Posts by Rakot_Hades

Latest change on ch/r:

Champion/Rogue

• Removed Shadow Pulse extra damage portion.*
    • Removed Shadow Explosion physical damage increment.*
    • Changed Runecraft – Haste to give movement speed instead of offhand weapon damage.*
    • Reduced Death Arrives cooldown to 3 minutes and added 20% 1-H hammer damage to effect.*

Why your team forces ppl to make 1h hammer to play ch/r? Dual 1h is broken on ch/r and what do you do? You nerf 2h hammer part even more, while making 1h slightly lower? Guess what, ch/r dual hammer is still broken and now 2h is nerfed instead of nerfing dual wield. Why you do this? To satisfy someone who made dual wield? What about people who use 2h hammer and enjoy playing ch/r for last few years? I dont want to play ch/m, you nerfed ch/wl, so champ best now is 1h, why you do this?

This is all incredibly disappointing, I will refrain from posting for a while, not that you care but this was incredibly disappointing change coupled with killing wd tank, makes me wonder if i want to continue playing this game.

"and wheres is the problem? the same happened to the champio, basicly its similar, now to tank with warden you have a pet to tank as champion use the SF and lost patack by -% str, i think thats good cuse wheres the point in the warden can be tank and do good dps just changing the jewellry?, then why dont increase again the patack on the champion too?.... this change is good maybe what they need to do its now make a pet to be more offensive dps like do the champion with the disassemble form"

With that change noone will tank as wd, it just useless, no stun, lower pa than other tanks, why bother.

Champ in SF does NOT have -65% pa reduction, so your comparison is not valid, it has loss of str but in turn HUGE gain in sta; in the case of this change, you just lose 65% pa while before there was no such loss. As it stands, tanking in SF same gear i will have more pa and more hp and more pd than wd with the oak pet, it makes wd useless as a tank since champ can just do much better - hence less variety as i said.

If the intention is to make it similar to champ SF - then instead of -65% pa make it like SF - convert str to sta say 87% like SF, but not just -65% pa, this just kills wd tank...

Hi team,

thanks for the update alot of new combos to test now.

However, I would like to ask you to revert one change you have made:

" Changed Spirit of the Oak to additionally decrease physical and magical attack power by 65%."

In my opinion, this change is completely unnecessary and very unfair change, I initially thought it was to debuff a target (e.g. boss) and not the player. You now made wd tank at disadvantage relative to other tanks, if you propose that then you have to do -65% debuff on pa for all tanks that use defensive buffs, it just does not make sense. Wd was always a tank that can do some damage while sacrificing survivability, or go all def then barely any attack. Please note tank does need pa too to help with agro, such HUGE pa reduction is simply unheard of and not warranted at all.

I am very strongly against this change and I hope its just a mistake, please fix it and make Spirit of the Oak pet back as it was without pa or ma reduction. If this to stand, there is 0 reason to tank as wd, you just decreased variety with that change, this can not be your intention.

Please consider it,

Kind regards,

Rakot

Changed some class pets and cenedrils to update their attributes dynamically depending on owner attributes instead of only during spawn.

Now all cenedrils hit harder than the guardian / druid pet and they can't be called at the same time. Why do guardians need pets in the game if all cenedrils give out more damag?

Hi team,

I agree with the premise of this post in that wd now is at disadvantage since it needs a pet to work well yet then does not get benefit of the cenedrils; i guess one possible option is to make wd pets much stronger to compensate for that; also do similar for classes like p/w who needs fairy. I do like the option to have cenedrils toggle-bale but need to make sure it does not diminish other classes such as wd and p/w.

Thanks!

Dear team,

I have one suggestion - since p/w uses fairy and cant use cenedril at the same time could you please scale fairy damage same way as cenedril do, that way p/w would not be at disadvantage versus other classes who can have extra damage from the cenedril.

Kind regards,

Rakot

Code
    tell me why chain items have a base% attack speed
    and all the rest of the magic or scouts have% physical (magic) damage, in which case people who wear eq chain mail are very disadvantaged and this is called balance?

% based attack speed directly increases dps, so chain bonus is fine + helps to hit things more often that tends to proc some good other things... :)

Couple comments from me re Sere's post above, specifically ch/r:

"Moreover, Shadow Pulse overall damage should be lowered by ~ 10% imho."

I am not sure i agree as atm ch/r with 2h is behind ch/wl, and lowering it even more will set it back so ppl will just play ch/wl thus less variety. In fact, i would personally propose to buff Shadow Explosion damage component from 8% to 10%, would help to be closer to ch/wl, while ch./wl would still be stronger it needs to deal with dots that would compensate it

Rest of the post i am behind it, all are excellent suggestions!

