Posts by robopoke

65% is quite accurate for this class. I gained well above 40% actual dmg from Berserk or using dmgfood for example I gained around 34% actual dmg. This is without new sets. Rogue/Warlock for example (a class with little pdmgbuffs) gains maybe 23%-24%?

Just trying to confirm players feeling that the nerf is indeed bigger than just 10.5%.

Is Warrior/Scout still viable? Sure. But the other updates hit it hard, as well.

Regarding Waiting Game 12% Patk loss and 5% pdmg gain. Probably similiar outcome for regular hits, but big nerf to Slash Bleed damage.

Vampire Arrow being ranged DoT? Decent nerf (good for Scouts though). Make it scale with Patk? Big nerf.

Overall I like the changes because imo W/S was too strong anyway but maybe it would have made more sense to ease into the many changes it got.

Yea and the PS part is the big issue. You actually lost almost 30% dmg because of how it works.

you did the same mistake taking only the numbers and not calculating

Just consider each 1% pdmg as 1.65% more final dmg then you will have bigger values to divide by and come to around 15%.

EDIT:

For Clarity (just failed boss so have time)

94% Pdmg -> ~155% dmg

74% pdmg -> ~120% dmg

so 255%/220%=~15-16%

Yea and the PS part is the big issue. You actually lost almost 30% dmg because of how it works.

EDIT. Prob more like 15-16% dmgloss

Kudos asking for a nerf of a class you play. This adds credibility but I would kindly ask you and other influental players to wait a bit longer, before writing a post for three reasons where its conclusions are drawn from scrut.

1) Other guilds might have a different experience due to multiple reasons including tank pulling behaviour, classes used in party (for example lots of defreducer classes make def ignoring DoTs weaker in comparison) and as you said current Level of Gear and even Patk buff.

2) There have been posts by LL in forum with scruts of other classes where other guilds have different experience (e.g. Warden/Rogue being OP in Dark Core). Fallen e.g. had a different experience. Then when random runs started, it was suddenly just average. Not saying Warrior/Warlock would be just average given natural course of action, but you can never be 100% sure.

3) Waiting longer can give you and other players writing a post more time to reflect and try the class in many different group setups.

My personal anecdote:

Reading the initial patch notes I was very excited. Bought 2h Sword, tested Warrior/Warlock alot in Itnal, kept rolling for good stat in weapon but needed 1-2 more days to try it myself in Orkham. I even sold my Katana since if I have a 2h Sword, I can Play Warrior/Scout with that and use Spear for Bleed if needed.

Now I read, that the skill has been disabled. Awesome, Crystals wasted, Katana sold and I cannot even try this class once myself to confirm your experience.

"Following changes will be applied only in custom instances until next patch.

rience."

Devs, can you include Itnal lager as well for testing purposes?

#### Warrior/Champion

• Changed Vendetta Blow to require 2-H Hammer, changed damage type to physical blunt.
    • Changed Bloody Slash → Bloody Strike to require 2-H Hammer, changed damage type to physical blunt.
    • Changed Stifling Attack to require 2-H Hammer.
    • Increased Unbridled Rage stats to 19.6% from 16%.

These are exciting changes! Quick thoughts:

1. Rage management is a bit tough without Katana, esp AoE.

2. 2h Hammer does 0 bleed dmg which makes sense but you lose on overall perfomance. The buff with Unbridlled Rage seems to aim to compensate that.

Suggestion:

Change Shock Strike to cost HP instead of Rage.

Edit:

Since we lost Slash Bleed damage can you fix Whirlwind DoT from magical to physical?

8e77b962af4b51978f3df293607fb9de.png

Can you consider updating this global value to ~ 50%? Wardens and Priest/Warrior are currently underperforming heavily, even in Orkham.

I also did not hear that Mage/Scouts and Priest/Scouts are breaking the meta.

I am glad to see posts like this because in the previous discussion the topic was biased towards highend players.

