Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• Warlock/Warrior

according to what's written here, every time I use one of these

when I use any of these abilities the countdown to this skill will be reset..

but dosent work any time or maybe have to rotioan for reseted and i dont know :)

Greethings :)

• You have a 50% chance that the cooldown is resetted.

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

Edited once, last by Laisha ().

• Regarding Ch/S:

Ch/S has become somewhat a favorite of mine, due to being a ranged/melee hybrid with pretty creative elite skills.

However, Pulsing Shot's recoil is the reason I rather play another, less interesting class.

Being pushed into traps, stuck in textures, or my personal favorite: pushed back and then rooted just isn't fun. In most situations the class is better off not using Pulsing Shot in trashfights, especially in fast groups.

Please remove the recoil effect. If you should feel the need for compensation for this change you can always remove the additional hit.

• Hey ^^

Is there any news from an Offical what is planned/going on with the Class Balancig ?

Last Balancing Done was on 18th of July and since then there was nothing . This Thread is not closed , there wasnt any offical announcement and we still have the conversion ( stam ->wis) buff for healer that was introduced with the Balancing.

An update of any kind would be Greatly appreciated from me and i think also many other Players .

Greetings

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

Edited once, last by Cruvor ().

• Official Post

This is just a delay which is due to intensity of other parts of game development, however there is no ETA for next class balance content for now.

Greetings

• Ok . Thank you for the Update

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

• Druid/Scout "Camellia Flower" (499954)

From what I observe there are only a few players that actually play this class. While I like this class very much I think overall it just is bad compared to e.g. Druid/Priest. While both classes have some type of "Healing Arrow", Druid/Priest can instantly cast Regernate + Blossoming Life, so 2 hots, no gcd, with a range of 180 that heal the whole raid for 20sec, while Camellia Flower needs to be stacked to 3, every cast triggers a gcd, Range of 75 AND the hot lastst only 6sec.

So my proposition is that you change the duration of Camellia Flower to 15sec. While its true that this hot is higher, compared to Regenerate + Blossoming Life, the later mentioned is more than enough for every dps which makes this class combination just better overall cause it's just a pain to uphold Camellia Flower if there's a better comb that can do the same without having to try.

With the change mentioned above, maybe this class would be a little more atractive.

Greetings.

• I would say p/d and d/p with those Regenerate + Blossoming Life together is just insane. Checking scrutis ive seen people doing 50% of their whole run healing only clicking that skill once every 20s xD. For me d/s is fine even without camelia (is true is a bit sad and waste of time in most ocassions) is still a really nice heal. I would propose to nerf the Regenerate + Blossoming Life combo but ye, I don't want all healers in server hating me so... ^^

• While i do believe that the "Regenerate + Blossoming Life combo" needs a nerf,

I also like to see other types of buffs for the other healing classes like:

For example that each stack of D/S "Camellia Flower" also gives the target 1% PAtt & MAtt to make the class more attractive

Same could be done also for the P/CH "Healing Diamond Light" also gives the target 4% PAtt & MAtt

Or D/WD "Healing Ripple" also makes (up to 3) targets 1 second immune for a new fear effect (does not removes already existing fear effects)

Well, i think you get the idea :):thumbup:

• Greetings,
    While I go along with making other healer classes more attractive, I wouldn't do it with buffs in my opinion.

There is a reason why 80% maybe even 90% of all healer in this server play D/P, D/S, D/M, P/S or P/D and that's because of the abnormal high HoTs the classes have in addition to their good support and I would propose to nerf the overall heal from (mostly) HoTs.

While I agree with that the Camellia Flower is not worth to use in comparison to other classes I would only give it a higher range but lower the healing output of it.

As it is currently, you do with classes like them about 400k+ healing every second just with HoTs which is, in my opinion, one of the most broken things in game at the moment.
    I know rofl is currently for no role a challenge but the fact that you can heal a complete raid solo throughout the whole run only with HoTs is just messed up.

At the same time you have other classes that are healing too much in other aspects than HoTs. For example the P/WD pet heals so much that you have nothing much to do yourself because your pet can almost heal everything alone. Other classes have some great heal output that comes with good teamplay. I.e. the P/CH "Healing Diamond Light" can be even permanently active if you actually try to and the other healer gives you mana on cooldown which lets this class be a very strong healer too.

