Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• Yes, raid rune is the problem. The rune itself barely increases the dmg, almost no dif with or without rune in dmg (ub). With lute + stim + rune, cc hit is 11.9kk, same buffs without rune is 8.9kk. So I really think rune only work once you reach enough buffs, as sustained dmg is useless (another reason to change into cast speed, it works differently, all buffs count and not only when you are full buffed).

Talking about Increased Beast Awakening wand attack speed scaling by 10%:

This change doesn't affect the rune as I said earlier. My dmg ub (just rune in, no buffs or pet) was 5.686kk with cc, after the patch and that increase is still same 5.686kk. It starts increasing the dmg with rest of buffs, summoning pet is 6.259kk before patch to 6.316kk after.

• Official Post

It is a fix for an issue that was reducing your damage when your cast speed hits to 0.5 cap. When this happens you were experiencing 2x damage multiplier instead of 6x.

Greetings

What % cast speed do we need to reach that "0.5s cap"?

You can check it with any spell that has 3 seconds of casting time. Since cast speed effects aren't stacking linearly, I couldn't tell exact value for each cast speed effects, but in total you need around 83% total cast speed to reach this limit. (This value isn't the same value as in character frame as long as you do not get 83% cast speed from single effect.)

Greetings

• latest changes on wd/wl:

I did 3 runs on wd/wl and with the changes sustained is improved although burst got down, but overall i think class is now solid and can keep up with others more or less, so thank you! The change of Power of the Wood Spirit - i initially thought its not that important, but it is actually awesome quality of life change, very nice!

Now to fix wd/w :D

• Did few runs with druid/warlock. Last changes improved a bit the single sustained dmg in mobs, now isn't that disaster as it was before. Aoe and single bursts? Terrible.

Burst aoe: I really think the 24% aoe nerf in Focus of Mother Nature was not necessary. Sandstorm already got a 20% nerf in the skill. Also please increase the radious of sandstorm, 40 is trully low, all classes have like 60, 80 or even 100.

Burst single: To fix this problem I think toxic arrow dmg should be increased, right now 2s cast earth arrow is doing same dmg as 3s one, even with poison nature doing crit, we cant keep up with any other dps burst. If it doesn't do crit or boss go inmune, we just go to a corner and cry ;(

Dmg reduction of this class skill should be increased from 80 to 83-85 and see how that goes, I need almost perma unicorn, good hp rela, hp 1h scrolls and w/p in party to not die one hit from a plant xD

• Agree. Aoe and burst dmg are a nightmare, even compared to classes that don't have that much of a burst.

While I agree that 90% damage reduction was a bit to much, I also think you should increase the damage reduction to 85% because you really are paper otherwise.

Warden/Druid.

Well, I don't know what happened with the latest patch, but I deal the same, maybe even slightly less, damage than I did before the "buff". As mentioned in previous posts, it seems something is wrong with the attack speed to damage formula. At least thats the only explenation I have for why different attack speed values (25% and 20% e.g.) increase the damage of your skills differently (26,5% and 18%, e.g).

That beiing said ,what other Wardens mentioned already, the change of Power of the Wood Spirits is really nice, as well as the gcd removal on the other skills so thanks a lot for that!

Edit:

Changed Power of the Oak to additionally affect Oak Walker, when Power of the Oak is active, your Oak Walker will use Sepal Stab for every damage you inflict with an offensive skill.

Although I really like this change, maybe do something about the Energy Cost of Sepal Stab (while Power of the Oak is active), because right now your Oak Walker already runs out of Energy pretty fast and if this is triggered every time, he will be out of energy before you even start to deal damage.

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

Edited 3 times, last by Laisha ().

• S/Wl

I played scout/warlock today in rofl. Dmg is pretty fine I think, both aoe and single, but the focus sustain is as bad as at start of this class. I used more universal potions than ever before and had to wait for like 10s in the final boss fight for my cooldown, because there is not even one skill that doesn't cost focus and could be used as a filler. Idk how, but it "feels" like proccing for like 10% or something. :/ I'm not really used to play dps in rofl, but this is my personal feeling about it. ;)

So please, either give us an adapted joint blow (with less dmg than physical ofc, maybe just like shot or something) or vamp arrows and remove the focus cost from it or buff the elemental discipline a bit again.

Even without detection my focus sustain was pretty bad in trash and I really don't wanna miss that buff between traps. :|

K/Ch

(Yay, finally a tank stating some points in this process :))

Now I'm playing knight/champ for a really long time in all instances and I'm a huge fan of this class. It has everything I need, support, burst aggro, good utility and stuff. I really appreciate this class, feels like a knight/warrior's dreams became true. <3:love:

Only thing I'm missing is an anti-stun or anti-fear skill. Maybe you could change the "Heroic Roar" to something like that, because that skill I never needed so far. Even since the taunt doesn't even increase aggro by percentage, it can't be used effectively to increase aggro in burst. Also knight got a useful item set skill as aoe taunt as well, so this is not needed at all as it is. :/

Bug (?): "Electrocution Chain" doesn't pull enemies to me, it just stuns mobs at the current positions.

