Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• people are asking to improve classes that need it but are still lacking something => u nerf them for example p/w

it's very funny about this p/w, u made special weapon for it so many people made this spear and now it is useless... but hopefully u did playable d/w, so people what was playing p/w now can play d/w (but of course they need $pt$ and $2h axe$) and after 2 weeks they will be allowed to throw out 2h axe like they did with spear...

u made ch with 2h hammer unplayable, and all other mail classes cant do dmg with 2h hammer (w need blood from sword/axe) so u are making this weapon useless now, another weapon for throwing out...

next, u saw that people started to change playing r for s, so what? u buffed r again, now r/m, so they need to think how to get back their daggers they sold 2 days ago

• Greetings,

It is suggested that you do not make any irrational decisions pertaining to your own equipment items as a result of this patch.

First,

read the first post in this thread.

And after all, everyone should always see the "overall package" of one class combination. For example the priest/warrior has raid patk/matk buff. He can revive during battle, has a group damage reduction and Soul Bond.

In my opinion, classes which have group/raid support, should not do the highest damage of all classes.

Just my 2 cents

BTW: I did not checked the changes in instance until I wrote this

• there was examples: do u realy think i should describe all changes? now nerf p/w with buff d/w in the same patch is too oblivious and some important part of this post above was censured so this is whu it can look confusingly

• there was examples: do u realy think i should describe all changes? now nerf p/w with buff d/w in the same patch is too oblivious

if you think p/w is nerfed too much and useless now, you should reconsider your playstyle, it is still strong dps class and idk why you compare it with d/w, d/w isn't even viable enough to be a good dps in tikal yet but as a weird healer option

anyways, rogue/mage needs to be nerfed on its sustain side for sure, preferably before people start to sell their other weapons immediately to buy dagger, i guess

cheers

the world chico, and everything in it.

• My issue with some of the changes is how they fundamentally alter some things, I can live with some adjustments being it nerf or a buff towards achieving mythical balance, but some changes are just crazy. Few examples:

1) change defensive oak pet on wd to induce -65 pa/ma, this change makes wd tank obsolete, there is 0 reason to tank on it, devs ignore, so if someone like me invested in building few plate things to tank, I am screwed now, could it be expected change? Idk, it was never being altered so fundamentally before; champ SF still similar mechanics, so devs in my opinion just doing such changes without recognizing how it affects ppl who have gear/weapons/etc, worst part not even acknowledgment of that...

2) Last patch change on p/w, remove pd and hp buff - like why... when i made spear for the class, i was looking at the whole package including survivability, now its gone - would it let me tank with those buffs... NO, would it be similar to other classes that have say wd briar - yes, so why would they remove it... There is no logic sometimes, except to piss ppl off... Again, if you implement new combo like that, then adjust it but not completely change 1 month! later some aspects of it - dont you see how that makes ppl who made gear feel... Before spear, i made 1h axe for example for it + shield, so i already lost twice with the devs changes - should i wait 1 year before i know this is stable combo and invest in it? Is that what devs want us to do? Or they want us to keep building things, spending $$, tossing them away, rinse, repeat - this is insane!

3) 2h vs 1h champ/rogue, again give options, dont force certain weapon/style, have both viable, but no, lets force ch/r to be dual wield, optimize skills for it, and for ppl who played years with ch/r using 2h what do they say... nothing, move along.

There are many many examples like that, I must say interactions between the devs and community is practically non-existent in terms of these changes, and there appears to be complete disregard to investments people make in terms of the gear etc.

Just my feedback, recently very unhappy customer with how things are being handled...

• Rakot, i already have made 2h hammer and sword, spear 1h axe heal wand and mage staf, it's enough...

they nerfed so much beserec on p/w, ONLY P/W HAVE CD 1,5 MIN CD ON IT and nerfed atack speed of it, so 2 NERFS ON ONLY TEMPORARY BUFF

who cry when they took hp or deff on dps class??

now my 2h hammer, spear and 1h axe are uselless like pt what i invest in classes i played, noone will buy this weapons now but i still need $ to do 2h axe because now 2h axe is in meta

balance started 2 months ago and we still dont know if our class will be playable when we wake up and we will stack with useless items...

• You think 150kk each hit is balanced with priest/warrior like it was?

Change your playstyle like it was said. This class is still decent

I tested rogue/mage. It is at the same level like champ/wl. little behind rogue/warden in my opinion

• Regarding the Ch/Wl changes. 60 sec Endless Pulse reduces the need to recast quite a bit and makes the class more pleasant to play. Same goes for 1% hp drain for Dark Energy Punishment. Both very good changes.

The change to Soul Forge Mystery however makes little to no difference. Why ? Well, the idea is a pretty good one, especially since you didn't just give the class a permanent dark dmg Rune Pulse - would be way to powerful.

But atm there are two problems with it. First, the class needs to stack its Forge buff to 7 in order to maximize damage, which contradicts Unleashed Soul proccing on the first whitehit. Moreover, Dark Energy Attack when buffed by Indomitable Will still does more damage than a buffed RP(as it should be). This and the need to buff said Indomitable Will/Rune Growth and maintain them, leaves you with a fraction of the buffs runtime for actual use.

Hence I'd suggest changing Unleashed Soul to give the player a buff stacked to 5 with 30 sec duration, that converts RP damage to dark and consumes one charge per RP. This way the skill would be far more useful while reducing the theoretical amount of buffed RP's from 10 to 5 as compensation for the change.

