Scout Class [Feedback]

• Then Descibtion of Boiling Blood (494327) should be updated aswell as it is misleading and also stating to increase Physical Damage , as with Boiling Blood Focus is working.

Greetings

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

Edited once, last by Cruvor ().

• Scout/Priest in theory can become a good sup with heal elements. Just need that some skills work for raid, Its:

1) Scout's blessing shot (491512);
    2) Spiritual Leader (491335), mb need in buff;

3) Vampiric transformation (492622);

4) Drums of war (493010), too need in little buff.

Also need normal weapon for it, 1h or 2h stick i think (2h better).

• Hey! Some time ago, I wrote, and I'm reaching out again with a request to rework S/K because it's a dead combination, not useful, and unplayable for any character. Additionally, it would be great if S/P underwent significant changes because, since S/B, it's also not useful. Oh, and as a side note, it was mentioned before that in the near future, we will be able to play S/WL as both physical and magical players - just a reminder. Also, I haven't seen S/Ch - maybe it would be possible to increase the range of some skills because it's a really cool combination but loses a lot due to these limitations, and the titles and potions that allow skill usage still result in a significant loss of DPS - which is already quite average :)

• Is it intended, that skills like Joint Blow and Vampire Arrow (Range 50) on Scout/Champ do no damage with -42 Range Robot? I accidentally had this Robot active and was very surprised. Interestingly enough, if I use +20 Range Title and increase the Range from 8 to 28, it suddenly does damage again.

This phenomenon does not apply to Rogue/Scout and Champ/Scout so I assume this bug is exclusive to the combination low range skill+Robot+Distand Friend.

I think a bugfix should come in the future with low priority because a Scout should not use this Robot anyway so it never is a concern. But it would be interesting to understand, why this happens.

• Little QoL Idea for scout/warrior

Increase the runtime from Mental Focus (491491) to 15min buff from 2 Minutes.

Greetings

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

Edited once, last by Cruvor ().

• Is it intended, that skills like Joint Blow and Vampire Arrow (Range 50) on Scout/Champ do no damage with -42 Range Robot? I accidentally had this Robot active and was very surprised. Interestingly enough, if I use +20 Range Title and increase the Range from 8 to 28, it suddenly does damage again.

This phenomenon does not apply to Rogue/Scout and Champ/Scout so I assume this bug is exclusive to the combination low range skill+Robot+Distand Friend.

I think a bugfix should come in the future with low priority because a Scout should not use this Robot anyway so it never is a concern. But it would be interesting to understand, why this happens.

your mentioned skills does not only do no damage.... it is the opposite. it heals the target xD

• Regarding Scout/Warden.

Combo Shot reduces critical resistance of target by 310.8 points for 15 seconds. After it has 30 seconds cool down.

I don't think I have to explain that this is quite useless. Also Scout/Warden feels very underwhelming as dps.

Suggestions:

Add a DoT effect to Combo Shot similar to Scout/Rogue. This would boost single target sustain damage slightly.

Make Savage Power passive similar to Rogue/Warden. This would boost sustain damage slightly.

• Scout/Priest - Energy vampire.

I suggest you refresh elite skills for this class combination. I wrote about him early, but here more specifically. This class combination should be help beginner leather players and beginner(endgame can use this too w/o any problem) healers both. Very want to see your comments about it.

1) Purifying shot (15, 491504)

Description: you can equip two handed stick. Also removes harmful effects from target.

Cooldown: 10s

Cost: 5% mana, 10 focus.

2) Scout's Blessing Shot (20, 491513)

Comment: I would like to see this skill with aura work mechanic, but with not infinite radius (for example 120, if further aura will subside).

Description: Your blessing help you and your raid members. Decrease focus, energy, rage, MP consumption within 120 radius by 25%.

Cost: 15% mana, 40 focus.

3) Sniper (25, 492344) -> Weak points

Description: Your Eagle eyes (490425) also give you magical critical hit rate and magical critical damage.

4) Spiritual leader (30, 491335)

Description: Raises the speed of physical attacks and spell casting of you and raid members by 10% for 15s.

