Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• Hello,

Want to know if its posible get some change in W/R, the class get buffed in last patches but still bit short in damage and this class have the adventage can do the bleed from the stab of rogue but dont have any skill to use, the class have to low dmg on the Bloody Dance skill, so i want to know if its posible make change on this class to get a combo with the stab and bloody dance and make one efect to increase the damage done with this combo, maybe that make the class be viable to be used.

the changes on W/Ch been so nice, now i see its been used in partys and its great see variety of classes in runs.

Thanks in advance

• Hi

Why did everyone forget about the druid / warrior? It has a very good potential for damage. Make it possible for him to carry a spear weapon. You need to increase the damage and bind it to the strength.

• Dear team,

I have one suggestion - since p/w uses fairy and cant use cenedril at the same time could you please scale fairy damage same way as cenedril do, that way p/w would not be at disadvantage versus other classes who can have extra damage from the cenedril.

Kind regards,

Rakot

• First try with couple of mages:

m/ch, is what this class needed as sustain, between new skill and this class non gcd spammable skill, is able to keep up with rest of pdps.

m/p, where should I start... bad, terribly bad. New skill dmg is really low to replace casting (as sustain, no cast buffs).

Im scared if that skill dmg wasn't nearly enough for m/p, it wont be for any other mage (except mch) since is the same mechanic for all of them. It needs another extra skill without gcd like mch or isn't worth.

• Hi

Why did everyone forget about the druid / warrior? It has a very good potential for damage. Make it possible for him to carry a spear weapon. You need to increase the damage and bind it to the strength.

well they take off the reason why worth play this class (the buff of patack now dont work for the raid)... and i hope if they change this class dont become in another monk with spear tbh, i will to prefer see diferent thing, like midium dps/healer, stacking the mother earth points with hits and use them to aplay %regen hp buff for raid or aplaying debuff on target allow the members hitting the target get healed... get a mix of this will be good to see and yes they will need to adjust the changes to heal power with strenght and/or patack

• Hello,

The guardian / druid is no longer relevant.He is weak and slow on the zerg does not have time to deal damage. After cutting stable damage, it stopped doing damage on mobs as well. Return to attachment 16% damage and 30% earth damage.

Give an alternative to a warrior mage.

• Changed some class pets and cenedrils to update their attributes dynamically depending on owner attributes instead of only during spawn.

Mage/scout pet isn't included, still work in the old way. About this pet, the flame cast is extremely slow, most of the times isn't even hitting once between bosses if we have good dps in party. I would suggest to reduce its cast time and also make it dependant to user own cast speed or just make it instant like other pets. The distance for this skill is 200 but I constantly see the pet going closer, way closer to cast.

Bug report: This flame cast from the pet gets bugged like 100% of the times, if you run a bit further or if you enter in b3 organs, the pet appear without buffs (the dmg go back to what it was if you summon it without any buff, still old function) and won't (no matter what I try) cast flames, I need to resummon it or it will keep doing white hits only.

Changed some class pets and cenedrils to update their attributes dynamically depending on owner attributes instead of only during spawn.

First off all, thanks for also changing cenedrils as well. Now they have a use other than passivly giving you stats. In regards to this I have a question. Is it intended that you can't summon a cenedril and a pet (e.g. of mage/scout or warden) at the same time? If it isn't intended it's bugged atm.

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• Hello !

I'd like to discuss some balance issues in the game.

First I want an upgrade to the Druid / Warrior class. Obviously this class cannot be equal to the Priest / Warrior class. It is a matter of balance. As before, this class is only considered a healer. after balance this class is lagging too. Would love to renovate this class to regain the balance of the game.

Thank you. Looking forward to solving the problem soon.

Changed some class pets and cenedrils to update their attributes dynamically depending on owner attributes instead of only during spawn.

Now all cenedrils hit harder than the guardian / druid pet and they can't be called at the same time. Why do guardians need pets in the game if all cenedrils give out more damag?

