Posts by Persil

Heyho,

I just wanted to thank you for some upcoming changes for the mages - it's a step in the right direction imo.

But about the b/wl:

"Changed Soul Harvester to do not have maximum stack"

Maybe you should cap the buff of Cruel Harvester at 10k. (group dmg buff)

Edit : nvm „Reduced Noble Souls stack multiplier to 2 from 3“ is absolutely unnecessary….

Greetings

Heyho,

after the nerf of m/w, because this class relies nearly only on static field, i'd suggest to increase the conversion rate of stamina and strenght of wisdom and bravery (499589). Since you have to use the bad aoes more often and don't have anything else to use for single target than the 40% nerfed static or even just casting flame.

Greetings

Heyho,

Mage/Warrior

• Changed Focused Beam to do not neglect the global 40% area damage reduction.

My only question is... is something planned for this class for the future?

Because right now - congratulations. You did it. The class died.

I played the class as my main since gorge and now with the additional buffgear its worse than anything else. Utterly useless.

Heyho,

About m/w

The main issue is the type of nerf of the class.

The whole class ist in a pretty good spot (atm). Mainly because of it‘s aoe dmg of static field. The aoe dmg starting at 2 targets is very strong and with more mobs it is getting weaker compared to other aoe classes. Static only hits 3 times so more targets = no damage increase. only for thunder.

The combination with meteor shower is worth at like idk 14 targets?🤔 otherwise static field is stronger. Even in 10 target groups.

The same goes with single target.

Your single target dmg is not good in dc. In dc you absolutely can‘t compete with other strong single target classes. If your flame cast is at 0.5s its worth using flame for single target mainly because of 0.5s and the eruption chance. But if you dont have enough cast speed static field is better in every way. So except for fullburst on only 1 target you only use static in single target too. Or if you have 1 trashmob infront of you. Then static procs 1 instead of 3 times (dc for example 3kk instead of 9kk each hit)

So you use static like 90% of the time on m/w.

If flame would be worse than now you would only use static…

Simply because all mage skills except for static suck alot. Meteor shower has low base dmg and a normal decrement. Purgatory fire is a joke. High mana cost, no dmg, melee range, decrement.

Static is just better in any way.

Other classes perform way better. Even in terms of burst aoe there are many stronger classes. M/w has a good sustain trash dmg but thats the main reason this class is good combined with the cd of berserk and other cd‘s and its very high mdmg. (Idk around 50k more than most mage main classes)

In terms of single target dps this class is a joke compared to other classes. Never a #1 class in single target burst.

The 40% nerf is a very big nerf for the class overall. Its one of the last viable mage classes and this will change within next patch.

The identity of the class is the buffgear converting stats into mdmg. After the nerf you need a buffgear to compete with mid tier dps so its useless to play. Get a dagger or a cbow for m/s or m/r and you will deal more dmg.

Greetings

PS: my previous posts were a joke mainly to see if it gets a 40% nerf. Or to just erase this class like most mage main classes when the last changes came…

Heyho,

Nice

Mage/Warrior

• Changed Focused Beam to do not neglect the global 40% area damage reduction.

Also change the conversion rate of wisdom and bravery to like 3% so i can finally give up on this class and sell the buffgear

Heyho,

so you mean mdps are now in the same situation like pdps are?

If you look at it - yeah. But i personally just hate this change.

Ofc it sounds fair for the pdps that mages now have to lvl their weapon and can resist mobs too.

BUT i really hate this change. You don't get any precision like leather classes from dex. Int does not provide anything like that. Like for chain players. Also the change for mages/warlocks whatever is : Build a precision rune so only 5% of your total dmg gets lost.

Additionally if the main hit of a skill resist - every other hit/proc of it does -> very unpleasant for aoes. And the following hits can resist too ofc.

I would suggest to give some mpprecision on int too.

Greetings

Heyho,

I wanted to ask if there are any planned changes about the new dc upper body set.

Because right now it has some aspects where it is worse than the golden rofl set.

Ofc you get ALOT of matk from the new set.

But you don't have the ultimate bonus like the rofl set. So you loose (as mdps) 2% mdmg and 1500 crit just from the ultimate bonus (and 3%movespeed). And additionally some mdmg because the new upper body has less mdmg than the golden rofl one.

But my main issue with the new upper body is : it has no % -aggro.

As a 2h weapon user you won't be able to use the 3% dmg potion (ID: 206839) ever again. As a mage im already at 17% aggro because of an ISS which gives unnecessarily +8% aggro. Without the -30% on my upper body it would be impossible to use this potion ever again. Only if you play a class with 2 weapons.

I hope you can consider a change here.

PS: is it intended that the new upper body set has less GC than the golden one?

Greetings ^^

Heyho,

I understand the feature of the gearscore minimum for dark core and i personally can enter it.

But when i play my favorite class m/w it is quite frustrating to get damage or DIE when i change my gear into my buffgear (which has only 1333 GC) to get the Buff. ^^

Is there any possible solution for this?

