Posts by robopoke

Regarding Mage/Warden

Earth Core Barrier (ID: 499620) allows each spell to hit again with less power. However, Earth Splitting Explosion (ID: 490243; ISS level 80) does not get the benefit.

I remember a similar issue with Rogue/Scout, when Substitute in the past was not triggering with any ISS. When this was brought to attention, you have changed Substitute to be only triggered with Range Skills but you increased the second hit considerably as balance.

From these two facts I conclude, that there is a technical difficulty implementing intended effects on ISS.

Suggestion:

If my conclusion is wrong, please add Earth Splitting Explosion to be triggered with Earth Core Barrier, as well.

If my conclusion is correct, please implement a similar workaround as seen with Substitute from Rogue/Scout by boosting only specific type of skills, but increase the boost accordingly.

Auction House

Promoting

• Added option to promote offers with special backgrounds, top of search and dashboard (opening of AH).

It would be nice if Promoting is set to Bronze, Silver or Gold that before putting the item in Auction House you get a Warning like this:

"Promoting this will cost xyz Dias. Proceed?"

In addition, the standard value should be "None" after logging off.

I have clicked on the Promoting 2 days ago to take a look and had it set to "Silver". Then when I logged in today to sell an item, it still had the promoting of Silver active from two days ago. This "feature" of saving settings and the lack of warning message costed me 4k dias +. Glad it was not Gold..

Gyazo
    gyazo.com

Regarding Mage/Druid

1)

Currently, Subterraneous Blade (ID: 494564) does regular damage for Green Guardian Stacks between 0 and 19. Only with 20/20 Stacks of Green Guardian, you do damage twice. This feels very unnatural and punishes moving even slightly too much.

Suggestion:

Modifiy Damage of Subterraneous Blade to be continuous. For each stack increase its damage by 5%. If at max stack, you get 100% damage boost which is the same as two hits at 20 Stacks currently.

In this example if you have 13 Stacks, you do +65%. With 20 Stacks you do +100%.

2)

Green Guardian Stacks is based on Nature Power of Druid-Class. However, Druids have Focus of Mother Nature (ID: 493548) which allows the player to keep its stacks while this buff is active.

Suggestion:

Modifiy one of the elite, so that after using Elemental Catalysis (ID: 497971) the player keeps its Green Guardian Stacks for the duration.

Scout/Rogue

The bleed from skill "Poisonous Spit(ID:493253)" seem to be using main hand weapon dmg for its dmg calculation (T12 dagger (543.8k/proc) , T15 (586k/proc) . Is this intended? If not can it be changed to use ranged weapon dmg instead. It doesn’t make sense for initial skill hit to use ranged wep dmg and for the bleed to use main hand wep.

I agree with you.

Unfortunately, all Rangeskills with Bleedproc (including Vampire Arrow) are based on mainhand dps which also does not make sense.

Regarding Druid/Rogue.

This class has an elite Skill "Corrosive Poison" which inflicts DoT but it does not get boosted by Cast Speed. I think this is a design flaw, since this class is a CPS-based class.

Many other skills from DPS-based classes with DoT scale with dmg and speed.

Since this DoT is spreadable to AoE it could potentially boost AoE-Dmg of Druid/Rogue too much. Therefor the damage value of Corrosive Poison should be closely monitored and potentially adjusted.

However, it would be nice if this class was a bit more viable after its buff-nerf-cycle.

After paying more attention in iniruns I also saw that in rare occasions the last stack stays but it is difficult to reproduce constantly.

I think if the next skill used would consume x stacks instantly and your current stack is between (x-1) and (x+1) the last stack stays. So for Wound Attack your stack has to be between 2 and 4.

Is this abusable? I dont think so unless you want to wait for your stacks to fall within the Intervall which can lose you dps. Nonetheless, it can boost dps in some scenarios so should be fixed sooner or later.

Regarding Druid/Warrior

This class is nearly dead because it cannot keep up with any viable DPS class.

While the single target burst is not the worst, it is lacking in sustain single target and aoe (both burst and sustain).

