Posts by Persil

Hey,

This is still the case sadly :s

And the new title skill "1491413" shares a cd with "1491182" from the bard/druid

Also the skill "1491182" is very interisting because it's quite useless in my eyes. For pvp it looks a bit useful but for instances....
    it does less dmg than the spammable cast and has 3s cd. Maybe changing the dmg or the cd (or skill to a buff or whatever) would be a good ^^

Greetings

Heyho,

i tested the bard/wl a bit and wanted to ask if the damage of "Soul Blast" is correct.

The skill "Soul Blast" (1491192) does 920% dark damage cps and 920% cps magic damage as a (3s!) cast.

The skill "Immaterial Resurrence" (1491193) has 732,5% cps dark damage (4 hits) as a channeling spell.

But "Soul Blast" does WAY less damage than "Immaterial Resurrence". "Soul Blast" does half the damage with it's dark damage hit. I hope you can look into this :)

Edit: Maybe "Soul Blast" is not cps based atm. If you buff yourself up even "Soul Hunter" with only 150% CPS dark dmg does more damage :/

Greetings

Heyho,

i just wanted to ask if you mean this skill..?

"Mage/Warrior

• Fixed Meditative Current effect was possible to be refreshed unintentionally."

The Skill you mean is "499588" "Meditation Path" after 10s of the Buff (623146) you can refresh it and always cast while walking. Just use a fireball every 10s ^^

Greetings

Heyho,

scrut from m/k 1st 5 skill= AOE

for me one solution

BIG nerf aoe dmg

BUFF single target

Hmm that means nothing :)

All mages have static field (in this case the stars skill), thunderstorm, iss aoe... as first skills. Single dmg cast is maybe 5 to 10% of overall scrut in most of them.

I agree with Madoxx at this point. The main reason is that you nearly don't use ANY single target spells except for plasma arrow only for static field (and 1-2 exceptions like m/r or m/s). Every single target cast is completely useless in trash because the cast time and missing dmg makes it worse than any other aoe option. On most mage classes after you run out of cast speed buffs you just use your aoe macro for offburst because they are better/stronger. (compared to pdd where you always use nearly every skills)

Greetings

Heyho,

Anyone wishing to change a mage is immediately attacked by the mage players.

Yeah sure - because everyone wants to nerf mage again or wants other classes to overperform. It would be the same if it would be any other class.
    Some of your suggestions for example are way over the top and some others are kinda okay. Maybe with different values at this point.

I personally can remember the beginning of the year when EVERY mageclass was pure garbage and i think most mage players are happy since some patches that they are able to compete again (with the mayor changes idk when).And ofc maybe overperformed while these changes like the release of some warlock classes.

I don't really believe that ALL mage classes are better or whatever than every leather class for example or ALL leather classes are so hot garbage as everyone mentions it.

I personally would prefer to nerf classes that are too strong like you mentioned. For example the scout/mage everyone wants to see. But like everyone said before - in tiny steps please and not instantly make a class op or nerf it to the ground.

For example:

S / M skill ID 1491049 Flame Arrows - add physical weapon damage instead of fire damage

ranged.

If you mean buffing the physical dmg -> sounds okayish

If you mean removing the fire dmg -> horrible idea

Greetings

Heyho,

idk why u hate leather gear :( its very nice gear :) who dont like pif paf trututu???

Don't get me wrong here - no one here hated leather gear in their post. ^^

My point was that something like

buff pdd scout =)

is not necessary for some combinations. The leather classes in general are far from weak. But some of them can ofc need a Buff. Not every combination is as viable as others. :)

Btw:

Today we were with the guild in the instance. I was a physical S/M t13 set + t15 crossbow, for 2 S/M t12 magic sets + t13 crossbow.

Having better gear, my skills were weaker by 10% -25% ...

Where is a fair balance of classes, as the only magic/physical combination is strongly in favor for the magic classes?

The crossbow of the magical dd is not that important. It's more about the main hand (2h Staff). But i made different observations about the numbers. :)

And in my opinion the right way would be to nerf the magical s/m a bit instead of buffing every scout (scoutmeta again).

But like in my previous post the balancing team will decide what will happen at the end of the day ^^ we'll see.

Greetings

Heyho,

I have seen different information about this tbh. But i don't think our opinions will match there.

