Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• no, you're wrong. I'm not saying that you are a liar. I just want to say that there is no information about the goal here, and that I do not believe in such screenshots on which there is no detailed information.

then let the scout cut his bloody arrow and the champion's shield? then it will be comfortable and good for every class!

Once again, I’m not saying that someone is a liar and I don’t want to offend anyone.

• Взаимодействие с другими людьми

I was there when this Screenshot was taken Impa and i can asure it is legit and not dubious as u say

these are just words, no more, how can I believe and be sure of this? if the screenshot is cropped and even on which there is no information about the goal

Well, your claims are "just words" too, where is the proof that rogues can't compete ?

Took this screen some days ago (~10 sec burst) as a rogue/warden and this was with chain gear and no str/dex mix, so could be a lot more damage. I don't know what else you expect from rogue, but imho it's one of the strongest classes rn, at least /Warden and /Champion.

https://gyazo.com/7c56e02afc8e54c3124a1063207a3fd1

If you are unsure how to maximize your damage as a rogue, I'm sure Lutine would be happy to help you !

• :thumbup:

• Hello

I have a question about new class combination and new weapons (guns). When can you expect to implement these changes to the game (which were initially planned for October 30).

Greetings :)

hi,

you answered your own question in your question . And since it is not the 30th of october i suggest we wait and see what happens ^^

Greetings

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

• Hello

I have a question about new class combination and new weapons (guns). When can you expect to implement these changes to the game (which were initially planned for October 30).

Greetings :)

Hi, a quotation of Grox:

"Class Balance: New Class Combinations along with new weapon type (gun) are planned around 30th October 2020."

So it is not planned FOR 30th October. It is planned AROUND. That means, it could have been patched yesterday or it could be patched on 2nd November. Because "around" does not exactly means "on that day" ;)

And like Cruvor said. We still have not 2 weeks after 30th October :P

• Here we start again, few comments just checking the skills doing a few tests.

Scout/Warlock:

Everything have extra focus cost, it makes no sense, warlock skills cost focus already, scout ones shouldn't have any cost (like literally every other combination). After 10-15seconds I can't do anything. If you don't want to remove the cost, some of the skills should work as a focus recover (like wl have a skill that recover 50 focus)

Bug:

- Piercing arrow: It is a casting skill and I can't find anywhere why, please fix it.

Ideas for balance:

- Weakening weave curse is still applying a debuff on mobs for extra dark dmg, consider change it into poison (same for druid/warlock).

- Speed attack is useless for this class (except autoshot) and cast speed have mostly no use aswell. This make that item set skills and 5 min buff don't do anything. Will have huge issues to do any burst until this is changed.

- ISS Lvl 90 aoe... please consider making it magical aswell.

Druid/warlock:

- Skill that changes stamina into intelligence: the buff in spanish says it gives wisdom, bad translation I imagine. This skill leave you with like 3k stamina, do you guys really think that will have any use in endgame? how many times can we survive with like 100k hp xD. It should work like mage/warrior 70 elite or something, turn stamina into int but don't remove the stamina. Cloth users are already paper and easily one shot T.T

- Also the 2 casts of this class need a change, is a combo of 4 casts, its literally impossible to use 4 casts on any mob. I suggest, instead of adding a toxic debuff on the mob it should be on the player so doesn't matter if we change target, we can still stack 3 of them before using the other cast.

- Earth storm is ridiculous, no offense but is a joke. This one and earth pulse should be improved some how to not be a total shame :evil:. Increasing the number of hits like mage ones or make them work as a combo wouldn't be a bad idea.

I know balancing weird combos like scout as mdps or a druid as mdps isn't easy, thx for this classes btw.

Ty for adding some magical weapons. One note, s/wl (mdps) use bow and isn't on the list :D

• Hey

is "Ranged Mastery"(490445) for Scout Champ taking the new Gun in consideration with the dmg bonus ? I am asking because atleast in the German Client it says it is not doing it and without that bonus the class combo is heavily weakend

Edit: Just tested it and its no localisation error , gun dmg is not increased with the ranged mastery

Edit2: Scout Champ Autoshot has a 20 Range!

Greetings

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

Edited 2 times, last by Cruvor ().

• Regarding Scout/champ:

+ what Cruvor said.

And what is the intention, that the range of skills are melee range? Autoshot with range of 20!

Piercing Arrow with range of 60.

