Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• Hi,

the level 85 Knight ISS (ID 490359) has very often RESIST in dark core.

It seems like it is magic calculated, but knight should be calculated depending on weapon level

• But wouldn't it be better to change to physical light damage like Whirlwind Shield? Whirlwind Shield never resisting.

Resisting is as far as I observered always on magical skills depending on magical precision and a knight don't have many magical precision :D

• Official Post

Resist can occur with elemental damage rather than magical. Tsunami is inflicting light damage which could be resisted, is same as dodge of non-elemental physical spells.

Greetings

But wouldn't it be better to change to physical light damage like Whirlwind Shield? Whirlwind Shield never resisting.

Resisting is as far as I observered always on magical skills depending on magical precision and a knight don't have many magical precision :D

There is no damage type difference between Whirlwind Shield and Tsunami set skill.

Greetings

• But wouldn't it be better to change to physical light damage like Whirlwind Shield? Whirlwind Shield never resisting.

There is no damage type difference between Whirlwind Shield and Tsunami set skill.

Greetings

Maybe you can take a look into it? Because I noticed a big difference in DC in all runs. Description of whirlwind shield is physical light damage while Tsunami only says light damage. Hitting thousands of mobs also had a big difference of both skills (whirlwind shield never resisted)

If you have time, I would appreciate if you take a deeper look into it

Greetings

• Official Post

There is no such thing as "physical light damage" in fact. Both Tsunami and Whirlwind Shield inflicts magical light damage, but damage will be considered as physical in terms of breaching immunities, if skill is physical.

I assume this is a problem with damage calculation where if first damage of a skill is physical (non-elemental), other hits are being calculated with its dodge result instead of magical attributes, means magical parts will resist. Since Whirlwind Shield is inflicting both elemental damage, it doesn't have this issue. We will think about how to fix this issue.

Greetings

• WD/S still performs better than every other class in dark core and that by atleast 20-30% vs the best other classes.

Chirons attacks can just 2 shot mobs if buffed which already shows how stupidly strong this pet is.

WD/D is a little bit less strong but still too strong.

Maybe adjust the values of the pets from these 2 classes.

Kind Regards
    Jockels

• and average attacks (white hits) from chiron with 6.8kk in whole instance :D seems balanced

• Hi,

a suggestion for a tank balancing.

Right now, the knight/mage holy light domain and Warrior/priest buffs are literally to strong, that tanks don't need any defense CDs in all situations.

I suggest, that you remove the damage reduction debuff on mobs for the holy light domain and make the rest of this skill passive.

Also remove the Warrior/priest damage debuff and make the Warrior/priest a more viable dps.

Why I think this way? Knight/mage is the meta tank atm. No tank is stronger. All other tanks need a warrior/priest to have the same tank ability, but some ppl maybe don't want to play w/p, bcs it is really weak and is in the party only for debuffing mobs and buffing the raid.

Removing dmg debuff from knight/mage and w/p would result in more different tank combinations I think.

Furthermore that tanks have enough aggro if they need to use defense CDs, you can add a little aggro push if needed.

Greetings

• I would like to use my warlock/knight to tank the ini but it is literally impossible. Would you reconsider changes to make this possible? Use knight plate or go home feels like a big step back to class balance.

• I would like to use my warlock/knight to tank the ini but it is literally impossible. Would you reconsider changes to make this possible? Use knight plate or go home feels like a big step back to class balance.

Imho tanking endcontent instance with cloth gear makes plate gear useless. Tanks should always use plate.

• Imho tanking endcontent instance with cloth gear makes plate gear useless. Tanks should always use plate.

Not rly

Why lot of combinatios have "tank mode" then ?

champ who use tank transformation have chain eq with full str and this is intened to make possible tank with other EQ than plate but new ini is just stupid only plate nothing more ;x

• Imho tanking endcontent instance with cloth gear makes plate gear useless. Tanks should always use plate.

Not rly

Why lot of combinatios have "tank mode" then ?

champ who use tank transformation have chain eq with full str and this is intened to make possible tank with other EQ than plate but new ini is just stupid only plate nothing more ;x

Yes and if highest instance can be tanked in cloth, leather and chain (with full dps gear for Chain and leather btw) where is the point having plate gear in game, with which you can't play dps? Tell me

Maybe an official statement is needed here, what are the plans for plate

• I would appreciate such a statement as well. Especially regarding the plans for said chain/leather/cloth "tank" classes IF it is intended that the current endcontent can only be tanked by plate.