Can you change "Heart of the Wild" (499953) to increase all Axes' dmg not only 2h axe. A faster wep + %PVE dmg from new dps shield will give a needed boost to this combo.

Yes and please this:

The description is old and not updated. For example even the part about "Cannot use during combat" is not true anymore.

One aspect that i fount really odd in the Rogue/Bard is the behavior of Premeditation. Specifically, it vanishes upon executing "Combo throw + throw". Conversely, when initiating "combo throw" with any other ability, the buff effect persists for the entire 10 seconds.

Videos :

The behaviour of the first scenario makes sense. But the behaviour in the second video looks like a bug. Is it just a visual bug or not? Does this only happen for Rogue/Bard?

Since we agree here a little summary for clarity if devs decide to implement this for Slash on Warrior/Champ and Warrior/Druid:

1) Reduce bleed proc for those Slashes from 2 seconds to 1 second and reduce the bleed dmg to 25% of the current value

OR

2) Stop bleed timer from resetting, and have it proc on target as long as the debuff is active but nerf bleed damage to 50% of current value.

I prefer 1) because I think it would be easier to implement.

Overall this update would allow Warrior/Champ and Warrior/Druid to finally make use of Bleeddmg from Slash but with a tradeoff so they do not become overpowered.

The tradeoff is some bosses or mobs die so fast that for example Warrior/Scout is better of using high DPS skills. If you know target will survive bleed procs, then Slash early makes sense. But that delays high DPS skills => tradeoff and Player has to decide which macro to use.

If Warrior/Champ and Warrior/Druid get the Update based on your post it is without tradeoff, because no brain Power and decision fatigue needed.

I hope we agree here.

Regarding implementing a fair tradeoff:

Seren actually suggested half DMG with 1 sec Bleedproc which results in equal DPS to regular DMG with 2 sec proc. I disagree with this as well.

I think a fair tradeoff would be your first suggestion but with half dmg.

Or Serens suggestion with 1 sec bleed proc but 25% original Bleedproc DMG (equals 50% bleeddmg with 2 sec proc).

I disagree 80%.

Other Warriors have to waste a GCD with a weak Slash to get a strong bleed. For example Warrior/Scout has to consider wether to use Slash early or use its strong DPS skills first. There is a tradeoff.

For Warrior/Champ and Warrior/Druid there is no tradeoff. Now, does it suck that bleed never procs in single target? Yes of course! Is the solution to allow these classes to have Bleed damage without tradeoff? Here my answer is a clear no.

Imo there has to be a tradeoff of some kind.

EDIT: Also would be nice that if you talk about flawless Slash that you actually show us a flawless Slash in the Video.

Another hint:

Warrior/Champ can actually trigger Bleedproc in single target very easily but I leave the how to the Imagination of the Chaindps.

Regarding Rogue/Knight.

I know that there is change planned in the future with no ETA. That is why I just wanna come with a quick fix with low effort but high return so this class is more playable as Tank before it gets its full update.

Can you make Dismarment an AoE aggro skill? Thats it. Thanks!

Yes, I also agree that 2h Hammer became useless with the explanations and calculations you have made (thanks for the effort btw).

My anecdote for Rogue/Champion:

2h Hammer is still considerably stronger in fullburst. But for me personally I rather just have 1h Hammer. At least I can use that weapon for Bard/Champion.

I dont agree personally and I am ready for the hate :D

With it being usable during combat, it would be too strong because it hast no global CD without cast. This could allow players to save their Premediation exactly before Would Attack for guaranteed crit and 50% DMG every 20 Seconds.

Also Curse Runes, House Maid and Warp Charge can reduce it to 1sec easily. I like this because Leather can keep Curse for Scoutdps.

Unfortunately, Katana Rogues can only use 1 Curserune. So Katana DPS should get a free 20% castspeedbuff imo.

Another Option is if anything to change cast to a constant 1second Channel like Combo Shot which cannot be reduced by castspeedbuffs.