Also the level 45 elite (AOE Skill, does not know the english name right now) shares the cooldown with the scout ISS. Also 750% dps for a 3 second cast without cast muliplier is kinda useless :D

• I made a "small" list while testing out the new heal combos. I didnt really take balancing into account and just focused on bugs, however I feel lots of those combos are way too strong in overall healing output/dmg reduce/raid support.

As there is no suited feedback thread for this patch and I am too lazy to create individual bug reports for this many, i will just dump my list here. its just copy+paste, so if anything is unclear please tell me so.

general

varius fear removing effects such as VN rings and p/k elite do not work vs various fear effects that are marked as fears after a few patches ago.

druid/champ

lv20: teleport ability also is given within 150 range, tooltip says 100 range. here again the new charge functionality makes this practicly useless, not only due to low range.

lv25: a skill that permanently provides more rage in and out of combat than the class can effectively use, makes this ressource kind of irrelevant.

lv30: why is this skill an actual teleport and not a charge like the others. teleport placement seems to be kind of random around the ward.

lv35: stun/silence range is more than 80 but 150, different form what the tooltip says.

lv40: caster also charges the ward, not mentioned in tooltip

lv45: has no effect at all.

lv70: i believe you already know about the issue, the reason is it should not be skilled to +104

druid/priest

lv20: heals each second, but tooltip says every other second.

lv25: stone animation stays the entire bufftime, completely hiding your char, which is funny for a bit, later on just annoying

lv30: useless, since heals are even after healing rework way higher and more effective than needed, so noone needs to use 2h staff, not to mention using this buff.

lv40: tooltips do not name the 5sec runtime for raidmembers buff.

lv70: effects only show as sysID_name in combat log.

priest/warden

lv25: magical barrier does not affect raid members, as the tooltip says

lv35: buff has no real tooltip, only shown given positive values in green

movementspeed+mp buff does not disappear after lv85 ISS it summoned

the pets healing does not trigger at all

the passive skill should not show up in the pets action bar

possibility to return the pet would be useful, same as for the lv85 ISS pet

lv15: briar buff shows given positive values in green, same as lv35 elite

priest/druid

lv30: what HP usage is that skill talking about?

lv70: tooltip does not mention the CD for the healing procc

(great mechanics, not too strong class)

not exactly connected to recent changes, but this has been bothering me for a while now:

priest/warlock

lv20 elite healing effect is reduced by about half with each target hit, resulting in very inconsitent heals and the most distant target (mostly tanks) being healed by almost nothing.

Cheers!;(

Edit:

druid/knight

lv50: holy strike and lv50 passive tooltips say the buff required for punishment is applied to target, not yourself. also says nothing about 15sec runtime.

lv60: punishment heals in 100 range around the caster, not the target as said in tooltip.

...and I was surprised at first that no skills were buggy here.... :whistling:

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

Edited once, last by melodic ().

• Regarding Warden/Warlock:

First off, I really like the design of this class, feels unique and is a lot of fun to play.

However, it is ridiculously overpowered. I was able to hit endgame bosses for far beyond 100kk with Charged Chop (https://gyazo.com/5b1a31b7f0b6319a255b441371b6dee4), in fact we could do the whole boss instance with 4 ppl without a tank (yes, Aldo too), because Wd/Wl just destroyed everything in seconds (just Wl/M support). I had Aldo down to 20% on my own within 10 seconds which is just stupid.

Offburst damage is tremendously high too.

I suggest the following:

- Essence of Poison: Reduce Poison damage increment to 30%

- Phantom Contract: Reduce physical damage increment to 8%

- Corruption of Nature: reduce physical damage and poison damage increment to 20%

- Savage Darkness: reduce poison damage increment to 8%

• warden/priest:

lv30: the passive, instant extra heal the pet is supposed to do if you cast urgent heal and other requirements are met, does not work at all, irrelevant if the pets skill is toggled and/or on cooldown

• Regarding Scout/Warlock...

The 200 focus are really awesome, but the Universal Potion isn't working between 101 and 199 focus points. Also the dwarven beer potion is buggy on this class since it always "sets" focus to 100, no matter how much focus you had before. So if you use it with more than 100 focus, your focus is reduced to 100 :D

Also, as the previous posts already told, please add a focus regeneration mechanic or decrease/remove the focus cost on Wind Arrows, Autoshot and Vampire Arrows (which currently has 2 separate focus costs, which might be another bug).