Cooldown: 40s

Cost: 10% mana, 15 focus.

5) Vampiric transformation (35, 492622)

Description: Transforms the blood drawn by your vampire arrows into heals for your own raid members. Also if raid member attack any target with aura scouts's blessing shot he have 10% chance restore 10% focus/energy/rage/MP, but if target have vampire arrows dote it increase chance by 20%. Increase cost vampire arrows by 35 focus.

6) Neck strike (40, 491486) -> Resurrection of Vampire

Description: You can resurrect all raid members in radius 100. But if raid member up, then he get debuff "Resurrection of Vampire", which increase consumption focus/energy/rage/MP by 100% on 60s.

Cooldown: 4 minutes

Cost: 80% mana, 80 focus.

Cast: 5s.

Comment: For example, if your skill cost 50 rage, then if you have this debuff you need 50+50*1 = 100 rage! I think it will be the most unprofitable ress, but its battle raid ress, its good. You can counter this with his aura or vampiric transformation and another decrease mana/rage/energy etc cost skills, titles etc. Or may be 104 druid iss hm ?)

7) Drums of War (45, 493010)

Description: Each time if you hit target with your shot (499580) it increase (physical and magical) critical hit rate by 500 and critical damage by 5% for all raid members.

8) Aggro Lead (50, 499578)

Comment: ok, w/o changes.

9) Revival engraving (60, 499552)

Comment: ok, w/o changes.

10) Screen attack (70, 499555)

Description: When you use aggro lead (499578) , it will increase damage dealt by 10% for 30s for all raid members in radius 150. Also if raid member got screen attack he will pass 1% his aggro to raid member with effect aggro lead.

Comment: For example, if some one dps generate 1m aggro he pass 1m-990k = 10k on tank(doesnt matter, mb another dps xdd), but we have many dps, should be normally.

• Scout/Rogue

The bleed from skill "Poisonous Spit(ID:493253)" seem to be using main hand weapon dmg for its dmg calculation (T12 dagger (543.8k/proc) , T15 (586k/proc) . Is this intended? If not can it be changed to use ranged weapon dmg instead. It doesn’t make sense for initial skill hit to use ranged wep dmg and for the bleed to use main hand wep.

• Scout/Rogue

The bleed from skill "Poisonous Spit(ID:493253)" seem to be using main hand weapon dmg for its dmg calculation (T12 dagger (543.8k/proc) , T15 (586k/proc) . Is this intended? If not can it be changed to use ranged weapon dmg instead. It doesn’t make sense for initial skill hit to use ranged wep dmg and for the bleed to use main hand wep.

I agree with you.

Unfortunately, all Rangeskills with Bleedproc (including Vampire Arrow) are based on mainhand dps which also does not make sense.

• I'd like to share my opinion regarding certain Scout classes that need some buffs, particularly S/D, S/Ch, and S/W. as well as 1 change to Snipe as Whole

Snipe

-increases Snipe's crit hit rate chance

For me, this change stands out as the most crucial. It's just unfair to invest in high-tier curse and buff casting speed for just one skill, which I'll likely use once or twice during the entire burst. Surprisingly, it deals the same damage (when it doesn't crit ) as a skill I'll employ at least 25 time . The issue lies in the significantly low crit hit rate chance in instances like Necro or FA compared to ones like ROFL.

S/D :

1- Devour Blood

- make your Vampire Arrows bleed more deadlier (ranged weapon scaling)

I believe S/D stands as one of the weaker scouts due to its low sustain and the significant gap between it and other rogues is just to obvious. However, I also believe that not every class should excel in every aspect of the game.

Comparatively, S/D burst one of the best bursts among all classes. Yet, when placed in instances like Necro or FA where bosses endure for prolonged periods it struggles to compete with W/D or the bleeding effects of warriors. In my opinion, enhancing the bleed effect could be the sole change required to make this class a more viable choice, especially in nostalgic instances.

