• I have the impression that someone forgot that ROFL is an instance that should be done in GEORG's old inventory. I can't imagine a new guild with -30% doing this instance in this inventory (for mages -50%)

GOOGLE TRANSLATE

besides, I think class balance is a financial leap to get people to make several sets of items. The balance of the character is dealt with by a person who does not play and I have the impression that he does it with the use of "stone, paper, scissors"

• Official Post

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

(for mages -50%)

Would you mind sharing also what makes you think this?

someone forgot that ROFL is an instance that should be done in GEORG's old inventory

Realm of the Forgotten Legends instance has been cleared with approximately 90% weaker classes in 2020 Spring by the community, current damage reduction is 81.1%, which would make it still easier to run with Gorge of the Ice Giants equipment than when it was during initial release.

Greetings

• If goal is to run rofl for 4-5 hours one run , then yea you can clear whit full gorge gear, and thats if all alredy know good tactics ,but new guild have no chance in that setup . Also you sholdnt nerf 30% , 15% would be ok i think. Or you should just nerf dmg in rofl by adding some buffs to def to mobs, bosses, something like in RT where you have broneze,silver, gold difficulty . Greetings

• If goal is to run rofl for 4-5 hours one run , then yea you can clear whit full gorge gear, and thats if all alredy know good tactics ,but new guild have no chance in that setup . Also you sholdnt nerf 30% , 15% would be ok i think. Or you should just nerf dmg in rofl by adding some buffs to def to mobs, bosses, something like in RT where you have broneze,silver, gold difficulty . Greetings

We ran RoFL a year ago with t11-t12 full gorge gear and t14-15 weapons and didnt even need 2 hours after we know all tactics!

Why ppl always think in this way: Publisher push classes by 70% -> "OK. Cool. Nice for me. Ty good publisher"

After that, nerfing by 20% -> "OMG NOOOOO. ARE YOU SERIOUS? WTFFFF!!!!!!1111111 HOW SHOULD ANYONE NOW CAN CLEAR THIS INSTANCE? IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!1111 "

Kinda funny. It seems, that some ppl lost the comparison to the classes after RoFL release. If you need 4-5 hours running RoFL in a full gorge equipped raid, then it's all about the raid. 1-1,5 hours are possible at farm status in gorge gear with 12 ppl

• Ok get 12 ppl and pls do rofl whit red gear in less then 2 hours now...

• If you give us red gear...

You could ask a gm if they could give us the equip for 1 run.... If you want a proof and even after that, you would still arguing the damage is to low.

Ppl which has cleared RoFL right after release know, that it is not to hard now. Not even harder than at release date. And if I remember correct, that should be ppl from 6-7 guilds

• It is still a MMO. That means you should not be able running RoFL solo/with alts

Go random with some ppl and look at their damage, if you think damage is low. Better you focus on your skills to get better. Nobody ist perfect and you can always be better than now

• Just to be on the same page, i dont mind nerf,but it shouldnt be this much ,even tikal and inferno are a lot harder now. And GM pls give Lutine and his crew red gear for 1 run so we can all see that its possible to do it :)

• And i realy think , by adding more difficultys to rofl as i said like in RT (bronze,silver,gold..) you can solve rofl problem, for example normal stay same, you get 3 stats, 10-15 sards, 3-4 fragments, one core , and for every next diff, you get more rewards but mobs and bosses get stronger, and for highest dificulty you can even put changes you have planed for rofl (pruple text on future patchs), but you get best rewards. That way all can choose what to run and what rewards want to try to get .

• I never really understood why ppl were even complaining about the difficulty of rofl in order to let it increase difficulty. In my eyes it's entirely useless to implement an adaption in dmg 1 year after the release. On one specific server we had some very easy instances as well, such as GoH, which were cleared in less than 1 hour at the first run. We all complained about the easy content and then they brought more difficult instances afterwards (PoM, CoE, HoE, etc)... i mean, they still were not that hard like a ToSH has been back then, but it was okay for most ppl.

So related to CoA I would have done it different: let rofl be as easy as it was and introduce more difficult content in following instances. It's still an MMO and we all do progress with gear, raid setup, class diversity, etc. So putting us back to a deprecated state of dmg that we all throught to pass already, feels worse than intended I guess.

