Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• Changed Housekeeper potion Clear Thought to be usable together with any buff.

This includes Ancient Spirit Water? If it does, it isn't working.

The cooldowns of both items are still shared, but the buffs stack for me. Ancient Spirit Water doesn't remove Clear Thought

Damn true, Idk why i was expecting the cd to be different, nvm xD

• Dear Team,

To make the warlock/mage more logic it would make sense to either change the ISS 490342 to standing still or the warlock/mage elite skill 498703 to stacking while you move so you have to either constantly move to increase your intelligence attribute and dark matk or you stand still and both stacks up. Right now you have to either move or stand still which doesn‘t make any sense.

Please consider changing this to whatever solution, I would prefer the standing still on both skills!

Thanks in advance!

• I have an idea for the Knight/Mage as a mdps class. Atm this class is really far away of all other classes. The class has no possibility to do permanent moderate damage.

Maybe the skill "Enhanced Armor" could increase the magical attack of this class for all, who play it as mdps.

For a tank, which is playing knight/mage, it does not change anything.

If "Enhanced Armor" would increase the magical attack for the same amount like def, the class is maybe able to do moderate damage. Maybe it is enough with 50% attack bonus.

• I have an idea for the Knight/Mage as a mdps class. Atm this class is really far away of all other classes. The class has no possibility to do permanent moderate damage.

Maybe the skill "Enhanced Armor" could increase the magical attack of this class for all, who play it as mdps.

For a tank, which is playing knight/mage, it does not change anything.

If "Enhanced Armor" would increase the magical attack for the same amount like def, the class is maybe able to do moderate damage. Maybe it is enough with 50% attack bonus.

I completely agree that knight/mage lacks the matk buffs to be viable in high instances as a pure DPS class.

However.. I feel like 50% matk is just a ridiculous amount to just give for free and permanently (look at the Ch/R patk nerf, it was for a reason).

I suggest boosting it's matk by a maximum of 20% permanently, with for example said buff Enhanced Armor.

This buff could also be added to the AoE skill Holy Light Domain, it would match the style of W/M then. By turning on the AoE, you gain pdef/mdef and matk, like W/M used to be.

Life is an enigma, and all we can do is our best to figure out what it means.

• Yes i know what you mean. The champ/rogue had also a permanent aoe :D and a damage skill with a 2 sec cast multiplier, why he was so OP with the 50% attack power.

The Knight/Mage is a bit low atm. But 20% for the first step would be better than nothing. So we can test a bit :D

• I have a suggestion for Mage/Priest. Since you buffed the water damage (e.g. Tide Mastery) could you change the Elemental damage of "Rising Tide" (ID 499608) from fire damage to water damage again? Because at the moment Rising Tide is a really bad Fireball (does half of it's damage) so there is no use at all for this skill.

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• I finally managed to test the "new" priest/warrior tonight. First off, nice changes, they did make things better for this combination for sure.

However, the class still doesn't deal damage that can compete with the other classes. Having almost no offensive cds and only a weak Whirlwind as aoe without good singletarget damage to compensate, is the reason for this.

Here are my suggestions to change that:

- Make Prayer passive apply to physical water damage as well

- Reduce the damage of Ascending Dragon Strike to 800%, Explosion of Fighting Spirit to 500%, Fighting Spirit Combination to 400% and change their damage types to physical water damage.

- Change Condensed Rage the following, since it is currently a self heal that does not fit the role of the combination as dps:

Condense your righteous rage to improve your battle prowess. Increases your weapon damage 30 seconds by 30%. 2min cd

- Change Light Healer Fighting Spirit (for the same reasons) to Flying Crane Stance

Reduces the cooldown of your Whirlwind by 20 seconds and makes it inflict physical water damage instead. Also increases its damage to 650% and makes it consume mana instead of rage.

- Raise the one handed axe weapon level for priest to at least 240

• While we are suggesting buffs for Knight/mage. Maybe you could change the elemental damage of "Lightning Shield" from wind damage to light damage. Every skill on this class that deals damage, or is supposed to, is based on light damage. If "Whirlwind Shield" would do light damage this class would also have a decent aoe skill.

• Hello

I have a suggestion for Champion / Warlock
    The skill Dark Energy Strike uses rage, I think this is very bad, in this bunch all the basic skills use rage and none use the focus from the warlock, I propose to replace the use of rage in this skill with the use of focus.
    This skill is the second major one in this class, you always have to first gain rage and only then do damage, it is inconvenient if the rage drops to 0 Shock Overload is disabled.