Nobody needs several classes (we're talking about multiple for each kind of armorweight) with dedicated tank elite skills, that are only able to tank old instances. That can be done by almost every dps with some tank accessories and hatred runes.

I understand the arguments of both sides, but a change to those classes is due either way.

• Then consider to change that these classes who are designed to be a Tank with cloth, leather and chain gear needs to be played in plate gear. Skills needs to be adjusted But i think its no big deal. Maybe add a Skill like the bard have : when u wear cloth Gear its like now. If you are on plate youre skills are different then before with Plate. It makes it possible to be Tank in low inis with cloth and so on and in dark core you need plate.idhril

WjQl7HI.jpeg

No Guts No Glory No Legend No Story.

Edited 4 times, last by Idhril ().

• Official Post

We currently plan major structural changes to the archetype of tanks.

These changes will cement the definitive superiority of plate tanks in comparison to other gear types. Our aim is that we do not destroy non-plate tank classes.

Generally speaking: We are aware of the power difference and homogeneity between the tanks.

Threaten as an ability pidgeonholes non-plate tanks to gain absurd amounts of defense in order to survive. This has caused further complications in the form of defenses on DPS-Classes, as a boost there would translate into much higher defenses for the tank-swap on certain combinations or outright allow for these classes to tank.

This has caused a significant spike in difficulty for melee classes which we aim to fix.

Tanks, historically, have been chosen for their supportive abilities, which cemented the Knight/Mage as the absolute favorite. We have already worked out a solution for this issue that we will share in the near future.

• Regarding:

Reduced Doomlord Costume Potion aggro gain to 10% from 75%.

Please remember to also change the female version of the potion (Dark Magic Costume 206839)

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• Also since you're increasing the aggro of dps: Could you change or reduce the the 75% aggro increase of 499604 (Shadow of the Baron) of the Mage/rogue? The whole increase of aggro is unnecessary imo anyway cause there are far better support skills on other classes without such an increment, but if you want to keep it I suggest to at least reduce it or this class will always tank (at least in certain parts of instances) where tanks won't be able to do any aggro (e.g. cause they have -1000% attack speed)

Greetings.

• Official Post

Also since you're increasing the aggro of dps: Could you change or reduce the the 75% aggro increase of 499604 (Shadow of the Baron) of the Mage/rogue? The whole increase of aggro is unnecessary imo anyway cause there are far better support skills on other classes without such an increment, but if you want to keep it I suggest to at least reduce it or this class will always tank (at least in certain parts of instances) where tanks won't be able to do any aggro (e.g. cause they have -1000% attack speed)

Greetings.

We're generally not done with the full aggro calculations for every class, but from the first tests with DPS that increase their aggro artificially with special skills, none have yet been able to steal aggro in proper raid setups. These tests take a significant amount of time.

We understand that with the current difficulty of instances, classes that instantly steal aggro will be borderline useless.

From what we have seen, tanks will generate about twice as much aggro as before, certain combinations even more. We're especially looking into classes that cannot use a second reconciliation rune as they will have a significantly harder time to gain as little aggro as possible.

With overdura and two reconciliation runes, a DPS should now have about ~15.7% aggro when wearing a dark core and RoFL set.

• Thanks for answering. I guess we just have to wait and see the end results.

Just consider that in dark core there are some debuffs on the tank which makes it impossible for him to generate aggro. Right now a class with ~14% aggro steals aggro and I doubt even if tanks will do double of their amount that will be enough but of course you can only tell that after changes are live.

• Quote from planned patch notes

(...)

Omg. I'm still blown away from that wall of text which I just found, I have so many questions xD Guess I better wait for the stuff to come, before asking 1000000 questions xD But damn, that looks like really good work, finally the long wished tank rework! <3 This hypes me more than Dark Core did actually ^^

• What about barbarian battlecry from Warrior/priest?

I think after the patch every dps can survive all hits even from bosses with w/p in Party and -32% Attack of mobs/bosses. Seems like all parties should have a w/p?

Furthermore I suggest to change Holy Protection of knight/priest to loose the buff, if the buffer is to far away. Like you did with priest/Warden

Greetings