Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• The skill Shetamb's Think Tank (ID 850148) sometimes is not active anymore although the skill is equiped (e.g. after you died). You have to switch it with another setskill or un- and reequip an item in order for it to work again.

Edit: It only happens after you died

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• I like the changes to priest/warrior but i feel like it will still fall behind other classes gear wise. If it uses the 104 healing gear and stats for damage, It'll miss out on a lot of needed attack power to keep up while still being mediocre at healing. If it uses the battle cloth set (level 100 is the highest) it loses out by using under level gear and that it doesn't have any set bonuses. So in the end no matter what you currently do, stat-wise you'll be subpar.

I believe Battle Monk Stance or Power Build-Up (due to its convert mana to fighting spirit) should have the ability to convert wisdom to strength (like the champion's Disassembly Mode) to make up for the difference in attack power to be equal to other classes. I get that it is supposed to be sort of a mixed class, but if you don't have the ability to be versatile with going in either direction of healing or damage when you turn Battle Monk Stance off then you wont really be helpful aside from the fact you can heal yourself but not really heal others and do less dps than other classes.

The skill adjustments were great but it still needs to be "modernized" through new 104 mem gear ( with set bonuses?) or a wisdom to strength/ patt power skill adjustment.

Just suggestions because I'd really like to see further play of the class. I'm not sure if others were looking into trying it and saw more downside than upside of it. But id love to hear the opinions of others who looked at it with different perspectives.

Still all in all you guys are doing a great job with the balancing, a lot of the people complaining about nerfs are people who jumped the gun the day after the patch and bought new equipment when it would be common sense there would be kinks that still needed to be worked out for classes.

• If it uses the 104 healing gear and stats for damage, It'll miss out on a lot of needed attack power to keep up while still being mediocre at healing. If it uses the battle cloth set (level 100 is the highest) it loses out by using under level gear and that it doesn't have any set bonuses.

You can use chain gear with this combination, so if you want to heal, use healers gear and if you want to dps then use chain gear. If you want to do both at the same time with the same gear, you will have to deal with the fact that you wont be as effective as when focusing on just one of those.

Converting wisdom into strength would not help that much, because you still do not convert all other values that depend on what gear you use, wisdom on chain gear makes a weak healer while not converting and converting wisdom from healers gear gives you more patk, but no crit and pdmg.

Also being able to play two entirely different roles with one gear just by using one skill is a very strong feature, just as champs can swap from full dps to full tank in an instant if the need arises, however switching like that between dps and heal I would consider even more powerful.

So being able to do just that should at least require to build a second gear in this case, not just using a single skill.

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• If it uses the 104 healing gear and stats for damage, It'll miss out on a lot of needed attack power to keep up while still being mediocre at healing. If it uses the battle cloth set (level 100 is the highest) it loses out by using under level gear and that it doesn't have any set bonuses.

You can use chain gear with this combination, so if you want to heal, use healers gear and if you want to dps then use chain gear. If you want to do both at the same time with the same gear, you will have to deal with the fact that you wont be as effective as when focusing on just one of those.

Converting wisdom into strength would not help that much, because you still do not convert all other values that depend on what gear you use, wisdom on chain gear makes a weak healer while not converting and converting wisdom from healers gear gives you more patk, but no crit and pdmg.

Also being able to play two entirely different roles with one gear just by using one skill is a very strong feature, just as champs can swap from full dps to full tank in an instant if the need arises, however switching like that between dps and heal I would consider even more powerful.

So being able to do just that should at least require to build a second gear in this case, not just using a single skill.

Thanks for the response, I was unaware you could use chain gear with this combo, so ill retract my statement. I was told they weren't able to and I didn't see a passive allowing for it so I took them for their word.

• Official Post

Mentioned class can wear leather and chain equipment in our server via level 70 elite skill passive. However, we have further plans for this class combo.

Greetings

• Thx for the fast patch. Now you need lute, warlock/mage, elven agility flask and arrow of essence to be at cap for example.

Anyway that will push the xbow way far away from bow. I wish scouts can choose, whether they keep bow or can trade for xbow at same tier, if this is now fix with the attack speed. In my opinion the bow is ~20% worse than xbow at same tier and that hurts a lot for high tiered weapons

• why do you make a top bundle (rogue / warlock) that damages at the level of other top bundles and then cut it? Now this bunch is useless for me, because it began to beat very little (compared to other bundles). You severely cut the damage from the Dark Soul Melt. if you did this, then at least roll back the skills Phantom Strike and Shot of the Soul up to 2.5 sec. or up to 3 sec. besides, could cut the damage from the Dark Soul Melt not by 50% but by 25 or 30.

• Personally, I don't know how I feel about this:

• Increased Warrior/Mage Electrical Rage effect amount per stack to 20.6% and changed magical attack power increment to magical damage.

Warrior/Mage has always been a class that needs high magical attack, taking away it's magical attack and exchanging it for magical damage will only reduce it's viability in higher inis and increase it's viability in lower ones.

In HoS for example, warrior/mage would probably be one of if not the top dps, but take it to gorge and up and it might be one of the lowest ones.

