Posts by Shino

farming gold as a party sounds cool honestly. Like Cosmo said, it would be cool to see something else than 98 as gold income. But id consider instead of making current nostalgic dungeons even harder, maybe take other dungeons for it (as example dod, which is also notorious for being a farming dungeon in the past, or maybe even do a vote to pick a "fan-favourite" dungeon, we have alot of cool dungeons which are useless! as example i like RT or Origin alot) and base those on current endcontent again. Dont forget, new players who dont wanna farm only gold, sell it and buy everything also gotta get the artefacts sooner or later.

But one thing which is maybe important to consider is the rng stats. If the content gets based around players with multiple max rolls, it might happen that those get to be "must have" for endcontent which can backfire really hard. Since we're already at this subject, maybe consider nerfing those. Would make scaling and balancing easier and wont scare of new players (or at least less). No new player wants to hear "oh i spend 100k dias to get perma 24%+ p-dmg. Also, youll need that too"

From a tanks pov, i also see chainclasses struggel, especially Warrior. It doesnt have much utility/support that would make up for the lacking damage (i like cyclone as example), and is just getting nerfed over and over again. Of course, the group plays a big role on the class damage numbers from everyone, but if we talk about >fast endcontent runs<, its hard for me to believe that chainclasses need nerfs.

Hey,

so after spending up to 5 days building a small house, i got quiet the idea of the new system, especially with the new big areas. So i wanted to give out my opinion and maybe suggestions to make the new housing system even more attractive to players.

- Open Zones:

Im pretty sure everyone who bought one of those 3 zones was expecting a generated zone. At least i did, and was pretty dissappointed when i realised i only got my little sandbox. Over time it didnt bother me too much anymore since i realised its way more flexible that way. But for my part (i picked the green elven one) i think its sad and wasted work that the whole "cool" outside part is blocked by a fat wall and you cant see it without moving out. Maybe consider re-doing that, so i can atleast enjoy the view.

- Npcs:

Problem: Other than purely visual, npcs dont have any purpose. but why not implement npcs with a purpose aswell?

Suggestions: Make the Main Housemaid moveable, so you can move her wherever you want, instead of building your whole house/zone around the point of your housemaid. Also, maybe add npcs that fullfill some jobs like Auctioneer, mail, bank etc. (Supports the thought of making your own city/village), or give each of your normal housemaids some kind of extra job.

- Building menu

Problem: The Resizing is a nice feature, but the way you change the size is in way too big steps (i tried lowest ingame sensetivity and lowest dpi). if you wanna move just as example 10 pixels, itd just jump for 100 pixels. Also, if you want to make a custom house, youd have to put floor, walls, roof all on your own together, which might make things not 100% propotional.

Suggestion: Make extra textbars where you can enter the size of the item (as example BaseSize = 100, then you change that to a set number from 30 to 200 or whatever the min/max size is). This way, you wouldnt have to struggle with uneven sizes of the same furniture. And for moving things together, consider some kind of "grid" function or "sticking" function. Would be nice, but i think i speak for everyone who tried to make precise size changes, the resizing is way more important.

- Furnitures:

Problem: It offers quiet alot, but for the size we have now to place furniture, we dont have so much stuff honestly. The only cosistant theme for full-finished houses are basically only stone-themed houses.

Solution: I dont know how hard it would be, but maybe adding houses from zones like logar, varanas or other city/villages would increase the variety of stuff we'd see in player's houses. Also, some decoration like trees/flowers or other really small parts could maybe be redone as bigger item, so i wouldnt have to spend 150 slots to have a nice grassy Forest. Another cool feature would be maybe implementing proper day/night time (day being normal bright and night being actually dark on screen aswell) and playing with dynamic light on light objects like lamps. Unsure about the difficulty of that aswell.

- House Energy:

Problem: Usually, main reason for more space was more chests/storage places or for crafting furniture for better bonuses. Later on, if you had enough dias, you maybe started decorating it aswell, but it wouldve costed more. Now that we have the space of literally varanas, the costs can jump up to extremes (*ahem* zyrex *ahem*) and maybe demotivate someone, since theyre not at the game status of being able to spend weekly dias for their house (not to mention some furnitures are redicioulus expensive).

Solution: Re-consider the prices of energy, either to buy or spend daily, so its more attractive to players, who dont earn 20k per week through selling endcontent stuff.

- Presets:

Problem: If you spend as example 1-2 weeks on a whole zone, you most likely wont change that, since the effort was way too much.