But i don't really think that some other leather classes really need a Buff (Some of them are top dps). A few yes of course but not every class. Tbh i can't really believe that the opinions are SO different. But i guess we'll see how the balancing team will decide on that. Atm i still have this opinion i mentioned above.

I do not say that the s/m isn't strong atm. :)

Offtopic: i don't think that this balancing pause was that bad. It was nice to see the same classes perform over a longer time period and not a changing meta like every 1-2 weeks

Greetings

Heyho,

I just read the last posts and want to add my opinion to that:

2) Magical s/m is much stronger than physical, moreover, it is generally too strong, since it only had 1-2 patches, I will not believe anyone that after such a short time it is well balanced

In my opinion that is not true. Indeed he is strong but the physical one is as strong as the magical one and in general VERY strong.

1-2 patches...?!

Note: the second dps number is the MAGICAL one

"Scout/Mage

• Reduced Incineration damage to 160%/375% from 160%/500%.
    • Reduced The Inferno damage to 250%/1300% from 400%/1733%.
    • Reduced Joint Blow damage to 750%/1687% from 750%/2531%.
    • Reduced Flame Arrows damage to 478%/1434% from 478%/1593%."

10.4.1.2003-2

"Scout/Mage

• Changed Incineration to have 8% damage decrement for each extra target, increased its damage to 160%/400% from 160%/375%.
    • Reduced Inevitable Ignition fire damage gain to 12% from 20%."

10.4.1.2003-3

"Scout/Mage

• Reduced Excessive Necessity attack gain to 10% from 15%."

"Scout/Mage

• Reduced The Inferno damage to 250%/1170% from 250%/1300%.
    • Reduced Flame Arrows damage to 478%/1170% from 478%/1434%."

And I must admit that it amazed me. As far as I understand that chain eq has many options (basically 3 classes). I totally don't understand why mages with 2 base classes (same as on leather eq) have 9 more options than me.

I support this idea. Only leather classes didn't got any other special classes with a different main class then scout or rogue.

All your comments today are to hate mages... :|

Yeah not hate... but it's not new that Merkur always bashes against mages in nearly every post. It's kind of obvious. But some other people do that too...

For sure its not only mdps who is still OP. If we take a look into Chain of Arcadia we still see, Champ/Wl still overperforming or a Wr/Rouge or a Wr/Druid... i can continue so long. But also many mdps classes disgusting. Sure you need try compare in same runs with same supp etc. Which is actually pretty hard. But still it is.
    And we got so long now no balance patches, which makes me kinda sad tbh.(i dont count last one, cuz it was more or less bugfix) Couse, like Merkur said. So less Leather Dps who perfome atleast well or even with some broken, chain or mage classes. (actually just r/ch, when he play nearly perfect)

I don't really understand why every leather player complains about that. Of course (in my case) i can say some magical classes are pretty strong. But leather has some very strong classes too and there is no point in bashing other classes while some of the leather ones are as strong too. Scout/warden, scout/druid, scout/mage, rogue/warden, rogue/champion for example are top tier too.

Greetings

Heyho,

I also would agree on that change tbh:)

I already suggested this way earlier but the increase was like 9%? The Flame damage changed - but not that much tbh.

Also its just about 1 skill thats why i suggested it. A Whole cps class is.. yes i agree with you^^

WL dont really need that because of the insane elemental boosts they got. Mages cant get even near that numbers. Mage/warrior for example has only around 250% fire damage at max. He has high mdmg values but his output is a joke compared to a wl dmg output in numbers^^

Add: But cps would make the additional cast time mages have way more useful at the moment.

Edit 2: Something like a snipe of the scout with cps would be also a good choice. Or a stronger skill with much higher base dmg and cd like from the mage/druid "Mother Earths Wrath"

Greetings

Hey,

then i would suggest you to get better pdps in your runs to compare yourself, because mage has no chance against almost any pdps class in current content.

About the comparison - it is true. ANd the classes that can compete are getting instantly nerfed like s/m.

Last patches has been chain>wl/leather>mages 100%. But on this patch its probably not like this because the wise changes seem a bit strong so ill give you the benefit of the doubt.

I can agree on this. Wl for example feels way better than mage main classes and especially what i've seen from rogue classes - there is no chance to compete. Burst dmg for example is way lower compared to the mage classes.

Also about these changes:

• Reduced The Inferno damage to 250%/1170% from 250%/1300%.
    • Reduced Flame Arrows damage to 478%/1170% from 478%/1434%.