My suggestion: increase the duration of wisdom and bravery to like 15 mins so i don't have to rebuff it so often and take damage/die because of it. :)

Greetings

Heyho,

regarding the upcoming mage changes: Can someone please give a statement WHY these changes are planned as they are? They sound absolutely horrible.

For most (also already unplayed) classes these changes are straight up nerfs.

I really can't understand why these changes are planned like the way they are.

Edit: changed - ty

Greetings

Heyho,

i tested the warmage a bit in some runs and i have to say : It's not bad imo.

I really like playing it and it feels nearly the same as before. The damage feels viable/good. The aoe too.

But using a gcd after a cast often feels very unpleasant. It stops sometimes or has a 1-2s break while not being in gcd whyever.

But: Stacking electric rage feels absolutely horrible. In rofl for example you have no chance to stack and then do decent dps. Especially in aoe pulls it feels really bad. I guess it's because of rofl itself. The mobs just die too fast and don't get pulled together correctly because of too much dmg.

Greetings

You said stronger than EVERY scout. I can imagine these classes are stronger than some or most scouts but by far not every scout. Especially in single target burst situations most mages and warlocks don't stand any chance.

Competing? Yeah.

M/W for example is not stronger than every scout for sure.

About the other classes:

Yeah, they are stronger than some scout combinations and stronger than any/most mage or warlock main classes. But im 100% sure if all of these classes would beat every scout - the demand for scout buffs would be WAY higher than atm.

Greetings

One example: Mage/Wl

Mage/wl is stronger than every scout? Where? The combination is strong indeed but can NEVER deal more dmg than every scout in a whole instance.

Idk if you count the support to this but i mean the damage of the class. And you said many mdps. Who else does more overall dmg than EVERY scout? :/

I refuse to believe that any mage or wl main can outdps nearly any scout at a boss for example.

Greetings

there are so many mdps and chain dps classes, which do more dmg than every scout.

And tbh i don't think there is a single mage or warlock main class which is included in this statement.

The viable/strong mdps classes are only some other combinations sadly. That's why i don't understand this change too.

Greetings

Heyho,

about the upcoming change:

"Reduced Immaterial Recurrence damage to 220% from 732%, reduced cooldown to 4 seconds from 8."

Is there any specific reason to nerf it THAT hard? After the latest Soul Blast nerfs this skill got way more useful than before but with these upcoming nerf it's only viable if you are out of focus.

The channeling time of 1.5 seconds with only 220% makes this skill terrible.

Tbh i understand the nerf of this skill but the damage gets nerfed SO hard that using Soul Blast is better in every case. (except if you are out of focus because this class has a terrible focus regeneration)

Greetings

Heyho,

About the b/s

This class was strong every 4 minutes. But in aoe not stronger than b/m and in single target not stronger than b/wl.

Yeah that is true but you compare the strongest mdps single target class with weak aoe and a extremely strong aoe class combined here.

and the single target will nerfed to a point, where every other pure dps class will do more.

I am not 100% sure but maybe that will be the case. From my point of view i always saw b/s with a VERY strong single target and as a mdps you only have the b/wl to compete in any way with this class in terms of single target. In aoe ofc the /s is way stronger.

I think B/S has a critical problem in class design.

It will always be either too strong or too weak because of the fact that he has a 2 spell rotation with deadly arrows and joint blow.

Absolutely understandable it's like with many mages. Especially boss "rotation". For S/M it really feels the same.

but:

It depends on the values of these changes but these are nearly only very good buffs for this class. Especially in terms of single target.

It will always be either too strong or too weak because of the fact that he has a 2 spell rotation with deadly arrows and joint blow.

Until now - there was never a point where this class was anything near underperforming. If the sustain dmg is too low maybe lowering burst skills for some permanent buffs would be better.

I also had the chance to compare and compete with some b/s in rofl, which was really fun. The b/m seems to deal more or less equal damage as the b/s. With the planned b/s nerf I think, the b/m could be better overall.

Sorry but i am wondering how b/s does less dmg. Yeah the sustain dmg isn't that high comapred to b/m and it has a very good burst aoe. But in terms of single target there is no chance.

Only 1 spell isn't as useful: Musical Attack. The spell deals too tiny damage for being useful.

100% agree on that. The only reason on all classes that use Musical Attack is that there is nothing else/better to use.

Imagine using an elemental damage flame or fireball proc after every spell on mage :huh: :pinch:

The funny part is that a static field does more dmg than your 3s cast on classes like M/W or M/s because flame has such bad basedmg.

100% agree. Mage always was like spamming static field with some fillers (non-gcds) in between

The main reason for that is that every other skill is bad. The decrement on thunder kills it's dmg and meteor shower is better in big pulls if you used thunder for the buff. Purgatory fire is completely useless because of % mana cost, melee range and literally no dmg AND a decrement.

The single target has no variation too. Just spam your strongest cast.

And overall: Even if the b/wl b/m or b/s is stronger in any ways than other classes. It doesn't mean that classes need to be buffed to this level. These classes just need a nerf.

Greetings

Heyho,

Just want to share some suggestions about the magical classes of the bard:

Bard/Mage:

This class looks very interisting, especially with "Fire Rune" but i think it's missing something.

