Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• Since the previous post was long and on a slightly different topic, let me make a new post.

I would like to raise the issue of the blood arrow. A blood arrow is an inseparable element of every scout. I know a lot of people who hate this idea, and I hate it myself. I'd love to play a scout, but all I need is a moment of communing with the blood arrow and I immediately change the class.

This is due to the fact that the blood arrow significantly disrupts the gameplay and makes you addicted to heal, and these can be better and worse. The problem is especially when dealing with a weak heal at random. This can lead to frustration.

I haven't played a scout much for the above-mentioned reasons so if I'm wrong correct me.

The blood arrow used to be a 30-second boost every 5 minutes and then perhaps in this form it was quite acceptable. Due to the balance, where the scouts was too weak, it was decided to leave them blood arrow damage all the time so that they could match the others. In my opinion, a cardinal mistake has been made here. Since it went back, on which you ran for 10% of the gameplay, it was extended to 100%, the resulting dot should be adjusted.

Please adjust the blood arrow in such a way that it does not have such an unpleasant effect on the gameplay. I will not throw ideas here because we have several classes with a blood arrow that works much better. For example, the idea that the blood arrow does not inflict damage but increases the received.

It makes the most sense. What is the idea of a blood arrow about? Scout sprinkles blood on his arrows before firing a shot? It's stupid, the more that you don't get damage when you shoot. For me, the idea that a scout hits from a distance and takes more damage when he gets too close to monsters is the most logical option.

I insist once again, adjust the blood arrow system <3

• I you nerf classes to same level and need 5-6 hours again it will let the prices for goldengear explode again. if the ini is so much harder to clear again people cant run it random. I still think its better to boost classes on same level and create a new customini that is hard to clear on that level. Much harder than rofl. im not afraid of teamplay in guild but in randomparties and its not fair to make rofl so strong again. people could already farm the goldengear easier than people who doing it after classes get nerfed then. makes no sense. everyone of the hardmode inis like dl or hos were easier to clear than the other custominis thats not so bad too. they sometimes added hard inis and they sometimes added easy inis. But i think there is one point what you think about too. its hard to make dias with a high end guild if anyone can clear this ini easy. you cant make a lot of dias then cause ppl can easy undersell. i can understand too if you want a challenge but we should wait for the next customini. i think it will be hard to clear like rofl again.

• I you nerf classes to same level and need 5-6 hours again it will let the prices for goldengear explode again. if the ini is so much harder to clear again people cant run it random. I still think its better to boost classes on same level and create a new customini that is hard to clear on that level. Much harder than rofl. im not afraid of teamplay in guild but in randomparties and its not fair to make rofl so strong again. people could already farm the goldengear easier than people who doing it after classes get nerfed then. makes no sense. everyone of the hardmode inis like dl or hos were easier to clear than the other custominis thats not so bad too. they sometimes added hard inis and they sometimes added easy inis. But i think there is one point what you think about too. its hard to make dias with a high end guild if anyone can clear this ini easy. you cant make a lot of dias then cause ppl can easy undersell. i can understand too if you want a challenge but we should wait for the next customini. i think it will be hard to clear like rofl again.

I see that you totally misunderstood me.

• I got an idea to dont make ppl mad if you balancing classes. Only buff classes dont nerf classes. you nerfed a lot and we got enough nerfes. so only buff classes till they do SIMILAR dmg like the best classes atm (r/ch). dont boost them more then r/ch. try to balance them to the same aoe and burstlevel. people wont loose dias cause they need to build new gear if you only boost a little bit and we can play every classcombination all the time. that should be great. People only will be happy and wont get mad cause there is no reason to be mad.

Didn't know that r/ch can wear chain or do damage with mdps gear. strange. guess I need to test

I you nerf classes to same level and need 5-6 hours again it will let the prices for goldengear explode again. if the ini is so much harder to clear again people cant run it random. I still think its better to boost classes on same level and create a new customini that is hard to clear on that level. Much harder than rofl. im not afraid of teamplay in guild but in randomparties and its not fair to make rofl so strong again. people could already farm the goldengear easier than people who doing it after classes get nerfed then. makes no sense

Before all the balancing started, the classes were much weaker than now, you had much less support (classes, music which isnt raid music and so on). Right now, you can clear rofl in 1 hour with a full gorge equipped raid. I don't know what you think about 5-6 hours if all classes do the same "low" damage like the weakest one, but tanks are not supposed to do a damage dealer. All other classes, even the weakest one, is more than enough for rofl. Rofl is even easier than gorge btw

• I disagree.

I play since open beta, originally the blood arrow was a ongoing effect that you could turn on and off as situation allows it. It triggered a global cooldown, but had no cooldown or runtime itself.

I prefer it this way.

I disliked it when they buffed the bloodarrow, but gave it a 2 mins cooldown (it changes alot during the years), but i never saw it like an ulti skill with cooldown.

So like it is today, i think its pretty okay

• Perhaps I do not have knowledge as far as you are. However, I remember times when it was not such a difficulty. I also think that the number of people not playing with blood arrow calls may indicate that this is not a well-liked system.

• Perhaps I do not have knowledge as far as you are. However, I remember times when it was not such a difficulty. I also think that the number of people not playing with blood arrow calls may indicate that this is not a well-liked system.

I can only speak from scout as a secondary class, but I must honestly say that any DPS or Tank for that matter feels kinda bad to use with the blood arrow. The classes are over-reliant on it. Reworking the blood arrow would definitely make for a more interesting scout, as the current one is pretty boring. That being said, this is just my opinion. I would like to see a change but it is not as important as other matters right now.

• Ich verstehe zwar nicht warum das Thema Blutpfeil auf einmal so aktuell wichtig ist, aber als Kundschafter/Druide bin ich auf diesen Skill angewiesen. Um aber die Belastung für die Heilerklassen etwas zu reduzieren habe ich ein einfaches Makro um den Blutpfeil sofort abzuschalten wenn er nicht benötigt wird. Nachteil ist aber, dass ich ihn dann 10 Sekunden nicht mehr verwenden kann. So ist in Rofl vom Start bis zum 1.Boss der Blutpfeil durchgehend an. Wenn es mal mit der Heilung Probleme gibt (was sehr selten vorkommt) wird gegengepottet. Aber wenn es andere Möglichkeiten gibt, sollte man das auch bedenken. Auf einen neuen Nerf der Kundschafterklassen habe ich allerdings keinen Bock mehr.

I don't understand why the topic of blood arrow is suddenly so important, but as a scout / druid I rely on this skill. But to reduce the burden on the healer classes a bit, I have a simple macro to switch off the blood arrow immediately when it is not needed. The disadvantage is that I can no longer use it for 10 seconds. In Rofl, the blood arrow is on continuously from the start to the 1st boss. If there are problems with the healing (which is very rare) it is counter-potted. But if there are other options, consider that too. I'm tired of a new scout class nerf.

• Managing Blood Arrow-type abilities should be a skill that a player develops when playing a class. At least you have to look at the screen when playing the game with a class that uses this skill.

• Throwing in my 2 cents here .

I think Blood Arrow is fine as it is now and with the current Heal Meta you will never fall under 95% HP 99,3% of the time when running InI .

I cant think of any real disadvantage you have when using the Blood Arrow , except maybe when u do solo stuff xD

Greetings

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

Managing Blood Arrow-type abilities should be a skill that a player develops when playing a class. At least you have to look at the screen when playing the game with a class that uses this skill.

And that's the definition of a scout? Thanks but no.

Maybe let's add a blood arrow to all mages? Let them upgrade their skills.

I totally don't like the idea of my character being attached and addicted to the heal. It doesn't matter how strong the heal is.

• Then make blood arrow effect passive, but remove the HP drain, and add 20% receive more damage from monster or so

This is my postulate :)

I believe that if someone likes this class, this change will not reject him from it, and it may make the class gain popularity and be more liked by players.