S/Ch:

1-concentration :

-Changes it Cd (from 3min to 1.5min)

-reduces buff duration (from 62.5 s to 30s)

-adds 10% attackspeed/casting speed

- increase the ability to use casting shoot

while walking ( from 15s to 20s)

2 - Cripple Joint :

-adds chance to your joint blow to become flawless when

you're under effect of Concentration (means your Joint blow will have a chance of not trigger GCD)

3 - Fatal Shot :

-increasing the stacks generation from

1stack/second to 1stacks/0.5 second

4- Runecraft-Diversion :

reduces received area damage by 25%

In my opinion, SCH currently ranks as the weakest scout, largely due to its heavy reliance on attack speed buffs. I've been considering ways to grant this class more independence, allowing it to compete regardless of the group's setup.

Observing its single-target burst, when you reach the attack speed cap, the class performs exceedingly well for the initial 10-15 seconds (if Snipe crits and if the burst starts with 10 Fatal Shot stacks). However, it sharply declines after Schorching Rge wears off.

The kit itself contributes to this weakness. The frequent channeling times of many skills, along with the gun's slowness, limit the class's ability to execute enough skills/auto-attacks, despite having notably high physical damage.

Some suggest improving the class by extending Joint Blow's range, but I believe this change alone isn't sufficient + the S/Ch playstyle differs significantly from other scouts, with a significant portion of its damage stemming from skills with relatively short ranges compared to typical scout skills (e.g., Piercing Arrow).

Speaking of range, I've noticed potion (20% dex/30 ranged weapon range) in Itemshop or robots that increase ranged weapon range attributes. Personally, I find these buffd useless since having a 15% increase in permanent single-target skills doesn't benefit much without receiving patk buffs from Warlock.

As a scout, maintaining position is critical, especially to ensure you receive all patk buffs from your Warlock, which becomes significantly important when the majority of DPS in the group are melee, considering Warlock's melee positioning. In my opinion, hitting +3 targets with Piercing Arrow with a guaranteed Surge every 35 seconds and a permanent 5 Whisper stacks hold more importance than a 15% Wind Arrow damage/Joint Blow without patk buffs

S/W :

1-Mental Focus :

-change buff effect from 120 seconds to 15 min

2-Reflected Shot :

- causes 4 reflections instead of 2

3- Mana Drain Shot :

-increases it CD (from 15 seconds to 20 seconds)

- while you're under the effect of " Main Drain effect" (8 seconds buff ) removes Snipe casting time

- a random mark appears withing 1.5s (pretty much same mechanic of Perfect Slice) . in this time intervall your Snipe deals (3000% Ranged Weapon DPS) --( instead of 3,558.7% when target is under the effect of Mana drain )

else if snipe used outside of the 1.5s time intervall it deals 1200% ranged weapon DPS

S/W is class that stand no chance to any rogue in my opinion but with relativly strong sustain in comparison with some scouts (except s/r,s/m or s/wd) .

also i suggest a new mechanic to snipe for this class which's going to look and sound crazy for some peaple ,but in my point of view it's going to make the class more fun and intersting

• I'd like to share my opinion regarding certain Scout classes that need some buffs, particularly S/D, S/Ch, and S/W. as well as 1 change to Snipe as Whole

"S/D is strong, S/W needs a cosmetic change; I think Reflected Shot would be okay, the rest is a bit too much. S/Ch, yes, it needs a significant buff. But I want to draw attention to S/Wd, which also needs a slight buff, S/P, which doesn't fit into any party, S/K, which is unplayable—neither tank, support, nor DPS

• can you please tell me what do you mean exactly by S/D is strong?...,i mean it's true it's definitely strong when you're competing against a R/W who keeps stacking buffs while he knows they gona get bursted quickly while you one shot them from high range. it's for sure strong when you're against a R/M who has no idea that he also has high range and can also hit from high range. it's strong against a rogue who has no idea who to spread his buffs properly and thinking that katana is as strong as murk. it's strong for a player who has whole gear tier 14 + t18 bow + max raw patk possible.

in this cases yeah , and please next give more details so our suggestions can be more useful and efficient