I know the Scout/mage is strong since its release but is it necessary to nerf the magical every patch atm? ofc it has a strong aoe burst but the physical version of this class is stronger in any way than the magical one. The constant damage of the magical is a bit stronger but especially in the burst, burst aoe etc the physical one is way stronger.

Idk how others see it im hoping for some feedback here (and in general).

Additionally i wanted to suggest some changes on the mage/warrior.

Atm it is not the worst class and not the best one either. The problem about it you get a 2nd whole gear to perform worse than other mage combos like m/s and m/r. You can just simply get a xbow or dagger and deal more damage.

Thats why i wanted to suggest some changes for this class:

- Maybe give it an additional skill which is based on cps (or change a current one like flame).

- Increase the dmg % of wisdom and bravery a bit. 12-15% maybe?

- Change the buff of "Magical Talent" into something really useful. HP and especially MP really don't matter. No skill uses alot of Mana and the only reason you get oom is of the % cost. Or change "Activate Mana" to something mentioned above^^

- Or change the last named Buffs to a short time Buff which changes a skill to cps based. It would be very nice for all mages btw because on a mage cast speed is nearly useless because you anyway get easily to 0.5s cast.

It would be nice to see atleast one mage with a nice burst because there is not really 1 mage that can compete in burst.

Greetings

EDIT: I didn't meant that the buffgear is a bad part - i love that fact because it makes this class unique. It's the identity of this class. I just wanted to mention that it's not worth it atm to play this class^^

Heyho,

Regarding the new wl/r changes :

Ofc punishment feels way weaker now but idk how much compared to other top dps atm.

It just feels alot weaker now. And the problem of his weaker single target is his massive lacking aoe dmg.

He has the weakest aoe dmg of all wl classes and the single target is/was his advantage.

Also the change of soul fang :

It's now a cast with 0 damage but the problem of the cast is that it has the same issue like plasma arrow.

The traveling time lets you cast it twice if you use a macro and this is a huge time waste too.

I hope there will be some consideration about this class in the future^^

Regarding scour/mage:

I can't wait to see these changes - it looks very nice^^

Just one thing:

"Snipe: 2353% ranged weapon DPS fire damage or 1158% CPS fire damage."

Is it intended that snipe is the only skill where pdps has more % than fire damage?

It has even less fire% than "Joint Blow".

Im just wondering^^

Greetings

it's the absolute main dmg skill and gets nerfed by over 50% in total when you have 4 or more debuffs

There are only 4 elemental weakness effects in the game those can be used simultanously, currently.

This is 12%/24%/32%/38% reduction on single skill depending on elemental weakness effects the target has from 1 to 4.

Greetings

Heyho,

I'm just a bit concerned about this class with this nerf (i just don't want the same thing what happened to the wl/ch^^) - The Single target burst is the main aspect of the class and Punishment does around 40-55% of a whole boss. Even with the 38% in total it's around 20% less overall dmg :S

I mean we'll see how this class performs after that nerf and then it can be adjusted a little more.

But why increasing the cd of End of ideas by 2 seconds? I don't think the 4 additional % will compensate these 2s.

Greetings

Heyho,

About the change of wl/r:

"Increased Punishment damage to 6996 from 6360, changed it to gain 12% damage with every Elemental Weakness effect instead of 40%."

It's true that the single target burst of this class is pretty good and needs a kind of nerf but i dont think that hard. Especially because it's the absolute main dmg skill and gets nerfed by over 50% in total when you have 4 or more debuffs.:(

Also the aoe dmg of this class is far away from competing with other classes which compensates through the single target dmg.

I'd suggest to start with around 30% at the beginning and look how it will perform after that.:)

Greetings

Btw the m/wl has fire dmg output whyever as his elemental dmg output which would nerf him also very hard. He should do wind damage (36,2% by plasma arrow) because thats what he has the most % of. (tell me if im wrong)

Sadly that 36% wind dmg disapear when you use static field.

Oh i didn't knew that.

Then forget what i said he gets a huge nerf too ?(

greetings

Heyho

I wanted to say something about the upcoming mage change:

"Changed Static Field damage from 2520 wind + 2520 elemental damage to 3780 elemental damage."

Nice change... but:

It's not a secret that some mage classes are very strong atm and nearly every class uses static field.

But in my opinion with this nerf the class who suffers the most is the /w. -> Not really played at all too.

Mage classes like /druid and /scout won't get affected that much.