Solution: Create maybe up to 3 presets you can save, so you can try out new styles without completly destroying the other ones. This would maybe also increase the player's motivation of making holiday-based themes (winter, eastern or halloween just to mention a few)

In the end, i believe the housing system is such a cool, nice and unique feature. It turned from your own small 4 walls to your own (possible) zone. It also has alot of potential! Not to mention more furnitures, but first thing that comes to my mind could be a regular server event where players can showcase their house and win unique prices (as example skins, exclusive furniture etc) via votings from the playerbase. Or it could also inspire you guys from the devteam for your next zone/dungeon.

It wasnt directly targeting you, but more likely on the general. I feel like many people (not everyone!!) only compare the overall scrut and are mad about a singletarget class not being #1 which will not happen on a fair battle in RoFL, continue to go to the forum and ask for buffs on their trashspells. I think there are many hidden raidcombos which can make rofl runs insanely fast. Maybe a good balance of aoe + singletarget + dps/support ? Idk. But in a game like runes, with how many classes, 90?, some classes will always perform better than others in certain sitations. this doesnt mean those classes suck and should get buffed, but rather that theyre not played well or the party combo isnt good for this class. A AOE class will perform better in a party with 2 other aoe classes than in a party with other 8 classes. This run the class performs low, the next run it performs better. Its always depending on other party classes, and the tank. Different tank players/classes have different ways of tanking.

About S/CH

S/Ch is pretty good for burst (Balton) and ... that all

AOE skills really weak, overall in rofl beat him all classes, sometimes twice with weapon 2 tiers lower

Will be nice to see some idea for this class, stronger Aoe skills or maybe some buff skils for raid to be more playable

According to this post, every class should have good aoe, without any exceptions but thats not the fault of the classes but instead of the dungeon. After every class gets an aoe buff, all single target classes will get their single target nerfed, because its op if the class is op in single and aoe. After that we only have aoe classes and bosses will take ages cuse there is no good single target class. Different classes have different meanings in a run. Rogues shouldnt be strong in trash, but instead be insane at single target burst/offburst. Personally, i would prefer 1-2 single target classes + 6-8 aoe instead of only aoe so bosses go faster. S/Ch is probl better in phase bursts than other classes aswell.

Just because a class isnt #1 in scrut at the end of the overall scrut, it doesnt mean its bad, as long as its doing its job at dealing dmg in trash/at boss/supporting/healing. In the end, its all about how fast the run was.

so you mean using m/s pet makes no sense? because my cenedril is always doing similar damage either as mdps or pdps. (approx. 400-600kk in a 70 min run)

The scaling of Belrog is from your physical stats. Magical stats are worthless for the pets, since they dont have any magical casts (afaik)

=== Changelog 1.3 ===

had a mistake that hes targeting the player, even when you use skills from the "skill" tree.

updated file is at the beginning of this thread reuploaded.

=== Changelog 1.2 ===

Some people had problems with resurrecting people that you had to target them first. Problem might be the function "CastSpellByName" combined with the resurrection spell because it needs a target which CastSpellByName doesnt provide. added a if else statement to check the players HP. if its 0, it will target the player and revive him.

updated file is at the beginning of this thread reuploaded.

I'm aware that Ch/M is still a strong and competitive choice for Champion dps and Ch/Wl doesn't need to be buffed on the level of other top dps classes.

However, I think a buff would be reasonable and much appreciated.

I think its quiet sad that you only see ch/m as only champ dps class. I think only buffing /wl isnt enough, but instead buff /warrior, /scout and /rogue aswell, so champion can exist in the game as fully dps class again. But PLEASE plan ahead what youre aiming for on each classcombo. One class more aoe focused, while the other one might be more singletarget focused.

Its sad to see that the main reason why a champ is in the party is the /druid for its support (dont know about /knight as tank). Would love to see more champ dps instead of just a single one for a whole class.

or maybe nerf it step by step :D and of course give some love in terms of nerfing dmg of top mage combos :D

Yes dear dev team, PLEASE NERF IT SLOWLY, dont be like "yea mage is strong, -25% dmg" instead just go -2% and see, -5% and see etc. You should handle it for everything like that imo. either buff or nerf slowly

I just experienced great dissbalance between mdps(mages) and pdps(rogue) in rofl. (T13 gear XIII runes t16/t14 weapon) experienced rogue could not even compete with lower geared mage classes (m/d, m/ch, m/s) and those differences were at the level of i think abou at least 4 - 5 tiers in eq.

Maybe consider lowering mages another % value like it was done few pathes ago with all classes?