• Managing Blood Arrow-type abilities should be a skill that a player develops when playing a class. At least you have to look at the screen when playing the game with a class that uses this skill.

And that's the definition of a scout? Thanks but no.

Maybe let's add a blood arrow to all mages? Let them upgrade their skills.

I totally don't like the idea of my character being attached and addicted to the heal. It doesn't matter how strong the heal is.

Could you please leave the mages out of all your leather proposals? Would be really nice for a change.

The most powerfull and used mages are probably mage/scout and mage/rogue and both have perma bleed... ^^

I don't understand this sudden huge effort to change blood arrow. Many classes have it (not only main scouts) and there are other bleeds in the game. Not a disadvantage in any raid.

• I don't understand this sudden huge effort to change blood arrow. Many classes have it (not only main scouts) and there are other bleeds in the game. Not a disadvantage in any raid.

Blood arrow is just something you need to get used to. It's good as it is. I can see how putting trust in other people might be hard for other people. Champions have a mini-blood arrow mechanic, warrior/champ uses it's own life to attack and the above mentioned classes have a bleed. They don't need a rework either.

• It makes me very sad that when I say anything about mage, a storm breaks out and attacks are going towards me, that I don't like mage to get away from them. It's very sad.

To answer once, the world is black and white, it's not that there are mages and those who don't like mage's, there are shades of gray in the world. You can follow my posts and find posts in which I commented on too much power of the rogue's combinations, I remember the topics r/wd, r/w, r/ch. I do not remember that in those days anyone wrote that I do not like rogues.

I would very much like the discussion here to be more factual and not boil down to arguments that someone does not like someone. Since a few people (including mages) have written that such a mage/scout is the most powerful/one of the most powerful mages, shouldn't some information follow? For example "nerf mage/scout" or "boost another, weaker mage"? After all, the idea of balance was that everyone could play what they liked and beat comparably.

And you play with this mage because he has a blood arrow and it's great and you love it? Are you playing a mage who has a blood arrow because he is the most powerful mage?

I don't understand this sudden huge effort to change blood arrow. Many classes have it (not only main scouts) and there are other bleeds in the game. Not a disadvantage in any raid.

Blood arrow is just something you need to get used to. It's good as it is. I can see how putting trust in other people might be hard for other people. Champions have a mini-blood arrow mechanic, warrior/champ uses it's own life to attack and the above mentioned classes have a bleed. They don't need a rework either.

In my opinion, the idea of where you lose your life when you perform a specific activity is much more honest than the idea that you are losing your life standing

Blood Arow is good as it is, if you want to try solo whit scouts , try s/ch :)

I would prefer a situation where most combinations don't have a blood arrow and one s/ch has it.

Referring to the fact that some chain or cloth classes have a blood arrow. I would like to note that there is a difference when you have 26/27 classes to choose from and 3-4 have a Blood Arrow and a situation where you have 17 classes and 8 have a Blood Arrow.

• From "lets remove blood arrow on scouts" to "lets add blood arrow to all mages". Your words, not mine. When there is something you don't like, you instantly change into, why mages don't have this bad thing too? I don't hate you, I used to agree with you months ago on many posts but idk whats wrong with you lately that u can't focus on your own classes. Doesn't matter what the subject is, mage will always appear on ur post.

I think its time to do math again because you keep saying "26/27" classes. We are talking about dps here, not supports, not healers and not tanks. Mages does NOT have 26 dps.

-Mages: 8 mdps, 1 support.

-Warlocks: 5 mdps, 1 support, 2 support/heal (mostly useless), 1 tank.

-Warden: 1 mdps

-Scout: 2 mdps.

-Priest: 1 mdps (assuming we can call this "dps")

-Druid: 2 mdps

If we count the 3 healers combinations used as dps we have 19. You see? not so far from your 17 right? 16 without s/p I imagine?