• In the patchnotes of Patch 10.2.1.1256, the 5th and 6th post from last there is a description error. It says that the skills of Mage/Warden is changed but in both cases its Mage/Druid

Edit: It is already changed so thanks for that =)

Edited 2 times, last by Laisha ().

• After the patch, we were not in the dungeon yet, but now I see that you haven’t done anything good with this patch, than to do such a “balance"; it’s better not to do anything.

It’s interesting if you think that the champions are doing too much damage, for which champions do you check this? For those who already have T17-T18 weapons and new equipment?)

In general, it is unclear how you change everything every day, I remember earlier when there was a balance on other servers there a test server was created where players were given different equipment for tests and tested skills in different conditions, and only then released patches, and then it turns out every day I go into a new game and every day there are mostly unpleasant changes associated with the class I play.

• it seems that physical classes are excluded from the game. Let's take an example of buffs - magic classes 20.8% damage from the druid, physical classes 5.2%. What balance is it talking about? If we take the example of a warrior / mage, after all updates - + 60% damage, +21% attack, so now the druid buffs give good numbers (+20.8% damage) and +18% attack priest, as a result, the increase in damage is 80.8%, aren't there too many?. Perhaps a gladiator with a two-handed weapon will have less damage than a warrior / mage.

As always, gladiators and robbers suffer.

• I seriously hope that the dev-team does not act on feedback from people who obviously do not have any understanding of the games mechanics for dmg- and stats-calculation.

Otherwise this whole balancing project is doomed.

I do not mean to offend or provoke anyone with this comment, I just want the balancing process to have merit.

Thanks for understanding. &)

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• I understand purge from m/r was doing too much with x2 hits so doing x1 is normal but adding 2secs cd for all mages? <X

EDIT: Purge tested in rofl, this new change instantly destroyed any chance to do decent aoe dmg, literally any other dps destroyed me. Please reconsider removing the cd.

Also purge should do the elemental dmg of the class, like m/r doing dark dmg, m/d should do earth for example.

• I really understand how hard the dev-team is trying to make everything as equal as possible. For example the new Amplified Attack from Priest which now also gives matk which is great dont get me wrong but I still dont understand why there is different buffood. Most classes use the same buffood such as IS buffood there is one for matk and patk both got the same values but then there is the Hot Strew which is only usable for pdd classes and it gives you 30% patk which is ridiculous. If you compare it to mage classes which are forced to use the coin-recipes to get 18% its just unfair in my opninon. Mage food doesnt just cost more it also gives less so my suggestion is if you really want to make a real balance and make both dps classes as equal as possible please adjust that because I think paying 20 dias for 10x "Hot Strew" - +30% Patk compared to paying 60 dias for 10x "Elven Bread with Cheese" - +18% is just redicolous. I mean there is even a coin-recipes which gives patk but just +18% and its not even used because there is the Hot Strew which gives +30%. Other than that you guys really did a great job in my opinion keep on going with the hard work and I'm glad to see that you also listen to the player-base <3 Thanks in advance.

Greets

Talking about peace whilst spilling blood, it’s something that only humans can do.

• Well, in that case please don't allow to stack ma buffs [...]

Well, this is what just happened. Reread patchnotes.

champ got nerfed by 20% in rune pulse

Again, reread patchnotes, there you will find the answer to why...this "nerf" actually wasn't a nerf at all.

...but I guess since you have me blocked, this attempt of mine to clear things up for you is pointless...at least I hope others wont be as disappointed then as you are now. :)

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• I understand purge from m/r was doing too much with x2 hits so doing x1 is normal but adding 2secs cd for all mages? <X

Yeah not a big fan of losing half the power on AOE dps in a blink of an eye but at least we got Earth splitting explosion DOT covering for a part of that AOE dps lost. It feel like we're getting more from one hand then we get removed form the other, making it break even or losing instead of gaining.

Again Mages have got the best boost so far so it's kinda hard to complain about such a small change IMO.

Let's see what the next change will bring...