At least me any my guild is always working hard to find another percent of dps here and there, introduce another supporter, try new tactics, but now some may feel cheated by the server, since all our progress in cooperative dps feels like being nerfed --> gone. I mean, it's not rlly gone but generally nerfed and I know, our optimizations are still worth it, but ROFL as an instance is still boring and will be forever, but now we need about 15 mins more (in average) to finish a run, which is just useless in my eyes. Instead I personally would have let rofl as is and focus my development resources to new content.

• To be honest i don t understand how it could take 4-5h to clean ROFL with a gorge gear. When ROFL was released it was more harder than it is now and we cleaned it with a gorge gear T11-T12 and weapon T15 and never took so long. So cleaning ROFL now with 12 ppl in red gear is not a problem in less than 2h it still way more easier than we did in th past cuz rofl red gear T10 is better or equal to a gorge gear T12 and the damage output got buffed through class

balancing :)

Kinds Regards

I just want to add something. I myself started playing CoA 2 weeks ago, after a long pause, and currently I just have a red RoFl mage gear and my dmg is almost compareable with people that are already full golden. What I want to say is that its not often the gear. Sometimes theknowledge about your class and a good decision making is more important than gear. You can easily keep up with people having the best out of the best gears just by knowing when and what to do in certain situations. And I also can say that the current dmg I do (even with the current nerfs) my red RoFl gear is still performing better than my old gorge gear a year ago with a total total RoFL dmg reduction of 0%

Just to be on the same page, i dont mind nerf,but it shouldnt be this much ,even tikal and inferno are a lot harder now. And GM pls give Lutine and his crew red gear for 1 run so we can all see that its possible to do it :)

And sorry to say this but this post just makes me depressed. Of course people are able to clear it with red or even gorge gear. It is not the equipment that makes you a "good" player. I personally think that the person behind the screen is the reason for the dps coming out of your ingame character... There are good player out there and then there is the opposite; people that are not so good. And I think you haven't been there when RoFL initially released but it took the most people several days to clear the instance for the first time but after that even with gorge equipment the people improved their tacticts and where able to clear the instance to the point where we didn't even need more than an 1h and thats not just the exception for some people. Most of the guild back then where able to clear the instance within 1h-1 1/2h maximum and that with gorge equipment. Of course you have to keep in mind that the dmg reduction was lower than it is currently but personally I think the current red rofl equipment with the current dmg reduction is still performing better than the old gorge equipment a year ago with the dmg reduction on 0%.

Keep in mind that it is all still a test phase with the current class balancing. The devs are working hard to try to balance everything to the point where you can play what ever you want. And by doing so they buffed certain classes to the point where they overperformed and instead of nerfing the class to the ground they adjusted the dmg outcome. I would say that every class with compareable gear did nearly the same, when all circumstances where the same. And thats the reason why the dmg overall got nerfed...

Greets.

Talking about peace whilst spilling blood, it’s something that only humans can do.

• first thing rofl got changed and was made harder in one of updates , more resist and other things so its not same as before. 2nd what u did makes no sence instead of nerfing all player dmg just remove golden gear. but i know if u do thet gna lose money so its not an option. also lutine try doing rofl with GORGE RED GEAR now , full party and tell me how long its gna take , not rofl red gear but gorge red gear... also one more thing thet all of you people dont get is this game doesnt have much online people so nerfing this much will make it even harder to form partys , cos now u need even more people to do rofl with this nerf.

last thing is think about other servers and how long they need to finish one instance and how many people u need to do it.

u dont need to do it with full 12 people it should be done with 8 people with gorge gear so people can do guild runs also. and u need on every server about 1 hour to finish ini ? and even u who complain u do rofl 1 hour. but now people with gorge gear would take 3 hours for shure with 8-9 people in party. Also i know for fact it took people 2+ hours to do rofl with gorge gear when it came out and not 1h as u have mentioned...

nerfing all player dmg just cos few people complain is not good , but instead make something more challenging for them or simply dont ruin this game for mid geared people, or simply if u want challenge just use gorge gear instead why use golden gear. simple realy challenge your self dont ruin game for other people u r not alone on server and u have ways to make it challenging for your self other ways as i just gave u example...

• Clearing ROFL at the release was harder than it is now after the nerf. This is caused by:

• The growth in defense/requirements of ROFL was smaller than the growth of player strength through buffs and higher gear
    • On average, the players DPS has grown by about 87,8% natively (funky calculation, but within standard deviation of byte's 90% figure, so it checks out for the sake of argument)
    • This does account for golden gear. Without Golden sets, the DPS increase is approximately 67%.
    • ROFL was buffed by about 10% since release.

The statistic of 30% less damage in ROFL is quite misleading, as one already had a 0.27 multiplier in damage for ROFL. This multiplier got cut by 30% with the overall changes.

0.27 * (1-0.3) = 0.189
    -> Results in a new, effective 18,9% mutliplier for damage in rofl.

On an example: Lets assume we have a character that deals 1.000.000 Damage per hit PRE BALANCING in the overworld.

We assume that everyone pre balancing had red gorge gear.

After one year, that character would deal...

PRE BALANCING MULTIPLIER TURNS OUT TO BE
    OW 1.000.000 100% 1.000.000
    ROFL 1.000.000 27% 270.000
    PRE NERF
    OW 1.000.000 167% 1.670.000
    ROFL 1.000.000 167%*27%*90% 405.810
    ROFLGold 1.000.000 187,8%*27%*90% 456.354
    POST NERF
    OW 1.000.000 167%1*70% 1.169.000
    ROFL 1.000.000 167%1*18,9%*90% 284.067
    ROFLGold 1.000.000 187,8%1*18,9%*90% 319.447

OW= Overworld

1figure ignores the most recent changes to singular classes for the sake of demonstration

Therefore we can conclude that since 284.067 / 270.000 = 1,0521 is larger than |1|, the damage has increased by 0,0521 or 5,21% even post nerf in ROFL.

In the overworld, this increase in damage is dramatized to up to 16.9%.

Nerfs still feel bad though. I get that you're annoyed by this, but ROFL was too easy to deal damage in. The instance isn't as fun as it should be though, as some of the bosses feel like a chore rather than having fun in a game.

• ...text...lutine go waste your diamonds and try rofl with gorge gear... text......

that was MidanLauert said.

Why you ppl always crying instead of looking for mistakes in your own playstyle or raid setup? There is more than one WL/Mage to build the best raid setup...... most ppl just looking for their own dmg output in scruti to be top 1 instead of playing classes making the whole instance way faster.

So please, STOP crying. I/We WOULD do rofl in gorge gear like 1 year ago, but you should also realize, that we don't have gorge gear anymore. So if you want to force us doing this, YOU should GIVE US the gear. And if we would proof it, you should pay us, excuses yourself and never speak such things again... I'm annoyed of ppl not knowing the mechanics, how to push the RAID DAMAGE instead of just the own one...

• first thing rofl got changed and was made harder in one of updates , more resist and other things so its not same as before. 2nd what u did makes no sence instead of nerfing all player dmg just remove golden gear. but i know if u do thet gna lose money so its not an option. also lutine try doing rofl with GORGE RED GEAR now , full party and tell me how long its gna take , not rofl red gear but gorge red gear... also one more thing thet all of you people dont get is this game doesnt have much online people so nerfing this much will make it even harder to form partys , cos now u need even more people to do rofl with this nerf.

last thing is think about other servers and how long they need to finish one instance and how many people u need to do it.

u dont need to do it with full 12 people it should be done with 8 people with gorge gear so people can do guild runs also. and u need on every server about 1 hour to finish ini ? and even u who complain u do rofl 1 hour. but now people with gorge gear would take 3 hours for shure with 8-9 people in party. Also i know for fact it took people 2+ hours to do rofl with gorge gear when it came out and not 1h as u have mentioned...

nerfing all player dmg just cos few people complain is not good , but instead make something more challenging for them or simply dont ruin this game for mid geared people, or simply if u want challenge just use gorge gear instead why use golden gear. simple realy challenge your self dont ruin game for other people u r not alone on server and u have ways to make it challenging for your self other ways as i just gave u example...

1) Why do you think option to remove gold gear (that is actuall endgame content) is better than general nerf dmg? That is stupid in my opinion. After all, if there was no gold equipment, you would not have to collect cores from the instances, so the rofl would be even boring and you will have more problems to take ppl for inferno (example).

2) In the past, it took a lot of people to clean an instance, our guild did it, as mentioned by deszcz2 for two days and the last boss was killing the best dressed players in our guild in a 12-person party

3) That our instances take a lot of time and people? have you ever played World of Warcraft? ^^

4) When i seen argument: endgame content, the hardest ini (by definition) in game should be make in 1 hour with 8 ppl and with low gear i want to cry... No mate, endgame content can be possible to do with 8 ppl in 1 hour, but this ppl should have endgame top gear, not gorge.

