Posts by Rakot_Hades

In my opinion w/r before the nerf was way too strong, arguably was top dps across the board, so the nerf was needed (I rarely agree to any nerfs except when they nerf wizards :P). I dont know how it performs now but please note to fully unlock the class potential you need to have 2 t15 1-h axes, as significant part of damage is from offhand.

I tried w/wd and its doing fine, saw w/ch doing fine as well and now it got little buff so will become even stronger but not sure yet how it compares with w/wd, probably may be stronger than w/wd, although w/wd has nice aoes.

I totaly agree scouts got no sustain at all. After burst or spells are on CD ur dps is non existant. Pls change something out of this we need some more sustain dmg. I love S/ch its fun to play but w/o sustain dmg kinda fall off from other classes. Leather gear is only for rogues at least in end game content.

I run with revenant last couple of days who was either s/w or s/ch, and his overall dps was similar or same to my champ and warrior, and sustain seems to be fine, maybe he can comment more but to me it did not look like class was not doing well, rather opposite. Perhaps you are missing something?

"Sorry, but why should a tank have a problem with p-attack reduce? That does not change anything for aggro in plate gear if you play as warden/warrior for example."

I prefer tank that can also help to do damage, thats why, so its not just agro for me, but this is my personal view of course

I mentioned it before - with the same gear, I will do more damage and have more pa on champ over wd, thats why I said only a masochist would tank it. You can do it yes and agro is fine (I mean nowdays agro is so easy now that champ was changed haha), but why not then go to champ and tank and also help with dps. Wd tank is my fav but i refuse to be hindered by such pa loss for no reason, I wish devs would see it too :(.

I would also like to express my view of the champion as a non-champion player. Imprisonment pulse was too strong and had to be adjusted. However, all the changes with the last patch are a bit too many. The identity of some champion classes was completely changed quite early on by balancing (champion / rogue for example). And again and again something is changed in the identity of the champions and I don't think that's right. In my opinion, and as Lutine also said, classes or class combinations in one category should be good. Of course the champion was strong in many ways, but with the changes in the last patch everything was simply reduced. Also the champion combinations that were not too strong or even rather useless. Therefore you should think carefully beforehand what your goal is. And for this it would be advantageous to communicate with the community and share your thoughts, as has been demanded so often recently. For me the champion was always a strong AOE class, but in which category you want to put the champion and which adjustments would be necessary so that he is good in this category and not over or underperformed in the others you can definitely discuss with the community.

But of course that's just my view of things and i wanted to give the devs the view of a non-champion player.

Kind regards

Champ as an aoe king was before they changed it, now it is mostly sustained with ok (with the nerf) aoe and ok-solid (thanks to latest added skill now solid from ok) burst; roll back some on the aoe and i guess i would be ok, but please stop changing things all the time lol. The class was fine, just readjust others, if you keep changing all combos all the time, its very annoying. Some feedback and/or discussion with the community would be really good too, i agree. Some changes like decrease in pd for wd, decrease in hp for champ and so on - not sure why; wd tank only a masochist would play it due to huge pa decrease, and dps were not able to tank bosses with old pd or hp, it seems like some changes are not well thought through.

Cheers!

Just did a run on ch/s, huge focus issues aside, the Imprisonment Pulse was 12% of the total damage, ranked 5th, so yeah while not useless of course, it is still low for a main aoe, and as i said before the nerf champ was behind on aoe with some classes, and now its even more. I am in favor of Sere's proposal to do as he suggested: "217% to 250% and from 260 to 300%, while under the effect of Kinetic Explosion"

In reference to the patch on the champion.

The reduction of the Imprisonment Pulse was too high in my opinion. I know as well as the others who have played this class very much that it was too strong in many respects and a nerve is the only logical conclusion. However, as with many other classes, you should keep in mind that there is something else between being too OP and being useless. Currently there are in most cases after a patch namely only these two options with the DD classes and that can not be. If it goes on like this, the balancing will never go in a sensible direction. There will still be people who complain that one class is too strong and yours is too weak. The conclusion is a nerve for the too strong class and a push for the too weak class. An eternal circle with no visible end. As for the champion, please consider increasing the damage of the Imprisonment pulse by 15 - 20% again. The 40% reduction was just too much of a good thing.

