Posts by Madman

Hey,

Currently Barbarian's cut (1492128) dmg is based on the main hand weapon. However, some classes go all out on off-hand dmg with titles, artefact rune etc like w/r , b/w (even worse here because of low instrument dmg and lack of passive multipliers) I think it makes more sense for the skill to use the highest dmg source of a class for it's calculation (main hand vs off hand)

You can use other gauntlets for such classes if you think it would perform better. This isn't supposed to be a global equipment. Also there are expected changes for all set piece hand equipments, shared as planned changes in website.

Greetings

Currently, I don't think any other gauntlet is relevant for the Off-hand chain class. But the change to Gauntlets of the fist seems interesting.

Hey,

Currently Barbarian's cut (1492128) dmg is based on the main hand weapon. However, some classes go all out on off-hand dmg with titles, artefact rune etc like w/r , b/w (even worse here because of low instrument dmg and lack of passive multipliers) I think it makes more sense for the skill to use the highest dmg source of a class for it's calculation (main hand vs off hand)

A little boy was born with one leg shorter than the other, he couldn’t walk or run like the rest of his friends. One day he goes to the doctor to find a solution to his misery. The doctor looks at his patient. Instead of giving him a prosthetic leg, The doctor thinks and thinks and decides to bring the little kid’s friends and cut one of their legs off to even out the play ground.

Give non-coders prosthetic legs leave our legs alone 👍🏻

Warrior

• Changed Slash bleeding to downscale with physical damage reduction.

I haven't had a chance to test this change, but I would assume a new formula was put in place...
    I feel like we are over-engineering Slash Bleed at this point. It goes from being too op to very useless. Maybe change it to a flat amount like other dots and give spear another purpose.

My personal anecdote:

Reading the initial patch notes I was very excited. Bought 2h Sword, tested Warrior/Warlock alot in Itnal, kept rolling for good stat in weapon but needed 1-2 more days to try it myself in Orkham. I even sold my Katana since if I have a 2h Sword, I can Play Warrior/Scout with that and use Spear for Bleed if needed.

Now I read, that the skill has been disabled. Awesome, Crystals wasted, Katana sold and I cannot even try this class once myself to confirm your experience.

It's not like I tried it with Katana or another weapon, I had to make a new 2h sword too, roll until I got max roll stat then use tiers and get new runes to test it.
    I tested in many runs yesterday with different raid setups vs Burst classes (champ, w/s,...) vs Dot classes (w/b, r/d ,r/w), with and without Dot rune and robot. The outcome was the same (R/D being op too could compete with my dots but that was it). I was also competing with players with full Orkham accessories and lower sets while I have none.

However, I do agree that removing 2h sword requirement + removing aoe dot will kill this class along with the investment some players made to play around with it.

My suggestion for w/wl is the following:
    Keep "Spirit Wound" dot removed from Spirit Blade Storm. Make Spirit Cracking blow (498780) require 2h Sword and allow it to spread the dot to monsters that are getting hit by your Spirit Blade Storm. This would mean you can only apply your dot every 6s (on skill use) and you have to time both skills together if you want the aoe dot. The flat amount of the dot can remain the same.

Hi,

A few thoughts about the latest warrior changes.

I like the fact that the direction we are taking is to make some warriors more powerful with specific types of weapons. I was never a fan of "make one katana and play all warriors" meta. so big thumbs up for this.

Spear Bleed with Long Reach(1492407) : The hit range (Fan-shaped was never a good mechanic imho) is very small and the dmg output is very low vs the positioning it requires + harder rage management with spear.

Now let's discuss Warrior/Warlock, it seems to me that the trend now is: you want to buff a class, you give it a dot... which is not very fun to play against (nor with it tbh). "Spirit Wound" dot does too much dmg and coupling it with Spirit Blade Storm is just too much. Bleed used to do 20% max overall dmg and players were complaining about it. I don't think giving w/wl an aoe dot much stronger than Current Bleed was a good idea. Spirit Wound averages about 50% in overall dmg, and even 70% or more if you use Dot sources ( robot, Artefact Rune).

Dots have been overperforming in Orkham since release, I am expecting the power of dots to go down inevitably when players finish their new sets and get access to more Patt/DMG (so mobs will die faster and Dots won't have enough time to scale up). But until that happens W/Wl needs to be adjusted down a bit and/or Nerf how much dot dmg you can buff from outside sources (robot, artefact rune) because other classes perform nearly the same way in Orkham atm.