Suggestion/question for p/w:

Found out an issue when 2 p/w in the group - the fighting spirit strike debuff can be consumed by another p/w, and fighting spirit strike debuff cant be stacked even if 2 different p/w apply it - I wonder if first this is intended and if yes, would it be possible to make the fighting spirit strike debuff specific to each p/w and allow them to stack, since this is the condition for use of the Ascending Dragon Strike, without which p/w is not as strong. That way 2 p/w would work independently and rotation would be as intended. If this is not intended, could you please fix it else otherwise group cant really have 2 p/w running efficiently.

Thanks!

Rakot

A possible bug for p/w:

Accuracy Halo from the fairy - it should provide 5% damage reduction but it does not say so when I have the buff - only has accuracy and pa part - could you please check and fix to make sure it works + listed in the buff description when I have it on.

Many thanks!

As Byte said, it is not planned. Right now, it would be a big big shitstorm, cause more and more are getting their ultimate gear, which would be for leather classes (yes, rogues and scouts are leather classes) useless and destroy their items in this moment.

And cause Byte said, that it is not planned, I am against this now in this state of balancing.

so now that the scouts have made their equipment, the rogue fighters have to suffer?

I don't know but our rogue does incredible dps in rofl and insane dps in instances below, so rogue is clearly fine I would even say op :) and yes if your friends decided not to stat optimally (i.e. without using pains) then it is on them, to change the dex and str bonus for rogue would make people who already made their gear with pains at disadvantage.

Few extra comments from me re p/w and to return the favor I will quote nice post from Snickars (thank you very much for constructive posting!) above.

"but disagree on the limited burst. I tested the combination with lether gear and a T12 spear, which is not the best equipemt for this class and still dealt decent damage. Dont get me wrong I also think there could be some changes, but more on that below."

To clarify, I meant by limited burst only 1 skill (berserk) that boosts it - hence limited burst, I do think adding something with damage boost (e.g. light or physical) would be nice to make class little more bursty, atm most damage is fairly constant hence I meant sustained part.

"In addition, I wanted to address the companion´s speed of movement again. It has already been suggested, but I wanted to mention it again: Please increase the speed of movement of the copanions. "

I agree 100%, this would be really nice addition and yes please add to all priest fairies;

By the way, can we decrease summoning time for p/w from 5.3 s to something less - like 1 s - I don't see a need for 5.3 s summoning time...

" Therefore I would suggest the following changes to set skills:

Elemental Repercussions: increase cirtical magical and physical damage

Water Element of Rebirth: increase magical and physical attack power

Death of Cold: deal damage based on main hand weapon dps

And when you implement new set skills, you may implement a skill that increases water damage for short time, such as Warlock´s Chaos Guide or Path of Anguish"

I really like these suggestions, and at least 1st two "Elemental Repercussions" and "Water Element of Rebirth" just require relatively simple addition of the physical damage or physcial pa part - since a priest will be either magic or physical, I don't think it will change the balance but would make p/w a lot more fun!

"Death of Cold: deal damage based on main hand weapon dps" I like the proposed change from p/w prospective but need to check how that would affect p/s or other priest magic damage class

I also have one additional ISS suggestion:

"Energy Reaction" in addition to magical damage add physical damage component so its both

Hi team,

I want to give feedback on p/w, i finally made and tiered the spear and tried it in RoFL.

First, I think its really cool that p/w has a specialized weapon, I like that a lot! I view this class as mostly sustained with very limited burst, which is how I assume the team is designed it.

I have several suggestions that I hope the team can consider.

I) Aoes are a major issue. which makes class less viable especially in RoFL; there are technically two:

one is whirlwind (506.8% water damage dps with 30s cooldown)

and second is Chain of Light (channeled 4 sec cast with 340% dps - so total is 5x340 = 1700% dps for 4 secs + gcd 1 sec to follow)

The whirlwind I think is fine but please consider decreasing cd from 30 s to 10 s or so to be able to use more often;

The Chain of Light issues are multiple -

1) you need to have fairy on + have halo - if fairy dies then you don't have aoe at all. Would it be possible to make fairy under concealment immune to aoe (similar to wd pets) - else fairy does all the time on 2nd boss circles for example

2) Line of sight issue - this is the most annoying, I can stand in front of a mob but I guess there is a small something between me and the mob, and skill wont work due to line of sight - this is very inconvenient and makes skill very hard to use... I wonder if anything can be done to fix that.

