I referred to bold and just left the rest for context.

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• If you think there is something missed in patch notes, please report us.

Thanks for fixing the loca mistake on Thunderstorm that was reported here Mage - Thunderstorm (ID 490244). I just tested it but I think you did not mention this in the patchnotes.

Also in the patch notes it says that the CD of Brain Shock (Mage/Champion) was increased to 30sec but it has only 20sec CD.

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• Latest change on ch/wl:

Reduced Champion/Warlock skill Dark Energy Punishment attack increment to 16% and increased damage over time to 6.5% at level 55.

Could you plz look into it - the extent of the bleed is very high and does not seem to match the benefit, especially if you compare with some other similar skills - e.g. blood arrow from w/s.

This change if not an error + another nerf to speed buff skill makes ch/wl not very attractive combo, was fun to use many various buffs, why break it? Another great disappointment...

• Agreed, 6.5% per second is way to much, especially considering the fact that you consume a large portion of additional life via endless pulse each 20 seconds.

• Hi,

the latest patch is totally sucking.

Healing is reduced to 50%, that is maybe ok.

Healing over time effect is reduced to ~10% compared to yesterday. All healing over time effects are now useless. All classes with something like bloodarrow now sucking.

Please reduce it to prepatch! Recovery healing over time effect with less than 25k with 80k wisdom Oo

To be honest: ?!

Making heal over time useless? Making several heal classes useless?

Kind regards

• Hope see soon some changes in physical classes with Rogue as secundary class, the best quality of the class is use a weapon in secundary hand and attack speed, hope get some changes in ch/r w/r and wrd/r to use x2 1h, the changes on the skills its not enough to make this classes worth to be played at least not with x2 1h weapons, cuse right now if a class want to do real dmg in the partys need to use 2h weapons.

And hope see some changes too for W/Ch the class not really can be played, the skills have high cost in hp compared with the amouth of hp the class can regen, maybe do some change in the values of the hp cost of skills and to the elite "Runic blood weapon" cuse 5% of hp per second its too much

• Recently ,in the morning I have only one question: which mdps combination will be good today and will I have enough talent points for this.

if you did not do your inner test on class balance and just put all of this on community then please give NPC to reset talent points on main class for each day for free until you finish balance class. Not all of us have enough talent points to cover all class combination. There is no balls with talent points in IS too (was long a time in promo for 59 diamonds and normal price for 79 diamonds, now disapear....)

• Recently ,in the morning I have only one question: which mdps combination will be good today and will I have enough talent points for this.

if you did not do your inner test on class balance and just put all of this on community then please give NPC to reset talent points on main class for each day for free until you finish balance class. Not all of us have enough talent points to cover all class combination. There is no balls with talent points in IS too (was long a time in promo for 59 diamonds and normal price for 79 diamonds, now disapear....)

No class today mage is now nerfted back in the ground

ps is a bug that u can now only have 1 Fire Rose dot on 1 tagged ? before u could have on all taggeds and u could refesh the dot before it this appiert now u need to wait till it runned out ?

• are u guys trolling !!! playernet team ...
    what is the point of nerfing healing again !!
    u want to make the new meta 1 tank 2 dps and 9 healers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i can't understand what are u guys trying to do
    now we need 4 healers to heal 1 tank with 2million hp ....
    this is making no sense if u guys keep it like that ppl will quit :cursing::cursing:

They didn’t do anything wrong with the healer classes, they are also able to heal well.

• I want to give some feedback not on the changes made themselves, but on how the involved devs and PlayerNet as the publisher have acted and handeled the balancing process up to now.

Short version first: Frankly, you scrwed up.

(As you can see from recent reactions here.)

For every balancing process there has to be a straight line that is followed, to achieve a prior to the balancing set goal that needs to be achieved. I hope you had that goal set, otherwise this ends in chaos.

The only clue we players were given from official side before the balancing started, was a statement from Grox months ago, that your goal for this balancing would be to make more class combinations viable to play, thus buffing rarely used classes, maybe nerfing op classes to bring everything to the same level.

Desireable goal, indeed, but:

Apart from that, the playerbase was and is given no information about what your intentions behind all those changes are and in what extent you plan to go on. This is a serious lack of communication.