• The skill Runic Overload Still getting bugged by the mobs in RoFL, the skill desapear even with Ale potion or full rage when you get a knock down in the instance by microseism for sure, not sure about the Vines skills, idk if was already reported

Now all cenedrils hit harder than the guardian / druid pet and they can't be called at the same time. Why do guardians need pets in the game if all cenedrils give out more damag?

Hi team,

I agree with the premise of this post in that wd now is at disadvantage since it needs a pet to work well yet then does not get benefit of the cenedrils; i guess one possible option is to make wd pets much stronger to compensate for that; also do similar for classes like p/w who needs fairy. I do like the option to have cenedrils toggle-bale but need to make sure it does not diminish other classes such as wd and p/w.

Thanks!

• Привет. Я действительно надеюсь , что лаги от камелии цветка друида / разведчик исчезнут

As has been repeated plentiful times: English is the main language of the forum, all posts must at least have an English translation if you do wish to post in your native language.

Translation via Google Translate:

Hey. I really hope the druid / scout camellia lags go away

~ Alke

• Hi team,

thanks for the update alot of new combos to test now.

However, I would like to ask you to revert one change you have made:

" Changed Spirit of the Oak to additionally decrease physical and magical attack power by 65%."

In my opinion, this change is completely unnecessary and very unfair change, I initially thought it was to debuff a target (e.g. boss) and not the player. You now made wd tank at disadvantage relative to other tanks, if you propose that then you have to do -65% debuff on pa for all tanks that use defensive buffs, it just does not make sense. Wd was always a tank that can do some damage while sacrificing survivability, or go all def then barely any attack. Please note tank does need pa too to help with agro, such HUGE pa reduction is simply unheard of and not warranted at all.

I am very strongly against this change and I hope its just a mistake, please fix it and make Spirit of the Oak pet back as it was without pa or ma reduction. If this to stand, there is 0 reason to tank as wd, you just decreased variety with that change, this can not be your intention.

Please consider it,

Kind regards,

Rakot

• Hi,

first of all: Thanks for all patches you made so far (so good and the bad ^^)

Regarding the latest patch: I guess the rogue/knight should be a tankable class?

The class lacks on HP and physical def to really be a tank. Also you can't use a shield at this class.

I would suggest to improve the physical def from "Enhanced Armor" for this class or make this class able to use a shield. right now you don't even reach 2kk p-def :/

Kind regards

• and wheres is the problem? the same happened to the champio, basicly its similar, now to tank with warden you have a pet to tank as champion use the SF and lost patack by -% str, i think thats good cuse wheres the point in the warden can be tank and do good dps just changing the jewellry?, then why dont increase again the patack on the champion too?.... this change is good maybe what they need to do its now make a pet to be more offensive dps like do the champion with the disassemble form

• "and wheres is the problem? the same happened to the champio, basicly its similar, now to tank with warden you have a pet to tank as champion use the SF and lost patack by -% str, i think thats good cuse wheres the point in the warden can be tank and do good dps just changing the jewellry?, then why dont increase again the patack on the champion too?.... this change is good maybe what they need to do its now make a pet to be more offensive dps like do the champion with the disassemble form"

With that change noone will tank as wd, it just useless, no stun, lower pa than other tanks, why bother.

Champ in SF does NOT have -65% pa reduction, so your comparison is not valid, it has loss of str but in turn HUGE gain in sta; in the case of this change, you just lose 65% pa while before there was no such loss. As it stands, tanking in SF same gear i will have more pa and more hp and more pd than wd with the oak pet, it makes wd useless as a tank since champ can just do much better - hence less variety as i said.

If the intention is to make it similar to champ SF - then instead of -65% pa make it like SF - convert str to sta say 87% like SF, but not just -65% pa, this just kills wd tank...

• You right about they missing increase the Stam/Hp then just decrease the Pa if they want this class can tank with the dps gear, but about the change to make a dps class could become tank with one change like this is good, cuse in case your main tank die one dps could tank... but keep looking for a tank can still doing dps, i disagree here, cuse whats the point in roles... and yes one of the big problems in this game its the CC its not balanced between classes, some have 2 knock downs anothers dont have any kind of cc, i though that change will come with this balance and still waiting to see some changes on it

• Agreed. At the moment warden tank is just a worse champion. Less life, less pdef, no interrupt/stun and no group support.

