Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• I thought it always was a passive :D But maybe a DEV can answer that (now its a passive anyways so I guess it doesn't matter that much.) Where I agree is that, again, some changes were nor mentioned in the patchnotes (title e.g.)

I agree on mdps combinations and also have to say that warlock/bard looks kinda nice as well. Couldn't test it yet because in all groups there is at least one Bard/Scout which means every other dps won't get to do anything anyway xD

Maybe if B/S gets it much needed, much awaited, nerf and some bugs are fixed we can try to test some classes further. Also I suppose to really compare some classes you'd need the golden weapon (at least if you test it against a combination that also uses a golden weapon (which is not an instrument) and I don't have one yet (cause no loot luck xD).

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• If you play an instrument on a bard class (normal music not the skill that plays an instrument), only one other player gets that buff. In addition you don't get the Presto buff but also someone else gets it.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• Hey,

i just went through the upcoming patchnotes and saw something about the bard/wl.

1. Fixed Rhythmic Delusion wasn’t inflicting CPS damage.

-> sounds very interisting tbh and idk where this comes from

2. I think "Soul Blast" was the intended skill here.

The main issue about the bard/warlock is his main spammable skill isn't dealing any damage atm.

It is a 3s cast without a cast multi (like every other cast from any mage etc whatever) AND it deals 1x 920% cps dark dmg and 1x 920% cps damage. Both hits dont scale with a cast multi or a cps multi.

Sadly that's why this skill does literally no dmg as the normally main spell of this class.

"Soul Blast" does like 4-5kk hits in fullburst atm and thats sadly nothing compared what it should deal. Even "Soul Hunter" the additional skill to every hit deals nearly double the damage (per hit) in burst.

It's like playing a mage with "Flame" that does the damage of "Purgatory Fire" ^^

Greetings

• Official Post

Soul Blast is inflicting CPS Dark damage properly and there is nothing related with mentioned mistake about it. Not having cast time multiplier is also intended for this spell, yet further balance changes will be applied for sure.

I would appreciate it if you have a screenshot or any source that shows Soul Hunter is inflicting more damage than Soul Blast as we couldn't reproduce such scenario.

Greetings

• Hey,

1.Why is this not intended with the cast multi? =O

2. Ofc ^^

you can see my buffs and my simple damage log.

In the scrutinizer screens you can see the hit heights

Simple damage log + buffs

Gyazo
    gyazo.com

hit height Soul Hunter

Gyazo
    gyazo.com

hit height Soul Blast

Gyazo
    gyazo.com

and for comparison Immaterial Resurrence with 200% less (but channel spell)

Gyazo
    gyazo.com

Edit: Just buff more cast speed and you see Soul Hunter will do WAY more damage compared to Soul Blast.

Edit 2: Thanks for the upcoming change <3 ^^

I hope it's understandable :)

Greetings

• I´ll use a bit of humor to explain the situation (dont fell offended pls)

Hi all, what happened to the chain classes?

Warden, Warrior, Champ, all nerf

These classes only work for support: Champ/dudu, Warrior/scout

Classes like Warrior/mage, Warden/druid and Champ/bard as a magical dps?

Why dont modify the mage/champ, mage/warrior, mage/warden to be physical dps too?

Nerf like :

Warrior: Reduced Frenzy cooldown to 3 minutes from 5, reduced attack speed gain to 8% from 16%, increased duration to 30 seconds from 25. (16% to 8% really? :D).

Changed Berserk to provide 26.2% physical damage instead of physical attack. (we can only use STR stat on the gear, we are not rogue or scout XD ).

#Dont kill the chain classes

• Berserk was the biggest buff for chain classes.i dont know which classes you prefer too play but there are classes like warrior/druid which are really strong.

• Hey idk who see you a big nerf there? The frenzy change you will just notice in really fast groups and 8%is not that big thing like it looks like. In full burst you can ignore it and you get 2 mins less cd. For example the rofl title you can use in titel system who give you7% less attack speed but dmg too if i am right. With caracter focus it will be the double .

The Berserk change was a huge buff. Warrior are still one of the strongest Chain classes. And over all they are pretty fine. Depends on the sec class you have good single target combos and i think all are good on aoe. Exept / mage maybe. I have no idea about magical. Who need to get love are for sure Warden, even a rouge/warden do way more dmg with the warden main skills then the warden itself. Also Champions need abit more love. They can be strong but for that you need really strong support skills. Other combos have it way easyer to do dmg.

Greetings.

• Warrior/druid and warrior/wrl are strong it's true. Also the change on Berserker is good but warrior is too slow doing dmg comparing to d/wl( who still needs nerf btw) and now b/s ( who got nerved but still is very strong). B/wd is better now with the change of Lost Sanity but as others wrote earlier it should be able to use all bard skills as other classes that don't use instrument but is b/something or sth/bard. Wardens are a lost cause for now and yeah they do need a lot of love. So chain classes in my opinion are not taken care of enough cause all that matters is magical dps classes and scouts.

• Hi

Regarding the bard/warlock, I would suggest making changes to focus management as it wears off quickly. You could for example increase the maximum focus as it is for scout/warlock from 100 to 200 or add a small focus regeneration to an offensive skill.

Greetings

• Hi

Regarding the bard/warlock, I would suggest making changes to focus management as it wears off quickly. You could for example increase the maximum focus as it is for scout/warlock from 100 to 200 or add a small focus regeneration to an offensive skill.