The one exception is that Byte pointed out, only after much confusion and disappointment from players, what intention is behind splitting up bows and xbows for scouts so much, but even here players dont know if you had planned that from the start or if this is just an excuse you came up with to explain what you did to the scout.

And you have not only done balancing with the patches since 10.2.1.1000, but you have reworked entire classes and class-combinations, which were already working fine, even if out of balance.

Examples for that would be the already mentioned scout and the champion. I believe (almost) all agree that a nerf was nescessary for champs, but not reworking how the class works, considering rage management and skills like rune overload/shock overload.

Nerfing rune overload dmg would have been fine for balancing, why change it and implement a whole new function?

No info on that.

Players who play certain classes that were affected by the "balancing process" (I would call it more of a "reworking process" in this case) surely can go into more detail, what those changes mean for their playstyle.

For healers:

I already asked you to further increase to wisdom needed for healing, however I specificly pointed out a certain transition phase, to give players time to adjust their gear to previous changes.

Obviously you just ignored that and reading certain players reaction tells me that you were wrong doing so.

Personally, I am fine with how changes progress for healers, because healers in my position and their guilds are able to (somehow) deal with that situation but I believe a majority of healers and guilds on the server are not.

Even worse is: we have no idea where this is supposed to end. And especially when!

I bet these questions are on everybodys mind who is playing a class that experiences such extending changes atm, which brings me back to my original point:

You have announced that balancing process would be done in two stages and that the current stage should be called a beta. Fine.

But how is the second phase supposed to look like, if even this phase has such far extending changes?

When will that second phase start? How long will it take? Will there be a "beta" for that, too? What do you plan to do during that stage?

And...How long is THIS stage supposed to last?

All those are points that should have been made clear and questions should have been answered beforehand, not after (I at least hope you will do now) the playerbase is lost in between chunks of patchnotes without any explanations.

The line "Recently ,in the morning I have only one question: which mdps combination will be good today and will I have enough talent points for this." can be translated to all classes and explains so much of what is going wrong atm.

Btw, considering patchnotes: This stage/ladder layout for patchnotes originally is/was a nice treat from Grox, but not only do you regularly scrw up that layout by now, it also is confusing af.

Changes/fixes that are related to another or related to one class, should be grouped and organized, just as the notes for 10.2.1.1000, now it is just chaotic and hard to read. It shows no effort of making the patchnotes readable for players, not even mentioning the consistently missing parts.

Please dont get me wrong, Me and many other players appreciate the effort you put into that balancing itself very much, it sure is a lot of work for you and certainly you intend to make this a better game for everyone, but the way you handle this entire process is just not satisfying, discouraging so many players.

Again, short version: You scrwed up by not communicating.

What I expect from involved Devs and PlayerNet:

Give us a straight line of what we have to expect from the balancing, when and how you plan to achieve this and please dont leave all players (your beta testers) in the dark.

Edited once, last by melodic ().

• Hi

My first question is what is this Heal formula every time there is a patch it said heal formula changed and every time I log in to check and it results in even lower heals, but no clarity on what this so called formula is?

and second

For healers:

I already asked you to further increase to wisdom needed for healing, however I specificly pointed out a certain transition phase, to give players time to adjust their gear to previous changes.

Obviously you just ignored that and reading certain players reaction tells me that you were wrong doing so.

A transition phase would be a smarter idea as healers basically have to restat their gear. We need time to do this and you are not thinking on people who have little to no resources to fix things fast , also unfair on them they can't run much, not all are swimming in diamonds to do this..

I have made many changes and will continue to do so, as each patch has brought a new challenge, but this latest patch has cut things like Healing arrow from 100k to 25 k ? While recovery is lower again I am still changing, but to wake up and be nerfed every time you do a new balancing patch is getting to much.

Kind Regards

Angelfire ~ Hades ~

• First of all, nice change with sta/wis and wis/wis stats. Finally it is useful, not trash to put into a dirty tierstone.
    Wisdom added to formula, finally.
    Nerfing heal output - okay, you "wisdomed" healing skills.
    But still difference between 2h staff and 1h wand + shield is like nothing.
    Tested on same tier of the weapons (gorge 1h and 2h) and its just almost 0 difference in healing output. It should be more, because with shield u have one more slot for stats, defense, but you losing some mdmg.
    Imo it should work for healer -> 2h Staff to more healing and less survival, 1h+shield less healing more survival. Or just 1h wand priest, 2h staff druid.

And still missing hot criticals. Could be nice to add them chance to be critical too, even with halved critrate, example i have 82,37% critrate so for hots it could be 41,18%.

Inferno 3rd boss - This DoT isnt to big? Tank getting almost onehited by them. Why you even started to dig in inferno, everything was fine in this instance. You remember what happened years ago when you started to dig in HoS (#Knight/Mage OP)
    And runing in chamber of elements with ostrich mount. Mechanics of this works that after changing zone you will lose this buff, so just allow to enter all instances with this, but still cant be able to use inside. Its anoying when you need to disable it after reaching entrance of the instance.
    Gorge missing flames. The most anoying part of the ini, taking much time, and just anoy a lot. Just disable that flames, its not funny when you need to run whole instance to be sure that one flame is missing. And will be a lot smoother, to not just calling all the time "GM Online?" Just disable it, Puzzle, Cups, Questions and Feeding is still good and enough.

• Hello,

I would like to report a bug which seems for me to be not intended. The "Buff" Arcadia Patience [1500765] keeps draining my rage by -2. Its supposed to support the healer since the new changes but I didnt read anything about nerfing all rage classes in there... Like how come this buff drains my rage consistantly. I cant compete with that I cant play a class which concludes rage when beeing at 0 rage all the time without dwarven ale. PLEASE CHANGE THAT ASAP.

Screenshot: https://gyazo.com/3cdfc087999a55ccb3f5ea52bad82aab

Greets...

Talking about peace whilst spilling blood, it’s something that only humans can do.

• Disabled Ion Storm trigger for area effects.

You already did Halved damage of Ion Storm, reduced maximum stack to 4., What is the point of removing it for aoes? Why this constant hate on mages having aoe dmg?

Change Ion Storm trigger to OUR target and add 200 distance to it or better, add it as selfbuff like m/d, no more going melee to use it and buffing mobs for an insane op class like r/ch.

I dont understand why on every patch you create a new usable mage and on next patch, is gone. The line between opness and being useless is really thing and you are crossing it on every patch you do, hello mister mage/rogue.

Edit: Don't destroy wisdom and heal over time, is the best change out of this balance so far.

• Hello Guys,

i want to criticize 3 points,

1st: you recommended that we shouldn´t build items until the balancing is finished, BUT now you increase our wisdom until classbalancing is done. SO is that healformula final now and we can build our gears? or we should keep waiting? give us information please!

2nd: the warrior is to weak atm and there was a bug that was legit so nice for the class (for 1 day the warrior was worth to play and wasn´t overpowered just balanced) and now you removed it? i thought you increase and decrease classes by evaluate data. You guys should have seen that the warrior playerbase increased instandly - but now you fixed the bug and he is way to weak again.

3rd: you want to balance classes and dont buff up one combination and nerf it in the next patch and buff up another classcombination in the same time, try to get them on an equal level!!

(i know my english is very bad but i hope you understand what i try to say)

• Fixed Arcadian Patience was consuming 2 rage every second. You may still see rage loss in combat log but it won’t be effective, only in chat.

Following changes will be applied only in custom instances and Atlantis until next patch.

These were added in the post-Patch Notes Post-Patch Notes 10.2.1.1258, so I don't know if you've seen them already.

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• Hi,

I cite the post-patch notes for only custom instances and atlantis :

"Fixed Arcadian Patience was consuming 2 rage every second. You may still see rage loss in combat log but it won’t be effective, only in chat."

to 1st: I totally agree! You changed healing to use wisdom, but without wisdom, you couldnt heal anymore, so the players were forced! to build new equip!

2nd: Maybe all warriors except the warrior/scout are to weak. I saw a warrior/warden one time. Quite decent but also quite far away from warrior/scout. But the warrior/scout is definitly not to weak :)

3rd: totally agree!

Last but not least, ty for the latest patch which buffed the healer for the time of class balancing, that even those, who were not able to do a new gear on one day, can heal again. Also the reverted heal over time effect formula is ok now.

Post-note: You should not change anything like "we take away 90% of a skill/mechanic". That is totally destroying this classes, which are effected of it (example the heal over time effects of yesterday)

• "Added a buff that gives wisdom equal to 50% of your stamina which will stay until end of class balance."

Honestly this does not solve the problem all heals have, just delays it.

Unless you tell us exactly how wisdom is supposed to impact healing done in the end, all heals will have no idea how they are supposed to stat their gear until the balancing ends and we lose that buff.

Then again, most heals will be ineffective until new gear is built, putting us in the same situation we were before we got that buff.

So either you tell us where wisdom balancing is supposed to end or you allow that buff to stay for a while after wisdom balancing is done, since its quite pointless to start building new gear unless we know how much wisdom we will need for which healoutput!

Again, all this comes down to above mentioned lack of imformation for us players....X/

• Having beyond 30.000 Wisdom, each wisdom is providing 0.00116668416692917060422573005% heal increment.

I guess this means heal balancing is done now and we can start building our gear according to this.

I will hold on to that then and thanks for letting us know! :thumbup:

• Como ya comenté en pv a un GM solo quiero expresar mi opinon acerca del balanceo del Sacerdote. Cuando comencé a jugar en Arcadia, después de haber pasado por multiples servidores, incluido el oficial, el ruso que no recuerdo como se llamaba, el de adept gamer, el de Midea y Mokking, me sorprendió que en este servidor para ser sacerdote no hacía falta sabiduría. No me parecía bien pero no era yo nadie para decir nada al respecto.Hace un mes y después de haber invertido muchísimo en el juego tuve que dejar de jugar por motivos laborales. Hace una semana por fin he podido volver a jugar, esperaba no haberme quedado muy atrás en el juego pero mi sorpresa es que mi sacerdote que hace un mes curaba 800k PV ahora cura apenas 350K y con el bufo ese provisional. Después de preguntar me dicen que ahora es necesario estatear con sabiduría. Es algo bueno, para quien empiece a jugar ahora, pero para la gente como yo que hemos estado jugando durante mucho tiempo y gastando mucho en este juego este cambio es inaceptable (hablo solo por mi), como no voy a pelearme con nadie para que no se balancee el sacerdote porque en el fondo se que es lo correcto, lo mejor para el juego he decidido abandonar el juego. Después del gran esfuerzo en tiempo y dinero invertido en el juego considero injusto lo que se ha hecho (repito, injusto para mi, pero correcto para los nuevos jugadores). Un GM me insistió para que diese mi opinión y le dije lo que repito aquí: no voy a pelear por revertir un cambio que considero bueno para el juego, simplemente yo lo dejo porque en mis planes no entraban el tener que empezar de nuevo.

un saludo y suerte con el juego, quizás nos veamos algún día, mientras tanto buscaré otro juego, despues de 11 años jugando a esto no será fácil encontrar sustituto. Buen verano Taboreans

As I already mentioned in pv to a GM I just want to express my opinion about the Priest's balancing. When I started playing in Arcadia, after having gone through multiple servers, including the official one, the Russian that I do not remember what it was called, that of Adept gamer, that of Midea and Mokking, I was surprised that on this server to be a priest I did not wisdom is lacking. It did not seem right to me but I was nobody to say anything about it. A month ago and after having invested a lot in the game I had to stop playing for work reasons. A week ago I was finally able to play again, I hoped I hadn't been far behind in the game but my surprise is that my priest who healed 800k PV a month ago now heals only 350K and with the buff that provisional. After asking, they tell me that now it is necessary to stay with wisdom. It is a good thing, for those who start playing now, but for people like me who have been playing for a long time and spending a lot on this game, this change is unacceptable (I speak only for myself), as I am not going to fight with anyone so that do not sway the priest because deep down I know what is right, the best for the game I have decided to leave the game. After the great effort in time and money invested in the game, I consider what has been done unfair (I repeat, unfair to me, but correct for new players). A GM insisted that I give my opinion and I told him what I repeat here: I am not going to fight to reverse a change that I consider good for the game, I simply leave it because my plans did not include having to start again.

greetings and good luck with the game, maybe we will meet someday, meanwhile I will look for another game, after 11 years playing this it will not be easy to find a substitute. Good summer Taboreans