Since the goal seems to be erasing classes that can both tank and dps, I'd suggest that instead of plainly reducing patk/matk by 65% it converts to pdef or hp.

• Ill type about different topics since I try lot of classes.

--Rogue/knight

Increased Lion’s Protection conversion rate to 90%.

Im confused. You guys told us you weren't planning to make leather users full dexterity (as many people asked a lot of times), half dex and half str was the way to go. Now you add a feature where you need full dex to be viable.

Don't take me wrong, Im glad we can see more viable tank classes, I like this change. I would love to see mage/knight tanking (just thinking out loud :P)

-- Warden tank pet change, I agree with what they said, is not good. My wd/d magic dps-tank as hybrid could atleast do some dps (I guess this is why you also added mattack to the nerf) making lacking of hp, def, taunts, cc (god this is important), defensive skills, proper magic tank gear of this class less useless comparing with huge tankiness of knight or huge tankiness + dps of champ (yes, champ still reach what, 800k patt in shield form? Its dmg in some champ combos is still impressive (specially aoes), way better than my wd/d squishy combo).

-- Mage/Rogue. Tried yesterday in RoFL.

-Viable? Well, I guess that 5% dmg help other members? idk, I wouldn't pick this class for that reason.

-Improved purge? Even this one is crap compared to pdps when they can remove all the mobs from this planet in 3 seconds :/

-Sustain? Yes, is better than other casting mages (I won't talk about the new instant skill because isn't worth), not a disaster but way behind than m/s and m/ch.

-Burst? Oh god, that was bad, so bad. Probably the worst mage combo. Having extra 32% cast speed make you full speed for 90s instead of 60s like other mages, assuming boss survive that long you can start recovering dmg when rest of dps's burst is gone. My friend Balton disagrees :)

Summon it up, I woulnd't pick this class yet, it isn't the good choice in any aspect comparing to other dps. Decent in some parts, terrible in others.

• Summon it up, I woulnd't pick this class yet, it isn't the good choice in any aspect comparing to other dps. Decent in some parts, terrible in others.

I partly agree. While I haven't tested M/ch and /s yet I think the m/r is (compared only to MAGE) pretty viable. He has a nice group support and does fairly good aoe dmg. I will, however, test other combos as well and give a report then.

My main problem with the Mage is imo, that he is complety useless compared with other classes. Every pdps easily outdamages the mage (single target and/or aoe) and don't get me started on wl/ch. This class still deals way too much damage compared to other mdps.

As mentioned above, I will test other combos in the next few days and then write another statement.

Greetings.

Edited once, last by Laisha ().

• Regarding Champion after latest patch:

-/Mage:

The new Void Armor is really cool, I especially like that you made a completly useless skill viable. Removing the duration of High Energy Barrier made the class a lot more pleasant to play, although the doubled cd lowers overall damage a bit. I'd suggest splitting the damage buff and the shielding part of the skill though, like you did with Wd/R version of Heart of the Oak though

However, the change to Bloody Experience and Suppression Offensive make up for that.

Overall, the damage can't compete with /Rogue, but playstyle and added support of Obstacle Force Field is nice. More improvements could be added, but still good job !

-/Warlock:

I don't quite know what to think of the changes of last patch. The class was already weaker as /Rogue and now is weaker than /Mage as well.

It has the downside of constantly losing considerable amounts of life, which heavily impacts performance on 3rd boss rofl and generally makes gameplay more challenging. Imho classes that drain themselves, should do slightly more damage than their counterparts. Else there is no point in playing them.

After the patch it has lost a large portion of it's burst damage/some overall damage due t the changes to Soul Forge Mystery and has lost the only real upside it had compared to other Champion combinations - the Blast of Remorse 5 sec stun. 2 seconds of stun does not justify playing the class, especially since the draw-together effect does not work in rofl.

I do get that 5 sec stun with 10 sec cd had to be changed and I generally do like the change of Soul Forge Mystery to a permanent dark damage buff, but why should anyone currently play /Wl over /Rogue or /Mage ?

