Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• Regarding Rogue/Scout:

we tested the class in rofl and we have following suggestions:

Blood Arrow seems to be still 186% p-dmg increase. Maybe have a look into it, if only description is changed but not the mechanic. If it is correct, I have following suggestions.

Change Substitute (ID: 499501) to have trigger chance for Shot of 50% and let it deal 400% Shot and not 596%.

Furthermore change "Wraith Attack" (ID: 493258) to 500% and give it a 8% damage decrement for each extra target (right now it has no decrement)

Change "Fast Draw" to reduce damage to 500% for each hit. Also Change Precision to 50 Focus cost and let Fast Draw recover 5 Focus for each hit.

thanks for your attention <3

• Regarding Priest/Druid

Can you please change the color of "Healing Void" (ID: 1490464) ? It is hard to see for example circles at Boss 2 rofl.

Maybe you can change it to white? Or only colors at the edge of the circle?

Thanks for your attention

• I can aggre with Shilards opinion!

The class is Overpowered at the moment!

Wanna get better ? Just play leather ツ

• I would like to see deactivate r/s till next patch.

Shilard did some good suggestions in my eyes

• https://gyazo.com/99ebb2969a6776590a6364bda9625be2 Full Rofl Run

The r/s is to Strong at the aoe dmg & burst

Balton :

https://gyazo.com/2d8be7cb058d27e9633091cf5de5932b

Astaroth :

https://gyazo.com/ef3756f6e0d4f51cc8f5b0c81fd2208f

Full ini Skills :

https://gyazo.com/85f28dfa0ce59ebca95e5f2334d09e70

Nerf the skill Wraith Attack a little bit too because your Aoe Dmg is also strong! (Decrement)

PS : But don't nerf the class to hard because it is a very fun style to play!

Greetings!

Wanna get better ? Just play leather ツ

Edited 2 times, last by Sean ().

• Seems pretty balanced to me &)

• Druid/Rogue

Changed Speed Catalysis to Sinister Request; Immediately recovers maximum MP, rage, focus, energy, Psi and Nature’s Power for party members within 80 radius.

I honestly don't understand why would a dps (not a heal or a support) need a skill like this when isn't even helping itself. Im speechless sorry.

• W/K

I just tested the Warrior/Knight today in ROFL and got some suggestions for this. Overall it's a pretty fine tank (with a bit too much hp and too less def, but you can compensate this).

• Lv 15 Elite (Throw Shield) : Increase its aggro multiplier to 650% from 500%. At some point you want to rely on that skill but with only 500% it's not as useful as it could be. Not that important, but might feel better then in some situations.
    • Lv 35 Elite (Heroic Surprise Attack) : Add a 500% aggro multiplier to Surprise Attack and the class is fine. Everything this class needs is another AoE with aggro multi imo. Whirlwind has only a 50 range, which isn't much and you can't entirely rely on your non-aggro AoE's on bigger pulls.
    • Lv 50 Elite (Blocking Stance) : Remove the additional rage (it's useless imo) and let it buff +10% def permanently instead. This should fix the missing defense this combo has.

However, I really liked playing this class, particularly the Throw Shield is a funny mechanic and useful for pulls and range aggro. With a few adaptions W/K can become great again :love:

• Heyho,

after testing some more i wanted to share my opinion on the mage/warrior:

Ofc you have WAY lower matk and higher mdmg now that wisdom and bravery is changed.

What i can say is - matk got more viable for this class. If you use matk increasing buffs the dmg changes by some % instead of before (because you already had enough)

The normal trash aoe damage is about 10-20% lower and the additional nerfs of aoes are noticeable.(static field without any buffs does less but with berserk more)

The burst aoe has suffered too it is lower than before.

But now with matk buffs like berserk or wl matk buff you deal more/same damage.

The single target burst at organs increased by around 10% and on burst bosses by around 20-25%. (from 21kk to 24/25kk)

The changes were the right decision to push this class into the right direction and im happy to see some changes in that way^^ ofc for other mages too like the wise and catalysis.

I couldn't test it with the strongest dps classes for comparison but i will in the future.

I still think other mages need some changes too - to get them out of there unused position^^ like /k or /d (never seen)

I want to test them in the near future to give more feedback about them^^

Greetings

• Hi there.

I really like the K/WL but the class is lacking when it comes to meaningful combos. This is mainly due to the high focus cost of it's non-gcd skills and how brutally useless Strike of Punishment is. The changes I would like to propose are the following: Strike of Punishment should restore focus and be useable without a gcd. This would fix both issues. It wouldn't be too strong either as it's own cooldown of 7 seconds prevents spamming and it's damage is quite small.

Just to clarify: I am speaking about the hit with the ID 1490840 and not 1490839. Punishment itself is fine!

• Hi there.

I really like the K/WL but the class is lacking when it comes to meaningful combos. This is mainly due to the high focus cost of it's non-gcd skills and how brutally useless Strike of Punishment is. The changes I would like to propose are the following: Strike of Punishment should restore focus and be useable without a gcd. This would fix both issues. It wouldn't be too strong either as it's own cooldown of 7 seconds prevents spamming and it's damage is quite small.

Just to clarify: I am speaking about the hit with the ID 1490840 and not 1490839. Punishment itself is fine!

Agreed, K/Wl is quite lacking atm. I suggest 50 focus restoration, like Warlock's Heart Collection Strike. Moreover, I'm still in favor of changing it's damage calculation to the usual % mainhand weapon dps (and reducing the numbers accordingly).