I would suggest to make other healer combinations more attractive I would:
    - Fix some bugs, which got reported months ago, for the i.e. D/K or D/CH which would let them be played more smoothly and fluently (and more often) or

- look at older combinations which haven't really changed since the beginning i.e. P/M or P/R and make them playable. Both of my examples have heal & dps elite-skills.
    The P/S got already changed to be a decent dps to the great healer he can play and I think reworking older combinations would expand the variety of healers you see right now a lot.

Kind Regards
    Nghty

• Yea I agree with you that the healing output is way to much.

At the moment healer classes are so boring to play, there is no active game play, only press skill X every Y seconds for 99.9% of the content.

I don't know how other players feel about this, but for me to play a class, that i can put on follow on the tank and start a macro that cast every 20 seconds 1 or 2 skills, would make me feel as human that doesn't need to accomplish anything, not a valuable part of the team since anybody could do that, completely without challenge.., without fun.

Maybe a good solution would be to reduce the overall healing output with (for example) 70% and then fine tune individual skills.
    This would make skills that reduce damage and skills that can absorb damage useful and maybe even attractive as a supplementary healing style.

Maybe go crazy and create a healer class based on damage reduction and absorption.

It would be just so much cooler to have raids where you need at least 3 healers, preferable all 3 with different skill sets where the healing role exists from actively using skills that do: heals, damage reduction, damage absorption, cleans, immune, etc.

Then it would matter again if someone is a good healer or an average healer (on equal gear).

Well, i think you get the idea, lets make this great game awesome again! :):thumbup:

• You guys should also take care about lowgame/midgame heal output. In such cases, for example only with tikal gear and stats, the heal amount is really low and it is not as easy to heal inferno with that.

My suggestion for new instances in future is, that the healers will get a virtual decrease of heal bonus in future instances (the higher the instance, the higher the decrease). That will decrease the heal output, forces also healers to do new gear (right now it is usable maybe for next 20 years) and let lowgame/midgame player/eq in low/midgame instances heal enough to play there.

• Hey I was brainstorming a bit with your idea,

For me, when I'm brainstorming what could be options, one of my leading perspective is that:

1. a raid full of players with gear and stats from the current instances should not have a really hard time to do the current instances
    2. a raid full of players with gear and stats from the previous instances should have a hard time to do the current instances
    3. a raid full of players with gear and stats from earlier then the previous instances.., well you can't expect them to clear the current instances

Thus for example:

when there are players that are level 95,

and they want to do a level 95 instance,

but there gear and stats is not higher then that of the level 90 instance...

It would not be fair to expect them to clear the level 95 instance.

While I do not know the situation of the player base on the server that are lower/midgame based and I don't know how hard it is to heal Inferno with only Tikal gear..,

I do think they already have a easy (and within reach) option to increase there heals with better gear.

For me personally one of the the purposes of ideas that were brought up was to make the healer classes more interesting and versatile. To let the player have the idea that what they do matters.

I know, everybody want there favorite combo to be OP, but when that combo is that OP that it only have to look at the boss to kill it.., then the game becomes boring and people quit/take a brake.

If playing this game doesn't give any challenge, then there also won't be any adrenaline rush.

But everybody has there own reasons/preferences why they play this game and that's ok ;)

• Those ideas that anything depend on level of item or stats on item would never work for a realistic amount of time of DEV. What will you count? Any item that have a minimum level? one is needed? all items with a specific level? there are also green and blue items with such a level which are worse than for example 20 level lower purple items ^^. Same for stats. 1 stat per item? all stats on item? -> not possible for classes and so on.

I tested healing inferno with tikal like gear several months ago. It was really hard. The heal amount is really really low. Yes, it was possible, but not easy. And if you now decrease the healing again, lower players cannot heal such instances anymore, get depressed and quit. Or they are forced to buy way better gear (that is not supposed to be used for their instances), get depressed and quit.

• I didn't know where to put this msg, please move if it is necessary.

I was checking new Ocean's set in charplan and Im really disappointed. Tank pieces are still only for physical tanks even tho since balance (almost a year ago) we have magical tanks. New custom ini (replacing rofl in some months) will also not have magical tank sets? Please reconsider this direction, items should be adapted to the game in 2021 and not to the classes we had 10 years ago.

Regards.

• I didn't know where to put this msg, please move if it is necessary.

I was checking new Ocean's set in charplan and Im really disappointed. Tank pieces are still only for physical tanks even tho since balance (almost a year ago) we have magical tanks. New custom ini (replacing rofl in some months) will also not have magical tank sets? Please reconsider this direction, items should be adapted to the game in 2021 and not to the classes we had 10 years ago.