Warden/Warlock is good in Dark Core but bad in other instances. The following observation is based on personal experience and in Dark Core:

It is above average in singletarget sustain damage. But burstdmg is average.

Aoedmg is average for sustain, but below average in fullburst.

Overall the class is ok, but Warden/Rogue is better in most cases.

While Warden/Rogue has slightly weaker sustain dmg, its burst is significantly stronger. If your tank likes to do many CDs and wait alot, Warden/Rogue is better. If your tank likes to just keep pulling, Warden/Warlock is as strong as Warden/Rogue.

Personally, I prefer Warden/Rogue. Reason for that is you can teleport your Pet with Charged Chop, a skill you use every second anyway and has no global Cooldown. Warden/Warlock can teleport Pet as well, but you need to use a GCD Skill that you usually do not use every second (unless your Pet has fullburst vs Boss). This does reduce your overall dmg in sustain situations in areas where you have to run alot.

Overall Warden/Warlock is a good class but it is limited to Dark Core (like most Wardens). It is nice you can give yourself Warp Charge which makes it good for unreliable Warlocks in party or for solo play. Also as a Warden you can absorb two hits fully, which can help you dying less if your gameplay or the tanks aggro is inconsistent.

Also it is a bit harder to play compared to Warden/Rogue, because you have to check position of your Pet while running and teleport it with your GCD skill. This requires you to be aware of Pet position at all times (no pet no dmg).

You can still play Warden/Warlock or other Wardens in other instances, but usually Warriors or Champion are stronger in them. Tbh, even in Dark Core Wardens are outperformed by Warriors and Champions if your Gear and character is endgame.

Surprisingly enough, Warden/Warlock and other Wardens or petclasses are stronger than other Chain classes, if your Gear is bad. The reason for that is your Pet does most damage. But the better your Gear becomes, the less dmgboost you get for your pet but your dps as player increases. At the highend, Warriors and Champ outperform.

Regarding Premeditation:

Changed Premeditation: Meditate shortly to make your next 10 offensive spell damage to inflict always critical damage for 10 seconds. Using Wound Attack while having this buff will increase its damage by 50%. Cost: 20 Energy Cast Time: 2 seconds Cooldown: 20 seconds.

I appreciate it being able to be usable while combat. However, there are three issues that come to my mind after testing a bit:

1) AoE Skills will consume as many stacks as targets hit. So you can literally "waste" your stacks within 1 second.

-> Count AoE Skill as 1 skill regardless of how many targets it hits

2) Whitehits consume a stack as well

-> Blacklist Whitehits so they will never consume a stack

3) After 1) and 2) is fixed, I can get behind the idea of a 10 Stack limit. All Rogue-Classes should be able to get off Wound Attack within 10 skills after all. BUT there is a 10 second timer. So even if 1) and 2) is fixed, it is still almost impossible to get off Wound Attack the time will run out before you can make use of your 10 hits.

-> Remove any timer. A stack limit is enough.

EDIT:

2) Seems like Whitehits do not consume a stack (good) but skills triggered by Whitehits are (for example RP Poisonous Hit or RWl Dark Soul Smelt). -> These should be whitelisted like Whitehits.

Regarding melee Bards (Bard/Warden, Bard/Warrior, Bard/Rogue and Bard/Champion).

They are squishy and die in one hit. Champions, Rogues and Warrior have their specific skill to at least tank 1 hit. Even Wardens have a skill to absorb 2-4 hits completely.

Suggestion:

Modify level 15 Elite to additionally reduce incoming damage by ~25%.

Regarding Scout/Warden.

Combo Shot reduces critical resistance of target by 310.8 points for 15 seconds. After it has 30 seconds cool down.

I don't think I have to explain that this is quite useless. Also Scout/Warden feels very underwhelming as dps.

Suggestions:

Add a DoT effect to Combo Shot similar to Scout/Rogue. This would boost single target sustain damage slightly.

Make Savage Power passive similar to Rogue/Warden. This would boost sustain damage slightly.

Anything planned for R/S since now with assasins Rage only buffing main hand, mostly all of R/S elite skill are not getting benefit from it.