From what I see is that the happier endgame players are with Gold, the unhappier newbies are and vice versa. So whatever solution (if any) gets implemented, a happiness of around 6.66/10 for all players would be desirable imo.

My suggestion to devs is to make a google survey soon and repeat the survey every 8 weeks.

In this survey ask questions like:

"Are you a beginner or endgameplayer ?" Scale 1-10 (1= total beginner, 10=endgame player)

"Please type in your ingame name for confirmation (will be censored during survey results)" : IGN = (insert playername)

"How happy are you with the current gold economy?" Scale 1 - 10

"How do you feel about Gold Gasha from Atlas?" Scale 1 - 10 (1=not good, 10=perfect, don't change a thing)

"How do you feel about Set Skill Extraction costs?" Scale 1 - 10 (1=not good, 10=perfect, don't change a thing)

"How do you feel about Rune Extraction costs?" (1=not good, 10=perfect, don't change a thing)

"How do you feel about Guild Buff Tower costs?"(1=not good, 10=perfect, don't change a thing)

"How do you feel about Monster cards statting costs?"(1=not good, 10=perfect, don't change a thing)

"Do you regularly buy Gold from Gold NPC?" Scale 1 - 10 (1=never, 10=every day)

"If you farm Gold: Do you farm Gold for selling or for own use?" Scale 1 - 10 (1= own use, 5=half use, half sell, 10= all sell)

"What course of actions would you take to change the gold economy"?

(Free text)

Analyze the results, publish and discuss them here. Take action if one group predictably is unhappier than the other by reducing/increasing gold demand.

Once a stable and decent happiness score has been established, you can increase the cycle from 8 weeks to 16 weeks.

AoD for me is very boring and I am happy that I am done with it :D

But maybe I will do a speedrun 1-10 in the future.

Priest/Warrior

can you make elite skill lvl70 Violent Kick has ability to wear 2h axe too, like on Druid/Warrior so it can have better pdps

Thanks

Spear is actually better in most cases and has stronger Bleed damage. Do not rely on the DPS you see on the weapon to conclude that 2h Axe is better. DMG-Stats from Gear is atkspeed-independant and is more valuable with faster weapons.

It was 99.9% obvious that this is an unintended Bug but I understand how Tarsq came to his conclusion. Imo it was avoidable by Byte, if he explained that Tarsqs conclusion (95 ISS -> 104 ISS works so 104 ISS -> 95 ISS should work, too) while correct is not what will be fixed, but the assumption itself.

Either way, Warden having 15% Atkspeed twice is not op at all because even before fix, both ISS had shared Cooldown of 8 Seconds. So even if it got "fixed" to Tarsqs expectation, you use 104 ISS, wait 8 second, use 95 ISS and get 15% Atkspeed again with 50% Chance. Now you only have 7 seconds left of the first 15 % Atkspeed and 15 second of the new 15% Atkspeed. If we were talking about Rogue/Warlock or if it was 15% PDMG instead, then yes, that would be op. So I think it is a bit too much to compare that to 50000% dps skill on knight.

Tbh I am more surprised by how quick the unintended bug got fixed. Gj devs

You know, that 15% atkspeed on a Scout is significantly weaker than how it is for melee? For melee it would have been correct:

1/(1-15%)=~ 1.176

after formula change maybe yes. a bit. but even if it is only 10% increase, it's 10% and multiplied with 18% of mana blood arrow, which is more than than berserk damage. even without looking at attack values / movespeed and so on (and btw the movespeed is an important thing atm in every instance... first hit wins)

Berserk is a 26.2% dmg buff but it increases your damage by more than that.

Depending on how op your Gear is and of course depending on which class, you can expect it to increase your dmgvalue by 40% or more. Why does this happen?