I just want to add something. I myself started playing CoA 2 weeks ago, after a long pause, and currently I just have a red RoFl mage gear and my dmg is almost compareable with people that are already full golden. What I want to say is that its not often the gear. Sometimes theknowledge about your class and a good decision making is more important than gear. You can easily keep up with people having the best out of the best gears just by knowing when and what to do in certain situations. And I also can say that the current dmg I do (even with the current nerfs) my red RoFl gear is still performing better than my old gorge gear a year ago with a total total RoFL dmg reduction of 0%

I can't agree with this if you compare with good (not noobs) players with gold gear, you have red gear and you can compare with they on dps, i can't say "you are pro mage" i can say only "perfectly balanced".

https://imgflip.com/i/58r3ez

I can be wrong, I do not refuse you skills and I know we have different with different players and I know that I do not know everything myself. However, in order to be able to compare a mage in red equipment with, for example, a champion in gold gear, even if you compare yourself to an average champion who gets 65% -70% from his class, and you get everything what you can, that is 100%, I still can't say that this is how it should look like you do as much as he does, because there is a big gap between the red gear and the gold gear.

Ashlynn i should ask, you compare you dps versus others classes or other mages? If you compare vs mages, then i can say you are really good player, but if you compare vs others classes we have big % for that the balance is not good. But we can't say "balance is bad" if we don't have balance :D

• ...text...lutine go waste your diamonds and try rofl with gorge gear... text......

Why you ppl always crying [...]

So please, STOP crying. [...]

People are mad because the changes feel unfair to them; the crying is an unfocussed but legitimate criticism on the way that endgame content has been handled, as with the nature of the game, whereas the content had to be too easy to fit on the average player which neglected the high-end folks.

On the contrary, making the content really hard brings us back to times of the official server, where the barrier of entry to an instance was about 300€+.

This, together with the fact that many players dislike ROFL as an instance leads to the frustrations that have been bubbling to just come out now. It's not a good valve and does not make productive discussion.

Voice your frustrations more productively. Say exactly what you mean to say, don't beat around the bush.
    Instead of "I don't like the nerfs it makes it so hard for midgame players" say
    "The Event at boss three is boring and repetetive, people with lower gears sit around for much longer times now doing barely anything. The last boss also got exponentionally harder for weaker teams, as you need to play more phases - and with the disproportionate difficulty of the bull phase in comparison to the other puzzles, these nerfs disproportionately target midgame players when the main goal was to make the endgame more challenging."

Takes more work, but being understood isn't easy. Don't assume you're on the same page, ever. This is how misunderstandings happen.

At the same time I would like to ask the endgame folks that get annoyed at the criticisms to take a breather for a moment. The conversation is starting to turn sour and toxic.

Have a blessed day,
    Midan

• At the same time I would like to ask the endgame folks that get annoyed at the criticisms to take a breather for a moment. The conversation is starting to turn sour and toxic.

I don't think the conversation is toxic, on the contrary, in my opinion, there are a lot of constructive comments.

On the contrary, making the content really hard brings us back to times of the official server, where the barrier of entry to an instance was about 300€+.

Comparing the price of the red equipment from the highest instance to the price of HD equipment on the global server, I see a total gap here, so I cannot agree with this argument. In addition, it should be noted that the current stat prices are veeery low and the cores obtainable on instances are free and still worth a lot.

This, together with the fact that many players dislike ROFL as an instance leads to the frustrations that have been bubbling to just come out now. It's not a good valve and does not make productive discussion.

I think gorge is liked much less.

Instead of "I don't like the nerfs it makes it so hard for midgame players" say

"The Event at boss three is boring and repetetive, people with lower gears sit around for much longer times now doing barely anything. The last boss also got exponentionally harder for weaker teams, as you need to play more phases - and with the disproportionate difficulty of the bull phase in comparison to the other puzzles"

We know Jerath is really boring and we say that on forum and in game many times, nothing has changed because of this so I don't see the point in presenting the same 80 times. The more that following this logic, it should be argued anyway. I remember our first astaroth, we dont burst him in 40 sec, we spended on this boss 20 min, with many tactics, with many bulls and with waiting for all buffs. In my opinion new players should do the same.

these nerfs disproportionately target midgame players when the main goal was to make the endgame more challenging."

That is why we should add new mode or add option from RT that is "silver, gold,etc"

• in fact, there are no big changes, you can only make a pleasant and clean run with a little more team play required and sensible work.it was for example;50 minutes before, now 1 hour ^^ 10 minutes lost

no serious changes "i Think"

good day and regards