Yes 100% agree. The skill should boost all damage except offhand. Another option is to consider changing one of the elite to passively boost Gun damage slightly.

In addition I want to talk about Shot. Unfortunately, there is no reason to use Shot because Joint Blow is stronger. But there is an elite Skill for Shot.

A few suggestions (only pick one please):

a) Remove sharing cool down of Shot and Joint Blow. But reduce power of Shot from 601% to 50%.

b) Allow Shot to be a range skill (200) while Joint Blow stays 50 (similar to Scout/Champ).

c) After using Shot you will get a buff. Buff: Next Channel of Fast Draw will not miss. After Buff has been consumed, buff can not be obtained for ~ 20 seconds.

Regarding Warrior/Scout.

This class does not use Sword Breath and Shot

Possible suggestions for Shot (please only pick one):

a) Allow Shot to reflect to another target.

b) Boost Shot dps to the same as Joint Blow but keep it singletarget.

c) Shot recovers 15 Focus.

d) Remove GCD of Shot but reduce its power to something like 50%.

Suggestion Sword Breath:

Sword of Breath leaves a deep wound in the target.

Aim for the wound:

Before: 1332% Range DPS

After: 800% + 800% (if debuff)

Warrior/Scout is already strong just trying to make some elite useful.

Rogue

• Increased Assassins Rage main hand damage gain to 20% from 12%.

Rogue/Champion

• Increased Assassins Rage main hand damage gain to 32% from 20%.
    • Changed Poison Feedback to trigger Disassemble with 20% chance with regular attacks when its fully stacked. (requires an hammer)

Thanks for the quick response!

I also want to mention, that Rogue/Champion has been severely nerfed as well:

Changed Assassins Rage to increase main hand weapon damage instead of physical damage.

Before it was 20% physical damage (~30% stronger hits) now it is just 20% stronger hits. This is a nerf of about 8.3% in burst.

So it stands to reasoning to increase the 20% to 30% and of course the 12% to 18% for other Rogues assuming the intention is to only nerf offhand-based Rogues.

Arena of Darkness

• Reduced Nero Millionaire title offhand damage gain to 15% from 20%.

It would be nice for people who bought this title from AoD for this reason that they get back get back 5000 AoD-Coins. Will this be possible? Because now you can just use DC Title 532093 which is literally the same for Badgesystem.

Rogue

Changed Assassins Rage to increase main hand weapon damage instead of physical damage.

You took probably the worst classspecific burstbuff and made it even worse. I understand the intention to nerf Rogues who do offhand damage (RWl, RW and RM) but you also nerfed Katana Rogues. Here is why:

Before it was 12% Damage buff which everybody knows translates to ~15% - 18% increased damage because of dmg from Gear, Robot etc. and depending on how many %dmgbuffs you stack (unique behavior for % pdmg buffs).

Now it is a 12% mainhandweapon buff which means all dmg from Gear does not get affected. So you literally just boost by 12%.

If the goal was to just nerf offhand Rogues I suggest to increase the value from 12% to 18%. If the goal is to nerf offhand Rogues and other Rogues, keep it. But from reading the other notes I assume the nerfs are targeted directly at offhand Rogues so please consider increasing the value to based on the explanation given.

Rogue

Changed Premeditation to increase Wound Attack damage by 50% instead of 20, decreased duration to 10 seconds from 15.

Can you please also fix that in Dark Core you have combat almost permanently? This skill is useless most of the time unless you play Rogue/Mage.

With only 10 seconds uptime and the time needed to wait until tank pulls mobs together, realistically you only can make use of 3 seconds bufftime. Also classes like Rogue/Warden and Rogue/Warrior need to use 2-3 Global Cooldowns to buff up their pdmg/patk before they can even start their bleed rotation. If anything, remove the Wound Attack boost completely and increase duration to 20 seconds.

Another option is to make Premeditation usable in Combat with no Global CD (like Rogue/Mage) and to make Rogue/Mage Elite useful by decreasing CD from 40 to 30. In that case, a 10 second uptime is justified.