% dmgbuffs for physical classes work in a unique way. For example if you have 100k damage from Weapon but 10k dmg from gear and thus total dmg is 110k common sense dictates the following:

110k * 1.262 = 138820

However, dmg from Gear and also cards get considered twice. So for mainweapon:

100k * 1.262 = 126200

for Gear and cards:

10k * 1.262² = 15926.44

Total = 126200 + 15926.44 = 142126.44.

Now this is not much higher than the common sense approach of 138820. But the more % dmg buffs you stack (Blood Arrow, Tamb, Berserk etc.) the more valuable the dmg from Gear becomes. This is why OP Gear on physical classes make a huge difference on final damage values.

Therefore I prefer moncef approach to not compare % values you see on description, but final values that actually appear in scrut. Not saying I agree with his assessment but that is because I never played Scout in very serious situations because I know they suck compared to Rogues.

You know, that 15% atkspeed on a Scout is significantly weaker than how it is for melee? For melee it would have been correct:

1/(1-15%)=~ 1.176

Via skill definition, there are Rogues who will always excel with WB Offhand. Rogue/Champ, Rogue/Mage, Rogue/Warrior, Rogue/Warlock. These are 4 classes. So his statement is only interesting for:

Rogue/Warden, Rogue/Bard, Rogue/Scout and Rogue/Priest.

For those I personally agree Katana should be better if properly played. Would you agree with that, as well?

As I play as a scout, more and a rogue, I will allow myself to express my opinion on the subject - katana and dagger.

So, changing anything will destroy the current balance, which in my opinion has been the most stable for several months. Katana is better than daggers on r/wd and r/s, and at the same time playable on the rest of the combinations. End of story - it doesn't need buffs and combos because it will exacerbate these two classes. As for r/wl, r/w, or r/m, which are supposedly so powerful, yes, they are strong, but r/wl performs best on Nom, WB, and that's where its power ends because it lacks AoE damage (except for one skill). Therefore, this class is unique.

R/w, supposedly so powerful - take classes that are typically strong in AoE (s/m, b/r, b/ch) and see how well r/w will perform - it won't impress you, and it will even look like a support class. R/w can wreak havoc when it has time to unfold, but when it doesn't, the class is at least good if not average.

Just as katanas, daggers also have their place in the game. Don't impose katanas on all classes just because you want to. Diversity has its benefits. No one forces a gun on scouts, and it could be done (I won't comment on bows and crossbows because they are rotational weapons, and in most combinations, it's good to have both a bow and a crossbow). In summary, the katana is strong, and it seems well-balanced. It allows achieving powerful results on r/wd, and with perfect gameplay, it's not much weaker on most rogue combinations.

I am very curious how you came to the conclusion, that Katana is better than Dagger+WB offhand on Rogue/Warden and Rogue/Scout.

Rogue/Warden:

DPS in singletarget is actually equal assuming you have perfect hits. Dagger is better in the first 10-15 seconds because the hits are stronger while Katana has to "win" back the lack of elemental damage with Perfect Slices which come later into play. However, Dagger has less Aggro and more precision which is important for overall damage. Also you never have perfect hits in the first place.

DPS in AoE is better with Dagger. Perfect Slice's impact in overall AoE-damage is too weak.

Rogue/Scout:

This class does most damage with Gun. Also while you are channeling Fast Draw, Perfect Slice is not usable. In addition to this, thanks to how damage on Gear and %dmg buffs work (Rogue/Scout has many of those buffs) Dagger hits are just simply stronger than Katana even on non-elemental skills. I have tested this in great detail.

Rogue/Warrior:

"R/w, supposedly so powerful - take classes that are typically strong in AoE (s/m, b/r, b/ch) and see how well r/w will perform - it won't impress you, and it will even look like a support class. R/w can wreak havoc when it has time to unfold, but when it doesn't, the class is at least good if not average."

Bard/Champion and Bard/Rogues are strong in AoE yes, but have too high Cooldowns. The same applies to Scout/Mage. Rogue/Warrior has very low Cooldowns with the combination of Berserk and any atkspeed buff (Strong Stimulant, 20% Atkspeedpotion or Fervent Attack).