Please, consider keeping the effect amount per stack the same but changing it back to magical attack power.

edit1:

Rogue/Champion bug report: Disassembly shadow returns 30 rage per 2 seconds, not 15

Life is an enigma, and all we can do is our best to figure out what it means.

Edited once, last by Amzi ().

• Warrior/Mage has always been a class that needs high magical attack, taking away it's magical attack and exchanging it for magical damage will only reduce it's viability in higher inis and increase it's viability in lower ones.

In HoS for example, warrior/mage would probably be one of if not the top dps, but take it to gorge and up and it might be one of the lowest ones.

Please, consider keeping the effect amount per stack the same but changing it back to magical attack power.

I have not tested it yet, but I will later today, but I don't totaly agree with that. The Warmage still has a decent amount of maggical attack (I have fullbuffed with w/m about 1,3kk to 1,5kk magical attack) and with recent changes to Mage classes you see many different class combinations that can reduce the magical defense of tho bosses (Mage/Warlock, /rouge, /druid) or buff your magical attack further (/priest) not to mention all the other class combinations that either buff your attack or reduce the defence even further.

As mentioned above I will test this later today but overall I think this class can deal decent damage in all instances.

Edit:
    I don't know what to think of blasting cyclone. The damage this skill deals is really low and know that it doesn't have the "knock-down" effect I think it's not that usefull. (Again, only tested on puppets and Balton clone)

Edited once, last by Laisha ().

• I would suggest that the bow will become the same attack speed like the xbow, because most people already have built a bow.

Edit: while increasing bow damage for sure, otherwise it would be a hard nerf for all bow user atm :D

• Hi i don't know if someone metioned it already but i'd like to say that after today's patch warden/druid got changed for a magical class as it was before and i think that it shouldn't be this way cause wd/d had a chance to be new interesting physical class with chain equipment and now if you don't have mage gear, again you have to stick with wd/w or wd/s cause wd/d won't be good with your chain equipment. Please change wd/d to the way it was before todays patch so that people that have warden and chain gear can enjoy new combination.

• Hi i don't know if someone metioned it already but i'd like to say that after today's patch warden/druid got changed for a magical class as it was before and i think that it shouldn't be this way cause wd/d had a chance to be new interesting physical class with chain equipment and now if you don't have mage gear, again you have to stick with wd/w or wd/s cause wd/d won't be good with your chain equipment. Please change wd/d to the way it was before todays patch so that people that have warden and chain gear can enjoy new combination.

It was a magical class since first day of game, elite with white hit was magical. What people experienced the last few days using physical gear with this class was a bug when developers tried to increase the magical side, which is the intention of this class since game got their elites.

• "Changed Warrior/Mage passive Power Control to modify Blasting Cyclone to inflict Wind Damage but removes Knockdown effect from it. Also changes cost type of Whirlwind to 5% MP, Blasting Cyclone to 8% MP and reduces their cooldown to 10 and 4 seconds."

Why did you change the only Knockdown effect from it for a warrior \ mage? This was the only skill that could be used with a normal rollback. This change is absolutely not necessary, there are other classes that apply AoE damag.

• i don´t know but i thing rogue/champion should be able to wear chain aswell... no leather dps got a 2h hammer and it seems kinda nice to play this class now

I agree.

Maybe it could be considered swapping rogue/wardens can-wear-chain passive with one of rogue/champ ? Wearing chain on the latter doesn't makes much sense, /champ on the other hand already uses a 2 handed hammer and thus would be a optimal target for it.

I support the idea as well, since 2h hammer is allowed then it does make sense to allow chain as well since that's the weapon champs are using. Similarly to comment above, skill similar to r/wd that allows to use chain would make a lot more sense for this class, please consider adding it.

Thanks!

• So I tested the Warrior/Mage today in Rofl (with Mage/Warlock and Warlock/Mage as support as well as Druid as Heal).

Overall I like the changes since the damage you deal now is higher than it was before.

The only thing I really don't like nor understand are the "Blasting cyclone" and "Whirlewind". Both deal no damage and now that the Cyclone hasn't any croud control both skills are (imo) useless right now. So maybe give the skills their cc back or at least buff the damage they deal.

• Big thanks for changes regarding to rogue classes. Now i would like to share with you with my observations about r/ch, r/wrl, r/m and s/wd classes (before vs now).

r/wrl - still the best single target dps from all rogues, lack of aoe (which is good... but about that later). But still i think thats a little too OP dps class (especially for burst phases). Maybe change of "Soul Agility" skill could be helpful.

r/ch - im surprised about new changes. Now:

- it deals good single target dmg (ofc not as good as r/wrl),

- it deals good aoe dmg (4 sec cd + 8 sec cd bombs - great change)

- it helps with buffs for other party members (with +10% patt buff, 19% reduced pdeff/mdeff on target and 10% more dmg on targets)

One thing wasnt neccesary added (i think) - thats a requirement of using 2H hammer.

