Posts by Rake

Greetings,

We understand that players are waiting for this patch, but unfortunately we have to postpone it once again.

The reason for this is only one, we do not want to provide players with a "raw" version of the patch with probably a lot of bugs.

It's important for us to provide quality game content for players, so that the impression and experience of the innovations will be the best possible.
    On top of that, there are things in the real world that can get in the way of working efficiently and there's not always something we can do about that, and we really hope you understand.

Despite all this, we are already in the testing phase of the system, in other words, the hardest part is behind us and 90% of the work is already done.

We don't want to upset you, and we apologize for the delay.

With our best wishes,

CoA Team

Hello, I have a question, I am not very closely following all the card changes threads at the moment.

I wonder if I can now confidently upgrade all cards covered by the new system to the maximum, but is it recommended to wait until the patch so as not to be a loss?

Rake

The pending monster card patch will have no effect on current cards.
    But it is a good idea to wait for the patch if you plan to participate in the Stardom system to improve your cards with a higher chance of success.

A logical sequence is explicitly shown here that allows you to create constraints and represents specific conditions. If a perfect card in an additional deck is needed, then a perfect card in the main deck must first be made. If someone wants to circumvent these constraints, there are additional conditions in the form of an overpriced.

Sorry but it makes no sense. Is unfair to those classes that aren't inside your imaginary "how a deck should be". In this situation healers and mdps will need to pay 10x times more than leathers just because you thought it was the right thing to do. No matter how you want to explain it but that is the reality.

From your post, I conclude that it is not appropriate for players to choose HP or another additional attribute because it is weak and ineffective. As a result, I say that we are willing to consider it so that these attributes have higher numerical values and are prioritized for cards, but that still doesn't satisfy you?

"Please note that only newly looted cards will be included in new system as usually."

That really means we wasted hours of farm (or diams) for nothing with new maps added on cards system ? :/

If this is what is plan, please change this to cards to are already in deck

I want to draw your attention to the fact that this only applies to card types.

Cards obtained before patches stayed as old "Ancient" (now "Dusty"). Newly obtained cards will get certain card type as Universal/Magical/Physical/Defense.

The meaning of these words doesn't apply to anything else.

All previously obtained cards can be used for example for disenchant or stardom. It was in same way in all previous patches.

Why our second deck will cost X money or 10X depending on which one is our main class? There is no logical reason behind this more than a random pick from your side.

A logical sequence is explicitly shown here that allows you to create constraints and represents specific conditions. If a perfect card in an additional deck is needed, then a perfect card in the main deck must first be made. If someone wants to circumvent these constraints, there are additional conditions in the form of an overpriced.

P.S. Additional attributes will be reviewed in relation to the main attributes to make them more effective.

Why? Are these tables complete? If so, If I want wisdom, why only dex and HP give it? I don't want to pay 10x times more diamonds because my main deck don't have the atributes that you (in your opinion) are correct for it. Let me play the class I wan't, not what you want. All atributes should be available with the SAME price.

And in what situation do you suppose something could go wrong?

Do you want to have a weak main card, but still make a perfect card in an additional deck? That's not the kind of change we expect.

Maybe bcs the best attributes for each class fits your needs. For mdps: int/matk/sta/HP. Then you can change HP in wis

Absolutely right.

Can you tell us the prices, if you know it?

Unfortunately at the moment I do not have this information. In general, with prices or any conditions, such as how much you have to kill monsters and how much to spray cards to get one or another star - is always in the last place, when the system will be tested and, if necessary, make changes.

We want to give you the most accurate information possible.

Planned changes for the Monster Cards patch

The description is more accurate than the previous one, however, all information is provided for reference only and cannot be considered conclusive. The final information will be available only on the day of the patch.

Overview of the changes:

• Stardom System – sharing cards and more.
    • Changing card attributes on additional decks.
    • Improved Monster Compendium interface.
    • New stones for easier creating better cards.
    • Changes of card types.
    • Activated new card system on 5 next areas.