• Referring to this, S/D is the simplest Scout combination currently in the game. Thanks to the bonus to range and additional damage, good positioning brings very good results. Playing S/D, S/M, S/W, S/R, S/Ch, and S/Wd, I see that S/D is the strongest combination if the player can position themselves well. Why is that? Well, high firing rate + a lot of damage (only S/Ch has more, but there the attack speed is lacking), simple mechanics that don't require much thinking. This combination draws the most from the bow or crossbow during maximum shots, mainly focusing on a single target, although in AoE with a large group of enemies, it can handle itself well. The only challenge is to sense when to use the explosion in an instance and when to wait. Only S/R currently truly keeps up with it. As for competing with other classes, in Guild Runs, not only my S/D hits hard, but other players without t18 weapons also perform well compared to other classes. Overall, only M/W seems to be able to outclass me in damage.

• Referring to this, S/D is the simplest Scout combination currently in the game. Thanks to the bonus to range and additional damage, good positioning brings very good results. Playing S/D, S/M, S/W, S/R, S/Ch, and S/Wd, I see that S/D is the strongest combination if the player can position themselves well. Why is that? Well, high firing rate + a lot of damage (only S/Ch has more, but there the attack speed is lacking), simple mechanics that don't require much thinking. This combination draws the most from the bow or crossbow during maximum shots, mainly focusing on a single target, although in AoE with a large group of enemies, it can handle itself well. The only challenge is to sense when to use the explosion in an instance and when to wait. Only S/R currently truly keeps up with it. As for competing with other classes, in Guild Runs, not only my S/D hits hard, but other players without t18 weapons also perform well compared to other classes. Overall, only M/W seems to be able to outclass me in damage.

Hmm, I see a bit of a contradiction there. You mentioned that buffing Reflected Shot to S/W might be ok, but at the same time, you pointed out that S/D doesn't require any extra buffs because it's already quite strong as it is.

well first Let's begin by comparing S/D and S/W. as S/D with Blood Arrow and other damage buffs, I consistently reach 729k damage permanently. On the other hand, with S/W, I can reach 610.673 permanently and 753.707 every 30 seconds

S/D slightly edges out in physical attack power (patk), but the difference isn't too significant because S/W also maintains a permanent 10% patk buff alongside an additional 8% patk boost every 25 seconds + %str from warrior's general Skill.

S/D has a higher raw attack speed, meaning its Joint Blow has a lower cooldown (1.59 seconds), and its other skills also hit slightly harder (although the benefit isn't huge because Scout benefits less from attack speed compared to a melee classes).

On the other hand, S/W's Joint Blow has relatively a longer cooldown (1.87 seconds). Additionally, S/W can use Joint Blow more frequently than S/D due to fact that S/W doesn't have focus problems, which S/D encounters.

Also, " Combo Shot" for S/W deals more damage. But what, in my opinion, makes S/W stronger than S/D is Reflected Shot. It deals + %80 more ranged weapon DPS and has a 3-second shorter cooldown. This means that every 6 seconds, Reflected Shot deals 73% more then S/D . besides the fact that you can hit more autoattacks then S/D ofourse which contribute a lot in overall damage

"High firing rate + a lot of damage"? Are you sure about that? Have you ever checked out the Warrior/Scout's kit? It can reach over 1.4 million in melee weapon damage (without needing a Tier 18 weapon btw) and over 2 million with a bow + an insane bleed effect when your physical attack hits a certain threshold or W/D who has pretty much the best single target burst in the game. Try playing S/D in Necro or FA with someone who understands how to play W/S, and you might change your mind.

and as you said S/D's sutain during tash fights is not strong.

all this aspects obviously demonstrate that S/D is literally has no addventage then all other classes

In my experience and observations with this class, it's quite the opposite of what you just mentioned. neither in my guild runs nor in random runs, I've never witnessed anyone competing as S/D (except in any ini where you can one shot mobs before other melee classes haven't reach them), not even once, the reality is that it's not just a matter of losing; it's more like being completely owned and dominated.

S/D has a higher raw attack speed, meaning its Joint Blow has a lower cooldown (1.30 seconds), and its other skills also hit slightly harder (although the benefit isn't huge because Scout benefits less from attack speed compared to a melee classes).