However, the concept of this class (and most others ofc) is awesome, I'm looking forward to play them in future <3

• Official Post

Regarding Scout/champ:

+ what Cruvor said.

And what is the intention, that the range of skills are melee range? Autoshot with range of 20!

Piercing Arrow with range of 60.

Also the level 45 elite (AOE Skill, does not know the english name right now) shares the cooldown with the scout ISS. Also 750% dps for a 3 second cast without cast muliplier is kinda useless :D

Gun is intentionally not working properly ( short range ) with arrow shoot skills.

Cooldown share is intended and like all other classes, this might be changed depending on state of class in future.

The change that was supposed to be applied to compensate it, was missing, it will be corrected with next patch.

Range is intentional.

Champion/Warden:

Shock Overload: The Aoe only triggers from WhiteHits with a hammer. But this combo has to use an axe.

We do not plan to change it, however as it is said, it can be changed later depending on state of class.

- Caster is also a raid member

- It should have been fixed with recent server restart ( 31.10 09:30 CET ), please let me know if you tested it after this restart and it is still not working properly.

- It has same meaning.

- I just tested it and it was working properly for caster and raid members, could you provide more information?

- Holy Candle is consuming 6% HP per second, which is 3% with this passive.

warden/priest:

lv30: the passive, instant extra heal the pet is supposed to do if you cast urgent heal and other requirements are met, does not work at all, irrelevant if the pets skill is toggled and/or on cooldown

It had wrong pre-development description, will be corrected with next patch.

There is an issue with Essence of Poison which is leading it to provide more than intended poison damage, will be fixed with next patch.

Greetings

• D/CH
    lvl 45 - it doesn't work in party. Buff is supposed stack to 15 but it doesn't even activate (it did when i was without party)
    lvl 70 - doesn't activate at all

D/K
    Sometimes holy strike doesn't give buff which make unable to use punishment

• Sorry but was is the intention behind range of 20 for a scout?

To be clear. Skills like autoshot or shot for example have no own range. This results in a range of 20 for the skills with the gun. That means a lower range than all melee skills! Every melee skill can be used within a range of 50.

Why should someone play the scout/champ if you always need to be more than close to enemies to use half of your damage skills?

I would say nobody would play this class in this state.

Regarding the little fact of cooldown share: Skill is kinda useless. It can only hit up to 5 targets, IF there are still 5 targets after the 3 second cast. So with "normal scout abilities" with autoshot, piercing arrow/reflected shot you will do more damage. within big trash groups, 5 targets are not many and you will use the ISS skill.

But please, consider rethinking about the gun range or skill range of scout skills for scout/champ

Kind regards

• I hope this order of your replies is correct, wasnt the best way to structure your answer:

druid/champ

lv40: caster also charges the ward, not mentioned in tooltip

- Caster is also a raid member

I am talking about the lv40 elite, not the lv35 (which indeed allows all raid members to use teleport skill).

the lv40 elite does only mention specificly enemies and no raid members and not the player. check your skills.

lv70: i believe you already know about the issue, the reason is it should not be skilled to +104

- It should have been fixed with recent server restart ( 31.10 09:30 CET ), please let me know if you tested it after this

I wasnt even online at that time. All testing I have done was after than that. Skill is just not useable and in the skillframe it is shown as a non-skillable skill wich reasonable values, while being shown as a +104 skill in chat and action bar tooltips, obviously having the +104 effect before it was disabled.

Other skills seem to have similar issues with the +104, for example lv30 Knight/champ elite. This one however has the effect of a +0 skill.

druid/priest

lv20: heals each second, but tooltip says every other second.

- It has same meaning.

each second = once every second, healing 10 times in 10 seconds

every other second = once every two seconds, healing 5 times in 10 seconds

Common english, use any translator.

priest/warden

- I just tested it and it was working properly for caster and raid members, could you provide more information?

Test it again properly as priest/warden and you will see that "normal" version from other classes is raidbuff, but this version not. :rolleyes:

priest/druid

This skill is talking about Soul Bond not Holy Candle, which usually has 30min cd and bufftime, here this is actually reduced to 15min cd and 15min bufftime, however I just noticed that Soul Bonds tooltips still say 30min.

However the lv30 elite does indeed reduce Holy Candles hp-consumption by half properly, there is no mention of this skill in its tooltip. Thats why I asked what HP usage this is about.