Thanks to the Dev's who really do a great job for tanks, K/D is also very well designed and fun to play. :thumbup:

• Do you have/use the "Soul Raider" ISS. With that you almost never have any focus problems (unless you use Detection AND target area at the same time). I think this class is still really strong. The only thing I suggest is that you increase Elemental discipline to 100% or something like that agaian because this skill is really bad atm.

Greetings.

• Do you have/use the "Soul Raider" ISS. With that you almost never have any focus problems (unless you use Detection AND target area at the same time). I think this class is still really strong. The only thing I suggest is that you increase Elemental discipline to 100% or something like that agaian because this skill is really bad atm.

Greetings.

Yep i got that, maybe I got bad timing on moving or such, but it just felt pretty bad in terms of focus sustain. Dps was good, not op anymore, but decent. Well 100% might be a bit too high, but 50% chance for 30 points might be the way I think.

• Bug (?): "Electrocution Chain" doesn't pull enemies to me, it just stuns mobs at the current positions.

Same with Ch/Wl AoE, stunned mobs can't be pulled.

I have mentioned this multiple times, that those skills designs are absolutly failed after they changed pull effects to actually being a charge performed by affected enemies. As stunned/rooted units cant charge, its just useless.

Also have I never understood why this change was made in the first place, as it only makes things more complicated.

Repeated questions what the purpose of this change might be, are still waiting for answers... :/

Cheers!

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• Heyo ,

about

• Fixed ranged weapons weren’t losing durability as they were intended at previous patch.

Would it be possible to change this ? Lutine and me Tested this in rofl and we lost both around 110-120 Dura points without dying (on our Bows) in one Run. In comparison our tank lost around 14 points in the whole run(As it looks like Ranged weapons loose dura when offensive Skills hit mobs, other classes/weapons only when white hits are done). In the end we both have enough Golden Hammers to counter that for quite a while but thinking about newer players they will probably run out of Hammers if they run ini frequently .

Greetings

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

Edited 4 times, last by Cruvor ().

• I think the functionality of stacking the trash is quite useful. Many classes have very limited ranged aoe's that require stacked mobs. So I would appreciate to remove the stun of Electrocution Chain (at least this skill, maybe also the champ one if it makes sense, which I can't estimate?) in order to just pull the mobs instead, because the actual pull is much more viable than an additional stun, even since there is already a viable stun for Knight/Champ available which hits most units with the correct positioning.

• I think the functionality of stacking the trash is quite useful. Many classes have very limited ranged aoe's that require stacked mobs. So I would appreciate to remove the stun of Electrocution Chain (at least this skill, maybe also the champ one if it makes sense, which I can't estimate?) in order to just pull the mobs instead, because the actual pull is much more viable than an additional stun, even since there is already a viable stun for Knight/Champ available which hits most units with the correct positioning.

I would much more prefer the implementation of the "old" Blast of Remorse pull & stun (for both skills), which worked just fine.

But I agree, the stacking component is the part that matters the most.

• Warlock/Rogue

Is it intended that the extra damage from "Crime and Punishment" (498700) is cappes at 3 stacks? Because for 3 "extra states", no matter which or who they applied, the damage is increased by 25% but beyond that nothing happens and the damage stays the same. If this is intended maybe clarify that in the skill description because at the moment it sounds like there is no maximum amount of additional states.

Also what I wanted to adress for Warlocks in general is the non-existend aoe damage. Although the aoe damage got a bit buffed with Soul Crusher changes, it'S still really low. Soul Crusher deals half the damage of "Beat's Roar" and Beast's Roar itself doesn't deal much damage. So maybe consider buffing those skills (or the aoe damage in any other way).

Greetings.

Edited once, last by Laisha ().

• Also what I wanted to adress for Warlocks in general is the non-existend aoe damage. Although the aoe damage got a bit buffed with Soul Crusher changes, it'S still really low. Soul Crusher deals half the damage of "Beat's Roar" and Beast's Roar itself doesn't deal much damage. So maybe consider buffing those skills

Agree, that would be helpful

• Few comments on ch/s:

1) The focus issue is largely solved, some management is required so its not care free, but overall it works reasonably well now, thank you!

2) Crippling shot - 0.5 s cast but if you move it gets cancelled, since champ needs to be close combat I suggest you either make this skill instant (no real reason for it to be 0.5 s cast tbh) or change it so if you move the cast is not interrupted, otherwise it is very annoying sometimes as i close down and it keeps trying to cast it

3) Pulsing shot - main aoe, but has 10s cd + only limited to 1+4 targets - I suggest to decrease cd to 8 s + increase number of targets to 1+ 5 - so total is 6.