I agree, 40% damage reduction for the main and only main champ aoe is too steep - i personally dont even think it was that op in the first place... Please note it has 30 s cd too... Before the nerf it was not even hitting as hard as say s/wl weakening weave coupled with the elemental discipline and that one only has 4 s cd, i just dont get it LOL Champ aoe was already behind some other classes, which was ok, but now its even more behind. I suggest to either return back to how it was or if you for some reason feel strongly that it needs a nerf (no idea why...) then please reconsider 40% - for 30s cd skill there is simply no need for such a nerf. Please also note that if mobs where you place it die - there will be no more damage, further diminishing the usefulness of aoe

Another thing that bothered me for a while - kinetic explosion - whole purpose is to reset the Imprisonment Pulse, please make it no gcd, that would make more sense.

Regards,

Rakot

Ano

Ch/s focus issues

I did few more tests with 200% focus regen on the vampire shot, and without using focus cost aoe it allows to maintain focus; however, this is only enough for 20 s and with 30 s cd you run into focus problem again, which makes sustain with focus skills impossible - please note this is true with just standing on boss except the push-out skill/run back, so focus issue still a major drawback of the combo.

I would like to propose the following: for the pulsing shot, change rage gain of 50 to focus gain of 50 - with skill cd of 10 s, i think that change would help navigate focus issue to a significant extent while same time wont make it care-free, since some focus management would still be required. Please consider it! Alternatively (although I would prefer you change pulsing shot), remove effect cd of 30 s on the Vampire Shot, so every 20 s one can recast to maintain the focus regen.

Another consideration, now with new shadowforge's rage skill that costs 3% hp, coupled with the BA that takes 5 % HP, ch/s life is hard... I wonder if something can be done about that? Maybe decrease the BA dot down to 3% from 5% for ch/s combo? That way 3% + 3% = 6% dot bit more manageable for heals than 8% hp, I think would help alot.

Regards,

Rakot

Change in boss 3 -

I like the change, however, it still does not solve the issue if someone is using BA for example - hp still runs out quick... I wonder if it could be possible to make char immune inside the organs within the time limit, that way can use BA or similar and dont bleed out, else you cant really use a bleed buff inside for long.

Thanks!

Thank you for the Ch/S change to Vampiric Enhancement, helps a lot ! However, the problem that Pulsing Shot knocks back and requires movement (which cancels out the bonus to Focus regen) remains.

Please consider removing it, it serves no purpose and is unnecessarily annoying.

I agree, please remove the pushback! I would also suggest to remove focus regen penalty with movement, make it similar to energy for rogue or at least just have focus regen same regardless you move or not - ch/s has to be in melee range to do damage and thus moves alot, please consider it

Another comment regarding d/w: since it is a melee class similar to p/w, please consider implementing pd/hp like you recently did for p/w, since both classes work similar, it would make sense. At the moment, wo pd + using berserk means pd drops so low that death on stack of mobs is very likely, and since d/w is close combat class you need some pd to survive. Alternatively, at very least consider not decrease pd which is already low with the berserk.

One more suggestion on d/w - at the moment, single target rotation is 2 non-gcd skills + cross thorn blow, and natural attack is not optimal to use since it takes time to cast that thus limits non-gcd skills. I suggest you either change natural attack to instant then it can be part of rotation or consider adding another damage skill so that rotation would be more than 3 skills - at the moment, one extra skill is really needed to make rotation complete or make natural attack instant that way would be used for rotation on a single target.

Thanks!

