Posts by MidanLauert

> Cloth

> Tank

no.

That is how the class got designed 2 years ago. I didn't see anyone complaining about this particular class back then.

The vast majority of plate wearers (the one time Lutine and I agree xD) were super annoyed by any class that could tank instances in non-plate gear which FINALLY got fixed. Plate has a singular purpose and if you take it away from them, the whole gear becomes utterly useless. When the classes were released, plate was optional and the stam/stam rofl stats were traded like crapstats since not even heals would use them anymore.

If cloth can tank DC I'm gonna start a riot, seriously

mage/scout

Could you check which weapon accuracy is shot using? im having crazy miss rates in dark core. If is bow, any chance to increase bow level? or stick shot to main hand weapon level?

Why isn't magic dmg affecting pet dmg? catalysis (for example) or tamb are totally useless. Our burst is totally dependant on supports magical attack extra buffs, our selfbuffs do nothing :D

Your miss rate is most likely not due to low weapon level but rather from a lack of flat accuracy because the mobs are 4-6 levels higher than you. If you attack with a weapon in DC you need an Acc. rune :)

he literally just said that endgame folks weren't the main focus for this update lol

don't spam 2.000 reset tickets in three days if you want to have fun for longer

That's what these scrolls are for, lol.

I too speedrun my favorite game and tell the developers that there isn't enough content.

First, they add an instance with a drop and don't want to make it easier by saying: "do a good eq and come back", and now they transfer some of the drop to other activities, I see no consistency here.

If they had added a gorge-like stat, they would have devalued the worldboss. If they had added another tikal stat, hoto would have been useless. Anything below would have been useless already. They had no other choice than doing that, especially with power creep being a very real thing.

Apart from the fact that something has been implemented with new players in mind, it does not mean that you can not create something for old players at an easy cost, I would like to make malatin's dungeons for appropriate prizes and I do not see anything wrong with the fact that someone proposes some solution.

Adding too much value will directly increase inflation, since you already get IS items that quite a few players already use the items that are in the instance; diamond inflation through introduction of more itemshop items would suck for everyone.

Adding a new item for engame folks only would buff power creep.

Just accept that this update wasn't and couldn't be for you and be done with it. Just be grateful that in the end, the influx of new players will benefit the entire server and in turn you.

This is everyone complaining about the update not being entirely for them right now.

We have considered changing some of the loot to be friendlier to endgame players, but have found that the addition of universal potions, the deposit injector, cards and instance-tier phirius potions to be sufficient.

Sufficient to do minigames 3 days and never come back I guess :/

he literally just said that endgame folks weren't the main focus for this update lol

don't spam 2.000 reset tickets in three days if you want to have fun for longer

Hi,

I would like to suggest adding the definitive aggro multiplier of skills to the tooltips. It would make it much easier to understand which skills are important to use for newcomers and which are noob traps (punishment, I am looking at you...)

Could look a little something like this:

Thank you and have a blessed day,

Midan

The game, generally, is pretty hostile to the melees atm. It is just especially noticeable as chain equipment doesn't have an easy swap to a fully ranged class.

Melees have always been in more danger, but chain classes had much more defense than DPS, simply surviving longer. For leather this defense was in the way of dodge, something that became less and less relevant as time went on. With gold equipment having very similar defense values (even between plate and cloth) this advantage got removed without a proper sustitute.

Yes, d/w exists, but the class is scuffed in terms of rage generation if you do not get your whitehits off at least sometimes.

It is a structural issue with the game right now.

At red-gear levels the lack of defense and HP from equipment causes these DPS to just keel over and die if just one little thing isn't right. Skipping this setup and just choosing all range classes leaves more room to optimize somewhere else.

At gold-tier levels the monsters fall so quickly that even the higher damage potential of chain can't really be measured since the range disadvantage these classes have take away a lot of potential damage to be dealt by the chain equipment.

Chain isn't weak DPS wise, chain is weak cause you need more setup. Setup that instead could be used to make the raid better.

Powerful AoEs need a cast time and interrupting them needs to infer a cooldown period. Survival of all classes should at least need some skill. All melees would benefit immensely from that without increasing the damage numbers.

Imho a good change, but healers definitely need to get a nerf to their healing

Only in endcontent. Try use tikal gear to heal inferno as a new player. It is really not op or easy. Heal is low. (Tested 1-1.5 years ago)

Since the release of p/d and d/p healing has become insanely easy, even in "bad" gear. In lower instances you can sometimes even be carried by the double 2%-Hots being applied. It's a different story when the entire party has just inferno/tikal gear, but I've not seen any healer that doesn't immediately at least buy gorge gear (these days)

Regarding upcoming healer changes:

• Changed Amplified Attack to get scaled based on unbuffed wisdom and/or base bonus heal points.

Good idea, but please get in mind, that with the condition "or" you can build "heal" gear only with dirty stones or with only sta/sta again ^^In my mind it would be really good, that you can do it in a way, that the healer must use buffood (hero potion, transfo potion, wedding food, dracos). If it is only unbuffed values, healer can again running everywhere unbuffed and heal unbuffed :D

If someone wants to do that to golden healer gear, that seems very fair imho. The way it was now was pretty annoying. Also it should work with cenedril heal bonus, which kinda got neglected before in lieu of more wisdom. Imho a good change, but healers definitely need to get a nerf to their healing.

Ant-Man "What the hell happened here?" Remastered in UHD (4096x2048px) :  r/MemeRestoration

I'll summarize for anyone arriving here:

1. LL and Fallen tried to bully each other (though it was kinda one sided)
    2. Fallen is bringing up the point that boss 1 is now harder and is therefore against weaker players
    3. GMs tell everybody that the instance isn't really made for weaker players
    4. No real arguments have been made, therefore it's basically just complaining
    5. GM tells people how things are supposed to be
    6. Unreasonable ridicule ensues
    7. The people taking the piss wonder why nobody listens to them
    8. No real discussion has been had, everyone is pissed off

Yeah this should sum it up reasonably. Kalin is a hard instance and I like it. Good events, good trash balance - literally everything has counterplay. Go use your immune food if you see that you get super high hits from the boss that your heal cant outheal/your tank can't stand. You have at least 15 seconds even without a tank to kill a boss with no hp gates. Should be easy enough if you play well.

yes yes you know everything.I know the boss tactics, I just wanted to point out that if it happens like I said, it will be better.

I am sorry if I offended you, I've just heard from multiple groups that this strategy fixed their issues and therefore may be good for you too. Kalin is a pretty hard instance with strict timings on some events; of course you need a really good group to play it.

One of the main factors why people take things personally is the way the debates are held; talking about things or expressing one's opinion is often met with dogpiling. Some people (yeah, I mean myself too) do not like this and instead make a sport out of getting some people riled up over literally nothing.

This is especially jarring when normative statements are made in relation to a personal pronoun referring to oneself. To put it blatantly: it makes the person doing it look incredibly arrogant, as normative statements simply can not be derived from a place of authority of a singular person but rather from collective knowledge/experimental testing or things already being public knowledge.

The very basis of the balance thread is flawed in this way, as every person in there has a subjective understanding of things and the way raw data is gathered differs accordingly, yet findings/experience differing from oneselves are dismissed our of hand.

The solution? Everyone take a chill pill - these are just words on a screen. The solution to the current issues will come and trying to put each other down over possible suggestions just isn't productive for anyone.

Worse groups may have to play the event multiple times to a point where barely any damage can be dealt to the bosses.

The event at b2 e.g. leaves you a window of 15-20 seconds dps after your burst is gone (which was also weaker than in a good party). This can make the fight either drag on insanely long or be outright impossible (as the probability of unlucky oneshots through dumb casts while frozen rises a lot). Forcing at least 1-2 events onto the party wouldn't be all that bad.

Considering not every team has your power, I hope not. Sometimes I also think about others :)

I can absolutely understand your opinion. But I mean, play an event has nothing to do with power or am i wrong?

Greetings

The event at b2 is currently pretty random. If you're unlucky he will cast his AoE right as you're frozen, onehitting your party. The fixes and adjustments are probably referring to that. Also, Water cannon often hits the entire party when it's just supposed to be a frontal AoE. After that, Locatha & Adept are pretty boring as you can burst to avoid their (pretty cool) event. :)

Hopefully the instance has been buffed, numbers wise, and the events changed to a fair (but challenging) state. I especially enjoy the ensia event.

I think the story is that the muses placed their powers into mortals and the NPC "Panos Hill" awakened to find himself being somewhat of a reincarnation of the Muse. His name also changed to Terpsichore during the quest line. :)

I for one am happy about stuff you actively have to farm yourself. Buying in everything is lame. Maybe the Artefacts will be a little bit like Cenedrils: Parts are buyable, parts are only farmable.

I didn't know that someone in this game forces someone to buy something: D Everyone can get items the way they like, if someone wants to and has someone to get it with, if someone has no one and wants to buy it, he will buy it. Everyone decides for himself and it should stay that way

ofc nobody is forced. :) But I like stuff that's unique to the character, something that you can't just buy if you're rich enough. Let's wait for the details though