Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• As Byte said, it is not planned. Right now, it would be a big big shitstorm, cause more and more are getting their ultimate gear, which would be for leather classes (yes, rogues and scouts are leather classes) useless and destroy their items in this moment.

And cause Byte said, that it is not planned, I am against this now in this state of balancing.

so now that the scouts have made their equipment, the rogue fighters have to suffer? I suppose I don't want to do things in STR because I'm a rogue. I want to get more patk from DEX for this very reason. what does the scout have to do with it? I don’t understand. if I'm talking specifically about the rogue class

I have many friends who do things in DEX because they play only as a rogue.

They, too, now have to wait another 2 years until the GM will again do the balancing of classes? you yourself decided to take this risk by doing things exactly at the time of class balancing! so I don't understand why you are against this balance. Nobody forced you to do things during this period of time, right?

Again, this is my personal opinion and I do not want to scare anyone. I'm just talking about the changes I would like to see in this class. Thank you, I hope I didn't offend anyone)

• As Byte said, it is not planned. Right now, it would be a big big shitstorm, cause more and more are getting their ultimate gear, which would be for leather classes (yes, rogues and scouts are leather classes) useless and destroy their items in this moment.

And cause Byte said, that it is not planned, I am against this now in this state of balancing.

so now that the scouts have made their equipment, the rogue fighters have to suffer? I suppose I don't want to do things in STR because I'm a rogue. I want to get more patk from DEX for this very reason. what does the scout have to do with it? I don’t understand. if I'm talking specifically about the rogue class

Scouts and Rogues have the same equipment with same stats, except the weapon....

• Quick response to Rakot:

To clarify, I meant by limited burst only 1 skill (berserk) that boosts it - hence limited burst, I do think adding something with damage boost (e.g. light or physical) would be nice to make class little more bursty, atm most damage is fairly constant hence I meant sustained part.

I misunderstood you there. Would be great if p/w had more buffs to burst.

"Death of Cold: deal damage based on main hand weapon dps" I like the proposed change from p/w prospective but need to check how that would affect p/s or other priest magic damage class

I don´t think there should be much of a difference since the damage would be based on your main hand weapon dps, whether you carrying a spear or a wand. But I also let myself be convinced otherwise.

so now that the scouts have made their equipment, the rogue fighters have to suffer?

I don't know but our rogue does incredible dps in rofl and insane dps in instances below, so rogue is clearly fine I would even say op :) and yes if your friends decided not to stat optimally (i.e. without using pains) then it is on them, to change the dex and str bonus for rogue would make people who already made their gear with pains at disadvantage.

• so now that the scouts have made their equipment, the rogue fighters have to suffer? I suppose I don't want to do things in STR because I'm a rogue. I want to get more patk from DEX for this very reason. what does the scout have to do with it? I don’t understand. if I'm talking specifically about the rogue class

Scouts and Rogues have the same equipment with same stats, except the weapon....

yes, but you choose your own stats, right? Let's say you chose a scout, it's better to do 3/3 for him, and for the rogue, 6 stats in Dex will be better. I think that no one will be against this change, because it will not affect the scouts in any way, because the change in the bonus properties of Dex will be tied only to the rogue class

• Scouts and Rogues have the same equipment with same stats, except the weapon....

yes, but you choose your own stats, right? Let's say you chose a scout, it's better to do 3/3 for him, and for the rogue, 6 stats in Dex will be better. I think that no one will be against this change, because it will not affect the scouts in any way, because the change in the bonus properties of Dex will be tied only to the rogue class

No, even for rogues 3/3 is best. And that's why I am against this, cause it was said that it is not planned to change anything.

• yes, but you choose your own stats, right? Let's say you chose a scout, it's better to do 3/3 for him, and for the rogue, 6 stats in Dex will be better. I think that no one will be against this change, because it will not affect the scouts in any way, because the change in the bonus properties of Dex will be tied only to the rogue class

No, even for rogues 3/3 is best. And that's why I am against this, cause it was said that it is not planned to change anything.

it's better ? what) so that you get 13k more patk like that?) but if the dex gives 1.4 patk, then DEX will be better

• This is excatly the problem. If it would be changed, some equips of some players are not the best after the change. the rogues I know, including myself, statting 3/3 cause this result in the best dps

• A possible bug for p/w:

Accuracy Halo from the fairy - it should provide 5% damage reduction but it does not say so when I have the buff - only has accuracy and pa part - could you please check and fix to make sure it works + listed in the buff description when I have it on.

Many thanks!

• Suggestion/question for p/w:

Found out an issue when 2 p/w in the group - the fighting spirit strike debuff can be consumed by another p/w, and fighting spirit strike debuff cant be stacked even if 2 different p/w apply it - I wonder if first this is intended and if yes, would it be possible to make the fighting spirit strike debuff specific to each p/w and allow them to stack, since this is the condition for use of the Ascending Dragon Strike, without which p/w is not as strong. That way 2 p/w would work independently and rotation would be as intended. If this is not intended, could you please fix it else otherwise group cant really have 2 p/w running efficiently.