4) some option to replenish hp would be really nice - especially when you get 5% hp BA dot and 3% hp shadowforge's rage dot - perhaps consider adding to either fearless shot or crippling shot to restore some hp on hit;

5) I mentioned before BA + shadowforge's rage dot is 8% combined, which is alot - please perhaps consider making BA 3% (or have a skill option that we can use that replenishes some hp during the shadowforge)

6) Mechanical storm - the placing is same as Imprisonment Pulse and with trees and all it often fails; as a quality of life change and given both aoes require same placing mechanics please consider just changing the Mechanical Storm to do same aoe dps with same range but around the user, for example similar to wd frantic briar

In terms of the performance still need to test more - after one run it looked like burst is not great, sustain and aoe were ok but not great, perhaps fixing some of the issues/suggestions above would help to improve it; at the moment not entirely sure where the combo excels.

Thank you.

• Hi,

I disagree on 2 and 3.

Why? Because we tested Champ/s vs Scout/r and the Champ/s was overall at the same level like the Scout/r. Champ/s had lower trash aoe but more burst aoe and even more burst single target 😁

8% dot is hard, I agree, but the damage of the class is fine I think

Btw: Scout/champ is a melee dps with more than one cast. If it isnt changed for Scout/ch I disagree to change it on ch/s ^^

• Hello. Isn't the druid/warlock made so that healers without making a second set of clothes can walk around in mirrors and hit tir?

What stats do you put on it to gain enough magic attack to catch up with the rest of the dps?

But because of redesigning this class, other druids are being spoiled.

Skills needed for healing are being changed.

Edited once, last by Kelpi: And one more thing... A mage/priest with his depth blast does 400kk dps... Is that normal? Can the other mages be forgotten already? Not only does he have double damage on this skill, but the extra damage is higher than the main damage. Funny, but very sad for the rest of the mage classes. And that's besides the strong AOE. Demoralising. And no desire to play. ().

• Hello. Isn't the druid/warlock made so that healers without making a second set of clothes can walk around in mirrors and hit tir?

What stats do you put on it to gain enough magic attack to catch up with the rest of the dps?

But because of redesigning this class, other druids are being spoiled.

Skills needed for healing are being changed.

Druid/Warlock is not supposed (at least from what I understand) to be a Healer at all but a magical dps. Therefore you need to stat him like any other magical dps.

Greetings.

• It is a fix for an issue that was reducing your damage when your cast speed hits to 0.5 cap. When this happens you were experiencing 2x damage multiplier instead of 6x.

Greetings

What % cast speed do we need to reach that "0.5s cap"?

So I calculated (and tested it afterwards just to make sure :D) and if you have the golden set and one Curse XIII as well as your pet summoned and Clear Thought Poition active you'll need Guitar, Warp Charge, Ancient Spirit Water, Elven Mind Flask and Storm Assault to be just above 0.5 and if you add Fire Training your just below that.

If you have 2 Curse XIII (on the Warmage e.g.) you can just leave out/use later the Elven Mind Flask or anything that gives you ~20% cast speed.

Greetings.

• Regarding Ch/S:

First of all, thanks for the change, focus management works fine now. However, I agree that the cast time of Crippling Shot should be removed. Right now, I only use it with Chain Drive anyway, so it would just be a neat quality of life change.

Moreover, I fully support Rakot's suggestion to reduce the amount of life consumed by Blood Arrow. I'd even go further and say the hp cost of Shadowforge's Rage should be reduced to 1%, because Ch/Wl has other skills that consume life.

Being hit by melee aoes and getting drained by such large amounts may be manageable (yet annoying) for players like Rakot and me, who already finished gold gear and have considerable amounts of hp & pdef, but will break any new players back.

Regarding Ch/Wl:

Damage seems fine now, however it's very annoying to sacrifice a gcd every 20 seconds to use Indomitable Spirit. We already have to use Rune Growth (which has a gcd as well) every 30 seconds. Please consider removing at least one of those gcds.

• Also what I wanted to adress for Warlocks in general is the non-existend aoe damage. Although the aoe damage got a bit buffed with Soul Crusher changes, it'S still really low. Soul Crusher deals half the damage of "Beat's Roar" and Beast's Roar itself doesn't deal much damage. So maybe consider buffing those skills (or the aoe damage in any other way).

Another consideration would be to adjust the lvl 98 setskill (Spatial Rift). Personally, I don´t currently use the skill at all because the damage is far too low, the damage increase actually only makes sense if you have a lot of targets and then the buff only runs for 10 seconds and the stun is only rarely useful. I don´t know if other players use the skill more often. My suggestion is to remove the damage increment and significantly increase the damage itself.

Kind regards