"Fire Rune" (1491145) for example has the very nice effect that you can instantly cast your main spell after dealing magic damage. But there aren't any spells to proc it very good.

-> Maybe adding magical dmg to "Lost Sanity" (1491094) would have a very good Synergy.

-> Adding Fire damage to "Musical Attack" (1491086) to spam it for burst. Atm the damage is very very low.

-> Also the "Fire Nova" (1491144) dmg is a bit low and very slow compared to other classes. Adding some dmg would help here.(It doesn't have a decrement yet. When it gets one it'll be even worse) :S

Bard/Druid:

Very nice aoe class because it has not a single decrement atm. When this changes the class will die i guess.

Overall this class shines with it's high base dmg from aoe's and low cd but at bosses it is very very weak because Bard itself doesnt have much Buffs for magical classes. Cast speed isn't that useful because you main cast already is at 0.5 cast in nearly every case.

-> Adding buffs to the class like earth dmg, mdmg and nerfing the earth damage passive skill (1491180).

-> Changing this Melee skill "Earthy Splash" (1491182) to something more useful. Atm in instances it forces you to go melee for a bit dmg with cd and % mana cost. Also a Buff that is useful in pvp. :|

Bard/Mage:

Looks like a pdd/supportive class combination. it doesn't have any special skill and the damage is single target and aoe like a normal mage. "Purgatory Fire" got improved but still... you have to go melee, low basedmg, high decrement, high mana cost -> not that useful.

->Idk where this class is seen so i can't say what to change. If it is intended like this it won't be seen as a dps. Maybe someone else can tell me what i overlook here ^^

Champion/Bard:

Very nice change to switch the spells to cps because as a champ without any casts you literally dont' have a single Buff for your dmg (except for Shadowforge's Rage). This class looks interisting to a certain point. Most skills are physical after all and also the Buffs. It also lacks a spammable. I'm sure it's not meant to be a caster but it has literally permanently everything on cd. Also the mechanic with "Forge" and "Musical Attack" sounds nice but the dmg is very low of "Musical Attack".

-> Changing "Musical Attack" (1491086) ( to wind damage and/or cps would helpt alot.

-> Give it a gcd spammable that scales magically. Like "Heavy Bash" (498521) to wind/cps and reduce the rage cost a bit. :)

-> Change the lvl 58/85 Elite skills (58-850882, 85-490426) to also give Magical Attack too :/

Warlock/Bard:

Looks like a warlock with nice psi regeneration but lesser Buffs. It has nice elite skills like added dark dmg (10%) to your dot (that no one uses) and "Ethereal Blade" is a nice Skill added to you rotation. "Soul Blast" (1491295) unfortunately does very little damage with like no aoe range.

-> ?? nothing yet^^

Feel free to correct me here or add your experiences ^^

Greetings

Hey,

1.Why is this not intended with the cast multi? =O

2. Ofc ^^

you can see my buffs and my simple damage log.

In the scrutinizer screens you can see the hit heights

Simple damage log + buffs

Gyazo
    gyazo.com

hit height Soul Hunter

Gyazo
    gyazo.com

hit height Soul Blast

Gyazo
    gyazo.com

and for comparison Immaterial Resurrence with 200% less (but channel spell)

Gyazo
    gyazo.com

Edit: Just buff more cast speed and you see Soul Hunter will do WAY more damage compared to Soul Blast.

Edit 2: Thanks for the upcoming change <3 ^^

I hope it's understandable :)

Greetings

Hey,

i just went through the upcoming patchnotes and saw something about the bard/wl.

1. Fixed Rhythmic Delusion wasn’t inflicting CPS damage.

-> sounds very interisting tbh and idk where this comes from

2. I think "Soul Blast" was the intended skill here.

The main issue about the bard/warlock is his main spammable skill isn't dealing any damage atm.

It is a 3s cast without a cast multi (like every other cast from any mage etc whatever) AND it deals 1x 920% cps dark dmg and 1x 920% cps damage. Both hits dont scale with a cast multi or a cps multi.

Sadly that's why this skill does literally no dmg as the normally main spell of this class.

"Soul Blast" does like 4-5kk hits in fullburst atm and thats sadly nothing compared what it should deal. Even "Soul Hunter" the additional skill to every hit deals nearly double the damage (per hit) in burst.

It's like playing a mage with "Flame" that does the damage of "Purgatory Fire" ^^

Greetings

Hey,

Afaik this always was a passive cause of one of its elite skills.

I don't think it was like this before.. it was an active afaik and got changed now (correct me if i am wrong)

Also i absolutely agree on the post of madoxx. Bard/druid looks pretty nice but it has no real buffs so in single target/burst it is very weak.

The other magical classes are kinda interisting too.

Bard/warlock is missing the normal dmg it should have on its mainspell because its not cps based atm.

-> 150% cps skill does higher hits than this 920% cps

Edit: Additionally i think the skill doesn't have a cast multi atm...

champ/bard looks funny but has the same issue as the bard/druid.

But in addition no spammable for trash etc and the basedmg is very low compared to other classes.

-> fancy skills, no dmg, no buffs :S

Greetings