As you did not reply to all the other skills, I believe you do acknowlegde all their issues and I am looking forward to their fixes with next patch. :thumbup:

Please do not take this as any offense, but rather as extended feedback on your actions:

Obviously you do not know that much about those new skills (yet) and you should try to take players feedback more serious, because WE are your beta testers for this after all. There is no way you have done any testing to these new combos before releasing them, otherwise there would be many, many less issues.

Even your "preparation" for your reply was rather sloppy.

Cheers!:)

• Scout/Warlock:

Regarding the focus problems, I disagree. You have the level 100 ISS and the title from Rofl that both reduce the focus cost of skills. Together with dwarven ale you can easily burst over 1min.

But I tested this class in rofl today and me and my guild members think that the skills still scale with physical attack. If not then there is something else wrong with the damage calculation because if I use fullbuffed Snipe (with over 2kk Matk) and it does a criticl 3,8kk hit, there is something wrong or this combination is useless atm.

Edit: It does scale with magical attack and damage but there is still something wrong.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

Edited once, last by Laisha ().

• Official Post

Please do not take this as any offense, but rather as extended feedback on your actions:

Obviously you do not know that much about those new skills (yet) and you should try to take players feedback more serious, because WE are your beta testers for this after all. There is no way you have done any testing to these new combos before releasing them, otherwise there would be many, many less issues.

Even your "preparation" for your reply was rather sloppy.

Thank you for sharing your idea. I am well aware of creation phase of skills since it is prepared by myself, and last 2 weeks were spent on testing skills by DEV team. We are trying to test it as much as possible and I can assure you much more than current reported bugs were fixed during these tests.

- It should have been fixed with recent server restart ( 31.10 09:30 CET ), please let me know if you tested it after this

I wasnt even online at that time. All testing I have done was after than that. Skill is just not useable and in the skillframe it is shown as a non-skillable skill wich reasonable values, while being shown as a +104 skill in chat and action bar tooltips, obviously having the +104 effect before it was disabled.

Other skills seem to have similar issues with the +104, for example lv30 Knight/champ elite. This one however has the effect of a +0 skill.

Thank you for clarifying "not usable" part, it will be fixed with next client patch.

priest/warden

Test it again properly as priest/warden and you will see that "normal" version from other classes is raidbuff, but this version not. :rolleyes:

I thought you meant it is giving only magical defense to raid members, will be fixed.

priest/druid

This skill is talking about Soul Bond not Holy Candle, which usually has 30min cd and bufftime, here this is actually reduced to 15min cd and 15min bufftime, however I just noticed that Soul Bonds tooltips still say 30min.

However the lv30 elite does indeed reduce Holy Candles hp-consumption by half properly, there is no mention of this skill in its tooltip. Thats why I asked what HP usage this is about.

If you can't see these skills/descriptions in your skill book or have any localization issue, let me know.

Greetings

• priest/druid

Divine Knowledge:

https://gyazo.com/ceab6479505b8b2d2ed9a0f89d3b6d59

Soul Bond

https://gyazo.com/6abd29b167a690b3c3821f863d3d8ebd

Holy Candle

https://gyazo.com/5d31fea0809af6b0ab395ca4411c27d7

German client is different. Also in your description you can see the (wrong) 900 seconds of bufftime for Soul Bond.

I thought you meant it is giving only magical defense to raid members, will be fixed.

If you had tested properly for not giving magical defense on raid members, you should also have noticed that this specific buff does not apply at all to raidmembers.

Thank you for sharing your idea. I am well aware of creation phase of skills since it is prepared by myself, and last 2 weeks were spent on testing skills by DEV team. We are trying to test it as much as possible and I can assure you much more than current reported bugs were fixed during these tests.

So how come that skills which give players 30kk+ hp, pets that cast but do not heal with them, units that are not supposed to be affected by certain skills still are and ranges do not fit their description make it into the live patch?

I do not doubt that you may have done any testing at some point and already fixed multiple issues, but you cannot tell me you did not notice a buff has +104 effects while it should have +0 effects when you tested it.

Such huge and obvious bugs must not go unnoticed.

I still appreciate all the work you do very much, improving this game I had not expected.

However like this the game and everything connected to classes/skills and running instances is just pure chaos for players, who also do not know when this is supposed to end, which is very discouraging.

Id rather bear with delays and see content released later, giving more time to test thoroughly and solve issues, than having to deal with a situation with so many ongoing changes, bugs and frustration.

Cheers!:thumbup: