Weapon damage bugs?

• Hi,

I noticed, that the physical damage for e.g. at bows (screen 1) is boosted from ranged weapon mastery and many other skills like hunter stance and arrow of essence.

On screen 2 you see, that also the damage from arrows are boosted from those skills.

But why is the damage on clothes and set bonus calculated different? On Screen 3 you see that the damage from the item is not boosted from ranged weapon mastery. Even hunter stance and arrow of essence seems to have no effect on damage stats.

Only buffs that increase "damage" have an effect. Skills/buffs which increase ranged damage seems to have no effect on pure damage bonus on set bonus and items.

Is this intended or a bug?

PS: On melees the passives like "finishing hammer" works on damage stats on items and setbonus

Kind regards

• xLutinex

Changed the title of the thread from “Ranged weapon damage” to “Weapon damage bugs?”.
  • I tested more about weapon damage on melee now.

In the first picture you see my physical damage without eq (1% dmg card is active).

In the second you see my physical damage with only the upper body. Third picture shows the stats on the item.

In the fourth picture you see the holy Illumination+50 skill, which i use.

The last picture shows the calculated physical damage after the buff is active. It is way beyond the 10% in the tooltip. This is not only for this skill. I tested around and guess, the ALL buff which increase the "physical damage" or "damage" will calculated twice on stats of items and set bonus. But only for melee damage calculation :)

Maybe someone could check the code. I guess there is a mistake that dmg stats and set bonus will calculated twice with those buffs.

Kind regards

• While the bug described by Lutine obviously exists, I strongly disagree in fixing it.

Why ? First off, the damage calculation never was consistent among different classes. For example, magical classes do have a global magical weapon damage, the magical damage from the offhand ist added to the total. This is not true for physical weapon damage, where the offhand does only serve as a statstick.

Hence balancing always directly referred to the status quo. While physical classes like the champion would easily compensate the substantial amount of damage lost by fixing this bug, other physical dps classes that are already struggeling in the competition would suffer a lot. It would make said balancing a lot more difficult.

• Yes you are right. If they would fix this without balancing the classes like warrior, warden or rogue, they would suffer a lot and would be more and more useless in camparison with champ. So pls if someone would check this and mark this as a bug, get in mind that classes like the champ would be more op

• Official Post

It is intended and as mentioned in description of such boost effects, it is only affecting damage of ranged weapons, not "ranged damage".

As you may noticed, arrow is an ammunition, so it is correct behaviour that ranged weapon damage boosts aren't affecting damage caused by an ammunition.

If you think strings of your client language is wrong, let us know.

Regards

• I know "ranged damage". But stats like "Physical damage" on Items increasing melee and ranged physical damage. So why wouldn't increase buffs like arrow of essence the extra damage from items, which are increasing the ranged weapon.

Maybe miss understanding of the question? :)

• Official Post

As it is said, such boosts are only increasing damage of your ranged weapon, not increasing your ranged damage. On other side, physical damage boosts doesn't increase damage of your ranged weapon, but ranged damage.

Ranged damage is result of some sort of calculation that is including damage of ranged weapon, and general damage boosts which are including damage of ranged weapon (i.e.: Physical Damage ), which means general damage boosts won't get affected by ranged weapon damage boosts.

This is supposed to be same for all other damage boost types that is dedicated especially to a weapon type or type group.

Regards

• This is supposed to be same for all other damage boost types that is dedicated especially to a weapon type or type group.

And this is exactly the point of this thread: It is not. Maybe its supposed to, but its not the case.

While using for example an IS Axe with 0 dmg and activating the Wardens lv99 ISS (that you yourself changed a while ago), which should ONLY boost the Axe's dmg, nothing else according to your statement, the dmg from my armor gets boostet as well.

So something here is definetly wrong.

This also is the case with all melee classes passive "weapon mastery" skills, which according to your statement should only boost the weapons damage, but those skills boost the dmg boni from armor+sets as well, while wearing a matching weapon type for that passive.

Yet not the ranged weapon mastery.

So something here is definetly wrong.

Please clarify.

If after all some bug should be detected here, PLEASE remember that fixing this bug will result in a quite substantial change in dmg-output of affected classes, be it ranged or melee. So note the need for further balancing in that case.

Cheers!

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• This is supposed to be same for all other damage boost types that is dedicated especially to a weapon type or type group.

hmm like Melodic said. It is not like you said Byte.

Because of no reaction :/

Here are some proof screens of a melee class (like champion). It is the same mechanic on ALL MELEE classes!

Without anything (no %-dmg card btw)

Physical Damage with a weapon.

All fine so far. But now, Physical damage with an upper body with "Physical Damage" on it. Like you said byte, it is no "Hammer damage" so it should not be buffed by "Finishing Hammer" Skill, but it is like you see here

The Upper Body I used is shown here

That is one point. All melee damages are effected by their "specific" passives for dagger and others. You said Byte, that this should not be like it is right?

Here is one more bug then. The damage calculation for melee physical damage (only melee damage!) when you have an active buff which increases "Physical Damage"

In the screen above you see, that the buff is somehow like double calculated for the upper body and the 100 physical damage card.

The buff I used is

So btw: Even the card Physical Damage of this card is buffed from "Finishing Hammer"

So summarized I can say, that the damage calculation for melee damage is a bug in some way, because it is totally different from ranged damage and is totally different from what you said Byte. Please check the code, I guess it is not intended, when you say

"This is supposed to be same for all other damage boost types that is dedicated especially to a weapon type or type group."

• Official Post

Hello,

Thanks for reminding me this topic. After doing various tests last month, I can confirm that there is a logic issue indeed - because of lacking information in game -, but unfortunately forgot to notify you in this post while working on it.

We will consider either changing this mechanic and also keep scout balanced or add more information to clarify the situation, along with Class Balance patch.

Greetings

• Dear Byte and rest of the team,

Since we are talking about possible damage bugs, one I was always wondering and not sure if intended -

if you are a scout, using different arrows will directly increase ranged physical damage (on char) by significant amount, which is why best arrows are commonly used. Yet, for say rogue with projectiles, different projectiles do NOT add to the melee physical damage (on char), thus there is no significant reason to use stronger projectiles (difference is marginal).

Could you please check if this is intended or not, and if not either remove additional range damage scouts get from the arrows, or have similar additional damage added to melee classes who use projectiles. I am always in favor of adding... :)

Thanks!

• As far as I know projectiles like throwing weapons have no impact at all on physical dmg displayd or its resulting dealt melee dmg...

Just as logic tells you: their dmg is added to the ranged physical dmg on display because they are throwing weapons and their dmg is used as a base for all skills like Throw and all other skills which are based on throwing weapon dps.

Arrows damage also is only added to ranged physical weapon dmg, not to melee physical dmg, so I dont see what issue your request is based on in the first place... :/

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• Projectiles working as intended like melodic said.

Interface in German language but you can see Ranged-Damage, because projectiles are ranged weapons.

Pushing all classes up to god mode is not what a game like this needs.

You can open a Bugreport for magical damage, if you think that the calculation (mainhand + offhand are added together) of it is not correct, but also there I would say it is intended.

Closed the thread.