The elemental damage of the /druid nearly compensates the dmg you loose by having enough elemental dmg and the /scout has anyway way more other skills which are not main class based which pushes him.

The more % elemental dmg you have the less this nerf will affect the mage class. And like i said /w (with only 1x 10%) suffers way more from this nerf than the classes that should get affected.

Btw the m/wl has fire dmg output whyever as his elemental dmg output which would nerf him also very hard. He should do wind damage (36,2% by plasma arrow) because thats what he has the most % of. (tell me if im wrong)

I'd suggest to nerf the elite skills of these classes instead/additionally instead.

Like this one "Reduced Magma Blade range to 180, reduced earth damage portion to 1449 from 1932.":thumbup:

Edit: What i forgot to mention is - most classes also use a second skill besides static field (/s, /d, /wd etc.) too and in case of the m/w for example its not the case so the nerf would affect his trash dmg nearly by 100%

Im open for feedback ^^

Greetings

I found rogues doing same dmg as my best mage and with some rogue combos I had nothing to do. Let's say I disagree with all this nonsense. Yes Reve, stop trolling xD

I can agree with that :)

Removing the %elemental dmg would instantly kill the whole class.

Also i don't think rogue is weak. Rogues for example do way more bossdmg.

It really depends on the player too and looking only at one person is not very accurate.

I personally saw enough ppl who played the same class and the one with lower gear did more dmg.

it is unfortunately not my problem that players are picking mage over rogue for some reason.

I can 100% agree on that. Often are classes not weak but just not played. I don't know why people say classes are weak just because no one plays them. Rogues and scouts are not dead btw. Just not played atm (scouts).:)

Also mage has a lower skillcap in my opinion then other pdd classes. I often see randoms with nearly the same gear but have a huge difference in their dmg output.

I just wanted to mention this and it's important which players you compare. Gear and playstyle/skill make a huge difference.

Heyho,

You are correct, static field is pretty much the only reason mage classes are viable. If you "mega" nerf that skill we will be "mega" useless.

i can agree with Noodlez

This skill is the only reason some mage classes have potential. The normal aoe skills of the mage are very weak compared to the static field. It has a good dmg output but only hits 3 targets with a 20% decrement + you have to set it up with plasma arrow + gcd.

Some classes are stronger with it because they can use it + their own additional aoe like m/wd, m/d.

And the changes of thunderstorm are kinda... not relevant. The high decrement puts the aoe dmg after 6-7 mobs so low it doesnt matter and ofc the cd.

Also "purgatory fire" is completely useless. NO one uses it (except for m/r). It's dmg is extremely low, only fire dmg, close range and % mana cost.

Ont that

Talisman only amplifies fire damage, where on w/m fire damage is dealt by white attack and 1 skill. Everything else deals wind damage. Personally I would suggest changing the talisman ( that would be best) to give bonus to all element types,

I think most people want this kind of change because the 1h wand is not as "useful" as 2h. But much more class combinations now need the 1h instead of 2h.

But about making a new talisman with all elemental dmg -> the elemental dmg should be lower than the fire % of the aldo talisman. If it has the same or even higher % than the aldo talisman - the 2h staff will die on this patch. Around t13/14 on the talisman 1h would be as good as a 2h staff on the same tier BUT with an extra statted item (with insane non stats) and a second curse rune for offburst.

Greetings

Heyho,

In my opinion these changes :

"Reduced magical damage output to 90.6% from 100%"

"Changed Warp Charge to increase magical damage by 10.3% additionally."

were 100% completely unnecessary.

The mage was not overperforming. He was on the same niveau as pdps and this IS a straight up additional nerf for the mage.

Every group without a wl/m, everytime you dont have the buff because ur out of range, everything thats solo farming is affected.

The wl/m was already important enough for the mdps classes because of the % elemental damage etc.

Also the wl/m is even more forced into a raid like no other class comb. (Even more than before)

It's not all about the nerfs (which mdps already got) but so much at once and this unnecessary change is not the best way.

I can agree with Ashlynn - we will see what the future shows about the change.

Greetings

Heyho,

I don't know if anyone has reported (tell me if yes^^) it by now but i played mage/champ today and saw that you can't cast a plasma arrow on Jerath or an organ. I don't think this is intended and hope it can be fixed soon^^ It's a huge damage loss on this boss for the mage/champ. I don't know if it works on other mages.

Greetings