More feedback on ch/s:

1) I really like the idea of having champ that mostly replies of gun skills to do damage, nice and unique! However, at the present state it just does not work well, as I outline below:

2) By far biggest issue is focus management - all gun skills use focus and if you move (and you do alot!) focus regen very low and very quickly you have 0 focus. Using a pot only short remedy and not sustained. Without focus, damage drops drastically. That makes class very unpleasant to play, despite my best efforts. The way i see to fix is could be via the following:

a) increase total focus pool to 200 max, but i suspect it still wont work well

b) change focus regen formula similar to energy from rogue, since ch.s is melee class unlike scout you cant stand and do dps, thus have to move closer to target and if you move, focus regen decreases drastically. Removing focus regen decrease with movement penalty would help and dont think will be huge change for a scout due to range they dont have to move as much

c) change Focused conversion -the problem for ch/s is focus and not rage - losing 50 focus to get 100 rage is hardly needed, while focus and rage regeneration are welcome - I suggest to remove 100 rage gain and change to add 50 focus and 50 rage + keep rage & focus regeneration increase - that way you use 50 focus and you return 50 focus back + gain 50 rage, i think that would work much better to navigate focus issues that the class has. Else since you need this when focus is low, and cant use this skill if focus below 50, which defeats the purpose :)

d) change ch/s aoe - Mechanical Storm - consider making it cost rage instead of focus, would help focus management a lot!

3) in terms of damage potential, relative to s/wl which atm seems to be the strongest class (imho) both sustained and burst - ch/s much weaker with burst (with pot its not focus issue rather class limitation) + ch/s aoe also much weaker that s/wl; sustained i think would be comparable if focus management issue is fixed; since ch/s pa is enough, it seems that something else with burst buff is needed, since even with revised hide and seek skill the burst damage still was significantly lower that s/wl, even though s.wl i compared it too had worse gear.

These are my observations, i commend the devs for trying to make it work, but atm it seems to me the combo is not good nor pleasant to play with either sustain/aoe/burst, i hope some of my feedback could be considered as I really like the idea but atm just not working out.

Thanks!

Dear Devs,

I would like to bring to your attention one more time the issue with wd pa that makes class underperform relative to other chain classes (champs, warriors) due to lack of pa. For example, fully buffed wd has 15-20% less pa compared to champ or warr with same gear (due to 1str = 2 pa for champ/warr, versus 1str = 1.5 pa for wd). This results in wd not having enough pa for high end instance like RoFL, i tested multiple wds and arguably best wd combo - wd/wl, is not performing as well as champ or warr combos. I strongly feel wd class needs a pa buff. Since changing attributes to pa is maybe problematic, i suggest you add the following to this class:

"Protection of Nature" in addition to hp it provides already, add 10-15-20% pa buff, maybe try 15% and see how it looks? That wont affect classes that has X/wd, since that skill is wd primary. Please consider this change, you can check number of 2h swords in AH (even t16) and diminishing number of wds on the server as an indication from the players base that wd is not as competative for the end game relative to other chain classes. I personally enjoy wd class the most and would really like to see it raise again.

Thank you!

Some thoughts on the magic/physical raids:

1) Was suggested before, please change overlapping CD on guitar and lute, so both can be played and if raid is a mix, both phys and magical dps can benefit without balance shifting to either magic or physical

2) There are two ISS from guild title: Iron Prince Senior Officer (regal cry: increases phys attack speed and pa) and Dark Prince Senior Officer (storm assault: increases spellcasting speed and ma) - as you can see both are mutally excluding (you can not have both at the same it, since they overwrite each other even if cast from different people) - I suggest to combine both into a single ISS that increases both, that way mixed phys/magical dps can benefit evenly. If combining is an issue, perhaps add one extra title that would combine both effects and have a quest to trade for siege badges

With the above two addressed, it would make mixed raids of phys and magic much nicer, as atm if you are phys in predominantly magic-oriented raid or vice versa is not very pleasant :)

Thank you!

