Posts by robopoke

Priest/Warrior

Please adjust the cast-speed of Fire Fairy from base 6 seconds to base 3 seconds.

In Chain Gear summoning Fairy takes forever which is very annoying after a death of player or pet. Wardens have -65% cast-speed for pet summoning.

Other priests with mdps or heal-gear have cast-speed set-effect (20%) and potentially 2x Curse XIII runes making the summoning < 3 seconds.

I would go further any only add the bonus if you use a 1h Hammer. It is a Champion after all.

Hello devs and players,

I wanted to talk about general balance on the topic of what newbies like to pick as DPS-Classes.

In the past few weeks I have been helping out smaller Guilds run Hoto, Idk, Kalin etc. and have come to the conclusion, that support is horrible. They never play music, no SA, no Warp Charge and CC is very bad which makes melee-classes harder to play (they die more). New guilds have no idea how important these buffs are and instead of starting to support better, they adapt in an interesting way: They all become ranged Mdps (not CPS-based).

We all know that Mdps (except Cps-based classes) are less dependent on Lute/Guitar, SA, FT, Warp Charge etc. than Leather and Chain-classes. What happens in this new guilds is the chain or leather-dps cannot keep up with a class like Mage/Knight, Bard/Mage or Mage/Rogue. They either become mdps and or quit being dps.

This sad reality will always make Mdps popular from the start and once you are Mdps you most likely will continue to be Mdps even if your guild becomes better at supporting or if you change to highend-Guild.

I do not know if devs care about this but as a chain-dps I think it is sad that new chain-players think that chain is bad. Even I was a victim of this when I started as newbie.

I have a long-term suggestion but feel free to add or take away:

Modifiy the Newbie-Patch and rewards to give new players free tutorial music instruments and free Siege-War titles. For example there should be a Tutorial Storm Assault +2 with same cooldown and mechanics as real Storm Assault +2.

The tutorial Siege-War buffs/debuffs and tutorial Instruments should be given out after reaching level 105 and should last for 90 days.

An ingame or external Tutorial on how to use a Countdown-Macro, when to use which Siegeware buff/debuff and music would be very valuable. I recommend an official video on Vimeo made by devs on how to use these skills.

Optionally, if a party successfully has all debuffs and buffs (Tamb+Lute/Guitar), Tactical Attack, Seeds/Void, Midnight Ritual and Storm Assault+2, reward the party with additional newbie items like Siege War Badge and free bufffood.

After the 90 days are over, most newbies now have had the chance to farm enough Coins to exchange for Siege-War Titles and have enough experience to play in highend-random parties.

Druid/Warrior

This class cannot compete anymore at all with the current meta. Its singletarget damage is below average, while AoE is very very weak.

In addition to that, its max weapon level for 2h Axe is 220. In the past this did not matter and even 195 was fine, because skills being earth-type avoided the hit/miss-formula. But after the major update, even 220 is not enough.

Small Suggestions:

1) Increase max weapon level for 2h Axe to 255.

2) Allow Body Vitalization to be passive, but reduce its effect from 29.3% to like 14.5%.

-> Still bad but better. Gotta keep the suggestions realistic, right? :)

Also would be nice if this got implemented as well to help out the Leather bros.

You are right that full chain or even full leather are less tanky. But 300k HP with 75% damage reduction is basically 1.2kk HP (except for DoT-damage). This is fine. Then add in 8% AoE-damage reduction + Shield of Discipline + Threaten -> I am not convinced that 75% is balanced.

At least we agree on the parry to 0 part.

Knight/Warlock

I might get a lot of hate for this, but this class considering its high damage is too tanky. I literally take 30k damage from Dark Core Mobs while I have 500k HP and 80% parry. With any other chainclass (yes even as Shieldform Champ) I die in 1-2hits. It is almost impossible to die with this class. Bad balancing imo.