Lastly, Rune Siphon has a healing portion that scales with wisdom/heal boni and currently serves no purpose. I'd suggest changing it to a 10% heal. Wouldn't be as much healing as prior to the Endless Pulse change, hence still would justify the change made to Dark Energy Punishment.

• I would like to report Ch/r bug:

Death Arrives should have "Reduced Death Arrives cooldown to 3 minutes and added 36% 1-H hammer damage to effect"

Instead tooltip just says Buff 0-0% + actual damage does NOT increase at all - tested both on the character damage + actual damage output, please fix.

• Most of the skill changes to R/M for the level 60 elites seem okay, but there's something off with the Chaos Dagger elite skill.

Per https://chroniclesofarcadia.co…d-festival-class-balance/ the damage calculation for Enchanted Throw is 330% main hand weapon DPS + 8 x projectile damage at level 104.

Chaos Dagger gives only 116% main hand weapon DPS + 0 x projectile damage at level 104. PEMDAS would indicate that this equals a total of 116% main hand weapon DPS, since the projectile damage is nullified by the multiplier of 0.

I thought I was going crazy, but no, my formerly enchanted throw does less than half the damage that it used to, now that I have chaos dagger. How is this an elite effect?

• Once paired with wl/m debuffs and the fire damage boost from Hell Blades, Chaos Dagger actually does deal more damage than Enchanted Throw did. Having skills that deal elemental damage is a strong boost to dps.

• Once paired with wl/m debuffs and the fire damage boost from Hell Blades, Chaos Dagger actually does deal more damage than Enchanted Throw did. Having skills that deal elemental damage is a strong boost to dps.

So an elite skill only works properly in tandem with someone else's character?

That has to be the worst skill design I've ever heard of. Even beside that, completely nullifying projectile damage seems like a glaring nerf.

• First off, Hell Blades is a selfbuff (strictly better than Illusion Blade Dance was btw), so you always have access to it.

Projectile damage didn't matter much anyway.

Rogue/Mage was made much stronger overall with the recent changes.

• With the cooldown on Hellblades, you're effective for maybe 30 seconds. And then you're unable to pull your weight until the next time you can burn 10 projectiles.

Frankly, I'd rather just drop fire damage from Chaos Dagger and revert it back to Enchanted Throw. Makes the class much more self-sufficient for low-traffic farms.

• With the new change, Wd/r became really strong, really too much, that's not balance at all.
    After some tests, for starting to balance this class combinaison reduce from 30% to 15% theses 2 skills can be a good option.

Changed Together; Increases you and your pet’s damage by 30% 15% for 30 seconds.
    Power Sigil; Increases your physical damage by 30% 15% for 30 seconds

• Hmm I patched automatic with launcher and also manual but i keep crashing before 10 seconds, I need help. Any gm whisper me, thx :D

Fixed.

~ Q.

• Mage have a lot of skills with old elemental dmg. Mage subclasses dmg changed from fire/wind into other elements so I suggest that Thunderstorm, Meteor Shower, Fireball, Purgatory, etc should change into each subclass elemental dmg.

Few thoughts, tried in dummys, not in RoFL yet.

- MK sustained dmg got improved and make a good combo with static field, fireball and stars of light. Glad spammable 3s skill got a bit boost aswell.

- MD test was a disaster, i really hope extra mattack buff and less def on mobs time to time help because it was really bad.

- MCh, still asking for getting rage from plasma arrow second effect and not from charged, as Laisha suggested tho. It really would help.

- MR test did literally same dmg as MS, maybe this class is finally where it should be.

PD: We have now poison dmg? I can't wait to see which combo you guys rework to add it 8o

• Hi,

I want to report a bug:

Priest/Warrior

Condensed Rage: increase water and WIND damage instead of light damage

EDIT:

Found another bug regarding Priest/Warrior

Ascending Dragon Strike: Does less damage with the Accuracy Halo effect than without it

(In my test on the dummy 11kk without and 6kk with buff)

Just for your information:

Explosion of Fighting Spirit works as intended with Accuracy Halo effect

Kind regards

• Some Mage classes are really nice now, I appreciate some new changes, first i came here to say, MK is great but this class miss a decent aoe.

Please consider to add Light damage on "Purgatory Fire". Something like that :

Summons purgatory lighter, causing 1449 +0.10 x INT Fire Damage + 1449 +0.10 x INT Light Damage to targets within a range of 50.

But, other way could be Madox’s one

so I suggest that Thunderstorm, Meteor Shower, Fireball, Purgatory, etc should change into each subclass elemental dmg.

Changed Meteor Shower to be point and click spell, increased base damage to 1400, removed interruption on getting attack, reduced damage decrement for each extra target to 10%

Thank you!

- MK sustained dmg got improved and make a good combo with static field, fireball and stars of light. Glad spammable 3s skill got a bit boost aswell.

I agree with this completly. I only think that "Holy Light Strike" need a little push upwards with its damage. Even though that skill got buffed by 20% and "Stars of Light" got nerfed by 20%, Stars of Light is still doing more damage than "Holy Light Strike". "Fireball" is also alot stronger so there is no real need tu use "Holy Light Strike" atm.

Greetings

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

Edited 2 times, last by Laisha ().