• I really understand how hard the dev-team is trying to make everything as equal as possible. For example the new Amplified Attack from Priest which now also gives matk which is great dont get me wrong but I still dont understand why there is different buffood. Most classes use the same buffood such as IS buffood there is one for matk and patk both got the same values but then there is the Hot Strew which is only usable for pdd classes and it gives you 30% patk which is ridiculous. If you compare it to mage classes which are forced to use the coin-recipes to get 18% its just unfair in my opninon. Mage food doesnt just cost more it also gives less so my suggestion is if you really want to make a real balance and make both dps classes as equal as possible please adjust that because I think paying 20 dias for 10x "Hot Strew" - +30% Patk compared to paying 60 dias for 10x "Elven Bread with Cheese" - +18% is just redicolous. I mean there is even a coin-recipes which gives patk but just +18% and its not even used because there is the Hot Strew which gives +30%. Other than that you guys really did a great job in my opinion keep on going with the hard work and I'm glad to see that you also listen to the player-base <3 Thanks in advance.

Greets

My original reply I deleted when Mado pointed out I did not read patch notes fully - was upset about the champ nerf.

I will point out that if we want to balance ma and pa like that then make sure pd and md of bosses are similar, since historically it was almost always pd > md, sometimes by a significant amount.

I also want to say constant nerfing is really hurting, very hard to play with nerfs appearing every other day :(

Finally, I still don't understand why some changes were made, e.g. 20% reduction in rune pulse - is it because some groups champ is doing so well? I am making an assumption here - but if you compare damage output from a group, plz make sure gear is taking into account - gold/versus not, t17/18 versus more reasonable t15/16.

Anyway, very discouraging times for personally, I used to look forward to patch notes - now its with dread.

• Hello Arcadia,

how can it be that Pdds can only have one patk buff either from the priest or dudu and Mdds get Essence, Hug and priest buff now on top. (because the Priest's Enhanced Attack now buffed Matk too).Maybe you should give the Pdds more patk buffs which would be fair

This is no Balancing from all Classes Right now , if then you should bring all classes to a same Dmg output by introducing a Dmg limitation. It can't be that a Mage /rouge with inferno gear does three times more damage to a Scout . Or a Mage /Warden can remove Organs(Boss 3 Rofl) within a 20 second burst, while other classes may not even do so in the Boss 3 in rofl.

I hope that the balancing has a positive effect on all classes and not only on a couple

• Beim Kundi/Druide scheint der Skill Fokus nach dem Patch nicht mehr richtig zu funktionieren. Zwar wird die phy. Angriffskraft um 47544 erhöht (wird auch angezeigt) aber er hat keinerlei Auswirkung. Seltsam ist auch, dass der Schaden am Trainingsbalton immer gleich bleibt. Bogenschuss z.B. 10x immer genau 267,334 ???

Ansonsten finde ich die Änderung mal eine ziemliche Abwechslung, also zumindest bis jetzt positiv.

Wenn es nicht hierher gehört, dann bitte verschieben.

Servus Peter

• Changing druid/warrior skill Awakening of the wild to self buff is not a very good decision in my opinion, please reconsider that.....

Why? Priest buff is now stronger and druid buff got now percentage damage. So if you have 2 healer in group 1 should be druid and 1 should be priest. I like this balance, because no healer class will be "best". before it was best to have 2 druids. /warrior and /warden.

Hello Arcadia,

how can it be that Pdds can only have one patk buff either from the priest or dudu and Mdds get Essence, Hug and priest buff now on top. (because the Priest's Enhanced Attack now buffed Matk too).Maybe you should give the Pdds more patk buffs which would be fair

This is no Balancing from all Classes Right now , if then you should bring all classes to a same Dmg output by introducing a Dmg limitation. It can't be that a Mage /rouge with inferno gear does three times more damage to a Scout . Or a Mage /Warden can remove Organs(Boss 3 Rofl) within a 20 second burst, while other classes may not even do so in the Boss 3 in rofl.

I hope that the balancing has a positive effect on all classes and not only on a couple

Wait... what... uhhm.. NO. you should read ALL patch notes, not only one single line.

"Changed Mage/Priest skill Essense of Magic to self buff." -> no more buffing for others

"Changed Priest/Scout Embrace of the Water Spirit to convert 20% of ranged damage to magical damage and no longer affects raid." -> no more buffing mdps

"Reduced Priest/Rogue skill Wraith Halo magical attack amount to 2% and added 5% received heal boost." -> lowers from 10% to 2% btw

"Changed Druid/Warden skill Mysterious Grace to self buff." -> no more group buffing as well btw ;)

Kind regards