Suggestion:

Let the conversion-skill reduce received damage by ~25% instead of 75%. Also it would just make sense if the parry gets reduced to 0 since it is being used after all to get more atkspeed and physical atk similiar to Stamina and Dex getting reduced to 0 to boost Strength.

Champion/Mage

Probably the worst or one of the worst chainclasses right now. Today I just want to focus on Elemental Rampage though. These suggestions would not make Champ/Mage viable, just less shitty.

Elemental Rampage is a 30 sec buff with 90 sec cooldown that boosts 1h Damage by 30%. Without this buff, 2h Hammer is much better for this class (still bad overall). With this buff 1h Hammer becomes slightly better (still bad overall).

The issue is swapping weapons makes you lose all rage so I have a few options devs can consider which path to take with this class. Please pick only one of the options:

a) Make all or most skills do elemental damage with the skill Elemental Defense. This way the boost from Talisman 10% elemental damage makes 1h Hammer useful enough outside of Elemental Rampage.

b) Make Elemental Rampage passive. This way 1h Hammer is always better. Also transforms horrible sustain damage even in AoE to below average sustain damage. Would also make it easier to buff up because this class has 1-2 more buffs than the average chainclass.

c) Modify Elemental Rampage to boost damage in general. This way 2h Hammer becomes the weapon of choice.

d) Do not punish swapping weapons by losing rage/energy/focus. Scouts and Manabased classes also utilize swapmacros and do not get punished for this.

My personal preference would be b).

d) would be a nice QoL update for all classes. Even other weapswapper-classes like Rogue/Mage would benefit from this.

Warrior/Rogue

Changed Attack Launch to just reduce channel and cooldown time of Moon Cleave, instead of making it instant and increase damage.

Normal Moon Cleave: 0.5 sec channel and no Global CD (2x 354%)

Warrior/Rogue Moon Cleave: 1 sec channel and no Global CD (2x 354%)

Maybe you wanted to make the channel 0.25?

Hint taken. However with this math losing Strong stim is a 25% dmgloss. (133.33 dmg -25% = 100dmg). Just for consistency.

True but without Frenzy Attack Warrior/Rogue is like a Warden/Bard without pet in single and Bard/Scout without Soulstorm in AoE: sheist.

No other class have such a high risk average reward resettable buff.

Yes if you buff Strong Stim but Tank randomly goes afk 10sec and does big Countdown you do less damage. But this is just a 33.33% dmgloss or slightly higher for whitehitbased classes. Also the question remains why anyone would buff Strong Stim without a Countdown.

As Warrior/Rogue we are talking 100% dmgloss and that is why it sucks to play this class in 80% of Dark Core raids. If you do not optimize Frenzy Attack between big pulls you will do very little damage.

In Rofl this class is playable because most tanks do breaks with big Countdowns at the same spot so it is easier to predict when to and when not to rebuff Frenzy Attack.

Quote from thor41

Since you don't know how to use frenzy attack, you want the buff as a permanent buff

For those who do not know: Frenzy Attack is a 60 second CD skill with 30 second buffs but you can slightly reset cooldown with each hit of Rage Crisis. With this it is possible to have permanent uptime of Frenzy Attack but you need a target to attack. So gameplay will be like this:

If Frenzy Attack is about to run out

• You can rebuff it if you predict to have enough targets to attack to reset the cooldown
    • You can decide to not rebuff it, if you predict Tank will only pull very few mobs before the next big Countdown

For a Warrior/Rogue to be okayish in DPS you need the Tank to have predictable patterns of pulling mobs. However, many Tanks in Dark Core have unfluid playstyles which makes the following decision tough:

1) Should I rebuff Frenzy Attack and risk the Tank randomly stopping for 10 seconds and do 15 second Countdown-> Big dmgloss because now my Frenzy Attack is gone and I have 30 seconds Cooldown

2) Should I not rebuff Frenzy Attack and risk the Tank randomly keep pulling mob after mob for long periods of time? -> Big dmgloss because without Frenzy Azzack damage is very very low

These are tough decisions a Warrior/Rogue has to make. Which is why in my first comment I said:

Quote from robopoke

Also has gameplay issues if tank has an unpredictable playstyle because of Frenzied Attack.

