Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

Ofc not, it was just an example, as I said.

Why do we need an example that doesn't work?

The point was not about the "mage" example itself, but about the change of core mechanics: Mages are stationary casters and Scouts can run around, but loose life in return. That is default class design. If you remove one of these pillars (the loss of life for example, or the stationary cast), the construct of the class will break down.

The basic mechanic is that the scout shoots a bow/crossbow and this remains the same. Scout/champion uses a pistol, yes! a new type of weapon was introduced, a pistol, in addition, this character has a different type of blood arrow and somehow it did not destroy either the balance or the scout.

I just want your gameplay as a scout to depend on you and your skills, not the heal and his skills.

Using the skill ingame doesn't hurt the player if you have a heal in your party.

Changing the skill mechanic will hurt the game, because this is one of the key factors of a scout.

Even if you are right, it will not be the first change of its kind. In addition, I don't want to remove the blood arrow mechanic but change it. I want it to be fairer, more logical and more enjoyable.

If you remove one of these pillars (the loss of life for example, or the stationary cast), the construct of the class will break down.

This is not true, the loss of life is denied by the other heal. However, the fact that your character's movement interrupts the casting (as far as I know) is not negated by another heal. So these things cannot be compared.

Zyrex Correct me if I am wrong.

• This is not true, the loss of life is denied by the other heal. However, the fact that your character's movement interrupts the casting (as far as I know) is not negated by another heal. So these things cannot be compared.

Ofc it can be compared, that's class design. Scout can shoot while running, Mage can not. Scout looses life, Mage doesn't. You can also compare it with a Warrior: Scout is ranged, Warrior is melee. Scout looses life, Warrior does not. Every class has advantages and disadvantages. If you remove the life cost of Blood Arrow, Scout looses its only penalty, which makes it... broken (in terms of class design, not talking about class balancing).

I don't want to remove the blood arrow mechanic but change it. I want it to be fairer, more logical and more enjoyable.

Me playing scout, blood arrow only triggers phoenix sometimes, that's the only thing that could be fixed, since it doesn't kill the player anyways.

I just want your gameplay as a scout to depend on you and your skills, not the heal and his skills.

Guess you are not dependant of a healer, you can also use potions to refill your life or use the buff more wisely. For the raid/group content, you always have a healer with you, so it doesn't even matter.

But enough of this topic for now, let's see what the Devs decide here I guess ^^ :)

• Is it really worth adding dmg m / k to aoe since it has the strongest aoe? Not better to reduce his aoe and add more damage for a single target?

I am also confused, why m/k got light damage pushed. I guess this class hasn't the need for it. There would be other mages classes where a little buff fits better.

But thx for some changes. Need to test some classes now

• It has been written many times, but it has to be repeated again. It is probably not about balance that there is one combination of a tank, dps, or healing character. And now, unfortunately, this is how it will look like. Yesterday I was talking to a friend, he was wondering why such changes came from. I would like to see a comment on each change why this class is changed, what are your reasons.

• I imagine m/k got a buf because when all mages got 15% extra static field buff months ago, m/k didn't.

I don't know how the class is performing right now, I'm just thinking that could be the reason.

• I imagine m/k got a buf because when all mages got 15% extra static field buff months ago, m/k didn't.

I don't know how the class is performing right now, I'm just thinking that could be the reason.

Following this line of thinking, each scout should get 8% damage and some patt

try m/k. it is a monster now :D

Tried it one hour before, even with r/w and pulling many mobs, have dwarven ale up to spam your AOEs, you cannot reach the dmg of m/k

Tried it one hour before, even with r/w and pulling many mobs, have dwarven ale up to spam your AOEs, you cannot reach the dmg of m/k

Sounds tempting :P

I guess you mean in aoes or?

• Scout/Rogue:

I am not sure what the intentions with the recent "buff" to s/r where as it is how it is right now , useless .

The dmg you get from the buff is close to nothing and it is 100% not worth to use it anywhere as you are well off to skip this and just use your normal rota.

The biggest problem S/r currently has in terms of competing with other Classes is his single target damage where he heavily looses . As it is currently in singletarget burst ( balton for example) you have to use 2 Buffs/debuffs (exploiting shot and sapping arrow) on the boss that both trigger a GCD and where one of it is dependent on that your shot crits before you can/should use your strongest Skill, Snipe, with vampire arrow after it making it 3 debuffs for the Boss.

With the latest patch you added a 4th Buff you can only use /trigger with hitting a mob/boss ( besides that the dmg gain is close to nothing ).So 9/10 times when u have a half decent Group the Boss will be dead or close to being to when you can finally start to do damage.

Please change Exploiting Shot (492916) to a selfbuff that provides weapon damage with the same uptime (20 seconds ) and a 90-120 seconds cooldown . Also please remove the GCD of Sapping Arrow(491496).

Greetings

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

Edited 7 times, last by Cruvor ().

M/k was very strong even before this patch. Our mages did very high damage on it, often more than on m/s. I absolutely do not understand this change. I believe that it should be delete as soon as possible.

• Regarding the patch:

* Boost m/k is a misunderstanding and you should delete it, look at the dmg and even consider the nerf

* The boost mechanic should be changed on the rogue/priest, currently it is only a nuisance because it is much less profitable than it used to be

* It hurts me not to change r/wrl, he should get a boost on single target, because I can even make more r/m on a jerath than theoretically with the strongest single target rogue, if some class dont have any aoe, then should do big dmg on a single target. Once again, add an aoe to him

* I would love to see how r/k can do a good dps, at the moment it is not a dps, but only a fake tank, where it is still weaker than a knight

* I also believe that r/d should get a higher dmg gain.

* I think (I haven't tested it) that r/w will be a bit too strong now

Finally, I would like to add that I am very happy that something has moved regarding the balance, thank you.

EDIT:

I forgot to add that in my opinion the magic version of the s/m nerf is kidding for me.

• Ch/Wl

• Reduced Rune Siphon cooldown to 3 seconds from 4.

This skill also needs a raise in skill dps, deals less dps then rune impulse

As it is now, the skill does not help at all, but I think it would make more sense if the gcd would be removed (I think it has already been suggested).

Regarding druid/warrior:

For a long time I played Druid/Warrior again today and had no chance against the rogue/warden Meta.

To keep up in large Aoe groups, I would give Whirlwind a 0.1 strength multiplier and add earth damage.

In addition, I would remove the necessary target from natural attack, as it makes the class simply unplayable in some situations. Power of the wood spirit, for example, does not need a target. You have to keep in mind that with Potws you don't have 2 seconds cooldown and a channel time of 0.5 seconds. In addition, you do not need rage.

To make the playing style more fluid, I would give Heartbreaker not only a produce of 15 rage per hit, but 25. If you don't have a dwarven ale or enraged ready, you can still build up enough anger to use the other skills if they are possible. Also, I would set the rage cost of slash from 15 to 10.

Greetings

• m/k really didnt need a push, thats true the class was already one of the best dps all over the ini but i only can still say push the kn/m pls. weaponlvl from 142 to 250-280 and push more mat and attackspeed pls or its not available in rofl. i dont want this class op only balanced for the possibility to play it in rofl.

• m/k really didnt need a push, thats true the class was already one of the best dps all over the ini but i only can still say push the kn/m pls. weaponlvl from 142 to 250-280 and push more mat and attackspeed pls or its not available in rofl. i dont want this class op only balanced for the possibility to play it in rofl.

what i believe k/m needs is some kind of spammable skill to use between his autoaatacks, maybe make Holy Strike or any reasonable skill based on cps like in s/m where for mage dmg it counts from cps not dps?

edit:

and maybe some kind of passive which would make magical 2h sword more usefull?

• I would suggest making a rogue mdps and a champion mdps class as these are the only main classes that dont have real mdps options.

To make it even the pdps players can have all warlock classes, because those are useless in rofl anyway by comparisson at least.

~kind regards Noodlez

• I think it would be a good idea to make a mage rogue under a physical dps, as well as a scout mage under a physical class. Leather eq is currently very neglected in terms of playability.

Also, it would be nice to see s / wl as a dark physical dps.

• I only want to say thanks for hearing what the community say in forum. i like this balancing at this patch for dr/wl you did good. ty for that, but dr/wl still need a little boost pls add more critical rate passiv or with a skill, then the class can maybe do similar dmg like the best classes. but why you pushed again classes that already the best dps classes like the rogues, the mage/knight, ch/wl. i dont understand that. the word balancing doesnt mean this. The word mean that every dpsclass do similar dmg. So maybe push the lower dps classes first and dont boost the best dps classes. that makes no sense.

• hi its hard to say but i think rouge / warden is a little overperforming now // I think if you reduce the skill (ID: 499547) from 12% to 10% it would be better

thx and see you

Greetings Luciaa

• i its hard to say but i think rouge / warden is a little overperforming now // I think if you reduce the skill (ID: 499547) from 12% to 10% it would be better

thx and see you

Greetings Luciaa

Right now I think it is well balanced and lowering it with currently other stronger connections would be a mistake.