Thanks!

Rakot

• Hi,

I found a big bug on rogue/warden.

Phantom Blade overrides strong stimulant and atlas attack speed potion.

Also Fervent Attack overrides Phantom Blade.

I guess this is not intended. Can you please fix it?

Kind regards

• Warrior/Champion's Bloody Slash and Vendetta Blow deal magical instead of physical damage (tested at 3rd boss tikal).

Champion iss Ferocious Disassembly and Punisher's Disassembly deal magical damage and can't be used while under a silencing effect.

Since even physical based elemental damage has been changed from magical to physical, those should be as well.

• I just finished testing (almost) all Warrior combinations and I'd like to share my thoughts so far.

Warrior/Champion

Very fun and the strongest warrior class now. I like the changes to slash and the overall feeling of the combination. Good job !

Warrior/Priest

Again, nice changes. Doesn't do that much damage, but makes up for it by providing the group with strong support. Definitely playable now.

Warrior/Scout

Still the strongest warrior in terms of burst aoe, I do like the change.

Warrior/Warden

Very pleasant to play. Doesn't do as much damage as /champion, but has more aoe potential. Probably my favorite out of all the warriors. (Due to personal preferences - always liked the combination.)

Warrior/Rogue

Couldn't test that one because of the 1h requirement, but looking at the changes I'd say viable as well now.

Warrior/Warlock

Best sustained aoe dps among the warrior combinations, I like the buff to Lightning Spell and Spirit-Cracking Blow. Usable as well.

Warrior/Knight

My favorite tank class this far. Nice support skills, buffing strength iss as tank is neat :D

Warrior/Mage

Still does lack damage to be viable. I'd suggest changing the still useless Thunder Sword to a channeled aoe, akin to Priest/Warrior's Chain of Light.

Warrior/Druid

Unfortunately still a useless class. Two main problems arose while playing it:

1. Getting a no gcd Slash buff from Earthly Strike is nice, however, a 4 skill combinaton to aquire it is to much. Moreover, you run out of rage far to quickly to use it properly.

Both issues could be solved by removing the Unbalanced-debuff requirement from Earthly Strike and by making Slash consume mana instead, while under the effect of Slash Expert.

2. Stifle, which is essential for the class for getting the Irresistible Force Buff, does consume the Vulnerable-debuff and thus interrupts the Probing Attack > Open Flank > Tremor combo. Simply remove this requirement and the class becomes far more pleasant to play.

Thanks for reading.

• My thoughts regarding Champion:

Champion/Rogue

Very strong class if played with 2h, ridiculously overpowered when using a 1h. Killing all 3rd boss rofl organs on my own took me 1 minute and 43 seconds, which should say more than enough.

I get that you want the class to be played with 1h, which is totaly fine, but the 1h hammer damage bonus is far to much. I'd suggest replacing the 15% one-handed-hammer damage on Shadow Explosion with 5% attackspeed while wielding a one handed hammer. Playing the class with 1h is even without any additional benefits a good option, because of more Shock Overload and Chain Drive procs.

Moreover, Shadow Pulse overall damage should be lowered by ~ 10% imho.

Champion/Warlock

Fun class that's in the right place now.

Champion/Mage

Nice support capabilities(and tyvm for the mana spammable - much appreciated change), but lacks damage to be competitive and keeping all the short-time buffs up is very stressful.

My suggestions to change this are:

- Heavy Bash:

Remove gcd trigger while under the effect of Elemental Defense

-Backlash Armor:

let it trigger on any damage received, not only parried hits

-Rapid Spread:

Currently serves no purpose, since it does lower damage than Heavy Bash.

increase damage to 650% physical mainhand weapon dps at lvl 104

lower buff duration to 15 seconds

-Bloody Experience:

Buffrotation is already very long, so I just don't use this skill, it has very little impact anyway.

Could be changed to: "Inflicts 750% physical mainhand weapon dps, while under the influence of Rapid Spread buff." 503 mp cost, 5sec cd

-High Energy Barrier:

As already mentioned, keeping Rune Growth and Barrier up and generally buffing up is unpleasant atm.

increase duration from 15 to 30 sec

Champion/Priest

Has interesting skills, but can't really shine either as dps or tank atm. Suicide Advance buff is strong though, that should be kept in mind. Having no mana based spammable makes it very clunky to play.

Some suggestions:

-Runecraft - Devotion:

change to: "Improves your Rune Growth, making it increase phsical attack by 20% instead while in Dissasembly Mode and reducing damage received by 25% while in Shield Form respectively."

-Divine Vengeance:

reduce damage dealt to 600% mainhand weapon dps physical light damage, remove it's cd, cooldown reduction for Holy Aura & change the cost to 503 mp

add x2 aggro multiplier while in Shield Form

-Rune Energy Consecration:

increase rage gain from 5 to 10

-Light Pulse:

add x4 aggro multiplier while in Shield Form (this would help tremendously as a tank) and change the damage type to physical light damage

-Holy Attack:

The debuff removal is random and not useful. Replace it with: "Deals 800% mainhand weapon dps physical light damage to the target and reduces it's physical and magical attack by 15% for 8 seconds."

