Posts by Rakot_Hades

Additional comment re wd oak walker - I wonder given that for example psychic shadow increases pcrit by 1200 and pcrit damage by 20%, while oak walker gets only 200 pcrit and 10% pcrit damage, a buff of the oak walker to get it similar to the other pet would make sense for wd combos other than wd/wl? Note that oak walker has ISS (Chaos of greed) that enables 6% damage increase, so I think keeping the pcrit damage of 10% is fine but perhaps consider increasing pcrit to 1200 instead of 200?

Cheers!

Consideration for wd/w:

I suggest to make the combo earth oriented and propose following changes to consider (Frantic Briar already doing earth):

Change Charge Chop, Power of the Wood Spirit, Double Chop, Beast chop and Pulse Mastery to do earth, add earth damage modifier buff (e.g. 30% with offset of increasing all received damage by 10%) and change for the Frantic Briar instead of decreasing damage dealt by targets to raw increase of the earth damage by 30% for 5 secs (similar idea to ch/wd explosion wave) if aoe hits a target . The numbers may need to be adjusted a bit after few tests, those I proposed are fair bit lower than that for ch/wd but of course wd/w has feral leader (50% damage buff) while ch/wd has general champ buff of 21% from the shadowforge, so at the end it would make combo on an equal footing.

Another thing, wd/w does not have any combo specific physical attack speed buffs, one possibility is to add to the Pulse Mastery (you need to apply beast sigil to use the skill) also 10% or so increase in physical attack speed (would work similar to phantom cleave of wd/wl, which also requires noxious slash applied).

The above just few ideas how to make wd/w more viable with exact numbers tuned up/down depending on the performance.

Suggested changes fo wd/wl:

"Warden/Warlock

• Decreased Corruption of Nature cooldown time to 3 minutes, reduced physical damage gain to 24%.
    • Increased Essence of Poison poison damage gain to 30%.
    • Changed Phantom Cleave to do not trigger global cooldown after channelling ends."

In my opinion this still does not address the key issue - pa; again, the damage sealing of wd/wl is fine, no need to change that much. Assuming 1.6kk pa base is enough to do similar damage to other classes and 1.5kk (my experience) clearly not enough suggests to me that with 1.6kk pa you are getting to the soft pd cap of monsters, and with 1.5 kk you will not. If pa is not going to increase by ~7% for wd/wl, then only players who have t13&t14 gear will be able to reach that - i.e. prob single player :) My gear is all t12 with chest t13 and I suspect that is above average and I know my gear does not enable me to reach the pa to unlock the damage potential of the class. If you keep it as is in terms of pa, you will not see many people running rofl on a wd/wl, i very strongly believe that.

i agree wd/wl burst > wd/r; and sustain for me was wd/r > wd/wl (mostly since power of the wood spirit is stronger on wd/r + it has str buff that enables pa gain unlike wd/wl that has 0 pa increase skills)

I discussed the pa with Serenadae and he has as i suspected almost 100k pa more (1.5kk me vs 1.6 kk), and according to him he can keep up sustain with other dps in his raid. Given with the change of 1.6 pa per 1 str which gives wd ~50k pa and the fact we notice an improvement suggests the wd is getting close to be viable and thus change of 1 str = 1.8 pa would make it perform similar to other chain combos. Please consider doing that or alternatively for wd/wl and wd/r (2 most viable wd combos) consider implementing the following:

1) for wd/r change Heart of the oak force fountain to gain 30% str instead of 21.9% it has currently

2) for wd/wl add to protection of nature also pa buff of 7-8%

3) or just change 1str = 1.8 pa.

The changes above would make wd/wl and wd/r competitive. Other combos would still need rework but its a separate story.

Thanks!

"But I guess more pa for warden will be too strong, because all warden classes have more pa then. If one class combi is bad, elite skills need a change."

That's why i try diff combos not just one, and wd/r similar to wd/wl lack pa in my opinion based on the performance in our runs. If they keep it as is, then it will be same as before noone will play wd, i am just trying to get it on equal footing so class becomes a good option for chain users again.

Just to clarify, with identical gear, i will do much better on couple warr combo and champ relative to wd in rofl, which in my opinion is the main issue which basically implies that unless i want to hinder myself in terms of dps, there is no good reason to play it; but, since i really like the wd i hope further pa improvements can be made so wd or at least one wd combo would be similar to warr and champ

I know, but in my opinion unless you have Sere gear or similar cant reach enouth pa, and damage drops, combo burst is fine, but aoe/sustain for me is low, your experience confirms that in my opinion that with extra pa buff wd/wl would be viable for a peasant like me :D

I tried wd/wl in RoFL and as i suspected it badly lacks pa - i can only buff to little over 1.5kk and no additional pa buff options for the combo exist sadly. Sustain and aoe were really bad - approx 3/5 of a m/s; burst was ok which goes to show with all pd debuffs class could be ok, but need more pa. Overall, class performed worse for me than wd/r. I think this class combo needs a buff in terms of pa option in addition to a broad buff of 1str = 1.7 or 1.8 pa ( i am starting to think 1.8 would be needed with 1.6 not enough for sure)

Re wd/w, it is simply not as good as wd/r or wd/wl, that goes to combo design that needs a boost. I suggest you change charge chop and power of the wood spirit to be earth + add earth damage buff of 20-30% for 10 s if frantic briar hits. Else atm wd/w is clearly not viable and not as strong of a combo. Other wd combos are even worse sadly

I suspect in terms of sustained wd/w likely will be worse than wd/wl or wd/r, not sure about burst; look forward to the feedback!

Cheers

Dear Devs team,

I did a couple of runs on wd/r in RoFL and I already can see some improvements on dps with 1.6 pa per str gain, but its still behind similar gear dps both sustained and burst, although gap is lower now, so thank you for buffing the wd some. I think 0.1 extra would make it on par with similar gear dps, thus i suggest to change pa gain to 1.7 pa per 1 str. That would enable ~50k pa gain and i think would make wd competitive.

I will try to test wd/wl and wd/w next couple of days to see, but I am positive 0.1 extra pa gain would be needed for other combos as well to make class more solid. Perhaps others who test wd may comment as well on their experience.

Kind regards,

Rakot

Warlock

Why has the cooldown on Weakening Weave Curse skill been increased by 100% (from 4 to 8 sec.)? As far as I remember you have withdrawn from this proposal, and now all of a sudden without giving it in official information you just change it. X(||

I would personally suggest to have 8 s cd for s/wl and revert back to 4s cd for the rest, in my biased opinion

Hi,

It seems ch/s vampire arrow buff only reduces focus consumption by 50-55% and not 80 % - e.g. vampire shot costs with buff 10 focus instead of 20, mechanical storm is 12 instead of 25 - please update. I tested with current 50-55% and focus still becomes depleted some of the time, so i guess once you fix it to 80% it should work well. In addition, on the char the buff still says focus regeneration rater increase of 80% (need to update since I assume it no longer increases focus regen)

Thank you!

Proposed change: "Increased physical attack gain per strength to 1.6."

Hi, i think the change will help abit but still wont be enough to bridge pa gap - please consider to go 1.8 and then if you see it performs too strongly (I doubt it) then can lower, extra 0.1 per in my opinion wont be enough - please consider.

Sounds good, thanks for clarifying!

Regards,

Rakot

ch/m power within prevents getting magic barrier from w/p - i suspect that was done before when the skill was also doing damage reduction, but since the power within skill was changed plz allow magic barrier to be used together with that skill.

CH/m is also immune to Warlock´s Soothing Paradoxon (498554) looks like to be the same issue .

Greetings

good to know thank you! Please check/update that as well plz :D

ch/m power within prevents getting magic barrier from w/p - i suspect that was done before when the skill was also doing damage reduction, but since the power within skill was changed plz allow magic barrier to be used together with that skill.

I see a change for wd/s, i think this could be a step into the right direction ( I did not like prev design was not working very well even with lack of pa for wds in general the class was still worse than wd/wl), but i suggest few more:

1) wd/s - add option to use gun, would make sense + add gun damage buff similar to ch/s

2) Blood arrow - add melee damage increase too, else atm its not even used - i suggest something similar to w/s or ch/s.

3) Anti-Magic Arrow - make it no gcd and increase damage to 700 range dps - that would be main spammable bow/gun skill to use in addition to wd skills

Thank you!

Couple more comments from me:

1) Forgot child - wd classes - was mention before, wd with 1 str = 1.5 pa can not compete with warr or champs that get 2 pa per 1 str; I tried multiple combos and none can get closer to either warr or champ. Biggest issue is lack of pa where for RoFL mobs have ca 2.5 kk pd, and wds lack pa, they have ~20% less than warr or champs with identical gear. What is really needed to revive wd (I am sure you see that very few play wd end game) is to boost pa by 15-20%.

I suggest for the protection of nature add 15% pa and see how it performs, i think with extra 15% pa it could get closer to warriors/champs and offer more options for chain users - I really like wd and want to play it in rofl but atm its not viable.

2) For wd/w combo (my fav) also underperforms relative to e.g. wd/wl - I suggest make it more earth oriented damage with the Frantic Briar already doing earth - perhaps change Charge Chop, Power of the Wood Spirit, Beast chop and Pulse Mastery to do earth and change for the Frantic Briar instead of decreasing damage dealt by targets to increase earth damage on targets by 20% ( or just raw increase of the earth damage similar to ch/wd - then have duration similar to cd of the skill) for 15 secs if hits

3) I suggested before a quality of life change - kinetic explosion - it just resets Imprisonment Pulse, please make it no gcd.

Thank you!

In light of significant number of phys dps now doing elemental damage and not just mdps in the past, i wonder if you could consider adding 162 pcrit in addition to 162 mcrit for all elemental damage titles (e.g. 4% dark/light/earth etc). I think that would be appropriate else mcrit is obviously not needed for phys dps :D Please consider.

Cheers!

• Reduced Vampire Shot effect retrigger cooldown to 10 seconds, changes focus regeneration 80% focus consumption reduction.

Thank you for helping with the focus issue, need to be testes but this sounds like it may fix majority of the focus issues, will see, thank you for listening!

Cheers!

From now on our change log will be announced during our discussion and test period within team in patch notes section of our website, in purpose of getting feedback from our community in real time before releasing a patch. You can read patch notes of current festival from here.

You can continue to use this thread, or send private message to me in forum / in game to give your feedback.

Greetings

Dear Byte and Devs team - thank you, this is awesome news and much appreciated change, lets hope it works well but def step into the right direction!

Me again:

It seems that changes are worked on, i would like to bring one more time that ch/s focus issues still there - I made some suggestions before with arguably the easiest to change Pulsing shot to return 50 focus instead of the rage which champ has a lot of options to generate already - please add option to return actual focus not % regen, as % regen is not working very well since you have to move alot. The class has nice design but not comfortable nor pleasing to play atm when half of the time you have 0 focus and nothing you can do to address it unless your intention is to have it not use gun skills half the time - which in my opinion makes class not fun since whole concept is gun based champ. Please consider it.

Forgot to add:

• Decreased Iron Light Magic Ring Protection item set skill received area damage reduction to 10%. With this one I couldn't disagree more. This completely negates the benefit Warriors got from the Berserk change. Please don't change the AoE reduction.

I agree with Sere as well, please dont implement it, for packed groups that was only saving thing, please keep it as is, this is a nice unique aspect of a warrior.

• Fixed Moon Cleave had unintentionally increased damage. Manageable for /Ch and /Wd (although they can't keep up with R/P and S/M anymore I'm afraid), but a strong nerf to any other Warrior. If it was unintended I do understand why you've changed it, but please consider generally increasing Moon Cleave's damage. 290% x3 with 1 sec channeltime just doesn't cut it compared to other AoEs we have nowadays. I think 450% for each hit would be reasonable.

I agree with Sere 100% - while 750x3 was too much, 290*3 for 1s channel skill is too low and often not even used - please change it to 450% x 3 or make it 900 % instant, that would be a nice compromise

• Increased Powerhouse Sword duration to 20 seconds, decreased trigger cooldown to 20 seconds. Thank you, this will help, especially for the weak Warrior combinations.

I agree but could you also consider increasing damage some - I suggest change from 580% to 680%

Also changes to probing attack - warr is still better off with using 2h hammer over same tier 2h axe or sword, thus i suggest to add bleed from slash to be implemented when using 2h weapons, not just axe/sword, would help warr too, else the probing attack buff is largely irrelevant

Since you guys are looking at ISS, could you do something with the Attack Stance, atm it is absolutely useless since damage is lower than open flank, and open flank uses less rage; perhaps, consider increasing its dps to match or get close to the open flank + change the Attack Stance to increase physical attack speed by 15% or change the Attack Stance to debuff pd or md.