Rogue/Warrior is also not that slow. If you know that in an AoE burst situation mobs will die quickly, you simply use Decay (no GCD) and skip Death Touch/Bloodless. But of course, if you waste 2 seconds buffing for ~10% atk and ~10% dmg but mobs are already dead, you can consider it a support class :)

"Just as katanas, daggers also have their place in the game. Don't impose katanas on all classes just because you want to. Diversity has its benefits."

The fact of the matter is, that there is no diversity right now with WB Offhand overpowering Katanas in most situations. In the exceptions (Rogue/Warden, Rogue/Scout) it is in best equal to Katana. The afromentioned requests are to restore diversity for Rogues, such that some classes perform better with WB Offhand, while others perform better with Katana.

Also one last point that people seem to ignore: Two weapons allow you to use 2x Curse XIII runes for Premeditation. Now, many players want to keep their damage rune for ~0.5% damage. But ask yourself do you prefer a 0.8 second or 1.3 second premeditaion?

Great Post. Asking for nerf will always be unpopular so kudos for that. However, we do not want to nerf Bard/Rogues and Scout/Rogues by accident. So the simple solution is to nerf Rogues offhand damage (Offhand Mastery) from 48,5% to 40% without directly nerfing The Murk.

I just wanted to add that Katana is slightly stronger in absolute fullburst, because of atkspeedcap and Assassin's Rage only boosting main weapon. Also Rogues with Katana (ignore The Murk for a sec) are already strong in overall meta. So as Baboon said If the DoT-damage gets boosted and your suggestion 4) Perfect Slices is usable even while channeling (Fast Draw and Combo Shot) , it could already be enough.

Regarding Warlock ISS.

ISS Level 90 Path of Anguish (ID: 490342) provides a buff which is supposed to stack until 10. Each stack provides 5% Dark Damage. For some reason, the stacking stops at 9 effectively providing 45% Dark Damage instead of 50%.

Suggestion:

Since it is technically not possible at all to stack more than 10 (tested in Itnal Lager with resetting CD of skill) I suggest to increase the bufftime of ID: 500070 from 10 seconds to 11 seconds or even to 15 seconds.

Regarding Ruthless Judgment.

This skill is supposed to be 100% critrate. However, this seems to not be the case.

In addition can you make the provided buff by Ruthless Judgment (ID: 621199) cancelable with Right-Click or CancelPlayerBuff?

Regarding survivability.

Warlocks need to be played in melee position, because ISS Level 100 Soul Crusher (ID: 497805) only triggers around 80 Range of the player. In addition, Beast Roar (ID: 498547) provides a buff which hits targets in close Range of the player. However, Warlocks are very squishy with the exception of 1-2 combinations.

Can you think of a mechanic, that allows Warlocks to tank one hit similiar to Wardens, Warriors, Champions, Rogues with their respective skills?

Suggestion:

Modify Shield of Solid Mind (ID: 497965) to not scale with Heal Bonus 848%. Since Heal Bonus as MDPS = 0, this skill literally provides 848%*0 +80 = 80 HP as a Shield. Instead change the scaling from 848% Heal Bonus +80 to something like Magical Damage * 848 % +80. In addition, increase the Cooldown and effect duration from 10 seconds to 60 seconds each to avoid abuse.

I have seen 51kk DoTs from Slash with a Katana which means from my understanding it is a 2.83kk DoT and Katana scaled it by x18.

I do realize Slash DoT is very weak in testing vs Doll which makes me believe that Slash DoT is x% and not a%. But it seems to scale from whatever minimum to a maximum of 1800% after certain Patk threshold(s) and to 2500% with Spear, respectively.

I think for the sake of simplicity, a simple negation of DoT vs immune Targets is sufficient considering devs probably have a lot on their mind right now. We as players should promote the easiest and most effective suggestions.