Agree with most of your calculations and suggestions except for one fundamental point. You downplay the attack speed of ranged weapons, even minimizing the additional 15% that makes this difference and is the foundation of this combination. Remember that the Scout's DPS includes, among other things, the multiplier of the attack speed of the weapon, and in S/D, it's +15% compared to S/W. If there were runes for the attack speed of ranged weapons, you would see this difference perhaps more clearly.

• Mit großen Interesse verfolge ich diesen Beitrag. Ich spiele nur den Kundschafter/Druiden und sehr selten Kundschafter/Mage z.B. in Atlas. Die Klasse K/D halte ich für die am besten ausbalancierte Klasse in CoA. Enorm stark an den Bossen und guten AoE-Schaden.

Allerdings muss oder sollte der K/D dann ziemlich extrem gepimpt sein. Mehr als evtl. in anderen Klassen notwendig ist. Vergleiche zu anderen Klassen (oft als OP-Klassen betitelt) mache ich nicht, weil es für mich keinen Sinn macht. Ja, der K/D ist leicht zu spielen (für mich als alten Mann also optimal) Allerdings muss ich ehrlich eingestehen, dass ein jüngerer Spieler mit meiner Ausrüstung noch mehr Schaden machen könnte.

Der einzige Kritikpunkt für mich ist der der Skill "Entfernter Freund". Ich halte ihn nicht für besonders gut gelungen. Evtl. würde es ausreichen, dass dieser Skil geändert wird in: physischer Fernkampfschaden kann bis zu 15% bei Einzelzielen erhöht werden und nicht auf auf Reichweite bezogen ist . Aber das ist nur meine Meinung ;)

• S/D has a higher raw attack speed, meaning its Joint Blow has a lower cooldown (1.30 seconds), and its other skills also hit slightly harder (although the benefit isn't huge because Scout benefits less from attack speed compared to a melee classes).

Agree with most of your calculations and suggestions except for one fundamental point. You downplay the attack speed of ranged weapons, even minimizing the additional 15% that makes this difference and is the foundation of this combination. Remember that the Scout's DPS includes, among other things, the multiplier of the attack speed of the weapon, and in S/D, it's +15% compared to S/W. If there were runes for the attack speed of ranged weapons, you would see this difference perhaps more clearly.

you're right about the additional 15% in single target damage, which does make S/D better in the bigger picture. But it might not be as significant as you think, and here's why.

Let's imagine you're attempting a 30-second single target sustain at maximum range+warp charge (which is impossible btw to achieve in real situations). If we assume you have a similar, good rotation and manage to land around:

27-30 wind arrows.

23-25 skills with GCD

Both classes deal almost the same damage, and the reason behind this is that S/W has a 26% damage buff that only has a 60-second cooldown and lasts for 30 seconds. However, your autoattacks benefit more from the 15% boost than S/D, as you can potentially land +30 more autoattacks in 30 seconds, contributing to over 60% more damage.

It's true that S/D's joint blow and Wind Arrows deal more damage than S/W, but the difference isn't substantial (3.23% and 1.8% respectively). Plus, you have non-GCD snipe with zero channeling time. Although it's true that when S/W's berserk wears off and if you add another attack speed potion in this sustained phase (like Elven Agility Flask or Strong Stimulant), S/D will likely outperform S/W. However, in ini, hitting skills at maximum range is impractical. Also, during sustained fights, you typically engage more than one single target, where S/W proves to be stronger in these cases.

in nutsell, Scout class (except Scout/Mage) is quite expensive, demanding substantial resources to compete effectively. This is primarily due to the significant impact of its physical damage. In a basic scenario without any damage buffs, each tier of a weapon increases your damage output by roughly 1.7%. However, since damage is not additive, the impact of x% damage buffs increases output damage more significantly as your raw damage (higher weapon tier + raw damage bonus from gear) increases

When you mentioned, 'only M/W seems to be able to outclass me in damage,' considering someone who has dedicated a considerable amount of time exclusively playing as a scout, and their weapon alone costs roughly as much as Mage gear with swapped equipment, it raises concerns about this class being inherently weak. Now, picture the experience of an average player with significantly fewer resources—a Tier 15/14 bow paired with Tier 11/10 gear and no additional cards. It amplifies the struggle and emphasizes the inherent weaknesses of the class

• Mit großen Interesse verfolge ich diesen Beitrag. Ich spiele nur den Kundschafter/Druiden und sehr selten Kundschafter/Mage z.B. in Atlas. Die Klasse K/D halte ich für die am besten ausbalancierte Klasse in CoA. Enorm stark an den Bossen und guten AoE-Schaden.

Allerdings muss oder sollte der K/D dann ziemlich extrem gepimpt sein. Mehr als evtl. in anderen Klassen notwendig ist. Vergleiche zu anderen Klassen (oft als OP-Klassen betitelt) mache ich nicht, weil es für mich keinen Sinn macht. Ja, der K/D ist leicht zu spielen (für mich als alten Mann also optimal) Allerdings muss ich ehrlich eingestehen, dass ein jüngerer Spieler mit meiner Ausrüstung noch mehr Schaden machen könnte.

Der einzige Kritikpunkt für mich ist der der Skill "Entfernter Freund". Ich halte ihn nicht für besonders gut gelungen. Evtl. würde es ausreichen, dass dieser Skil geändert wird in: physischer Fernkampfschaden kann bis zu 15% bei Einzelzielen erhöht werden und nicht auf auf Reichweite bezogen ist . Aber das ist nur meine Meinung ;)

Ich stimme dir vollig zu, dass Kundi/dudu eine der ausgewogensten Klassen im Spiel ist. Ich habe nicht gemeint, dass S/D unterdurchschnittlich ist. Wenn du gegen einen schwachen Schurke oder fast alle Stoff-klassen mit durchschnittlicher Ausrüstung kämpfst, kannst du sie aufjeden leichter besiegen, das bestreitet niemand. Aber aufgrund des aktuellen Zustands von Klassen wie den Schurken sowie des Designs der Ini selbst ist es offensichtlich, dass Schurken dich leicht übertreffen können. Denn Schurken haben eine der besten Sustain-trash, wenn nicht sogar die beste im Spiel. Um diesen Punkt zu unterstützen, werde ich ein einfaches Beispiel geben. Eine Klasse wie R/CH, die ihre Sustain in Atlas-sacken im Vergleich zu R/M oder R/W, R/P (ohne die Wirkung von "Disassemble" zu berücksichtigen) nicht die stärkste ist, kann ich aber trotzdem mehr Schaden verursachen als alle kundis (außer S/M, die ich persönlich als eine fehlerlose Klasse mit richtig starkem Kit finde),

und genau das merke ich in jeder Ini

• You know ramer talked about the Attack Speed passive, S/D has? And this works for single and aoe DMG. He is not talking about the general scout ranged dmg passive depending on range

• actually i know what he was talking about.

however i didn't want to delve deeper into AoE because it's quite obvious that S/W is stronger than S/D. Here's why:

In the same 30-second sustain test (3 targets) with warp charge:

S/W does 23% more damage, while S/D does 8% more damage when Berserk wears off. The reason being:

Reflected Shot and autoattacks are notably weaker for S/D. Even S/D's piercing arrow deals slightly less damage than S/W's ,when S/W's Berserk is active.

The 15% attack speed boost for scouts simply doesn't significantly contribute much to overall damage, not even for single target skills. Therefore, its impact on AoE skills, which don't scale with 'Distant Friend,' is also negligible

• Yes. 15% attack speed is nothing. Only 17,5% flat dmg increase. This 17% + the manabased blood arrow, which name I dont know, + the flat amount of attack depending on range DMG is significantly lower than berserk.

It was also a very good test on 3 dummies where you dont need to move, bcs reflected shot only hits 3 targets and s/w has a movespeed debuff.

All in all a good test for s/w :)

• where do you want me to test? 15 dummies? where piercing arrow deals more damage when berserks is active? also i'm wondering how 12% movement speed going to impact my overall damage when i can do +23% more damage ever 30s xD . i mean movement speed will be really impactfully if piercing arrow had a really small box collider ,which's in reality not so true