Greetings

I do not think this is needed, if you have the Savior of Light title from doing the quests in Talaghan there is no need for it, when I use this title I have no focus issues with this class, and then you do burst just change to Dragon slayer

• Hey,

"Darkness, Arise!" on bard/wl should change harmony to cps too.

But atm it isn't cps dmg.

Also i like the new changes but the "Soul Blast" cps could be reduced to 700% ^^ It is kinda strong atm

Greetings

• Regarding Bard's skill "Octave Shifting" - Could you consider changing effect of fear that this skill gives for Stun maybe or could you remove it completely? While on rofl this fear doesn't do anything wrong, on other instances like Kalin Shrine it only causes mobs to run in different directions and doesnt help in anything but dps's can die because of frontal attacks from some mobs and it's really unnecessary.

• Hello,

Rouge/bard

I think the recent changes made the aoe in burst and offburst very good, but there is 1 thing this class massivly lacks and that is single Target.

Even after the buff of combo throw its not really worth it to have it in your rotation since the 1.5 second channel time is too much since u cant do non gcd spells in the meanwhile so you are better off just using Song of the storm and spam low blow.

My suggestions for this class would be:

1. Delete the combo throw idea and a add a good single target spell maybe a non gcd which you can spam at bosses instead of song of the storm

2. Give Fervent Attack an additional 10% wind damage buff when its active

3. To give this class the idea of doing damage with throwing weapons maybe change Mistral to also apply 1 Throw to each spell which is changed to wind damage e.g. Low Blow, Wound Attack, Shadowstab (Maybe for wound Attack for each dmg triggered 1 additional throw damage)

Kind Regards

Jockels

• Hello,

I have some suggestions for Champ/Bard. This class feels extremly weak as dps and as tank:

1) You can use Disassembly Mode and Shield Form together. Please fix.

2) This class is CPS-based so it would make sense to make Musical Attack CPS-Based too. In Burst this skill only benefits from magical dmg but not from Castspeedbuffs.

3) Increase Champion/Bards Shock Overload much stronger to compensate for the lack of a fast Shock Overload. Other Champions upon increasing their atkspeed benefit from stronger and faster Shock Overload. Maybe make Champion/Bards Shock overload much stronger to compensate for the lack of a fast Shock Overload.

4) Surrounding Wave reduce CD from 10 to 6 and give it Aggromulti if Shieldform

5) Reduce CD of Echo to 2 second

6) Remove CD of Electrocution and make it use 20 focus instead. Upon use make it reduce Echo CD by 1

7) 75 ISS and 80 ISS are physical based. Maybe add a windelement and CPSbased dmg of +750% to make them useful

Thank you for your time

• Heyho,

Just want to share some suggestions about the magical classes of the bard:

Bard/Mage:

This class looks very interisting, especially with "Fire Rune" but i think it's missing something.

"Fire Rune" (1491145) for example has the very nice effect that you can instantly cast your main spell after dealing magic damage. But there aren't any spells to proc it very good.

-> Maybe adding magical dmg to "Lost Sanity" (1491094) would have a very good Synergy.

-> Adding Fire damage to "Musical Attack" (1491086) to spam it for burst. Atm the damage is very very low.

-> Also the "Fire Nova" (1491144) dmg is a bit low and very slow compared to other classes. Adding some dmg would help here.(It doesn't have a decrement yet. When it gets one it'll be even worse) :S

Bard/Druid:

Very nice aoe class because it has not a single decrement atm. When this changes the class will die i guess.

Overall this class shines with it's high base dmg from aoe's and low cd but at bosses it is very very weak because Bard itself doesnt have much Buffs for magical classes. Cast speed isn't that useful because you main cast already is at 0.5 cast in nearly every case.

-> Adding buffs to the class like earth dmg, mdmg and nerfing the earth damage passive skill (1491180).

-> Changing this Melee skill "Earthy Splash" (1491182) to something more useful. Atm in instances it forces you to go melee for a bit dmg with cd and % mana cost. Also a Buff that is useful in pvp. :|

Bard/Mage:

Looks like a pdd/supportive class combination. it doesn't have any special skill and the damage is single target and aoe like a normal mage. "Purgatory Fire" got improved but still... you have to go melee, low basedmg, high decrement, high mana cost -> not that useful.

->Idk where this class is seen so i can't say what to change. If it is intended like this it won't be seen as a dps. Maybe someone else can tell me what i overlook here ^^

Champion/Bard:

Very nice change to switch the spells to cps because as a champ without any casts you literally dont' have a single Buff for your dmg (except for Shadowforge's Rage). This class looks interisting to a certain point. Most skills are physical after all and also the Buffs. It also lacks a spammable. I'm sure it's not meant to be a caster but it has literally permanently everything on cd. Also the mechanic with "Forge" and "Musical Attack" sounds nice but the dmg is very low of "Musical Attack".

-> Changing "Musical Attack" (1491086) ( to wind damage and/or cps would helpt alot.

-> Give it a gcd spammable that scales magically. Like "Heavy Bash" (498521) to wind/cps and reduce the rage cost a bit. :)

-> Change the lvl 58/85 Elite skills (58-850882, 85-490426) to also give Magical Attack too :/

Warlock/Bard:

Looks like a warlock with nice psi regeneration but lesser Buffs. It has nice elite skills like added dark dmg (10%) to your dot (that no one uses) and "Ethereal Blade" is a nice Skill added to you rotation. "Soul Blast" (1491295) unfortunately does very little damage with like no aoe range.

-> ?? nothing yet^^

Feel free to correct me here or add your experiences ^^

Greetings