If we as players see that devs are actually actively listening and agree on things players seems to agree on like negate Bleed dmg vs immune Targets over turkish loca issues, then it makes most sense to dibble into the details on how to balance Slash in a way that is fair.

Spoiler: I think Slash is fine, if devs buff Perfect Slice, Vampire Arrow and other DoTs like Druid/Rogues Corrosive Poison, Warlock/Rogues Shadow Stab etc..

It is not a secret, that Scouts are just terrible. The only times Scouts were a threat from my experience is when they have T17/T18 weapons and even then, they struggle to keep up in most cases.

The range dps formula benefits less from attackspeed buffs. While melee weapons get ~33% more dps from Strong Stimulant, ranged weapons get a portion from it. To be more precise, atkspeed buffs get more valuable, the faster you already are. However, even in best case (as in going from 0.66 to 0.5 with Strong Stim) the damageboost does not exceed 33%. I believe that an adjustment of ranged dps formula to make it more meleelike is beneficial.

I agree, that Warrior Slash is very strong. I remember making a post ~6 monthes ago how I was able to kill 4 Organs in ROFL without even using Food and with IBW still being on CD.

Gyazo
    gyazo.com

Bleed is so op, that even Warrior/Scout uses Spear in burst over Katana to get the additional 700% Bleed scaling. But I still support Warrior/Champ and Warrior/Druid to be adjusted, so that they can make use of Slash even vs one target with tradeoffs specified in post #77 in this thread. I think your suggestions to clean up debuffs if target is immune is good enough for now.

You said, DoT is especially strong vs high defense targets. I would say that high critical resistance and high % dmg mitigation makes DoT very strong, instead. But I think it is fine if vs some bosses some skills or classes are stronger than others.

On the other hand, Rogues with max stack Perfect Slices which takes at least 10 seconds and requires perfect timing and a target to stack against do like 5-10% overall dmg with bleed.However, devs seem to not be interested in this discrepancy or seem to have other priorities right now. Imo Katana bleeds should be much stronger to encourage players to not just spam Dagger+WB Offhand (main reason I dislike Rogue now because Katana is high risk 0 reward.)

Yes but at the top it says "Can only be used in Shield Form state." So even if you still have the buff, in normal mode it will not activate.

But we can use this skill without disassembly mode. why cant we use rune overload without shield form ?

I understand your logic but I rather let Shock Overload not be usable in normal Form than to allow Rune Overload in normal Form.

This skill says it will be cancelled when we enter Disassembly Mode State. So technically we can use this skill and cancel shield mode, and it can still deal damage if we dont enter disassembly mode. But when i leave shield form, i see Rune overload buff on me but it doesnt inflict damage anything and it consumes rage every second.

Yes but at the top it says "Can only be used in Shield Form state." So even if you still have the buff, in normal mode it will not activate.

Regarding Champion/Bard

There is a bug right now where the second hit of Echo (ID: 1491526) does not get triggered, if any other skill does damage very shortly after the first hit of Echo (ID: 1491300).

As a workaround with complicated but doable lua, you would have to add a fake Cooldown (representing the time it takes until the second hit comes) on all skills after Echo is used. Also you would have to not use Echo, if you are predicting Perfect Storm to trigger between the first and second hit of Echo.

With these workarounds intact your dps is higher, but

1) they are difficult for the average player to implement in lua

2) ultimately cause dpsloss compared to the way Echo is intended to work

Suggestion:

Allow the second hit of Echo to trigger instantly similar like Tactical Attack from Warrior. Or just double the dmg of Echo if the required debuff is found on the target.

However, if time and resources are not a a concern, a full fix would be appreciated, such that even if a skill comes between the first and second hit of Echo, the second Echo does not get prevented.

EDIT:

Even a whitehit between first and second Echo prevents the second Echohit. Now this is very unfortunate, imo increasing the urgency because you cannot just stop whitehitting.