What did you compare tho? The whole-instance dmg? if yes, mdps will always win. RoFL is super AoE based, not single target. Mages > Rogue when it comes to AoEs. Yes, rogues have some aoes aswell, but mages are better in aoes than rogue. If you compare bossdmg only, Rogue might be better tho. Not 100% sure but incase you want to compare stuff: always take both advantages of the class, and not the advantage of one class and compare it with the downgrade of the other class.In that case, dont compare mage aoe with rogue aoe, but instead with singletarget dmg/burst. That way, you combine of both classes strength

P.S.: i didnt do any tests, this is just my thought

Hey,

while writing some luas i encounterd a problem

You can use the function "UseSkill(a,b)" to cast a spell from the Skillbook. But you dont have ANY function to cast Setskills from the (equipped) menu. Something like

"UseSetSkill(class in id, number)

Incase its a good idea, here are some infos that could help

-- return values --

GetSuitSkill_List(class, skillID) returns name, texture path and index(no clue whats that)

-- count setskills --

Since the Skillbook counts the spells on each page via GetNumSkill(i) i made a counting func for setskills aswell

Code
    function countSetskills(number)
        local i = 0
        if GetSuitSkill_List(number, 0) ~= nil then
            repeat
                i = i + 1
            until GetSuitSkill_List(number, i) == nil
        end
        return i
    end

number is the class number (warrior 1, scout 2, rogue 3 ...; can be returned by GetClassInfoByID(number))

other spells like GetSkillCooldown(a,b) would need an addition/new cd func aswell, this this is based off the skillbook aswell (a = skilltab (general, primary ...), b = skill1, skill2 ...)

Im sure im not the only one who would like to see an function like this since there are a lot of macro-coders which could benefit from that function aswell

cheers!:*

edit:

afaik, people are currently using the function "UseAction()" and input their ActionBar ID of the setskill. There MIGHT be another way to cast Setskills but i dont know them yet. Kitty is using the function "CastSpellByName"

If youre really in need of an answer you could just do the math:

Please be carefull that you dont have any passive dex- or str %-increasing buffs!!! (easiest solution is just go on rogue without sec class)

I have without gear 16.023 patk. Adding a weapon without any stats but a rune which gives me 150str. Now I have 16.203 patk. Now we take this new value and reduce it by our base value

16.203 - 16.023 = 180.

You get 180 patk from 150 str. Simply divide 180 by 150 and you get your scaling

180 / 150 = 1,2

You get 1,2 patk from 1 str. Same with dex

same unbuffed patk and im using a 66dex rune this time. I have 16.109 patk

16.109 - 16.023 = 86

86 / 66 = 1,303~ (rounded 1,3)

=========================================

str scaling = 1,2

dex scaling = 1,3

these are values for rogue/- . If you use other classes like scout, you get +10.4% more dex. Warrior is +10.4% str.

P.S.: yes i got too lazy to change colors in the middle of the text

I do not understand being that the dex provides more attack to the rogue or scout in theory going with 6 dex should be stronger compared to 4 dex: 2 str or 3 dex: 3str, I can not understand how a dex character scales better than with force that with its main attribute is something ridiculous or simply its programmers are incapable

Rogues get less patk from 1 dex compared to str, but 90% of the spells have an additional small dex scaling. And tbh i dont see the problem with 3:3 statting, you can take the 3 highest stats which is an insane advantage over other classes. Imagine mages with 2x int int rofl/gorge/inferno :O

This change was asked in this thread a lot of months ago. A DEV answered, that they don't change attribute scaling for leather (remove str, increase dex). Only after this answer I began to make my gear. As Cruvor said, for healers it was at the beginning of balance (first patch?) and nearly 1 year ago. I am strictly against such change after 1 year that the balance process started, because such a change would make leather classes dead for sure. Increasing scaling of str + dex in same relation or decreasing in same relation wouldn't result in a new gear and would be a better solution, IF such attribute scaling is in planning.

Greetings

I never said i would support that change, i just said "why" they COULD do that. But i didnt know about the fact that people asked for it and it got declined. Its a good thing tho, now people dont need to be worried about losing all stats in a few weeks. Thanks for the info

It's a pity that now it is too late for such a change, since people have eq in 3/3 or 4/2 stats.

It was the same with the healer with the difference that healer didnt have 3 useless stats but 6 and they had to get all 6 new. If you would want to get 3 other dex stats:
    1. the 3 others would be cheap af (dex dex tikal/hos and stamdex rofl)

2. they could add another buff which transfers 50% str into dex

yes, you lose all the tiering costs, but like i said, healers had to go through that struggle aswell with even more problems

Would someone be so kind and explain me the exact reasons why classes are stronger as others? Why is everyone saying nerf MDD and everyone crying about leather classes, even tho a few rogue classes got a pretty good buff with the energy recharge? I only know my Knight combos, so i would love to know which class is the strongest atm based off ROFL runs and why other classes cant compete with others etc

either pm or ingame, thank you very much!