I doubt this alone will make the class viable again, but definitely would be a nice change.

• I think GCD and focus would be enough for now. Perhaps it coud give some less focus but the cooldown would also be lower, then the damage would also be fine as it is. Don't want the class overbuffed, otherwise it may turn out to be the next R/Sc xD

• Agreed, K/Wl is quite lacking atm. I suggest 50 focus restoration, like Warlock's Heart Collection Strike. Moreover, I'm still in favor of changing it's damage calculation to the usual % mainhand weapon dps (and reducing the numbers accordingly).

I doubt this alone will make the class viable again, but definitely would be a nice change.

I think GCD and focus would be enough for now. Perhaps it coud give some less focus but the cooldown would also be lower, then the damage would also be fine as it is. Don't wanna overbuff the class, otherwise it may turn out to be the next R/Sc xD

K/Wl is currently the worst chain class, well, maybe with the exception of D/W (although Druid at least has a battlerezz & other meaningful support). Imho there is no reason at all to play it. If you want a tanky offtank-dps hybrid, K/Wd does the job much better. So I don't see this change being sufficient or the class being at risk of becoming op.

K/Wl has the worst sustained dps I've seen so far from across all classes and not enough burst to make up for it. Borderline useless in my experience, while no cds are up.

• I really like the change of Warrior/Knight and will test this later in our runs. Have you already thought about my suggestions regarding Knight/Scout? At least 2 of them are important and should be added to make the class useful imo, which are these:

(...)
    Skill Name
    Elite Level
    Suggestion
    Sacred Resistance 40 Add aggro multiplier of 250% (then we could actually "use" a ranged weapon in combination with blood arrow, instead of just having one to use some specific spells) and remove the def buff from it. The Buff is more or less useless in my eyes, because I had no control at all over it, since it has an invisible 30s downtime after 20s duration, which is bad. Also some bosses go immune at some point, so you can't even hit them with the skill to apply the buff.
    Disregard Danger 50 This is perfect if you want to get rid of a specific player. Since you don't have an offtank with you, like noone can stand the 84% shared hit, so this skill is useless in my eyes. Also it's very difficult to manage the timing of this. So maybe change this into a self-buff of 20% def with a duration and cooldown of 10 seconds. The focus cost of 20 can be kept.

(...)

I have to correct my thoughts of "Disregard Danger" after I tested this again and discussed with mates - the hit isn't deadly for the target, but it's still nearly impossible to manage the timing if you get hit by multiple targets at the same time. So you could just replace it with some kind of self-buff as suggested above.

• I really like the change of Warrior/Knight and will test this later in our runs. Have you already thought about my suggestions regarding Knight/Scout? At least 2 of them are important and should be added to make the class useful imo, which are these:

(...)
    Skill Name
    Elite Level
    Suggestion
    Sacred Resistance 40 Add aggro multiplier of 250% (then we could actually "use" a ranged weapon in combination with blood arrow, instead of just having one to use some specific spells) and remove the def buff from it. The Buff is more or less useless in my eyes, because I had no control at all over it, since it has an invisible 30s downtime after 20s duration, which is bad. Also some bosses go immune at some point, so you can't even hit them with the skill to apply the buff.
    Disregard Danger 50 This is perfect if you want to get rid of a specific player. Since you don't have an offtank with you, like noone can stand the 84% shared hit, so this skill is useless in my eyes. Also it's very difficult to manage the timing of this. So maybe change this into a self-buff of 20% def with a duration and cooldown of 10 seconds. The focus cost of 20 can be kept.

(...)

I have to correct my thoughts of "Disregard Danger" after I tested this again and discussed with mates - the hit isn't deadly for the target, but it's still nearly impossible to manage the timing if you get hit by multiple targets at the same time. So you could just replace it with some kind of self-buff as suggested above.

Maybe some idea could be to add aggromulti to shot and make it non-GCD?
    So with this keeping aggo at one target would be much pleasant and also at least it will be usefull :D

• I have to correct my thoughts of "Disregard Danger" after I tested this again and discussed with mates - the hit isn't deadly for the target, but it's still nearly impossible to manage the timing if you get hit by multiple targets at the same time. So you could just replace it with some kind of self-buff as suggested above.

I believe you misunderstood how the skill works in general.

I dont know what you did, but if you had tested it properly you would have noticed that this skill works similar to Chain of Life - the hit your target recieves is reduced and transferred to yourself, not the other way around. So in no way can it be used to kill anyone, but safe them from a rather high hit.

So there also is no "timing if you get hit by multiple targets" required. Just use that skill on any party member when you anticipate them to get hit by anything they will likely not survive otherwise. 10 seconds bufftime are more than enough for that, healers have dmg reducing skills that last only 5 or even 3 seconds and they are well manageable, too.

I also dont think any changes to Shot are necessary, as lv40 elite "Holy Resistance(?)" is fine for gaining aggro on range, one could add a higher aggromulti here, but I also dont think this is necessary. And you cant do much anyway while spamming a non-gcd Shot.

...and please dont add any spammable non-gcd skills to Knights, I dont want that class to devolve into being played with combat engines only, too. =O

I do have several ideas for tanks and heals and how to improve/balance them, but I believe it is more important to first focus on balancing dps classes, so I will not share them until there is an end in sight for dps balancing.

Cheers!:thumbup:

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.