Did few tests on Ch/wd:

1) Frantic slash - skill description - if skill hit is critical it should increase next charge chop damage by 100% but it only increases it by 20% or so - please check and fix (e.g. it does 853k with the frantic slash buff while 670k without - clearly not 100% increase); I just realized the issue is it buffs crit damage which makes the buff not that great - I wonder if you can consider to change it to raw damage rather then crit damage, since 20% increase or so is not that significant

2) overall performance of the class is ok as sustain dps, there is literally 0 burst, but as sustained based on few runs it was not as strong as s/wl - i wonder if you could consider changing cd on the charge chop and power of the wood spirit from 4 sec to 3 sec - i think that would help the class, else its sustain is less than s/wl sustain and burst of s/wl >> ch/wd.

3) I mentioned before that class does not have any option to regenerate mana and few skills use % mana - I suggest to modify the skill: Reinforced Amulet - add there some % of replenishing mana, like 50% or so - with cd 30 s it would give class an option to restore mana

Thank you!

Hi all,

With the holiday season upon us, I just want to say THANK you to everyone who helps make ARCADIA a great and enjoyable place to be. That includes DEVs, GMs, Support, forum MODs and of course all the players! I appreciate all the work and dedication everyone is put into the server - this is for me an awesome place to get away from a RL for some time and have fun and enjoyable experience with many friends I have and hopefully many more new friends to meet! Its great to see an influx of new ppl too!

Happy holidays everyone!:)

Rakot

Well, wd/ch is clearly a tank and not dps, and as a tank it does well and the fact pet decreases pa by 25% is bit better than 65% from the oak; I kept telling devs that with that negative pa, it makes wd tanks less attractive since champ with same gear in shield form would have superior hp/pd/pa; only reason to tank as a wd is due to class, i enjoy wd but tanking with oak is like not buffing your pa intentionally :)

In terms of dps, i still think wd lacks pa, even wd/wl or wd/r, both good but not as good as for example ch/wl or ch/m, hence my suggestion to increase pa some. I do see an issue buffing primary wd pa skill as for example r/wd would become even stronger. I think changing stats distribution of 1str = 2 pa is a possible solution, but that could cause some disbalance to the wd class becoming too strong, idk. Perhaps a middle ground is to modify Power of the Oak skill to also grant pa increase along with damage and change cd to 30 secs, so would be recasting it every 30 s.

I wouldnt go that route, because this will buff all wd secondary classes by alot, the recent cd decrease already did that, which wasnt really necessary.

Apart from that I also think that wardens still need further overall increasement of patk.

Cheers!:thumbup:

I definitely agree with Melodic here. If they were to increase patt for wardens it has to be done either with an increase of the stats provided by the dps pets or any other primary wd skills.

Yeah, i would be fine if they change stats distribution for wd to be same as warrior, so 1 str = 2 pa and 1 int = 0 pa, that would make then on par with champs/warr pa wise, perhaps devs can consider that, make overall stats distribution similar to warr/champ?

Dear Devs team,

I have a couple of comments regarding wd and wd/ch:

1) For wd, the pa is still significantly lower than for a warrior or champ due to 1str = 1.5 pa (for wd) vs 1str = 2 pa (for champ/warrior), which makes wd performing worse relative to warriors and champs. You decreased cd for the Savage power, which helps a little but i don't think its enough. I suggest you consider implementing the following change:

decrease the cd to 30 sec, while keeping the duration to 30 sec, that way would work similar to the champion rune growth skill, and will help wd to bridge the pa gap little more relative to champs/warriors, i think that change is needed, as you probably noticed number of wd a lot less relative to champs or warriors

2) I tried wd/ch, and I ve noticed that Power of the oak should increase two-handed weapons damage but it does not work for 2h hammer, i suspect this is an error with 2h hammer excluded since wd/ch could not use 2h hammer before since combo did not exist. Note two-hand weapon mastery that increases damage of 2h weapons does work on 2h hammer - please look into it.

Thank you!

I see, then it explains it :) For me its opposite, we mostly have magic dps now haha, so raid is more towards magic.

I do agree regarding cast however, this is clearly something that needs to be looked at for future content

every magical dps in endgame is worse than most pdps

I will start by saying my magical knowledge is 0, i never play magic nor never will.