As it was before, 2H hammer was a weapon mainly for champions. In normal situations rogues are using 1h weapons (i have never seen rogues classes with 2h weapons in other games). So i think the better idea would be requirement wearing 1H hammer to use "Burying Mechanism" skill. It would be more in a "rogue style" :D

Something about r/m - well, now that class combo is loosing to r/wrl in terms of single target and is lossing to r/ch in terms of aoe. Ability to use silence skill is good... but i think not worth to compare with r/wrl and r/ch.

About r/s i wont say to much bcuz i didnt test it on instances. R/wd -> still good option to soloing some things, but in terms of dps - not even close to classes listed above (maybe with chain eq is better? i dont know that, im user of leather eq).

Now scout/warden:

Well, i heard that some things has changed about that which weapon (bow or xbow) is worth to use. Im using bow, so everything what i will write here is from point of bow user:

- overall dmg in instances is really good,

- very good trash cleaner (nearly as good as a champ or wd / w),

- single target dmg isnt also terrible.

As i said in the introduction: here are MY observations from a gameplay (guild runs on inferno/gorge/rofl).

• One thing wasnt neccesary added (i think) - thats a requirement of using 2H hammer.

As it was before, 2H hammer was a weapon mainly for champions. In normal situations rogues are using 1h weapons (i have never seen rogues classes with 2h weapons in other games). So i think the better idea would be requirement wearing 1H hammer to use "Burying Mechanism" skill. It would be more in a "rogue style" :D

I realy like the idea. My suggestion would be to change the requirement to hammer in general. So everyone can choose what he/she preferes. :)

• Hello,

i have a suggestion for the knight/mage.

The holy light domain (ID 491628) should lasts longer than 6 seconds as selfbuff. maybe 15 or 20 seconds?

I support this idea.

From the perspective of DPS the K/M lacks magical attack. Maybe add a moderate amount to "Light Energy Weapon"?

Another option is to make the class combination eligible to wear staffs while adjusting outgoing light damage.

• I do not understand why classes such as R / W, R / CHAMP are being upgraded, but for the R / M class they only reduce the damage from the throw. R / M has the useless ability “quick shadow” (ID 497206). Instead of this skill can be done on attack power

• Regarding the Mage, The change you have made are really awesome and open up a lot of possibility to use other class combination more interesting then before and that's refreshing!

From what I've seen so far, you've worked hard on making some of the old Useless skill, making more sense and having a purpose in a good skill rotation.

However the only one skill that seems to be useless right now is the only Mage dot Electric Bolt making 10x less damage then all the other attacks (which is perfect for a dot) but the dot itself make so small of a damage that I don't remember ever using that skill in the past 12 years I've played this game.

Again Mage are very powerfull right now and that's a good thing, and I don't say it need more power but making this skill "Electric Bolt" more relevent would be great as well.

Either making it's DOT way more powerfull or making it part of a combo with another electric skill like for example electric compression or static field could be a way to make it become stronger and help making the electric skill be more relevent as well.

Another solution would be that this DOT become instant while removing the damage on impact to 0 and doing the damage of at least 1 flame but over time using that same 12 second or more. An extra cooldown could be used to avoid this being too powerfull if needed. This way it can be weaved with other attack and generate extra damage for longer bosses and make this useless skill more interesting to use and fun to incorporate into a proper rotation.

Again just a suggestion, hope this feedback does help.

Thanks!

• Hi, for me I like the idea to wear Chain on r/ch, I think you will not deal the same dmg like a player with leather gear who has dex too, but I think it will be fine with the new changes on r/ch. And now I want to talk about Warden 😉 I love that class but depence on other classes, his Single target dmg is a little bit to weak. I Liked to see Warden/Druid with pdd gear. But now he got patched and deals normal Warden/pdd dmg. I would share Warden need a little bit buffed too. Btw Ciron got Aggro reduce, Oak Walker need that too.
    Gratz Blaxx

• Hi, for me I like the idea to wear Chain on r/ch, I think you will not deal the same dmg like a player with leather gear who has dex too, but I think it will be fine with the new changes on r/ch. And now I want to talk about Warden 😉 I love that class but depence on other classes, his Single target dmg is a little bit to weak. I Liked to see Warden/Druid with pdd gear. But now he got patched and deals normal Warden/pdd dmg. I would share Warden need a little bit buffed too. Btw Ciron got Aggro reduce, Oak Walker need that too.
    Gratz Blaxx

Hi,

@warden: definitly not. Warden/Warrior is totally strong, got double aoe damage and more pdmg/attack. Warden/Druid in pdd gear is still totally strong. Yes, beast awakening reduces your damage and attack by 20% ? but therefore you get a cast multiplier on your skills by 3? O.o Maybe the /rogue is weak, but i don't know/never played this class

The chain class, which is lacking of all the pushes other classes got, is the warrior in my opinion. But maybe some main warriors could post their experiences

• I suggest you read my post again, I don’t talk about Aoe or buffs I just talk about pure single target dmg against to other classes 😉 Maybe I do something wrong, but when I have all buffs on cd for example the single target dmg do nothing against the dmg from Rouges or Champions.