3) Another issue if initial mob dies channeled aoe stops and goes to cd, so you cant continue making damage - I am not sure if it can be done but would be great if the skill hits all mobs within the range of 80 of an initial targeted mob and continues to hit them for the entire 4 secs

4) If I move, cast is cancelled and goes to cd, please make it so it works similar to fighting spirit combination in that I can move and cast

5) Alternatively, change it to a aoe that does light damage similar to for example ch/wl Blast of remorse which does 910% damage with 10 s cd - or wd Frantic Briar that has 6 cd

If the above is addressed, would make aoe part of the combo a lot more pleasant to work with

II) Slash with water damage - I suggest to increase it to 800% or so to match other light skills and make single damage little stronger to compensate the lack of burst skills

III) Condensed rage - whole skill to recover 5k hp is really not practical esp with 30s cd if triggered - I wonder if either change this to % hp and lower cd, or maybe change this to something that can be used to burst alittle more - say short buff to damage would be great since atm p/w has 0 damage buffing skills - only 1 buff is berserk which is + pa + speed.

IV) This is just a general comment, p/w has basically no need of iss for the damage role it plays, which is kinda sad, that's why it is important that most of elites are useful to make the class viable.

These are all I have at the moment, the class is interesting and I hope it can become more viable - in comparison with ch/wl for example (class I play a lot too) it is atm behind with the changes I propose if some implemented would help a lot.

Many thanks!

Rakot

I think the skill is fine. I don´t even notice the damage and for this patt increase it´s totally okay.

yeah that's why you trading your hammer :)

Sad truth champ now is not viable endgame, there are other chain classes that do more on burst/aoe damage and single damage , I can go r/wd and do more than champ or can go warr or wd and do more than champ; there is hardly a point to play champ anymore...

ch/wl with these life drains makes it extremely unpleasant to play and if not changed there will be barely any champs left, I am last one playing champ main in my guild I think and will prob change too unless things change, devs really destroyed it :( and there is not even a single combo really viable;

ch/m - some buffs are nice, but no spammable damage hit apart rune pulse - you cant play this as end game dps without that, doubt anything will change for champs but if you plan, need something else ch/m noone will play; add something that can hit 700-800 ish dps like you did for ch/p for example

ch/r - commented above, not viable atm

ch/p - nice range of skills but behind ch/wl and not viable

ch/wl - still best champ combo but WAY behind classes like r/wd, r/ch, wd/w, w/s to name a few both in terms of burst/aoe and single target lol

Devs, if you aimed for balance, don't kill classes like that...

Hi, I would like to report a bug + comment more on ch/wl:

1) Apparent bug: Endless pulse should take 10% hp but instead taking 40% hp - this was fine before, plz fix;

2) Dark Energy Punishment - 6.5% dot for sec is too much - no need for that esp since the actual buff is nerfed so much, plz change to 4-5%.

Multiple hp dots and how much % aoe damage a lot of mobs in RoFL do make this class really not pleasant to play, cant be the intent. I would go to ch/r, but shadow pulse still has issue to be fixed + shadow explosion need some buff to make class comparable to ch/wl.

Thanks!

A little addition regarding ch/r Shadow Pulse: https://gyazo.com/276359035de61f2ceb7c160afcc216c5

I figured I should add a screenshot, so I made one from tonights run. 36% dodge certainly is no normal skill behaviour.

To support the post above from Sere, I tested it myself and indeed dodge rate is WAY WAY too high, my hammer skill is maxed, so it cant be weapon level - I suspect it maybe uses magic accuracy? Please check and fix as this skill is essential part of the ch/r rotation;

I also tested ch/r some and I stand by my initial comment that the nerf to shadow explosion to only 10% pa from 50% is way too much - all while still maintaining 50% healing penalty - ch/p has no penalty 8% pa and sta lol, for example. My suggestion to change

shadow explosion to give 20% pa and keep 8% pdam or go 25% pa and 0 pdam, but 10% currently is making ch/r less viable relative to other champs like ch/wl for example. Please consider!

Latest change on ch/wl:

Reduced Champion/Warlock skill Dark Energy Punishment attack increment to 16% and increased damage over time to 6.5% at level 55.

Could you plz look into it - the extent of the bleed is very high and does not seem to match the benefit, especially if you compare with some other similar skills - e.g. blood arrow from w/s.

This change if not an error + another nerf to speed buff skill makes ch/wl not very attractive combo, was fun to use many various buffs, why break it? Another great disappointment...

In the era of the change, I would like to suggest to change one of the dynamic Cenedrils buff combo to the following:

+ physical attack and + in physc crit - since we have ma + crit maybe its possible to make one similar byt for physical. I suspect noone is using Liphisto (dex + accuracy) - would be awesome to change that to pa + crit.

Thanks for considering.