Ch/R does everything the class can do, but better. 18.5% atkspeed ? Ch/R has 12.4 (quick hands) + 10% (shadowstep) = 22.4%. 18% weapon damage for 20 sec vs 21% (Shadow Explosion + Shadowstep) ... Blast of Remorse AoE vs many, many Shock Overload procs(main + offhand). And ofc Shadow pulse with it's added Rune Pulse hit that does so much more damage than a normal RP.

Ch/M as metioned above does far more burst damage and more overall damage and has the added benefit of group support.

To change this, I would suggest the following:

- Increase Soul Forge Mystery's dark damage increment to 40% (It does only impact a portion of Dark Energy Strike and Rune Siphon anyway)

- Increase Endless Pulse attack speed increment to 22%

Some quality of life changes:

- Remove Rune Siphon Rage cost(only 20 Focus)

-Change Blast of Remorse cost to 30 Focus and enable draw-together mechanic in rofl

Ch/Wl elite skill does add Focus restoration to Forge. Atm you don't need Focus apart from Heart Collection Rune (a buff that can be used every 1:30 minutes) and Rune Siphon (which does cost rage as well), so I think it would make sense.

• Again, I chose to split my post. The two topics, although related, should be separated imho.

Regarding 1h hammer vs 2h Hammer:

Sadly 2h hammer is not in a good spot right now(so is wand, but someone playing mdps should adress that). To confirm this, you just have to take a look into the auction house(and the history). So many players are trying to get rid of their 2h hammer or already did.

This mainly comes down to 3 reasons:

1. Champion/Rogue with one hander does deal more damage than any other class right now, has the best aoe etc (sustained as well). The difference between 1h and 2h is massive.

2. The damage difference per hit on the other champion classes between 1h and 2h is already small and you get more Shock Overload and Chain Drive procs out of 1h and a stat stick, pushing in favor of 1h. Ch/M even does more damage with 1h in burst than with 2h and Ch/W is a tank that uses 1h as well. Hence as a Champion player, a class that traditionally used a 2h on this server, you're left with Ch/Wl and Ch/Priest. All other combos fare better with 1h. Both of the mentioned classes don't perform well atm, with /p being the worst.

3. 2h sword is significantly better than 2h hammer for all warrior classes (and bis for wardens ofc). While I agree that classes should use their own respective weapons, 2h sword provides with so much options. Maybe some kind of benefit for 2h hammer users could be implemented for W/Ch ? The class already has 2h hammer for the highest weapon level, so it would make sense.

Summarizing, 2h vs 1h hammer for Champion is in the same situation as Scout's x-bow vs bow was. So please consider adding (or altering) a skill that gives 2h users a benefit, like you did with Wind arrow. I get that you try making every weapon type viable, so that should be in your interest as well.

• Regarding to the latest changes on Scout/Mage and Scout/warden. (I tested a bit)

The Scout/warden was still viable, now this class is probably the strongest of all scouts and he has group pdps support.

The changes of the wind arrow for the scout/mage are nice and would make this class maybe viable, but why should someone play the scout/mage with a skill that has only 30-40% proc chance for only the wind arrow? Then you can better play the scout/warden with 50% proc chance, but for all skills. So the scout/warden has all the scout/mage has, but even better :/

I would like if the scout/mage got some changes for fire dmg or something else, otherwise this class is way behind like the scout/knight

Kind regards

• I have a question regarding Warlock/Rogue.

Is it intended that "End of Thought" deals less damage than "Shadowstab" or even "Throw"?

As described in the loca "End of Thought" deals 3824 + 0.3 x INT dark damage, while "Shadowstab" deals 2982 + 0.3 x INT dark damage and "Throw" deals 1924 + 0.2 x INT dark damage. None of these skills have a cast multi so, logically, "End of Thought" should deal the most damage.

In reality it is quite the opposite, it deals even less damage than "Throw".

Edit: Thanks for fixing it so fast. :thumbup:

Greetings.

Edited once, last by Laisha ().