Hi,

If you already cleared Dreamland for the day, the NPC "Pioneer Dawn" (115689) stops showing Arcane forge-related options too in the chat and you have to reset Dreamland to be able to trade your stones for example.
    Can you make Dreamland options and Arcane forge options independent from each other on that NPC? TIA!

Yeah 56kk tick from bleed that’s normal, finally they did that change

Bleed dmg never exceeded 20-30% of total overall dmg (and that’s if you play spear 90% of the times and put slash on every target) So you will still get beaten in runs by good warriors 😂 I wonder what your next excuse will be. Cheers 🥂

EDIT: Also burst bleed is still strong, with pdef debuffs on bosses so what you are complaining about was not fixed :)

With the recent changes, katana became more viable again for some rogues. However, playing with a katana means you're dead whenever Tranquility Powder (200427) is on cd mainly because of how low aggro physical tanks generate in orkham nowadays vs how much output damage these classes can do. Please consider adding another way of aggro reduction outside of perfect slice. (Keeping up perfect slice buff is very hard and nearly impossible in some scenarios).
    Same applies to some warriors when played with a single 2h wep (w/b , w/d)

Warrior

• Changed Slash bleed to include target’s physical defense into its calculation.

IMHO this change officially killed Spear (a weapon specialized in bleed. You might as well delete it from the game). There is no motive anymore to sacrifice 1 gcd to apply your (single target) bleed when all your other skills hit harder.

image.png?ex=65e61e9c&is=65d3a99c&hm=60e43db20566b864fe4f9ebef52d59927b5ce4eea9ffcb4d93eb6f3387764553&=
    Warrior/scout was not heavily impacted because its single target burst is still very good without bleeding and because it can wear 2 corrupted weapons. However, other warriors will fall off a lot in single target sustain/burst.
    Some warriors rely on bleed to keep up in aoe too by rotating slash on multiple targets due to bad aoe sustain against other classes (while some other classes can apply aoe dots with one skill) There are other ways to balance Slash bleed other than what's in patch notes atm.

- If boss/mobs dot reduction is not working as intended, fix it.
    - If Bleed is doing too much dmg, reduce the dmg multiplier from the formula instead of making Bleed act like a normal skill.

I've had the below issue so many times today only that I started to believe that this is a not fine at this point...

Can you please change the stats pool so that when you finally get a good green stat you don't get a red stat that directly nerfs it? (nerf is even bigger than the benefit in most cases XD)

image.png?ex=65de70b5&is=65cbfbb5&hm=c173ce57420a354ac8779d5067ea24944f80f1bc48273880fbd1bd9f2c551c40&=image.png?ex=65de7068&is=65cbfb68&hm=700c8ec79c2cfd0fb6079030f2a7b284b0a3e032ae8affb0db718f19008e7778&=

image.png?ex=65de6f6e&is=65cbfa6e&hm=40b806e38df150176a480b03f29d235bab9569e208d9073857ffd6bf82e32cfa&= image.png?ex=65de5e6c&is=65cbe96c&hm=589a7670fe249fa44c70dd44979b79b68282ed2d708d32fbb62af2f0e4fb48bd&=image.png?ex=65de6c4f&is=65cbf74f&hm=291e92fd676f8d22c8671b36497249cbc15930a33a607acb4f2b96f0298743dd&=

Theoretically should roll and stop if you think you are at a good spot, talking for weapons.

I'm fine with this, but would it be possible to show min and max possible values? (like we have in the card system) so we know what we are risking and when we have to stop xD

Still just because it is very unlikely to get a magical dmg attribute on a dagger, the pool of possible outcomes is too big because we have many pdmg-related attributes ( I've seen daggers with spear dmg % XD)
    If my suggestion is too complicated to implement, please consider reducing the randomness.
    At the very least remove the non-wep type related possibilities from the pool. A Katana shouldn't get %dmg of another weapon.
    EDIT: Or just max the value of the attribute you get right away and make them even harder to get (to balance it) at least when you finally get them you can move on to make another item xD

Hey,

Quick suggestion for Dynamic Equipment mechanic mainly for corrupted weapons but I would assume the same will apply to gear as well.
    I feel that the RNG in this system is too much, mainly because I got confirmation that for example on 1 weapon you can get the same attribute (Attack speed for instance in the screenshot below) but with different % values. This means even if you get the attribute you want on your weapon you would still need to spend more items in the hope of getting the highest possible value. Knowing how many possible attributes are in the pool, this seems awful and to be frank quite unnecessary.