I really understand how hard the dev-team is trying to make everything as equal as possible. For example the new Amplified Attack from Priest which now also gives matk which is great dont get me wrong but I still dont understand why there is different buffood. Most classes use the same buffood such as IS buffood there is one for matk and patk both got the same values but then there is the Hot Strew which is only usable for pdd classes and it gives you 30% patk which is ridiculous. If you compare it to mage classes which are forced to use the coin-recipes to get 18% its just unfair in my opninon. Mage food doesnt just cost more it also gives less so my suggestion is if you really want to make a real balance and make both dps classes as equal as possible please adjust that because I think paying 20 dias for 10x "Hot Strew" - +30% Patk compared to paying 60 dias for 10x "Elven Bread with Cheese" - +18% is just redicolous. I mean there is even a coin-recipes which gives patk but just +18% and its not even used because there is the Hot Strew which gives +30%. Other than that you guys really did a great job in my opinion keep on going with the hard work and I'm glad to see that you also listen to the player-base <3 Thanks in advance.

Greets

My original reply I deleted when Mado pointed out I did not read patch notes fully - was upset about the champ nerf.

I will point out that if we want to balance ma and pa like that then make sure pd and md of bosses are similar, since historically it was almost always pd > md, sometimes by a significant amount.

I also want to say constant nerfing is really hurting, very hard to play with nerfs appearing every other day :(

Finally, I still don't understand why some changes were made, e.g. 20% reduction in rune pulse - is it because some groups champ is doing so well? I am making an assumption here - but if you compare damage output from a group, plz make sure gear is taking into account - gold/versus not, t17/18 versus more reasonable t15/16.

Anyway, very discouraging times for personally, I used to look forward to patch notes - now its with dread.

Re Aggressiveness skill for warriors:

I think they way it is implemented is an excellent step to the right direction, thank you! warrior now will have less issues with rage which always hindered the class especially on mobs. I would like to suggest you consider one small change to the Aggressiveness -

In addition to 10 rage per sec maybe consider adding instantly increase rage to 100 and add 1 min cd so ppl dont use it to constantly replenish rage. It would help initially rage pool and will be nice convenient feature.

Thank you!

I would like to report what looks like a bug:

This is regarding champion class, specifically disassembly mode and pd it should provide with runecraft-fortify - it should give 58% extra pd at level 55, but it does not!

Here are some numbers just using champ/no secondary (will use my gear):

normal mode: 45.184 sta and 309.414 pd

disassembly mode: 36.200 sta and 375.374 pd;

loss of sta (since 20% of sta goes to str in this mode) is approx. 9k, which means loss of pd (1 sta = 2.3 pd) of 9k x 2.3 = 20.7k loss relative to original, thus before applying 58% multiplier - pd was ~289 k (from norm mode ~309) - applying 58% pd buff should have pd of approx. 457k. However - in reality I get only 375k, which is significantly less- only 23% increase instead of 58%! Could you please check.

I may be missing something but it looks like we are not getting the runecraft-fortify skill to work correctly with the disassembly mode.

Thank you.

i don´t know but i thing rogue/champion should be able to wear chain aswell... no leather dps got a 2h hammer and it seems kinda nice to play this class now

I agree.

Maybe it could be considered swapping rogue/wardens can-wear-chain passive with one of rogue/champ ? Wearing chain on the latter doesn't makes much sense, /champ on the other hand already uses a 2 handed hammer and thus would be a optimal target for it.

I support the idea as well, since 2h hammer is allowed then it does make sense to allow chain as well since that's the weapon champs are using. Similarly to comment above, skill similar to r/wd that allows to use chain would make a lot more sense for this class, please consider adding it.

Thanks!

Credit to Serenadae - he pointed out how the speed cap likely makes 2h sword less optimal for wd/s and they need to use 2h axe versus other wds where 2h sword still better - since I don't think it would be fair to ask wd/s to make a separate weapon just for that combo, I think this needs to be addressed. Perhaps by making 2h axe and 2h sword similar/identical - not sure what is the best way but since some ppl made 2h swords already that needs to be taken into account.

attack speed in char info screen != damage of skills.

The attack speed cap (2 hits per second per weapon) does not mean, that you does not do more damage with more attack speed buffs with skills. Otherwise you would do less less less damage as rogue than pre patch.

there is source code of chapter 6 runes of magic in a forum that i don't want to share name here, i would suggest you to download it and read physical damage output formula or just do simple tests like i did years ago.

just fyi, there is no other "hidden" attack speed value that breaches the cap

What Rev is saying is fairly easy to test - I suggest others test it as well and see; reason is simple - if what Rev saying is correct, then weapon selection for scouts may need to be reconsidered in terms of burst versus sustained; btw I myself don't have scout gear to try, so I honestly don't know answer and would personally appreciate more ppl testing it out

Thanks!