Bestdps, I challenge you to play Warrior/Rogue in random Dark Core with Tanks who have weird pulling behavior.

My solution to this is to just make Frenzy Attack permanent. But devs can just tell us players to have better communication with the Tank or always play with Discord etc.

Quote from thor41

This character's damage is low.

or the price of anger is too high

keen attack do you think everything will be solved if you remove cd

Do you know the working logic?

If you want to play this character.either anger costs will be low.or passive damage will increase.it's that simple, make the frenzy which is a 3 minute buff passive, its damage and attack speed are very low.disable berserk ability

Damage is only too low in singletarget. Ragecosts are too high for AoE, I agree.

My suggestion is to only buff singletarget skills including Shadow Stab and Keen Attack. Your suggestions will make Warrior/Rogue way too strong in AoE and strong in singletarget.

Keep the suggestions realistic, thank you.

Very true I did not consider that. In that case caution is needed and Keen Attack should stay as it is or it should not be possible to abuse Probing Attack from another Warrior.

If Shadow Stab becomes 1 sec CD with no global CD, it will be too much. Even your suggested nerf For Frenzied Attack 300% to 220% is not enough.

4) Make Frenzied Attack permanent but reduce from 300% to 250%.

??? xD

You got it out of context. A nerf to 220% is not enough to justfiy if Shaodw Stab is 1 sec CD with no Global CD. My suggestions have a different Shadow Stab in mind as explained in step 1. For clarity:

Darhan suggested Shadow Stab with 1 sec CD and no Global CD.

I suggest Shadow Stab with 2 sec CD but x2 dmg, but it still has Global CD.

If Shadow Stab becomes 1 sec CD with no global CD, it will be too much. Even your suggested nerf For Frenzied Attack 300% to 220% is not enough.

Imo this class is fine in AoE but just needs around ~20% singletarget boost. Also has gameplay issues if tank has an unpredictable playstyle because of Frenzied Attack. Ragecosts are also way too high in AoE.

The easiest way to accomplish this is to remove Global Cooldown From Keen Attack (Why do channels have global CD anyway?) and increase the hits from Shadow Stab to 4x total hits. 2x with mainhand, 2x with offhand. Reduce Mooncleave ragecosts from 50 to 40.

Summary:

1) Make Shadow Stab hit x4 times instead of x2 times. (x2 dmg)

2) Remove GCD from Keen Attack (right now this skill has Channel+GCD)

3) Reduce Moon Cleave ragecosts from 50 to 40

4) Make Frenzied Attack permanent but reduce from 300% to 250%.

Warrior/Mage is very strong in this game. Sustain, aoe, burst it is good. Only problem is you need 1-2 second in the beginnning to "get going". So Warmage tends to excel in slowpaced groups/instances. In those situations Warrior/Mage will be (alot) stronger than all Bards, prob. even one of the best classes overall.

For max dmg do not use 2h Sword. Go for Wand+Talisman because this allows you to use 2x Curse XIII Runes, which (together with the elemental dmgboost from Talisman) is stronger than the 20% Atkspeed and 20% Mdmg for 2h Sword elite.

Some might make a point to use 2h Sword for fullburst situation in well supported parties, but the slight dmgboost in burst do not justify the cost of making an otherwise subpar weapon.

If it is a very fastpaced group Warrior/Mage will have a harder time.

(Following post is my experience and has no claimof being 100% correct)

Mdps:

Bard/Warlock is the strongest singletarget dps out of all Bards. Aoe is below average. After focusupdate I think it also has no ressourceproblems

Bard/Mage has the best sustaindmg imo, especially in aoe. Also beginnerfriendly

Bard/Druid I dont know

Chain:

Bard/Warrior is bad, dont use

Bard/Warden is ok in aoe, bad otherwise

Leather:

Bard/Scout is horrible in aoe sustain, otherwise it is ok.

Bard/Rogue is ok but has massive energy/focus problems so it is below average

Bard/Champ is below average but has very strong burst aoe. But mobs die too quickly for this to be relevant and it has high cooldowns

My recommendation is Mdps.

Regarding planned patch notes: I miss K/wl balance (it is still really weak in single target in mixed new gear. even every of my rogues with completely old gear and weapon is stronger. Any other experiences here?)

P.S. I like those classes with "strange" custom gear like k/wl or wl/k. stay at this pls for this classes

If it was devs intention to make hybrid gear strongest for K/Wl I hope devs will make leather+plate equally viable to chain+plate. Right now (as mentioned in my previous post) the % dex buffs from leather gear are useless because of how the % dex, % sta is added after the conversion from 100% dex/sta to str.

Dagger is actually still very very good and has clear benefits which should not need to be explained. To maximize dmg you actually need both. But e.g. I am not rich enough to keep many T15 weapons so I sell Dagger.

My challenge to Daggerrogue: Trade your T15 Dagger with my T15 Katana (serious) for a few days. We play same class, same instance and we will see the "big edge".

Rogue/Warrior

In Forsaken Abbey B1 the skill 493257 reduces your energy and rage instead of increasing it. If not intended, can you whitelist this skill?

Rogue/Champion

Is it intended, that 1500697 stacked on 5 doubles your whitehits?

After using this class I can say that it is very disappointing compared to other dps.

In the past I heard it was one of the best classes, but because everyone got buffs while Rogue/Champ got nerfs, overall Rogue/Champ cannot compete anymore. If anyone has different opinion, I challenge you to play Rogue/Champ vs me.

I suggest a simple fix. Maybe allow Perfect Slice to be usable with 2h Hammer as well?

Another option is to to allow Confusion Mechanism to follow the user and/or to be passive.

Rogue/Priest

Interesting but lacks some damage especially in single target.

1) You should be able to stack 1501422 with aoe skills as well. To avoid fast stacking I suggest to limit the stacking to once per Aoe Hit.

2) 499505 seems to be buggy. The description claims to recover 1% MP for each stack of 1501422 and 15014123.

1b17296425eb695475adb06b869b18dc.jpg

Gyazo
    gyazo.com

In the example I had stacks of 6 and 10, which should recover 6% and 10% Mana. According to Combat-Log I recovered 1 MP and 1 % MP

3) 499505 even if fixed does not help in MP recovery when needed. Because for 499505 to work, you need to have active the buff 1500595. Since 1500595 resets all your hard earned stacks, you do not want to use it unless your stacks are gone or are too low. Therefore I suggest 499505 to also recover MP regardless of 1500595 maybe with an internal cooldown of 10 seconds.

4) The Buff 501933 could be increased from 12.1% to maybe 24.2% to make this class slightly more viable.

Knight/Warlock

If you play with Leather, all your % dex from Gear is useless, because the % dex is added after the conversion. Can you add the % dex and % sta from gear first before you do the conversion mathematics? Of course buffs outside gear like Hero Potion, Zodiac Pets should be excluded because otherwise Knight/Warlock would have too much physical attack.

If doing the separation between %attribute from Gear and outside Gear is impossible/hard I suggest to consider all forms of % buffs before conversion and to increase the -35% atk nerf to 40% or higher. This would allows Knight/Warlock to have same physical attack as before but make Leather variants equal to Chain variants.

Also I do not know if it is in the devs interest to encourage these hybrid gears. Maybe Defense or LP should also boost the conversion. I think the best situation is if pure Leather, pure Tank and pure Chain are equally strong without weird gear combinations and stats.

I like the new Blood Arrow without the instrument and death "features". Now the player does not get punished if heal sleeps a bit and newbie Scouts can quest with it or solo lowlevel content.

If devs decide to bring back old Blood Arrow, I suggest to add selfheal 5%/tick of Vampire Arrow. This can also motivate other Scouts to use their Vampire Arrow for Scout/Rogue.