Can you please at least add an item to allow players to shuffle the % dynamic value but keep the existing attribute ( Like some stones from the card system do)

Reporting a weird bug I encountered today:

Sometimes in Necro last boss you get perma feared, No antifear iss nor ring was working. The fear debuff was at 0 cd and stayed on me even after the boss died I had to leave the instance to remove it.

I don't have the exact steps to reproduce the bug, but it seems to me that I was feared right after the crystal event finished.

Hello, i reported warden 95 iss bug before. But it seems like even after patch it is still bugged in a different way. Right now we cant use 104 iss and 95 iss at same time as intended. But problem is we cant use 95 iss even after 104 iss buff runs out. When we use 95 iss after Animal Spirit's Embrace buff expires, we can trigger Roar of a Lion, but Swift as a Gazelle never gets triggered.

There is also a problem with 104 iss Animal Spirit's Embrace. If we use 95 iss first, 104 warden iss can never be triggered for 25 seconds.

I think it was never intended to work like that but it was rather missed when they added 104 iss. Warden iss 95 and 104 are supposed to be mutually exclusive and that’s what they patched for. If you get 15% attack speed buff from one you shouldn’t use the other afterwards to get the same buff again.

Yes but at the top it says "Can only be used in Shield Form state." So even if you still have the buff, in normal mode it will not activate.

But we can use this skill without disassembly mode. why cant we use rune overload without shield form ?

Because it would be too op lol, Rune overload has a big radius and doesn’t require any positioning to get your dmg off (as opposed to shock overload)

+ being able to break shield form for extra patt/matt and then keep rune overload running would make shock overload useless for most if not all champs.

same problem with Kidd's sword

Item ID 1210130? For me it's just making char smaller, and on the bottom, how it's for you?

It makes your character details (name,guild, title) stick to the edge of the sword instead of on top of your head. When the sword is in your back, these details go underground and when you are fighting they wiggle around as you swing the sword.

Kid’s sword has been bugged since release and it has been reported multiple times before as far as I remember.

That’s the hole point. It says “ it will make stiffle not consumable” but the stacks are getting consumed after using it on the video xD

Changing the skill to be cancelable is a workaround but not a fix.

Normal behavior should be: if you have the buff active, next stifle should give 15 stacks and KEEP them for the hole up-time of the buff regardless of how many stacks you had before.

The description is fine. I still think that’s a bug that needs to be addressed.
    EDIT: Let me break down the video in case I haven't expressed myself clearly enough.
    Here you can see I have the "the last resistance" buff on and 13 stacks from stifle left

The expectation is that the next stifle refreshes the number of stucks to 15 and the stacks don't get consumed right?
    well that's not what happened (on the second 16+) "the last resistance" enterred CD as seen in the screenshot below, and my stifle stacks kept getting consumed as I attacked.

On Warrior/Druid.

The skill "The last resistance" (494036) is bugged.

It is supposed to make stacks from Stiffle (499499) unconsumed on the next use while the buff is active, however, if you already had some stacks of Stifle left, the skill goes into cd and your stacks get consumed too.

The only workaround is to try to remove the stifle stacks you have before using the skill, these stacks can't be removed from the player buff bar UI nor via CancelPlayerBuff(x), and in some situations, you have no target to hit to remove the stacks so you have to wait until Stifle buff wears off otherwise you sacrifice a big portion of your burst dmg.

Regarding Druid/Warrior

This class is nearly dead because it cannot keep up with any viable DPS class.

While the single target burst is not the worst, it is lacking in sustain single target and aoe (both burst and sustain).

Can you change "Heart of the Wild" (499953) to increase all Axes' dmg not only 2h axe. A faster wep + %PVE dmg from new dps shield will give a needed boost to this combo.

Regarding DPS Ch/P

Single target sustain and burst on this combo is not the best because all skills trigger gcd on it. I suggest removing gcd from "Holy Attack" (498723)

and maybe increase the damage from "Way of Frenzy" (498720) slightly.

Yep I totally agree with you in the outcome there for w/ch and w/d, and I would be fine with either one of the suggestions.

My point about wasting 1 gcd tradeoff being a no brainer too is true in pretty much all relatively higher inis like a DC b4 burst or Nom hm bosses… and in those situations is where bleed makes most difference anyway imho.