Stardom

The original point of Stardom is that the player can improve each card with stones at a higher chance. It is possible as well to improve cards, including free options. Maximum star value allows also to share card on additional decks.

Stardom will not be limited to this. There are many ideas for the future which will evolve with the interest shown by players

Stardom means that every qualifying card can now have up to 5 stars. You can acquire them by completing special requirements which have different conditions depending on the level of the stars. Each card has 2 requirement types.

Example: If you have the “Card - Fungus” read and you kill “Fungus” 5 times and disenchant such card 3 times, it will open the possibility to “Rise”.

“Rise” means that when you fulfill the requirements, you have to upgrade the card to get a new star.

For this process you will have to pay currency you can obtain by disenchanting cards in quests. Or you keep the currency and pay diamonds instead.

The table shows an example of the improving chances depending on the level of the stars:

Stars on the cardsRandom Stones100% chance stonesShared Card
    Chance increased by 2 times--
    ⭐⭐Chance increased by 2 timesMain attributes increase from 0.1 to 0.2-
    ⭐⭐⭐Chance increased by 3 timesMain attributes increase from 0.1 to 0.2-
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐Chance increased by 3 timesMain attributes increase from 0.2 to 0.3, and the additional ones from 0.3 to 0.5-
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Chance increased by 4 timesMain attributes increase from 0.3 to 0.4, and the additional ones from 0.5 to 0.7.Available on any deck

Ancient (red color) and other cards that cannot be obtained in large numbers are automatically available on all decks.

Changing card attributes on additional decks

As soon as card reaches 5 Stars, it will appear on all decks. Next you must activate the card by setting its attributes, because attributes from the main deck are not transferred to additional decks.

The concept of changing attributes is simple and does not directly need enhancement stones. If there are good quality attributes in the main deck "Card - Fungus", then in the additional deck on same card, the player will also be able to choose good quality attributes.

Each attribute on the main card includes a LIMITED selection of attributes that can be made available for selection on additional decks.

An example of good and weak quality attributes:

Weak attributes on the main card

Main Deck "Card - Fungus"Additional Deck "Card - Fungus"
    HPSTR or WIS or MATK
    PDEFDEX or INT or PDEF
    MPMDEF
    MDEFMP

Good attributes on the main card

Main Deck "Card - Fungus"Additional Deck "Card - Fungus"
    STAHP or PATK
    STRSTA
    DEXSTR or WIS or MATK
    PATKPDEF or INT

Attribute selection is a paid process. If the attribute on the main card includes the desired attribute, the cost equal 25 diamonds, otherwise - 250 diamonds.

But you don’t have to pay 250 diamonds, you can also change an attribute on the main card with the enhancement stones, so that it has the attribute you want for 25 diamonds.

An example of a table with suggested attribute changes in additional deck:

Main Card DeckWISSTAHPMPPDEFMDEFINTMATKSTRDEXPATK
    Additional Card DeckSTAHP or PATKSTR or MATK or WISMDEFDEX or INT or PDEFMPSTADEX or PDEFSTASTR or WIS or MATKPDEF or INT

We tried to design it that way, so players who play any class and have high quality attributes in the main deck can choose absolutely any combination in the additional decks.

Are you playing a tank? You can build an additional deck (II, III or IV) for a physical, magical, or healing class. The same goes for any other class.

Numerical values of attributes are preserved, but it is important to consider that if the card is of "Magic" type, then when receiving STA attribute from INT, STA will get maximum numerical value characteristic of "Magic" type. In other words, if INT was 8, the STA will become 3, because the "Magic" type has an STA of maximum 3.

Development preview:

I would like to note that the 3rd and 4th decks will be temporarily locked and players will only have access to modifying 50 cards in additional decks (ancient and automatically available cards are not included in this number).

All restrictions will be removed in an upcoming Monster Cards patch.

Improved Monster Compendium interface

Beside the updated interface, the goal of the new GUI is to give you more information about the new card system while keeping everything aesthetic. Wherever you move the mouse cursor, you will see tooltip hints that will help you learn and understand the whole system.

The new interface is partially combined with the old one, but it's temporary, and soon we expect to complete changes of Monster Compendium.

New stones for easier creating better cards

There will be added 4 new stones for diamonds, each stone is responsible for the rarity of the card. They will increase the numerical attribute values to 100% and make the card available on additional decks.

These stones are a quick solution for players who don't have time to participate in the Stardom system. The cost of the stones is unknown at this time.

But the stones have certain properties. If a player wants to receive bonuses from the Stardom system, he needs to develop the card, until then, bonuses will not be available even if the stone is used.

Changes of card types

A new type "Dusty" will be added. This type includes all cards that do not currently participate in the new system by being obtained before activation of new system on certain areas.

The name of the type "Ancient" will be changed to "Unique". It will apply only to hard to obtain cards.

Activated new card system on 5 next areas

With the patch there will be activated new card system on several zones and instances:

• Windmill Basement
    • Elven Island
    • Yrwandis Hollows
    • Taffrock - Southern District
    • Aslan Valley

Please note that only newly looted cards will be included in new system as usually.

In the next few days (1-3) I will provide a more detailed description of the planned patch.

We can't give a timeline for implementation, but we are close to completing all the work soon.

Please be patient, as there are too many subtleties in the current update that we need to anticipate.

I didn't use a single perfect 100% stone, ever. What RNG is in these stones? aren't they perfect 100% already?

RNG in random stones is literally the main problem of the whole system, you should be focusing on these, not in perfect ones.

They have no RNG, they increase 100% by a fixed number. But the higher the stardom on the card, the higher that number will be when using 100% stones.
    Better cards - easier and faster to make the highest numerical values, both at random stones and at 100%

Will the cost be lower in total than the current system? The current one is still very expensive even after the tweaks.

In all of our past, current, and future changes, we try to make it not just cheap, but meaningful and fun. If players increase the stardom of the cards, then they will have a more enjoyable and easier process of improving the cards, as far as increasing the numerical values of the attributes.

But please remember, RNG in any sense of the word remains as RNG. Some are lucky and some are not, but we will try to make it more accessible to most players.

This actually sounds like a very nice idea.

I dont know if it actually would be possible to add an option for magic parfume to only loot monster cards which would increase the quality of life farming monster cards alot.

We do not forget about your requests and will definitely consider this possibility.

GOOD! We still need to see the list but that is a really (really) good solution for me. Farming normal mobs is ok if all the quests, events etc are in my second deck already. Question, are instances included? all of them? none of them? Some are easy but others have some impossible cards.

For now, rare cards but unrestricted game content (events, unique cards, quests, etc.) will not automatically be distributed to additional decks. They will be rare, valuable, and difficult to obtain a higher level star.

Would be really nice if we have acess to those real numbers. Like with 0 stars, 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 how "better" RNG is.

We won't promise or guarantee anything, but as far as I know we will make provision for this. At least if we are talking about 100% stones, how it will be for random stones is still unknown.

Hmm could Rake or anyone explain this better? I think I didn't understand. :/

There will be a specific table that explicitly specifies which attributes on a card from the main deck will allow you to choose attributes on cards in additional decks. This will also be available to players, but in a more clear and simplified form, in the compendium.

To give you an example:

Card #1 of the main deck has the following attributes:

1. DEX

2. STR

3. STA

4. PATK

With these attributes, in an additional deck the player will be able to have ONE of the following attributes:
    1. DEX → STA

2. STR → HP or PATK or PDEF

3. STA → INT or PDEF or STR

4. PATK → MATK or WIS or STR or HP

You may notice that a bunch of attributes on a card from the main deck (dex, str, sta, patk) will make a card in an additional deck for the magic class (sta, hp, int, matk) or for the tanking class (sta, pdef, str, hp) or for the healing class (sta, hp, pdef, wis).

But for the example, I took a quality combination of attributes on a card from the main deck (dex, str, sta, patk). If I had randomly chosen attributes, such as (dex, mdef, int, patk), I would be unlikely to get quality attributes when choosing on an additional deck.