Regards.

It has All attributes bonus and dmg reduction, right? It's just about the crit damage I guess, but for me that doesn't really matter. Already got my original physical tank jewelry set on my warlock tank, so the ocean set will fit in, too. But yea, maybe one could consider adding both magical and physical critical damage on those rings. :/

Changed the title of the thread from “Patch 10.2.1.1000 - Masked Festival, Class Balance feedback” to “[Feedback] Patch 10.2.1.1000 - Masked Festival, Class Balance”.
  • I would like to share my feelings about several classes.

1) M/s on slow runs its too strong, we need in guild fast run to try compare dps

2) Magical s/m is much stronger than physical, moreover, it is generally too strong, since it only had 1-2 patches, I will not believe anyone that after such a short time it is well balanced

3) W/d is in my feelings bit too strong on aoe

4) R/k now is only tank, on leather gear we don't have much dps classes (especially without blood arrow) and the fact that now only the tank makes me sad, please let him do dps without tank transformation

• In addition, I would like to make a more serious point.

I have always felt that I have few options on leather equipment. I was hoping that the class balance would change a lot, then came a patch adding elites for a so far unique combination (s/wrl etc.). Unfortunately, it did not change much, or even deepened the feeling.

Today I sat down to it, wrote down all the connections and if I haven't made a mistake somewhere, everything looks like this:

Leather: 17 options

Chain: 27 options

Mage: 26 options

And I must admit that it amazed me. As far as I understand that chain eq has many options (basically 3 classes). I totally don't understand why mages with 2 base classes (same as on leather eq) have 9 more options than me.

Both me and my guild mates (rogues) feel very discriminated against by this fact. We do not understand why such s/wrl became a magician, why the magician got access to s/m.

We would love to have a choice like magicians. I would like to play on my leather gear (I'm talking about rational playing) a warrior, druid, mage !!!, champion or warden.

I am asking the administration for feedback on this matter because I consider it shameful.

Perhaps Lutine is right to write:

CoA - Cloth of Arcadia

• All your comments today are to hate mages... :|

• I don't hate mage mate.

I just don't understand why, with the same number of base classes, they have so many more options. Not only that, I am not saying to take them away, I am saying to add option for leather gear. Maybe create classes like s/m? For two eq (leather+cloth).

As for balance, and I think the magic version of the s/m class is stronger than the physical one, is that hate?

As for m/s, I just wrote that in my opinion it is too strong on slow runs, I did not even write that OVERALL is too strong. Or that mages are too strong and nerf mages. I do not see any hate here, if you see it, please prove it to me or apologize to me for wrongful accusations.

Finally, I would like to add that bringing someone's relatively large feedback to one sentence "you hate magicians" is not very professional, sad and doesn't encourage speaking to the forum.

• Many edits :)

-I just don't understand why, with the same number of base classes, they have so many more options

I don't think checking the number of "base" classes should be the way here. We should use the total number of usable classes.

-Maybe create classes like s/m? For two eq (leather+cloth)

Im ok with that. I liked a lot how they created s/m, didn't even expect that was possible.

-I think the magic version of the s/m class is stronger than the physical one

I agree.

-As for m/s, I just wrote that in my opinion it is too strong on slow runs, I did not even write that OVERALL is too strong

Sustained dmg is the main reason of this class (and many mages) if you nerf that then you might need to push its burst and balance would need to start again.

- Or that mages are too strong and nerf mages. I do not see any hate here, if you see it, please prove it to me or apologize to me for wrongful accusations.

I don't need to apologize. Chains can dps, sup, tank and even heal (using only 1 gear). They have the same number of classes as mdps (even 1 more according to your calculations) but you still turn your whole history in "mages aren't fair" and you did that in literally 5 moments of your short post. You should focus on leathers having less playable classes than chains and mages without accusing mages of anything (according to you for chain is fair). Don't take me wrong, I think leathers should have more classes, same as I think they had to change the 3+3 into full dexterity gear but still, mages aren't the evil here. Didn't see any complains on a rogue being used by chain gear tho :)

About this whole thread and balance. I trully think we are typing here but not for now, only for the future. They made clear that can't continue with balance atm because have other things to do. With next custom ini whole balance will need to start over. Sustained classes will be op (add m/s here) and burst classes will be sad and thats normal. Another year of changes every week must come soon. :P