-Explosion of Righteousness:

change damage type to physical light damage and increase the buff duration from 15 to 30 sec

-Reviving Blast:

increase cd to 5 minutes

change to: "sacrifice 50% of your health to return a fallen player back to life. This ability can be used while in combat."

Champion/Warrior

I like the changes so far, definitly an interesting tank combination. However, having only access to rage makes ressource managment difficult. Furthermore, the class has no spammable with aggro multiplier, which adds to the inconvinience.

This could be solved by two simple changes:

-Power Slash:

add: "Removes the rage cost of Slash and makes it increase your aggro while in Shield Form(x2 multiplier)."

-Arc Strike:

remove rage cost and add x3 aggro multiplier while in Shield Form

General

-Energy Influx Strike:

Does less damage than a Heavy Bash and is not used in any way atm. Please consider increasing it's damage.

I apologize for posting twice in such a short period of time, but I wanted to keep my thoughts on both classes separated.

• A suggestion regarding Pets. Atm ALL pets, e.g. Mage/Scout or any Warden pet is way too slow. With the amount of additional movement speed you get (ring buff, wings, skills, setboni, etc..) it takes forever for a pet to follow you. This is quite annoying since your pet is supposed to do something on a boss but can't do it because the boss is dead (or in an event phase) before the pet is close enough to use those skills.

So my suggestion is that you scale the movementspeed of the pet with the movementspeed of its owner.

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

Edited once, last by Laisha ().

• Couple comments from me re Sere's post above, specifically ch/r:

"Moreover, Shadow Pulse overall damage should be lowered by ~ 10% imho."

I am not sure i agree as atm ch/r with 2h is behind ch/wl, and lowering it even more will set it back so ppl will just play ch/wl thus less variety. In fact, i would personally propose to buff Shadow Explosion damage component from 8% to 10%, would help to be closer to ch/wl, while ch./wl would still be stronger it needs to deal with dots that would compensate it

Rest of the post i am behind it, all are excellent suggestions!

• The Shadow Pulse part is certainly a point for debate. I do feel like the skill is slightly too strong, in fact my ch/r does more damage than my ch/wl (both played with 2h).

This may come down to my personal playstyle though. As long as the 1h issue is adressed in any way I'm in.

• Code
    tell me why chain items have a base% attack speed
    and all the rest of the magic or scouts have% physical (magic) damage, in which case people who wear eq chain mail are very disadvantaged and this is called balance?
  • Code
    tell me why chain items have a base% attack speed
    and all the rest of the magic or scouts have% physical (magic) damage, in which case people who wear eq chain mail are very disadvantaged and this is called balance?

% based attack speed directly increases dps, so chain bonus is fine + helps to hit things more often that tends to proc some good other things... :)

• About mages sustained dmg (not m/s ofc), I know you guys told me that you know it is bad when other classes dps are in the party (I guess almost every time? :P) and you are working on it, just want to give a few propositions.

M/WL have a decent sustained skill, Soul pain. Not bad dmg, low cast. I would suggest to remove its cost, this class have focus issues. This skill wouldn't be used during burst so burst dmg won't get affected. Also need to remember (in case someone say this is a support class), if we use this skill, we don't support, so it would sup only when you don't use this making you chose between supporting or doing sustained dmg.

M/K Stars of light is also a good idea for sustained dmg but, really low dmg. It needs like x2 or somehting of what it does now. Same as previous sugestion, burst dmg wont get affected since isn't related to cast speed.

M/R just need an increase in Cursed fangs dmg, easy to fix.

Adding to other mages some similar skill to Soul pain with good dmg and low cast (0.5s cast and half dmg of that class 3 second spammable skill) but of course not worth to use when you have cast speed buffs on, would be a good way for mages to catch up with other dps. Have to remember their aoe in most of combos is almost nonexistant compared to pdps or warlocks.

Cheers, Madoxx.

• First of all, I totally agree!

In addition to that I have a suggestion for Mage/Rogue...atm "Throw" is totaly useless. Other combinations that have rogue as second class have modified "Throw" skills so here is my suggestion. Reduce cooldown of Throw to 1sec and let it do dark magical damage. If you change that skill in this direction, please don't make it as strong as "Shot" because then Mage/Scout would be useless again, because Mage/Rogue has better group support and aoe skills.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• Changed Static Field to inflict 1800 wind and 1800 elemental damage to target.

Thank you! Have a lot of test to do but it feels good to be heard.

• Hello,

the skill "Defenders Roar" (ID: 1500761) from warrior/priest is kinda buggy.

The 10% HP buff effect dissapears, if you re-cast the skill and have it already in your bufflist, the HP effect will be removed. You need to cancel the buff manual and re-cast it.

Kind regards