This is my observation with runs in Hades, where raid structure and support is primarily mage oriented. and guess what, Madox as a mage dps almost always on top, on trash and on bosses...

M/Ch and M/d at least till this patch were doing remarcably well; s/wl was clearly broken op, idk if its on par now.

Anyway, you could read it as out phys dps sucks (possible :P) or mages are not as bad as ppl claim them to be :)

I agree RoFL is a boring instance, and design of the golden gear is questionable, but at the end of the day I think the devs need to realize that releasing content once per two years or so (or even longer) is not ideal. This leads to active ppl losing interest and leaving, we see this all the time. New ppl come too, which is great, but we need to have active content that will keep old and new players engaged.

I would much rather prefer every year to have a smaller instance released that would cover part of the gear slots (e.g. upper sets, lower sets, accessories sets) with new weapons every other year or so + have some increases in stats so that ppl can remake part of the gear if they desire restat older pieces.

The instances for one year could be harder mode from nostalgia instances as was mentioned above + new custom made the following year. BUT, if you do make it, it needs to drop something worthwhile gear-wise, else like other nostalgia intances, no-one would bother running them. Implement a smaller complimentary set that ppl will want to get from a nostalgia ini, idea that ppl will keep running new (harder) nostalgia for the sake of it is not valid, after few runs ppl will stop.

So did few more runs in rofl and in general the dps output of ch/s still low, relative to for example s/wl and m/ch, significantly less. Forgot to add - other champs like ch/wl and ch/m perform much better with similar gear both sustain/burst

Some of the suggestions above are certainly needed and I think phys damage of the blood arrow needs to be increased as well - for example for w/s it is 82.9% phys damage increase and 103% ranged, while ch/s only 20.7% phys and 103% ranged, both consume 5% hp per sec - maybe make BA same as for w/s, i.e. 82.9% and see how it looks like? At the moment, ch/s is underwhelming and lack of phys damage or speed buff is an issue.

For hide and seek skill - maybe add 20% speed buff along 18% damage buff so burst little stronger?

Focused conversion - i like the idea of the skill, but problem for ch/s is focus and not rage - losing 50 focus to get 100 rage is hardly needed, while focus and rage regeneration are welcome - I suggest to remove 100 rage gain and change to add 50 focus and 50 rage + keep rage & focus regeneration increase - that way you use 50 focus and you return 50 focus back + gain 50 rage, i think that would work much better to navigate focus issues that the class has.

Thanks!

Few comments re ch/s:

1) I agree with above posters - The pulsing shot throw back is not needed for a class that relies on melee + few gun-based skills have such a low range...

2) Vampire Shot - I suggest to remove the 30 s cd, that way every 20 s need to use it as part of rotation + have pa boost that ch/s needs

3) wrist attack - my issue is two fold - 1st cost of focus which becomes an issue since all gun based skills are focus heavy too and 35 focus for 10s 5% damage increase on target is not really worth it - I suggest to

a) lower focus cost to 20

b) increase damage received to 10% and increase duration to 15s

4) Fearless Shot - the rune pulse part from it removes the chain drive - would be great if that can be fixed so that the rune pulse from the fearless shot does NOT remove the chain drive so normal rune pulse can be used as well

5) Mechanical Storm - this is my personal opinion, but could we change the way this skill works similar to say frantic briar - without changing any numbers - my issue is we already have Imprisonment Pulse that works similar to that and i personally sometimes have issues with targeting it, having two aoes that work same way makes it more difficult (for me at least) to work around. If that could be changed to aoe that just hits around where char is standing would be great to simplify rotation a bit

2nd thing regarding Mechanical Storm - it has 15 s cd so cant really spam it - i would suggest to remove the focus use (would then be a gun skill that does not require focus) or lower it from 25 to 15

6) Crippling Shot - I wonder if you could consider making it 2s cast instead of 0.5, to offset perhaps increase cd to 10-12 s - that way would work somewhat similar to snipe - would be nice :) Atm 0.5 s cast is not that useful

-Thanks for all the work

Rakot