Something you also never say: chain classes CAN use leather. Ive seen leather geared people using chain classes doing exact same dmg than using chain gear. Yes, we tested this. Guess the option to tank as champions or even to sup/heal is also there as any other chain could do. Many options for leathers too tho, using only 1 gear :)

About m/s. People use it because is the strongest? because they like it? who cares. Point is, they use it and blood arrow isn't a problem to any of them. Why would it be a problem for scouts? I didn't see any complains either when s/d was broken or with s/wd, etc. for those people blood arrow was just fine I imagine.

As you see, people can disagree with your propossal and that is not hate.

• Something you also never say: chain classes CAN use leather. Ive seen leather geared people using chain classes doing exact same dmg than using chain gear

That is not possible because dex is useless on chain classes and give exactly 0 p-atk. for example 3-3 dex-str leather gear is maybe the same effective like full gorge str gear (I had this exactly gears, full golden leather and full gorge chain. I even think the gorge gear is minimal better)

Furthermore if you want this specific, leather classes have also 2 tanks r/k and s/k. S/P is in my opinion a dps and not a supp. Btw which mage is a supp? I hope you don't count m/wrl as a supp :D

But all in all the gap between the leather classes is big. look for example a r/wrd and a r/d. it's kinda you need 2 r/d to do the same like a r/wrd ^^. Don't know if it is the same with other classes

• Now we are talking :)

Straightening my "add bloody for mage", I did not like that someone who scout does not want to play and has no problem with blood wrote "blood arrow is okey". But let's put that aside, let's get back to the talk.

If you ask what frustrates me is balance, just balance, I used to be frustrated by the balance of rogues, now I am frustrated by the balance of mages, so in the topic of balance, thinking that mages are too strong (they are not op, but are noticeably stronger) I mention in my statements for magicians. I don't think it's a bad thing.

About maths. I do not have cloth so my information may be incomplete, in the first post on this topic I marked it: "please correct me if I am wrong".

Referring directly to your calculations...

I checked my post quickly. I did not list the heal, tank, support or dps separately, but I was talking about the rational possibilities of playing, so I also counted tanks and heals for this calculation. As for the rogues, I counted the r/k.

According to my calculations, the clothes look like this:

Warrior - 1 (w/m)

Scout - 2 (s/w s/wrl)

Rogue - 0

Mage - 9

Priest - 1? (im not sure p/s?)

Knight - 1 (k/m)

Warden - 1 (wd/d)

Druid - 3 (im not sure too, d/r d/m d/wrl)

Warlock - 8

That is my "26", If I made a mistake correct me.

Okay, I never said chain could play the rogue/warden so I say it. Chain can play the rogue/warden, it's a scandal. Although here the leather looks better (not like a scout/mage). I am not able to believe that on leather eq (4 dex, 2 str) you can make the same dmg as on chain eq (5 str + sta/str), and if it is possible it is a matrix error and it should be changed.

As for m/s, of course it is important, because if the player has the strongest combination, you can turn a blind eye to additional problems such as blood arrow. Besides, how many scouts do you see? I am few. I think there is a reason why the rogue class is much more popular than the scout on the leather eq.

Edit:

All this, taking into account the chain eq, confirms my belief that the rogue's needs rebuilding and some information from the developers would be useful here.

• There is very little reaction and words from the creators of the balance. It would be much better for everyone if they got active here.

EDIT:
    Additionally, I would like to ask you to share the planned changes with players. I think it was a very good thing, I have refreshed the page many times myself to look for new news. Please come back to that.

• As for magic classes, leather equipment has no approach to magicians.

M / K has a heavily exaggerated aoe, with a decent single target. He proposes to reduce each aoe by 15%.

S / M skill ID 1491049 Flame Arrows - add physical weapon damage instead of fire damage

ranged.

I would like to see M / S as a physical DPS and not as a magic op - I am in favor of rebuilding this connection.

M / WD increase reduction 2 spells - currently too strong.

M / R I would lower the value of the ID 490217 skill to 11%.

I am asking Grox and Byte to comment on the balance whether it will be continued or we are just abandoning the rest of the connections in favor of the mage.