All this is just an example and to explain the principle in more detail.

So this means, we can use multiple decks at the same time in the future? Or do we have to decide between the untouched/vanilla/original and the manipulated decks?

Depending on your preference, you will only be able to choose one deck. But you can change it to another at any time if you decide to temporarily change your game class.

Last Patch

In the last patch, the 2nd and 3rd decks were disabled:

• You will not be able to place new cards in a 2-3 deck.
    • You will be able to draw cards from 2-3 decks.
      • We recommend that you do this soon, so that the improved system does not conflict with the cards currently placed.
    • All of these changes are necessary to improve additional decks, as well as the principle of the RNG.

Planned Changes
    (in one of the following patches)
    All changes described may be corrected/modified/deleted before introducing patch, and all information is for reference only.

Stardom for monster cards (a kind of ranking system). It will increase the chances of getting high numerical values for attributes, and also allows cards from the main deck to be available in additional decks.

Features

• Changed GUI in the Card Book.
    • By default, each card has 0 stars. A maximum of 5 stars is possible.
    • To increase the star level of the card you need:
      • Kill a conditional amount of a particular monster, on the card which you wish to increase the rank.
      • Get a conditional amount of a particular card and spend them in a special new GUI to increase the rank.
      • Unique (ancient) cards do not belong to this system and will automatically be available on an additional deck without any manipulation.
      • Cards from various events, quests, and any other places that may be in limited supply also automatically become available for additional decks.

Properties

• Selection of attributes on additional decks:
      • The choice is limited to the attributes of cards from the main deck.
      • If you haphazardly collect attributes on the main deck, you won't be able to pick quality attribute bundles on the complementary deck.
      • Selecting each attribute requires a fixed number of diamonds.
    • The higher the star level on the monster cards, the higher the chance of getting high numerical attribute values:
      • When improving with random stones.
      • With an improvement of 100% stones.

The rest of the details will be available later or on the day the patch is introduced.

Situation with multiple decks, I'll add to this thread the fact that improvements are being made. Once we make a final decision, which will be waiting in one of the next patches, we will provide more information on what this will roughly look like.

As well as a number of other positive changes that should affect the new card system as a whole.

Thank you all for your feedback, including criticism. We value every opinion and will try to make the card system better.

This is what I wrote about. Can't you propose changes to us in time? So that we can tell you what we think about it? Ultimately, we are the recipients of the product, we should know what we will get.

Now we will wait another few months for better times? And then what? Will we get another missed patch? Which will give us the same rng but in a liitle nicer form?

We understand your frustration. The lack of premature information is justified by the fact that any changes that are planned can be cancelled, and in turn the player could expect this, as a result, players will be angry. With every new change we get feedback and yes, we do hear players' opinions, but that doesn't always mean that the changes will be exactly what you expect them to be.

No one has promised that there won't be an RNG in the card system. It will be, but we are working to make it more enjoyable and interesting.

We are always doing patches as fast as possible, when in the same time we are trying to make them bug-free, but it's not always possible.

The amount of possible issues with amount of code our DEVs are dealing with is huge, when considering how in how many different ways our players interacting with the game environment.

Why, after changing the stones, I have no choice what kind I can replace it, but it happens randomly?!? !!?!?! Since I was buying a stone before and knew what I wanted to buy, why now do I have to count on rng to change the stone?!?! You really showed off with this pack

Please tell me more about your situation. I will try to help you.

And a question. What are ancient cards in the Ranking and how they are calculated?

An answer to this would be good. How is it possible that people have 4k+ amount of cards in ranking, if there are only ~2600 cards available? Bug?

Greetings,

At the moment there are some bugs that do not correctly display the information in the rankings. We will fix this in one of the coming patches. Please wait for it.

Greetings

With all the recent changes, I would like to know if there are any new thoughts on the card system?

- What are the general impressions?

- Is there anything you would like to add? Something to remove? Change something? Improve?

I'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions. A new patch for the card system with a big list of changes is coming soon and maybe your feedback can bring something new/additional to this or one of the next patches.